Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
New Scooby Doo designs are...um...what's the word...

Oh right, bad. The new designs are bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

axleblaze posted:

It's like a terrible combination of Johnny Test and Bob Gorrell.

Hoping it looks better in motion because :wtc:

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

axleblaze posted:

No, guys, Shaggy is supposed to look stoned, not Scooby.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

quote:

simplistic, edgy design

So like a webcomic? Looks like a lovely webcomic.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Velma flat out looks like Meg in a different outfit.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Not only did the new designs make me think of Intelligent Life, I get this immediately after while catching up on the comics thread...

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

JethroMcB posted:

No, guys, Shaggy is supposed to look stoned, not Scooby.

They updated them for modern audiences by making them meth users, apparently.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

axleblaze posted:

Looks like they could appear in an episode of Rick and Morty. The kneecaps being on the back of Shaggy and Fred's legs is freaking me out too.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Apparently working as a va for nick is not a great deal

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

axleblaze posted:

It will bring me great pleasure to watch the downward spiral of Scooby Doo.

Tartarus Sauce
Jan 16, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
Scooby reminds me of Cow from Cow and Chicken a bit.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I wonder what it will feel like to be on the team that finally killed the Scooby-Doo franchise?

Since when did Arsenio Hall get another talk show?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Jack Gladney posted:

Since when did Arsenio Hall get another talk show?

It was announced in 2012, debuted last year and it's already been cancelled.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Jack Gladney posted:

I wonder what it will feel like to be on the team that finally killed the Scooby-Doo franchise?

It's 2014, no media franchise in existence today will ever be allowed to die, there's just too much money at stake. If Scrappy Doo didn't kill it nothing will

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'll kill it. I'll kill Scooby Doo

I bet when those characters do any physical movement the whole character model moves too.
"simplistic, edgy design to match the comedy styling." It's going to be so bad hahah.

frank.club fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Aug 1, 2014

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:
I can hear it now. Can't you hear it?

The whips cracking. The guitars riffing. A talking dog.

Didn't see that coming

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

axleblaze posted:

Man it seemed to be taking a shot at MI in that quote

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
All the best Scooby Doo is meta! Both Mysteries Inc and Pup Named Scooby Doo!

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

axleblaze posted:

This is going to be a complete reverse Mystery Incorporated where CN will over-broadcast this to hell and high water, or more sickeningly, be incredibly successful because ITS REGULAR SHOW MEETS JOHNNY TEST, KIDS.

Nothing against the Regular Show, but I have a feeling that CN will try to spin New Scooby-Doo to be like it while lacking any of the effort that even JT takes to make.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The 'Seeing Bee' episode of Clarence is pretty great.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Crabtree posted:

This is going to be a complete reverse Mystery Incorporated where CN will over-broadcast this to hell and high water, or more sickeningly, be incredibly successful because ITS REGULAR SHOW MEETS JOHNNY TEST, KIDS.

So "successful" in this instance being that no one watches but because some so and so has it on (probably to stream cn illegally or something) it'll make back it's nonexistent investment anyway?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Jack Gladney posted:

I'd say let's interview the team behind 'Shaggy and Scooby Doo Get a Clue?' To find out, but everyone still seems to be suffering from the amnesia spell that the last episode spread across the world.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

At least that show had a neat art style.

And it was going in with a crazy new premise. These guys say their new Scooby Doo isn't going to be campy or meta, so what's left to Scooby Doo without that?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Scooby Doo is bad.

What the gently caress I don't remember that

frank.club fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Aug 2, 2014

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

ConanThe3rd posted:

So "successful" in this instance being that no one watches but because some so and so has it on (probably to stream cn illegally or something) it'll make back it's nonexistent investment anyway?

The Scooby Cycle is eternal. Its original formula is so monotonous and well known that someone will always pay for its most boring incarnation and keep the franchise in the public eye as a monotonous and well known entity long enough for the next rich bastard to start it all over again. What scares the poo poo eaters is anything that tries to do something different that isn't following a trend in animation.

As okay as a Pup named Scooby-Doo was, it was simply following one of the three 90s Hanna-Barbera gambits, make everything young/babies ala Tom and Jerry Kids, make everything weird like Two Stupid Dogs or make everything radical like Pirates of Dark Water. Pup lucked out in that all its potential terribleness went into Yo! Yogi and died there.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Aug 2, 2014

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

SlothfulCobra posted:

At least that show had a neat art style.

And it was going in with a crazy new premise. These guys say their new Scooby Doo isn't going to be campy or meta, so what's left to Scooby Doo without that?

Wow drat that really did spread amnesia because I don't remember that at all. Not even while flipping channels.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

SlothfulCobra posted:

Yeah, the problem is that not only has Scooby Doo done straight been done to death (by Scooby Doo and by the many shows that ripped it off) but it was always poo poo to begin with so even if it wasn't done to death, there would still be no reason to not try to bring something new to the table.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I wonder what would happen if you ask a white voice actor for "spice"? I can only picture a flamboyant gay stereotype.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

axleblaze posted:

Yeah, the problem is that not only has Scooby Doo done straight been done to death (by Scooby Doo and by the many shows that ripped it off) but it was always poo poo to begin with so even if it wasn't done to death, there would still be no reason to not try to bring something new to the table.
As a kid I always liked watching the episodes with the special guests from the 1970s, but then again before I saw Zombie Island, my favorite Scooby movie was the one where Shaggy was a werewolf so what do I know?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

TwoPair posted:

Wow drat that really did spread amnesia because I don't remember that at all. Not even while flipping channels.

Neither do I, when the gently caress did that even happen? It looks like they aged the gang up to their fifties.

Jazama
Oct 5, 2013
It is the series directly before Mystery Incorporated. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaggy_%26_Scooby-Doo_Get_a_Clue!

edit: Holy hell it lasted for two seasons!

Jazama fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Aug 3, 2014

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

raditts posted:

Neither do I, when the gently caress did that even happen? It looks like they aged the gang up to their fifties.

I just saw a bit of an episode where Shaggy was being chased by his evil gay uncle. And something about Scooby Snax giving them powers.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Was that like a non-US only aired show or something? I don't remember ever seeing anything about that show.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
It was around the time Kids WB/CW died so most people ignored it for Spectacular Spiderman or The Batman.

Jazama
Oct 5, 2013
Yeah, I remember seeing an episode on Kids WB.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

So on this page, I learned that there are 2 Scooby Doo series and an Arsenio Hall talk show that I had no idea existed. Go figure.

Why is there yet another Scooby Doo series coming out? And they cancel Mystery Inc. for this monstrosity?

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
It's pretty obvious ben 10 stole from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoOU1YQ_xkQ. Also i love ben ten the first series at least, after than they made ben the most boring character ever.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Mr Interweb posted:

So on this page, I learned that there are 2 Scooby Doo series and an Arsenio Hall talk show that I had no idea existed. Go figure.

Why is there yet another Scooby Doo series coming out? And they cancel Mystery Inc. for this monstrosity?

From what I understand Mystery Inc wasn't cancelled. It ended where it wanted to end.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

axleblaze posted:

From what I understand Mystery Inc wasn't cancelled. It ended where it wanted to end.

No, they were totally game for a third season, but CN decided they had enough.

DivisionPost fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Aug 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

axleblaze posted:

The ending clearly set it up for more, though. I was hoping that if they made a new series it would be a direct continuation.