Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chippocrates
Feb 20, 2013

Allyn posted:

Probably, yeah. Kings can only swear fealty to their de jure emperor, and since titular titles, by default, aren't part of a de jure empire...

Is there any way to console myself back in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

chippocrates posted:

Is there any way to console myself back in?
Try this:

charinfo 1 - Hover over the emperor you want to swear fealty to, in order to get his character ID
play <emperorID>
neg_diplo - will allow you to Send your character an offer of vassalisation even though AI-you would reject the offer
play <yourID> - you can now accept the vassalisation offer

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Not So Fast posted:

I've had that before, I even managed to get the main Hansa Patrician as a "House" after invading the HRE.

Is it WAD or a bug? It seems pretty broken to me what with the dudes not fitting in the Republic window, so I think I'm going to just kill off these newcomer houses via console and hope that fixes it.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Zhentar posted:

My game performance suddenly tanked. I went from normal, good performance, and then there was a pause, and now every turn stutters for half a second or so. If I reload an earlier save game, performance is back to normal for a bit, but then around the same time (give or take a few months), it gets really slow again. What's going on?

Sometimes someone can create a plot with hundreds of invited people, this makes the game slow to a crawl. Luckily such plots are usually resolved quickly due to the number of plotters.

Like this:

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

TjyvTompa posted:

Sometimes someone can create a plot with hundreds of invited people, this makes the game slow to a crawl. Luckily such plots are usually resolved quickly due to the number of plotters.

Like this:

What did Baytas Yamanoglu do to deserve this? :negative:

Darth Various
Oct 23, 2010

TjyvTompa posted:

Like this:

The best part is that sometimes when you have that many plotters, something breaks and multiple murder attempts fire simultaneously. ONE AT A TIME PLEASE, ASSHOLES!

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Darth Various posted:

The best part is that sometimes when you have that many plotters, something breaks and multiple murder attempts fire simultaneously. ONE AT A TIME PLEASE, ASSHOLES!

You have to admit, that carriage filled with snakes and exploding manure looked good as it crashed down the mountain shot full of arrows and drenched in poisoned wine.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Darth Various posted:

In my experience, it also leads to the plot being exposed multiple times in short order. :(

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
It's even better when the poor fucker survives.

Jesus Christ, a bunch of brigands jumped my carriage, then the axle broke during my escape and the whole thing flew off a cliff so I had to crawl back up the cliff with a broken arm and hobble to this inn. Then they served me some of the foulest wine I've ever had and when I staggered outside to puke in the bushes the place exploded. Such a week I'm having.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

paranoid randroid posted:

It's even better when the poor fucker survives.

Jesus Christ, a bunch of brigands jumped my carriage, then the axle broke during my escape and the whole thing flew off a cliff so I had to crawl back up the cliff with a broken arm and hobble to this inn. Then they served me some of the foulest wine I've ever had and when I staggered outside to puke in the bushes the place exploded. Such a week I'm having.

Reminds me of the event chain when your regent is trying to kill you secretly and ends up flailing at you screaming 'why won't you die.'

chippocrates
Feb 20, 2013

Strudel Man posted:

In my experience, it also leads to the plot being exposed multiple times in short order. :(

Is there anything that increases the odds of a particular plotter exposing a plot?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Drunkards are much more likely and temperate are much less.

Ready! Set! Blow!
Jun 17, 2005

Red alert.

chippocrates posted:

Is there anything that increases the odds of a particular plotter exposing a plot?

Drunkard's the big one (reduces the MTTH for the "plot exposed by drunk idiot" event by 50%), but Slow/Imbecile and Lunatic also increase the odds of a plotter blabbing. On the other side, Temperate and Genius/Quick decrease the odds of this happening.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

I'm having some weird issues with succession as a republic. I'm the Serene Doge of Pisa and I have designated my slightly older brother as my heir. My brother is Doge of the Republic of Tunis, a vassal of mine. On the Republic tab and on my character screen, though, my father shows up as my heir, and is described as "Heir to the Republic of Genoa." The Republic of Genoa does not exist, although I own Genoa itself and could create if if I wanted to. I actually did create the Republic of Genoa as the previous Serene Doge, but it caused some similar succession weirdness, so I destroyed it. Destroying the title fixed the problem then, but now the title doesn't exist so I can't do anything about it. Anyone know what's going on?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Rumda posted:

Reminds me of the event chain when your regent is trying to kill you secretly and ends up flailing at you screaming 'why won't you die.'

haha holy poo poo, just when I thought I'd seen everything in this game.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

paranoid randroid posted:

haha holy poo poo, just when I thought I'd seen everything in this game.

