Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

How did you notice a difference from the rest of the places where Islam seems to take root?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8lbsofanalsex
Jun 3, 2011

Reverand maynard posted:

Was this anywhere near Marjah? We did a patrol past this village and everyone had something wrong with them either mentally or physically.

This was in Iraq, I don't remember exactly where but it was somewhere in the Sunni Triangle.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
There was a leper camp or something somewhere between Habbaniyah and Fallujah.

SOFA was in effect and limiting out patrols at that time though so we never really got to rub scabs with them.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Nobody seems too hosed up in the White House.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I don't know if it was a village of inbreds or if everyone there was just an outcast. We also had a literal retard following our patrol when we passed by a school

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
but enough about you being forced to walk behind your platoon's vehicles.

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR
The unit I was with in Iraq rolled up a midget one time. He actually looked kind of like Herve Villechaiz, but bald.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

Lazy Reservist posted:

The unit I was with in Iraq rolled up a midget one time. He actually looked kind of like Herve Villechaiz, but bald.

Midgets and dwarfs prefer to be called little people these days. It's a step up for one group but not for the other.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

chemosh6969 posted:

Midgets and dwarfs prefer to be called little people these days. It's a step up for one group but not for the other.

I'm sorry but this is plain wrong. They prefer Filipino

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR
The DOMEX guys always got to see some interesting stuff, especially when it came to photos. In Iraq, there seemed to be a theme for personal pictures. There was the random guys in track suits or soccer jerseys, or some old man in tribal dress (usually reclining on the floor of some mud hut). The wedding photos were great because in most of them, the groom had a huge poo poo eating grin and the bride had a scowl. The pics of children usually came in two flavors: a kid holding a gun, a kid with a cigarette in their mouth, or both.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Booblord Zagats posted:

I'm sorry but this is plain wrong. They prefer Filipino

there is a reason they are called lbfms

NAPALM STICKS TO
Jun 22, 2005

Obama Africanus posted:

Muslim women, at least the kind that stand by their man, are willing to shove objects inside themselves to hide those objects from being found when good right thinking American men come to protect freedom.

Vaginal secretions do not ruin bedazzled $15 hello kitty feature phones.

But if left on vibrate it will shake off cooter juice like a wet dog so make sure to put it in a ziplock bag for the love of loving Christ.

And whatever you do, and I'm serious here.. Don't smell that goddamn phone, or let it bake in a HiLux for 3 days in the afghan heat with the windows rolled up.

That's a flash back and a recurring nightmare you just don't want, boy.

this story is as legendary as the blown up screenshot of the dude loving the donkey that was hanging in the det. now i'm trying to think of all the other good old task force stories. remember connie?

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

white privilege posted:

this story is as legendary as the blown up screenshot of the dude loving the donkey that was hanging in the det. now i'm trying to think of all the other good old task force stories. remember connie?

As with all good war stories I'm sure I've heard a variation, but no, I don't specifically remember a connie. Lest you talking the chick that introduced herself with her background in getting raped?

Or the SIGINT navy augmentee bitch that had a lip full of wintergreen and claimed it was easier to swallow the spit with some cum? She was legendary.. Don't remember her name tho.

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

Lazy Reservist posted:

Did you capture him and make him reveal the location of his gold?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Dingleberry posted:

Did you capture him and make him reveal the location of his gold?

Looks like a Methrechaun.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
That ISIS video from a couple pages ago got rehosted on Liveleak, if anyone here still had a powerful need to see it.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=44e_1406655216 :nws:

Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

loved basic so much I decided to stay
Mercy killx1500

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.

Anansi The Spider posted:

Mercy killx1500

How many do you have to kill in a row to get the 1up again?

Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

loved basic so much I decided to stay
Google does not have the answer Melthir.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

maybe spell it right idiot

oh right you were born in like 98

0rganDonor
Jan 19, 2007

Noob.

almighty
Mar 9, 2011
Mission Accomplished, gents. Mission Accomplished.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

I think we all agree, the past is over.
This is still a dangerous world.
It's a world of madmen
And uncertainty
And potential mental losses.

Rarely is the question asked
Is our children learning?
Will the highways of the internet
Become more few?
How many hands have I shaked?

