Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

For the US fans this game is on ESPN2.

I am fully pumped!!! I want a Sanchez hat trick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
me too im loving stoked about this friendly coming up. bring it home boys, the first silverware of the season

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham

blue footed boobie posted:

Arsenal XI according to Canal Plus : Szczesny, Debuchy, Chambers, Koscielny, Monreal Arteta, Ramsey, Wilshere, Cazorla, Sanchez, Giroud

wow, no sanogo? i thought wenger would have more respect for a 4 goal hero in a cup run like this

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Modus Trollens posted:

I thought Sanchez was going to play as a striker??

Has Wenger forgotten what he used to know?

early days still, he'll play up front

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
giroud....

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
giroud looked hurt so many times last season but always got up, he is a baller for sure

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Is Falcao playing/gonna play?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Wasn't Falcao dead for like months

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
He's playing

Benadryl Brownie
Aug 18, 2005

Haway les gars
I'm ready to see some sweet pointless friendly action.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Would rather Alexis play up front. Giroud has zero speed and can never turn his man

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
http://twitter.com/LFC/status/495680499084324865

lol

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Looks like Arsenal need more athleticism up front...

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

I'm loving Filipe Luis too. Don't think he's put a wrong foot in all preseason. Now we just need to wait until some of our Brazilians/Schurrle come back so we can get Torres off the pitch.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
This is real boring

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
And whoever is doing color I'm pretty sure has never seen Arsenal play before "Walcott should play striker" "Arsenal can't win 1-0"

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I'm going back to my Ukranian stream

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

i was going to watch the arsenal game but i ended up watching newcastle against schalke instead

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

i think i might find a ukranian game to watch

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Falcao just scored.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Phwoar

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Leave Falcao unmarked, great plan!

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Arsenal look pretty bad tbh

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Arsenal look pretty bad tbh

no shits are being given, it's a mickey mouse cup, so above it now duh

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.
Both goals Arsenal have conceded have been from dead ball situations. Seriously, hire a set piece coach.

Also, Wilshere is utter poo poo.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
yeah, seems wilshere may never turn out to be even close to his prospects early on

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

T Bowl posted:

yeah, seems wilshere may never turn out to be even close to his prospects early on

Wilshere had the same thing Joe Cole did where everybody thought he was a lot better than he was whilst injured then when he came back everyone realised he's actually a bit poo poo.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

T Bowl posted:

I think he just might not be suited to being a deep lying midfielder. He does some cool stuff when he plays farther up.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
poo poo show and shitfarm dropping some hosed up real knowledge on Wilshere

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

I think he just might not be suited to being a deep lying midfielder. He does some cool stuff when he plays farther up.

he isn't but he is never going to get in a more forward role with who we have available

so i don't know how he is going to develop without getting to a team he can lock a starting role up.

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.
The concern with Wilshere is that his problems are all up in his head. He's not any less technically gifted than Ramsey, but Ramsey has surpassed him by leaps and bounds because of his work rate and intelligence.

I have my issues with Wenger, but if you can't sort your head out under him then you probably can't under any manager.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Shitshow posted:

The concern with Wilshere is that his problems are all up in his head. He's not any less technically gifted than Ramsey, but Ramsey has surpassed him by leaps and bounds because of his work rate and intelligence.

I have my issues with Wenger, but if you can't sort your head out under him then you probably can't under any manager.
Work rate? Wilshere is consistently in the top three of distance covered alongside Ramsey and Flamini. You have no idea what you're talking about.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Vegetable posted:

Work rate? Wilshere is consistently in the top three of distance covered alongside Ramsey and Flamini. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Do you have anything to back this up? He never seems particularly energetic when he's playing in the center of midfield

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

T Bowl posted:

he isn't but he is never going to get in a more forward role with who we have available

so i don't know how he is going to develop without getting to a team he can lock a starting role up.

He'll get some starts on the wing like he did last year IMO

hermyownee
Jun 5, 2011
Aarons just scored your classic wonder lob / accidental cross goal vs ze germans. 2 nil nufc.

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
NO-QUARTERMASTER

From the river (of Palestinian blood) to the sea (of Palestinian tears)
Get in the Toon, we're gonna win the league, we're gonna win the league

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
dats a peno

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Martin Atkinson is in full form I see.

• Locked thread