It's a beauty to behold, especially considering each of the 5 events before it has a 1/5 chance to kill you.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
One thing I love about CK2 is there's things and events hidden away that you pretty much might never see unless you're playing in a very particular way. I mentioned the Chief Qadi events earlier, which I'm drat sure not a whole lot of people will see as they require you to be a Muslim vassal with high learning. There are options there which seem like they might vary depending on your character traits, so a cruel character might get the option to just have everyone lashed regardless of whether or not they are actually guilty of anything.

e. actually, thinking back, the event dialogs for Qadi might give cruel characters the option to stone people to death.

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Aug 4, 2014

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
This was my Norse Empire, the furthest I've ever gotten in CK2. Used the Old Gods start date, began as Bjorn Ironside. His son was the first king of Sweden, and his son was the first fylkir of the Norse Empire. This is what their posterity wrought by the end of the 12th Century:

The patch of green breaking that sea of blue just northwest of the Italian Alps is all that remains of Umayyad France. The last major conflict before RoI released and I deleted these saves was the first Great Holy War, which saw the conquest of Ukraine from the queen of the Magyars.

Here's the religion map,

and culture:

That little smudge of light blue in Mali is roughly the footprint of the Theocracy of Mali, given to a royal brother after the conquest--a 10k stack of retinue troops under a particularly belligerent fylkir spent several years stomping through the deserts and jungles to win it for him. Since that prince's death, centuries ago, it was ruled loyally by a succession of Norsisized West African priests.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Not So Fast posted:

It's a beauty to behold, especially considering each of the 5 events before it has a 1/5 chance to kill you.

When I had this happened I panicked after the second one and raised relations with all negative vassals, including my regent, but quickly found that did nothing and accepted the rolls after the third. I survived, imprisoning my regent and now my little Emperor is happily ruling Britannia.

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

I think I might finally make it to 1453. This game was pretty crazy. The Shia faith was eradicated, Polish culture no longer exists on the map, Byzantines turned Catholic and somehow the AI formed Hispania. Hopefully I have enough time to seize India and then I'll convert to EUIV.

Does anyone know why I can't request a crusade against the Ilkhanate? All the requirements are green but the button is greyed out. I can request crusades against dudes in India, but not them. I don't have a truce with them, if that affects anything.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

What the ever-loving gently caress is England doing in Anatolia?

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

MrBling posted:

You have to admit, that carriage filled with snakes and exploding manure looked good as it crashed down the mountain shot full of arrows and drenched in poisoned wine.

Meanwhile, back at the castle, five different railings collapse when birds land on them.

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

Tomn posted:

What the ever-loving gently caress is England doing in Anatolia?

There was a crusade for it back in the 1100s and they've kept it ever since. All of that land de jure drifted into England, too.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Swedish Horror posted:

I think I might finally make it to 1453. This game was pretty crazy. The Shia faith was eradicated, Polish culture no longer exists on the map, Byzantines turned Catholic and somehow the AI formed Hispania. Hopefully I have enough time to seize India and then I'll convert to EUIV.

Does anyone know why I can't request a crusade against the Ilkhanate? All the requirements are green but the button is greyed out. I can request crusades against dudes in India, but not them. I don't have a truce with them, if that affects anything.

Is...that Super Siciliy in North/East Africa? :psyduck:

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Captain Oblivious posted:

Is...that Super Sicily in North/East Africa? :psyduck:

Judging from his crest that's him.

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007
Is it possible to mod the game to allow Hunts for Zoroastrians? I wish they had a little more flavor. The first 50 years are always really fun because it's a challenge just to survive but after you form a kingdom it generally devolves to slowly expanding one duchy at a time and waiting for the Mongols. In all three of my Zoro playthroughs I've never seen the Seljuks or Ghaznavids invade because the triggers are never met, and I always get bored before the Mongols arrive.

Speaking of which, does anyone else have an issue with the Seljuks? I always start in 867 and I've played at least a dozen campaigns that made it to 1100 and not once have the Seljuks/Ghaznavids appeared. I'm playing vanilla with the latest patch, no mods. I'm worried my game is messed up somehow because I would imagine that at least ONE of the invasions would have happened in one of my games, but I've never seen it.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Disillusionist posted:

Is it possible to mod the game to allow Hunts for Zoroastrians? I wish they had a little more flavor. The first 50 years are always really fun because it's a challenge just to survive but after you form a kingdom it generally devolves to slowly expanding one duchy at a time and waiting for the Mongols. In all three of my Zoro playthroughs I've never seen the Seljuks or Ghaznavids invade because the triggers are never met, and I always get bored before the Mongols arrive.