They misunderestimate me.
I am a pitbull on the pantleg of opportunity.
I know that the human being and the fish
Can coexist.

Families is where our nation finds hope
Where our wings take dream.
Put food on your family!
Knock down the tollbooth!
Vulcanize society!
Make the pie higher!
Make the pie higher!

Brenwolf
Oct 24, 2005

I quite enjoy Tom Peepery.

Yahoo News posted:

FIGHTING FOR TOWNS

On Sunday, Islamic State members were also involved in fighting in a border town far away in Lebanon, a sign of the group's ambitions across the frontiers of the Middle East.

It controls cities in Iraq's Tigris and Euphrates valleys north and west of Baghdad, and a section of Syria stretching from the Iraqi border in the east to Aleppo in the northwest.

Iraq's Kurds, who rule themselves in a northern enclave guarded by the peshmerga units, had expanded areas under their control in recent weeks while avoiding direct confrontation with the Islamic State, even as Iraqi central government troops fled.

But the towns lost on Sunday were in territory the Kurds had held for many years, undermining suggestions that the Islamic State's advance has helped the Kurdish cause.

Witnesses said Islamic State fighters were also trying to take control of the town of Rabia near the Syrian border and were engaged in clashes with Syrian Kurds who had crossed the frontier after Iraqi Kurds withdrew.

The latest gains have placed Islamic State fighters near Dohuk Province, one of three in the autonomous Kurdish region, which has been spared any serious threat to its security while war raged throughout the rest of Iraq.

Since thousands of U.S.-trained Iraqi soldiers fled the Islamic State offensive, the Kurdish fighters were seen alongside Shi'ite militia to the south as the main lines of defense against the militants, who vow to march on Baghdad.

By calling into question the effectiveness of the Kurdish fighters, Sunday's advances may increase pressure on bickering Iraqi leaders to form a power-sharing government capable of countering the Islamic State.

LITTLE RESISTANCE

Two people who live near Mosul Dam told Reuters Kurdish troops had loaded their vehicles with belongings including air conditioners and fled.

Islamic State fighters attacked Zumar from three directions in pick-up trucks mounted with weapons, defeating Kurdish forces that had poured reinforcements into the town, witnesses said.

The Islamic State later also seized the town of Sinjar, where witnesses said residents had fled after Kurdish fighters put up little resistance. It was not immediately clear why the Kurds, usually known as formidable fighters, pulled back without a fight.

On its Twitter site, the Islamic State posted a picture of one of its masked fighters holding up a pistol and sitting at the abandoned desk of the mayor of Sinjar. Behind him was the image of a famous Kurdish guerrilla leader.

In a statement on its website, the Islamic State said it had killed scores of peshmerga, the Kurdish fighters whose name means "those who confront death". Those deaths could not be independently verified.

"Hundreds fled leaving vehicles and a huge number of weapons and munitions and the brothers control many areas," the Islamic State statement said. "The fighters arrived in the border triangle between Iraq, Syria and Turkey."

The Islamic State has systematically blown up Shi'ite mosques and shrines in territory it has seized, fuelling levels of sectarian violence unseen since the very worst weeks of Iraq's 2006-2007 civil war.

The group, which shortened its name after June's offensive from the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), has stalled in its drive to reach Baghdad, halting just before the town of Samarra, 100 km (62 miles) north of the capital.

ISLAMIC STATE ADVANCES

The Islamic State has been trying to consolidate its gains, setting its sights on strategic towns near oil fields, as well as border crossings with Syria, so that it can move easily back and forth and transport supplies.

So far, the Islamic State is not near the major oil fields of the northern city of Kirkuk, which were seized by the Kurds in the chaos that followed the militant group's advance. It controls part of a pipeline from Kirkuk to Turkey which has been idle for months because of its attacks in the area.

The Islamic State has capitalized on Sunni disenchantment with Maliki, winning support or at least tolerance from some more moderate Sunni communities in Iraq that had fought against al Qaeda during the U.S. "surge" offensive of 2006-2007.

Maliki's opponents say the prime minister, a Shi'ite Islamist who is negotiating to try to stay in power for a third term after an inconclusive parliamentary election in April, is to blame for galvanizing the insurgency by excluding Sunnis from power. Kurdish leaders have also called for Maliki to step down to create a more inclusive government in Baghdad.

