Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Reaching higher levels of 'tism in KSP. Modded in cockpit panels that work and learned how to fly from the cockpit and map only.

That's me descending on Tylo in a lander. There are a couple other mods installed to get all of the monitor outputs- not pictured is a video feed from cameras placed outside of the ship.

EBB, you have reached god tier 'tism in KSP. The dudes that make a living doing youtube videos of KSP aren't even in as deep as you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
lmao toxikk

uh kombatmedik you know that unreal tournament is allegedly coming back right

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Now I have a dilemma. Sent a scout ship to Jool first followed by a mothership carrying an unmanned mapping satellite and a one-man lander. Parked the mothership around Jool and cruised around with the lander to hit the moons, and the mothership has disappeared. Scout ship is full, so I guess lander guy will have to hang out with the mapsat for four or five years while a rescue pod cruises out.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

krispykremessuck posted:

lmao toxikk

uh kombatmedik you know that unreal tournament is allegedly coming back right

yeah, but CliffyB. :(

I was way more into Quake back in the day but (old) Unreal is cool too. I just don't have super high hopes for it. If it's cool then i'll be happy though.

Now I have a dilemma. Sent a scout ship to Jool first followed by a mothership carrying an unmanned mapping satellite and a one-man lander. Parked the mothership around Jool and cruised around with the lander to hit the moons, and the mothership has disappeared. Scout ship is full, so I guess lander guy will have to hang out with the mapsat for four or five years while a rescue pod cruises out.

send another rocket to hit the scout ship into Jool.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

he knew the risks

gawdspeed lil kerb :patriot:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

he knew the risks

gawdspeed lil kerb :patriot:

There are uglier places to be marooned:

Be patient little buddy, help is coming...eventually.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
:gowron:
thats a big fuckin watermelon

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Look at you not even using TAC Life Support, and you call yourself autistic :colbert:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Reaching higher levels of 'tism in KSP. Modded in cockpit panels that work and learned how to fly from the cockpit and map only.

That's me descending on Tylo in a lander. There are a couple other mods installed to get all of the monitor outputs- not pictured is a video feed from cameras placed outside of the ship.

Well thats cool and all but now you are more autistic than me.
sorry for your loss

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Bolow posted:

Look at you not even using TAC Life Support, and you call yourself autistic :colbert:

Not using deadly re-entry either.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Not using deadly re-entry either.

Deadly re-entry isn't that bad coupled with FAR. The only thing it really makes problematic is trying to get anything into Eve's atmosphere or aggressive aerobraking around Jool

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Bolow posted:

Deadly re-entry isn't that bad coupled with FAR. The only thing it really makes problematic is trying to get anything into Eve's atmosphere or aggressive aerobraking around Jool

Please don't say this, it triggers me

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Bolow posted:

I don't use it because I messing with making spaceplanes. That scout ship is a simple one and I think I found a nice spot to try landing it on Laythe. Parachutes for backup since I didn't test fly it before sending it to Jool. If it's like my last designs, it'll flat spin or drop like a brick most likely.

e: Landing may be problematic.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

If you're into space games like X, but also like having fun, Elite: Dangerous keeps looking better and better. I spent quite a few hours in it today, and while there's not a whole helluva lot to do right now, what is there is pretty fuckin great considering it's really an alpha despite them calling it a beta.

Firefall finally released as well, and they've made some really good changes to it, but it's pretty loving grindy

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

krispykremessuck posted:

If you're into space games like X, but also like having fun, Elite: Dangerous keeps looking better and better. I spent quite a few hours in it today, and while there's not a whole helluva lot to do right now, what is there is pretty fuckin great considering it's really an alpha despite them calling it a beta.

Is it $75 bucks good?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I don't use it because I messing with making spaceplanes. That scout ship is a simple one and I think I found a nice spot to try landing it on Laythe. Parachutes for backup since I didn't test fly it before sending it to Jool. If it's like my last designs, it'll flat spin or drop like a brick most likely.

e: Landing may be problematic.

You could try http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/86419-0-24-2-NEAR-A-Simpler-Aerodynamics-Model-v1-1-1-7-25-14 for a simpler version of FAR so you don't have to worry about high mach numbers loving up your plane design or it tearing itself to pieces at high g loads.

The lift, center of mass and thrust still need to balance well though or things could become more problematic

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Carteret posted:

Is it $75 bucks good?