Speaking of which, does anyone else have an issue with the Seljuks? I always start in 867 and I've played at least a dozen campaigns that made it to 1100 and not once have the Seljuks/Ghaznavids appeared. I'm playing vanilla with the latest patch, no mods. I'm worried my game is messed up somehow because I would imagine that at least ONE of the invasions would have happened in one of my games, but I've never seen it.

I enjoyed the VIET Immersion flavor for Zoroastrians, but VIET Immersion is dead now, alas. I think it might have used content from a Zoroastian-specific mod, but I don't know if that mod was ever updated either.

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007

Midnight Voyager posted:

I enjoyed the VIET Immersion flavor for Zoroastrians, but VIET Immersion is dead now, alas. I think it might have used content from a Zoroastian-specific mod, but I don't know if that mod was ever updated either.

That's a shame. Does anyone know if Zoroastrians are well-represented in EU4 if I convert over a game or is the religion even featured?

Automated Posting
Jan 12, 2013

Swedish Horror posted:

I had this same problem a while back, and some searching showed that apparently lots of people have this issue and there doesn't seem to be a way around it. There was a lot of speculation that the devs purposely made it so that the mongols can't be crusaded in order to present them from being defeated too easily. I never saw that "officially" confirmed anywhere but it makes sense to me.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

As Rome with a few king titles, when 2 sons are born the 2nd becomes imperial heir and the first becomes heir to Kingdom of Greece. Why is that?

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

Baron Porkface posted:

As Rome with a few king titles, when 2 sons are born the 2nd becomes imperial heir and the first becomes heir to Kingdom of Greece. Why is that?

Is the second son born in the purple but not the first son? Is the kingdom of Greece on a different succession law?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Captain Novolin posted:

Is the second son born in the purple but not the first son? Is the kingdom of Greece on a different succession law?

Neither is the case

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Disillusionist posted:

Is it possible to mod the game to allow Hunts for Zoroastrians?

Easily. Give me 30 minutes and I'll whip one up.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Done: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l8x43hj8i0rpa4n/ZoroHunt.zip

FLIPSIXTHREEHOLE
Dec 30, 2010

I have such a stupid problem.

I'm playing Dyre the Stranger, it's about 895 in the game, and I have quite the eugenics program going. My son and heir is a strong+genius, and his wife is a genius who took a liking to me as soon as the marriage was finalized. Our little shame baby turned out to be a girl genius that the game wants to name Helena. Sure, whatever, Helena it is. My son doesn't know it's not his, I've added another baby genius to my little Mensa kingdom, so far so good. HE has another baby girl a year later, who turns out to be, yep, another strong+genius. Her name, autoselected because she's not my progeny, is, of course Helena... sigh. I know, huge problem.

Looking through console commands, which I've never used, there doesn't seem to be a way to change a character's name once it's selected. Am I just a dumby who only roleplays as female Nordic geniuses, or is that right?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Manket posted:

I'm playing Dyre the Stranger, it's about 895 in the game, and I have quite the eugenics program going. My son and heir is a strong+genius, and his wife is a genius who took a liking to me as soon as the marriage was finalized. Our little shame baby turned out to be a girl genius that the game wants to name Helena. Sure, whatever, Helena it is. My son doesn't know it's not his, I've added another baby genius to my little Mensa kingdom, so far so good. HE has another baby girl a year later, who turns out to be, yep, another strong+genius. Her name, autoselected because she's not my progeny, is, of course Helena... sigh. I know, huge problem.

Looking through console commands, which I've never used, there doesn't seem to be a way to change a character's name once it's selected. Am I just a dumby who only roleplays as female Nordic geniuses, or is that right?

I propose a Trial By Ordeal to determine the true Helena.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Manket posted:

Do a mini-AAR once the War of Two Helena's breaks out.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

What can cause this?

Every single event description in that script comes out like that, all the event options show their correct loca. It's not length or special characters, I changed the description to just say "test" and it still does it. I'm using desc = EVTDESC_PPE_100 like every other event does, this is driving me nuts because there's no reason for it not to work.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Vodos posted:

What can cause this?

Every single event description in that script comes out like that, all the event options show their correct loca. It's not length or special characters, I changed the description to just say "test" and it still does it. I'm using desc = EVTDESC_PPE_100 like every other event does, this is driving me nuts because there's no reason for it not to work.

...so what did he have to say?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I'm about 100 years away from the end-date. First time I've played this long. Started as Ireland, and I am now the emperor of Francia. I have relatives on almost all the major kingdoms in Europe and the emperor of the HRE is my ally.
I made some rookie mistakes (for example, my culture switched to Catalan for some reason, my vassals don't like this :)) but I've had fun. Next game I'll probably start as something more challenging, maybe a republic or as a muslim or something.

• Locked thread