Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

Well, I got Katie today, with Redd out for the fireworks that means no Joan at the moment. Anyone around that can let me visit them real quick this morning?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Are you sure Joan's not out? Redd's in my square like in your town and Joan is here as usual. She's selling for 93 bells. My code is 2165-7063-9570, and I don't see yours in the spreadsheet. :(

Max posted:

Well, I got Katie today, with Redd out for the fireworks that means no Joan at the moment. Anyone around that can let me visit them real quick this morning?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The Orange Mage posted:

Are you sure Joan's not out? Redd's in my square like in your town and Joan is here as usual. She's selling for 93 bells. My code is 2165-7063-9570, and I don't see yours in the spreadsheet. :(

It's the Katie / Redd combo that's causing her to not be there, sadly.

1220-6509-4492

See you soon!

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Max posted:

It's the Katie / Redd combo that's causing her to not be there, sadly.

1220-6509-4492

See you soon!

Gate open!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

That did the trick. Thanks again!

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Tiffany the snooty rabbit is in boxes today, if anyone would like to come pick her up.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I bought a 3ds XL and this game. I have no idea what I am doing or how I find out what my 3ds friend code is. I linked my WII U MII and my nintendo network ID.

I just paid the Nook guy 10k for a house downpayment. Also have just been bug collecting , fishing, and digging.

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(

Hekk posted:

Also have just been bug collecting , fishing, and digging.

welcome to animal crossing

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Hekk posted:

I bought a 3ds XL and this game. I have no idea what I am doing or how I find out what my 3ds friend code is. I linked my WII U MII and my nintendo network ID.

I just paid the Nook guy 10k for a house downpayment. Also have just been bug collecting , fishing, and digging.

Hit the lil orange smiley face at the top of your 3ds home screen, yours will be the first/only entry

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Also remember that each day your town will yield 4 fossils, 1 breakable rock with a gem, and 2 furniture items in trees. You can catch the bees that chase you and sell them and their hives. Also 1 rock will randomly get assigned as the bell rock, hit it multiple times for money

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

Hekk posted:

I remember when the house was $10,000

Good times...

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Pancetti is in boxes today, she's kind of ugly but super sweet and I'll miss her. Anyone want to give her a good home?

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Aw man, I would take her if I had room! I have Lucy and Truffles and my roommate has Spork...I just love piggies. :3:

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

eating only apples posted:

Pancetti is in boxes today, she's kind of ugly but super sweet and I'll miss her. Anyone want to give her a good home?

one pig is enough for me, but lol at her name and catchphrase

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

The Orange Mage posted:

Aw man, I would take her if I had room! I have Lucy and Truffles and my roommate has Spork...I just love piggies. :3:

My town is pretty piggy. All boys now that Pancetti's out, since Gala moved out on me unexpectedly. Rasher, Chops and Hugh :) If you ever want to let Lucy go, let me know!

e: not Truffles though. gently caress Truffles.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
Are any of the public works projects more useful than the others? So far I've done a extra bridge to make the town easier to get around, a fountain, and a street lamp. Thinking of doing the lighthouse next because lighthouses are cool.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Require More Fire posted:

Are any of the public works projects more useful than the others? So far I've done a extra bridge to make the town easier to get around, a fountain, and a street lamp. Thinking of doing the lighthouse next because lighthouses are cool.

Get a campsite ASAP. Villagers will come and camp in your town and you can get them to move in if you like 'em.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Require More Fire posted:

Get a police station. They'll randomly get "lost and found" items that you can flip at Re-Tail, plus anything on the ground that gets displaced by villagers moving in will end up there. They can also tell you if Gulliver is on the beach that day.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

So I noticed that if u put any fruit basket with a sale value of 2500 bells or over up in the flea market, villagers will pay 9999 bells each time. Also beans can go for like 8000

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer

eating only apples posted:

My town is pretty piggy. All boys now that Pancetti's out, since Gala moved out on me unexpectedly. Rasher, Chops and Hugh :) If you ever want to let Lucy go, let me know!

e: not Truffles though. gently caress Truffles.

Gala you say? Well, it just so happens that she's in boxes in my town today.

I believe I reserved her for Corridor, but if Corridor doesn't want, you're next in line.

e: Corridor already has it seems, so all yours if you want

Migishu fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Aug 4, 2014

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!

Sex Hobbit posted:

They can also tell you if Gulliver is on the beach that day.

In my experience, you can't always trust this. Sometimes, he'll tell you that the mailman delivers mail, while Gulliver is getting washed out to sea by a high tide.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

I have Rod in boxes today, if anyone wants him let me know.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Migishu posted:

Gala you say? Well, it just so happens that she's in boxes in my town today.

I believe I reserved her for Corridor, but if Corridor doesn't want, you're next in line.

e: Corridor already has it seems, so all yours if you want

Corridor got her from me! It wasn't long ago so she won't come back to my town. Thanks though.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Yesterday was the first time for fireworks this month. Isabelle asked for a design, so of course this happened.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer
aaaaaaaaa full circle!

Anyways, I've opened up my town while I crash. Gala's in boxes (she's on the southern island, right-most house other than mine), free stuff on the ground.

