Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SnakesRevenge
Dec 29, 2008

Remember the basics of CQC, Snake!

theflyingorc posted:

A scene where Peter Quill defeats his enemies by whistling the theme from the Andy Griffith Show.

I'm so devastated that this will never happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Marvel gave Bill Mantlo a private screening of GotG. It's getting a little dusty in here.

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/08/03/rocket-raccoon-co-creator-bill-mantlo-gets-private-screening-of-/

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 18 minutes!

Endless Mike posted:

Marvel gave Bill Mantlo a private screening of GotG. It's getting a little dusty in here.

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/08/03/rocket-raccoon-co-creator-bill-mantlo-gets-private-screening-of-/

That is the nicest thing ever.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

No clue on the release date but apparently both Miles Teller and Kate Mara have said they've finished filming their parts for Fantastic Four.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Dogeatdog posted:

Considering how he treats his "staff", he's still pretty villainous.

fatherboxx posted:

Dude, he owns slaves.
Oh yeah he's not a nice guy, but I like that he's keeping to a specific "no I just want to own things" villainy instead of being all "I WILL USE THIS COSMIC POWER TO CONQUER THE UNIVERSE BWAHAHAHAHAHA".

Like, he's gonna own slaves and torture them if they do a bad job, but he's still gonna pay you the ludicrous sum he said he'd pay for that collector's item, y'know?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I didn't buy him being dumb enough to make the mistake he does. What collector leaves their new, mint-in-package acquisition open where the help can get grubby fingerprints all over it?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

muscles like this? posted:

No clue on the release date but apparently both Miles Teller and Kate Mara have said they've finished filming their parts for Fantastic Four.

That's really odd that they didn't even have an official pic of the team for SDCC if they're that far along. It feels like they're hiding the movie.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003
Probation

Gaz-L posted:

I didn't buy him being dumb enough to make the mistake he does. What collector leaves their new, mint-in-package acquisition open where the help can get grubby fingerprints all over it?

I honestly felt the Gem was doing something to cause it.

Also Starlord and Gamoras :stare: face after that was pretty hilarious.

I was thinking about how great it will be to see the Guardians meet the Avengers.

I am Groot
I am hulk
:fistbump:

Also Quill and Stark will get a long very well.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Aug 4, 2014

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

twistedmentat posted:

Everyone's reaction to it was great. Just pure genuine freaking the gently caress out.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003
Probation

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Everyone's reaction to it was great. Just pure genuine freaking the gently caress out.

Yea, they did that too. It was so perfect. These people who thought they had seen it all, now have.

Also, Groot Dance is one of the most feel good things i've ever seen in a movie

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

twistedmentat posted:

I was thinking about how great it will be to see the Guardians meet the Avengers.

I am Groot
I am hulk
:fistbump:

Also Quill and Stark will get a long very well.

I want the final battle to be planned out by Cap and Rocket. Just complete tactical mastery of the situation

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Away all Goats posted:

I want the final battle to be planned out by Cap and Rocket. Just complete tactical mastery of the situation

Hoping Rocket gets to meet Bucky at some point.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Sorry if I missed this, but Gunn confirmed on Twitter that the stone in the movie was the Power Stone.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Dacap posted:

Sorry if I missed this, but Gunn confirmed on Twitter that the stone in the movie was the Power Stone.

Cool. Aether being Reality makes sense in a lot of ways too.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003
Probation

Away all Goats posted:

Rocket kinda was a combo of Cap and Stark, with tech know how and the tactical mastery.

Also, Pepper seeing Rocket for the first time

"Ah! Tony! There's a Raccoon in the house!!!"
"Oh that's just Rocket, and he's not a raccoon"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Dacap posted:

Can't wait for Drax to swallow it!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

You guys keep bringing up Yondu's role in the movie, but all I read is

BSS posted:

YOOBA DOOBA DOOBA DOOBA DOOBA! AYOOBA DOOBA!