The Kurds have long dreamed of their own independent state, an aspiration that has angered Maliki, who has frequently clashed with the non-Arabs over budgets, land and oil.

In July, the Kurdish political bloc ended participation in Iraq's national government in protest against Maliki's accusation that Kurds were allowing "terrorists" to stay in Arbil, capital of their semi-autonomous region.

SEEKING WEAPONS

In another move certain to infuriate the Baghdad government, the Kurdish region is pressing Washington for sophisticated weapons it says Kurdish fighters need to push back the Islamist militants, Kurdish and U.S. officials said.

Sunday's withdrawal may help them press their case.

"This justifies all the reasons why Pentagon should help beef up the peshmerga forces by providing such sophisticated arms to counterbalance (Islamic State) arms," Zebari, the Kurdish official in Washington, told Reuters.

Maliki needs the Kurds, who gained experience fighting Saddam Hussein's forces, to help defend his country from the Islamic State, whose leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi has a $10 million U.S. bounty on his head.

The Islamic State's ambitions have alarmed other Arab states who fear the group's success could embolden militants region-wide.

Islamic State fighters were among militants who clashed with Lebanese forces overnight in and around Arsal, a Lebanese town on the border with Syria. Thirteen Lebanese soldiers and an unknown number of militants and civilians were killed in the fighting, security officials said.

There has been no indication so far whether the advance in northern Iraq and the fighting in Lebanon were coordinated.

http://news.yahoo.com/islamic-state-captures-iraqi-town-oil-field-witnesses-075411716.html

I get the sense that the Kurds realized that people who get their rear end kicked by ISIS get rewarded with weapons, funding, and support from the US. With the relatively organized withdrawal from certain towns, it makes me think that the Kurds might be trying to look like they are getting beaten in order to frighten the US into giving them advance equipment and funds. I wouldn't put it past them to be clever enough to pull something like that off.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

i want everyone to know that everytime this thread has new posts i eagerly check to see if Iraq has turned into a giant lifeless void that will only be known for housing the confluence of the Tigris and Euphrates.

i am continually disappointed

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Fucitol posted:

i want everyone to know that everytime this thread has new posts i eagerly check to see if Iraq has turned into a giant lifeless void that will only be known for housing the confluence of the Tigris and Euphrates.

i am continually disappointed

hell at least saddam usay and quday put some effort into it

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

hell at least saddam usay and quday put some effort into it

Uday and Qusay you ignorant grunt.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

Zeroisanumber posted:

Uday and Qusay you ignorant grunt.

aren't those guys from the cantina scene in star wars?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

chemosh6969 posted:

aren't those guys from the cantina scene in star wars?
I think you might be right.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'm amazed they reconstructed the faces that well.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

http://youtu.be/FWO5Ai_a80M

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

quote:

SHANGAL—Kurdish Peshmerga forces have entered Shangal, said military officials, and they have cornered militants of the Islamic State in parts of the town.

Rudaw reporter in the area said that units from the 10,000-strong Peshmarga force who had encircled the town earlier in the day are now in the town center and try to rout the Islamic militants.

http://rudaw.net/english/kurdistan/040820144

Cool I hope those ISIS retards eat some leathery Kurdish dick

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
gg nextmap

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

If they win hand over administration of Iraq to the Kurds, they can purge the country and keep a small portion to themselves to smoke dope in and have women drive

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

If you haven't seen it yet, watch The Devil's Double.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

I don't really know which one comes where on the timeline but according to this:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...580e_story.html

The Kurds are getting kicked in and retreating because we won't give them ammo

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

War is not the answer but it sure is fun

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

About time someone actually put up a fight against those larper shitheads. Even if they ran off like little bitches again.

quote:

Earlier in the day, Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki ordered the Iraqi air force to assist the Peshmerga in their fight against the IS militants.
On a scale of goatfuck to allah ackbar, how incompetent is the IQAF?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

E.Nigma posted:

On a scale of goatfuck to allah ackbar, how incompetent is the IQAF?

I'd be more relieved to hear I was promised close air support from the tooth fairy tbqh

• Locked thread