Don't litter, destroy things, standard rules apply, and feel free to dig up my fossils (though please fill the holes afterwards)

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Ack! Migishu, I visited and thought I'd take some perfect pears, because you have so many, and two of your trees DIED! :cry:

I'M SORRY! I didn't mean to kill your trees! :ohdear: I left the good pears by their tree Actually I went back and replanted them, and mailed you some bells to compensate you. I didn't mean to vandalize you town, I just hardly ever see anyone with perfect pears and I was almost out!

Silver Falcon fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Aug 4, 2014

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Haha Hugh just asked to trade his flannel shirt for my 32k bell moon and I said yes because I want him to love me. I am the least economical mayor

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
Oh fucksticks, one of my less annoying animals is in boxes.

Friga's been a pal. I'm on the spreadsheet, so if anyone wants her just add me and let me know. I may not be playing it all evening but I'll switch to open gates whenever. :3:

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I want to add my information to the Animal Crossing Goon list but am too cheap to buy PMs.

My SA Username is: Hekk
My Mii ID is: Hekk
My Town Name is: Valley
My Friend Code is: 2681-1328-3332
Time Zone: PST (GMT -7)

If anyone wants to visit my town (I have no idea why you'd want to since it has nothing), please let me know and I will work on opening it up or whatever.

Hekk fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Aug 5, 2014

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!

Silver Falcon posted:

Ack! Migishu, I visited and thought I'd take some perfect pears, because you have so many, and two of your trees DIED! :cry:

I'M SORRY! I didn't mean to kill your trees! :ohdear: I left the good pears by their tree Actually I went back and replanted them, and mailed you some bells to compensate you. I didn't mean to vandalize you town, I just hardly ever see anyone with perfect pears and I was almost out!

Is it normal to take other people's perfect fruit? I was kinda surprised to find that someone harvested a dozen trees worth the last time I left my gate open.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Maybe if they trade their own perfect fruit :v:?

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
Katie is looking for a new town to visit. Anyone want her?

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Coco the "normal" rabbit is moving out of my town on the 9th!

I'll miss her but I'm sure someone here can give her a good home

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
Whoa poo poo, I'll take her.

Edit: God I love the weird monstrous ones that look like things that should not be.

Meldonox fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Aug 5, 2014

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
That is pretty creepy.

I'm still looking for someone to take Katie to. Anyone mind if I visit for a moment?

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Lord_Pigeonbane posted:

That is pretty creepy.

I'm still looking for someone to take Katie to. Anyone mind if I visit for a moment?

I posted my code above. Is there a requirement to receive a new villager? If not I am going to open my gate now and see what happens.

-Edit- Gate is open and I added you as a friend. Feel free to come on through if you like.

Hekk fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Aug 5, 2014

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Silver Falcon posted:

They were probably my planting trees. I've been using the same group of trees to plant that forest. No biggie.

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!

Hekk posted:

I posted my code above. Is there a requirement to receive a new villager? If not I am going to open my gate now and see what happens.

Thanks Hekk! Katy isn't a villager, though. If she makes the trip, then she'll appear in your town in a few days, and ask you to take her somewhere else. If you try to bring her to another village, then she'll mail you a gift.

Sometimes she drops her train ticket, and doesn't make the trip to the next town. If that happens then she still sends a gift, but she doesn't show up in the town that you try to deliver her to.

Anyway, I'll be right there!

Edit: Also, you don't need to do anything special to get new villagers. They'll show up by themselves, eventually. Also, if one is planning to move out of a town, you can visit them, and talk them into moving to your town.

Katy was delivered successfully. Thanks a lot!

Lord_Pigeonbane fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Aug 5, 2014

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Lord_Pigeonbane posted:

Thanks Hekk! Katy isn't a villager, though. If she makes the trip, then she'll appear in your town in a few days, and ask you to take her somewhere else. If you try to bring her to another village, then she'll mail you a gift.

Sometimes she drops her train ticket, and doesn't make the trip to the next town. If that happens then she still sends a gift, but she doesn't show up in the town that you try to deliver her to.

Anyway, I'll be right there!

Edit: Also, you don't need to do anything special to get new villagers. They'll show up by themselves, eventually. Also, if one is planning to move out of a town, you can visit them, and talk them into moving to your town.

Katy was delivered successfully. Thanks a lot!

So I keep getting trades and gifts and other stuff from villagers. It's way more than I can carry around on me and my house is the size of a postage stamp. Should I be selling this crap to the Recycle shop or are there things I can purchase that will hold multiple items?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!

Hekk posted:

So I keep getting trades and gifts and other stuff from villagers. It's way more than I can carry around on me and my house is the size of a postage stamp. Should I be selling this crap to the Recycle shop or are there things I can purchase that will hold multiple items?

You have a magic storage spot that you can access through many pieces of furniture, such as closets and refrigerators. If you don't have anything like that, you can access it from the locker at the train station.

Also, you can probably safely sell most of it. Once your town's store gets upgraded, you'll be able to order any normal items that you've ever acquired. Hang on to anything that's rare, such as things that you get from special events, because you won't be able to re-order many of them. Of course, if you don't care about being able to get something back, feel free to sell it.

• Locked thread