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Gavok posted:

I forgot this part until just now. This movie had so many great parts to it that you could forget some :allears:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Endless Mike posted:

Marvel sometimes has a habit of treating creators well and sometimes treating them like poo poo, but this is super awesome.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Gavok posted:

Yeah, what the hell was that about? I mean, it was entertaining as hell but is that a reference to something or just a thing that happened?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Dacap posted:

In addition to that he also said you could expect one more Guardian in the sequel. Maybe they really are doing Adam Warlock. I know he said Bug was in the original script but there was some rights issue with him or something.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

rantmo posted:

Yeah, what the hell was that about? I mean, it was entertaining as hell but is that a reference to something or just a thing that happened?

It was just his cute way of saying, "I don't care about any of that poo poo, so stop spinning it. Tell me what I want to know."

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Deadpool posted:

In addition to that he also said you could expect one more Guardian in the sequel. Maybe they really are doing Adam Warlock. I know he said Bug was in the original script but there was some rights issue with him or something.
Or possibly Nova...as someone else mentioned, you'd think the Corps would need to draft in some new recruits.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003
Probation
I'd really love to see Angela honestly. She and Gamora being the "stab everything sisters" is pretty great.

Happy Hippo posted:

So what are the next Marvel Studios movies?

We know Avengers 2 and Ant Man, then Cap 3, Thor 3, Guardians 2 and Dr Strange have been confirmed, some with dates. We know they have movies planned for the next 15 years. Honestly, with guardians success anything is possible, maybe even a female centric hero movie.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Aug 4, 2014

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Happy Hippo posted:

Avengers 2 and Ant-Man.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Avengers and Ant Man. Everything else aside from Avengers 3 it's kinda up in the air.

Edit: Beaten.

EDit: And that's right too. VV

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Aug 4, 2014

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Cap 3, Doctor Strange, and Guardians 2 do have release dates though.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

MooselanderII posted:

What if Starlord's father is the Beyonder?

That would explain his talent with sweet dance moves.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Jetfire posted:

That would explain his talent with sweet dance moves.

Does Starlord know how to poop?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

bobkatt013 posted:

Does Starlord know how to poop?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=newhRx_Trqc

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

So he can not be his son. I have also not seen him play with blenders

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Deadpool posted:

I wonder if he means that "joining the main team" or like Yondu, who was on the original Guardians team and was a secondary character here.

fallin1
May 14, 2007

...mostly MSG.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Hoping Rocket gets to meet Bucky at some point.

Any plan that he has will have to involve Bucky's arm.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Chris Pratt turns up to a charity screening of Guardians for 250 kids and sticks around to pose for selfies with every single one of them:

http://uproxx.com/filmdrunk/2014/07/chris-pratt-stopped-by-a-screening-of-guardians-of-the-galaxy-to-take-selfies-with-all-of-the-kids/

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

According to Nicole Perlman, she never considered Adam Warlock for the film ever. I don't understand why people were expecting him to be in the film. Same thing with Dick Rider, who some people are obsessed with.

Nova Corp was seen in some of the early concept art on the Avengers Blu-Ray, which got people speculating. Same thing with Warlock's cocoon in Thor 2's stinger.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Chris Pratt turns up to a charity screening of Guardians for 250 kids and sticks around to pose for selfies with every single one of them:

http://uproxx.com/filmdrunk/2014/07/chris-pratt-stopped-by-a-screening-of-guardians-of-the-galaxy-to-take-selfies-with-all-of-the-kids/

Chris Pratt is a loving kind dude.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

"Just know that if you stick to your path and you believe in yourself and be courageous enough to be yourself, you can grow up and you can be your own Star-Lord."

:unsmith:

I'd buy Chris Pratt a beer.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I think I read earlier in the thread that he swiped the Starlord gear from the set afterwards so he could show up to charity gigs/ visit sick children in full on Starlord outfit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

This stuff warms my heart, good job Marvel :unsmith:

Granted, these are probably near the bottom, but!

• Locked thread