If you want to be a space trucker there isn't a better game out there. The combat is really good as well but it pays like poo poo so you'll be stuck with the starter ship for a long time if you just want to blow stuff up

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
THRILLING NERDBOX UPDATE!

loving CPU power cable. It was a bad loving CPU power cable. Now it's up and running, and holy poo poo this thing is like a gibbon on Heisenberg-tier meth it's so fast.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

FOURTH WAVE LESBRO posted:

loving CPU power cable. It was a bad loving CPU power cable. Now it's up and running, and holy poo poo this thing is like a gibbon on Heisenberg-tier meth it's so fast.

Congratulations on not having to RMA anything!

Bolow posted:

If you want to be a space trucker there isn't a better game out there. The combat is really good as well but it pays like poo poo so you'll be stuck with the starter ship for a long time if you just want to blow stuff up

It looks gorgeous and I want to like it. I may pick it up when my sweet sweet pell check hits. Are you guys running the whole HOTAS setup, or will a pleb like me without a flight=stick still enjoy the flight model? I vaguely remember hearing that the stick controls blew rear end, but that could have been Star Citizen for all I know.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

lmbo

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I'm using an old Extreme 3D Pro joystick while I wait for Saitek to RMA my X55 HOTAS and it's perfectly controllable with just a cheap $30 joystick. The controller and kb+m controls do leave a bit to be desired however.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

How would you even diagnose that poo poo

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

after a lot of screaming and crying and holding a gun to your head

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Trial and error, i'd imagine.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

you build everything on a table and slowly replace poo poo until it works, then throw it all in the case and pray it still works. repeat until suicide or alcohol poisoning

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

called it

also re: Elite:

I'm playing it with a 360 controller because I don't feel like setting up spergstation 1 right now. it's serviceable after a steep learning curve because while they're calling this stage beta, and it LOOKS like a beta and is at least as stable as a beta, it's more along the lines of an alpha in terms of features. mapping controls is kind of ... annoying right now.

Worth $75? Eh, to me it was, but it's subjective. There's only 55 systems in right now and while combat is fun, as has been said it doesn't pay well right now. the galactic map looks kinda cool but is a hot mess from a usability standpoint so setting up trading routes is a bit of an annoyance too

I'm having a lot of fun with it and really excited for whatever they do with it next because it's exactly what I want out of a space game SO FAR

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Bolow posted:

you build everything on a table and slowly replace poo poo until it works, then throw it all in the case and pray it still works. repeat until suicide or alcohol poisoning

All of the above, but mainly this. I spent like three hours loving with debug codes the fancy little LED on the mobo spits out, monkeying poo poo around until everything miraculously works. Finished installations, updates, etc around 2 and managed to get a couple BF4 games in. All I can say is :stonklol: :fap:.

Ninja edit: After I somehow diagnosed the cable. Don't ask, I really don't know how my brain got to there without drunk recall.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

holocaust bloopers posted:

Nice. I did not know this.

I just saw it mentioned in the thread not 100% sure if it worked for pictures did it? I don't know if they added that feature after the ps4 came out or what. Still dumb you can plug in a USB stick but you can't use it for storage of apps/data or saves (or does it work for saves?) or watching videos etc lol

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Dark Souls: newbie friendly!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

~The Virgin Shelf~

The gently caress am I doing collecting this poo poo

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Those three guys I left on Laythe called a taxi. The fare might be a bit steep. :jeb:

I'll leave the lander in the Jool system for later use and bring everybody back in the shuttle.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
So have you given up on having sex with a female entirely or...?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

~The Virgin Shelf~

The gently caress am I doing collecting this poo poo

is that a tiger themed buttplug you made in ceramics class what the heck man

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

So have you given up on having sex with a female entirely or...?

Please don't waifu-shame.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
You guys are making me want KSP. What the gently caress.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

is that a tiger themed buttplug you made in ceramics class what the heck man

close it's Hobbes when I was in 6th grade and they told us to make rattles

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The KSP interface baffles me. I can't even figure out how to assemble a basic rocket.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

The KSP interface baffles me. I can't even figure out how to assemble a basic rocket.

just watch this helpful tutorial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cVkLmVnsH8

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Serious answer: watch Scott Manleys videos on YouTube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

gleep gloop posted:

Serious answer: watch Scott Manleys videos on YouTube.

And ask him questions in the games thread!

• Locked thread