Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

RandomFerret posted:

I'm willing to drop my comix if everybody else will do the same and this can just be the Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz Megathread

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesomonster
Feb 26, 2008

Because there's always an ending.

scarycave posted:

For some reason, I thought communist rusky versions of disney movies would be funny.
I was wrong.

I don't know about funny, but they ARE cute as heck:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEwE4wyz00o

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.

ZeeToo posted:

Presumably it's Doris, since her first and last name together have 14 characters. We'll just ignore the 88, I guess.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Does anyone remember that 1950s comic strip I posted when I first joined here couple years ago? "Terr'ble Thompson" by Gene Deitch? For refresher, here are some strips:

I bring it up because I came across a strangest thing. Deitch tried to revive the strip for animation in 1966, except that he turned the main character into a girl, called "Terr'ble Tessie". The pilot never sold, alas. You can watch it here.

50 years ahead of Marvel Comics, too.

(Tessie was voiced by Deitch himself, in case you're wondering)

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Cow and Boy

This one kinda sucked.

Sherman's Lagoon

The HMS Beagle maybe? Sorry, don't know why I thought of that. Nautical and biology, probably.

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!

CaptainCaveman posted:

Presumably it's Doris, since her first and last name together have 14 characters. We'll just ignore the 88, I guess.

Presumably it's Harold, since the 8th letter of the alphabet is H. We'll just ignore the 14, I guess.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The first word is eight letters long, and the first and last together have 14 characters. So the true murderer is

Inspectr Danger

He's a mathematician, he can't spell.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Oh God, 60s Spiderman was just as retarded as he is in the current daily strips.

The cheap-rear end animation sure didn't help.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
The first season of 60s Spider-Man also caused the original animation studio to go out of business (which led to seasons 2 and 3 being done by Ralph Bakshi).

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

ZeeToo posted:

If you rotate it 180 degrees, it'd kind of look like "hi BB" so I'm throwing in with Brian. I cannot wait to see that actual insane logic.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I went to look up what the real answer is the station is actually just 88.0, so it's Harold Hopkins, but I think I found something better instead.

http://www.gocomics.com/inspector-dangers-crime-quiz/2012/04/05#.U98K9mNgH9V

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Will Inspector Danger ever serve a warrant before searching someone's home? Or are we just assuming he has one? Because I am assuming he does not have one, and he's just rifling through people's homes quickly to get in and out before the real police finally realize who is tainting all of their evidence.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

There's some catch-up to be done with some of the daily classic strips, but that will have to wait for tomorrow. Since the weekend and weekday storylines are separate, it doesn't really matter if I post these first. :)

Pros & Cons

Sally Forth

Prince Valiant

Juliet Jones

Phantom Classic

Big Ben Bolt

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Wanamingo posted:

I went to look up what the real answer is

cheater :mad:

But I think that that's it for me. I don't have any more edit ideas and am not going to force them.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Wanamingo posted:

I went to look up what the real answer is the station is actually just 88.0, so it's Harold Hopkins, but I think I found something better instead.

Is "Inspector Danger" a kids comic? Not many children's entertainment has a character saying "bitch" out in the open.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Wanamingo posted:

Nothing but circumstantial evidence. Dude could have lady friends that stay over occasionally, or perhaps he just likes to feel pretty and enjoys reading Vogue. Like, the man seems unconcerned about the feminine objects being in plain sight of two policemen, so I fail to see it as anything other than the flimsiest of excuses to harass a man whose only crime was to associate with a criminal years ago.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

ZeeToo posted:

cheater :mad:

But I think that that's it for me. I don't have any more edit ideas and am not going to force them.

I shall carry on the tradition. :patriot:

Mister Beeg posted:

Is "Inspector Danger" a kids comic? Not many children's entertainment has a character saying "bitch" out in the open.

The little blurb on GoComics says it is. I guess it's just, you know, a weird one.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Julet Esqu posted:

Prince Valiant

You say 'pirate', Val says 'free ships'.

Suenteus Po
Sep 15, 2007
SOH-Dan

Wanamingo posted:

I shall carry on the tradition. :patriot:

I feel good for getting what I think is the real solution on this: if they normally just put in five rabbits, then there's no reason for him to put his hand in the hat after pulling out five rabbits in panel one.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Where did he go, and what are all these metal rectangles with these handles in these walls?

F Minus

I like the word "precludes." That's really all I have to say about this.

Mary Worth

"What the...did you follow us here?!"

Rex Morgan MD

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Suenteus Po posted:

I feel good for getting what I think is the real solution on this: if they normally just put in five rabbits, then there's no reason for him to put his hand in the hat after pulling out five rabbits in panel one.

The actual solution was just that the rabbits would have panicked and ruined his act. Yours works better, I think.

The part about him ingesting snake poison was left completely unchanged.

e: my original idea was just to use the original setup and conclusion except rephrased so you'd think it's fake. I really should have went with that.

Wanamingo fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Aug 4, 2014

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Mental problems can manifest in a myriad of ways, your daughter seems to suffer from paranoid schizophrenia. Only a matter of time until she thinks Mary is secretly reading her brain waves and sending them on to her alien overlords and shivs her.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
I'd love for there to be an Inspector Danger and Pros & Cons crossover, showing the processing of all the people Danger arrests.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Well, how disappointingly mundane.

Mandrake the Magician, 1942-04-19.

Not sure this really works. The strip in which they left on this expedition was published on April 28th 1940.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Probably Magic posted:

Cow and Boy

This one kinda sucked.
they all do

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.

Dr. Dos posted:

Presumably it's Harold, since the 8th letter of the alphabet is H. We'll just ignore the 14, I guess.

He'd probably run them both in.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Say Nothing posted:

The cheap-rear end animation sure didn't help.

Oh, Yes it did. The cheap rear end animation makes it go from boring to hilarious.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Shugojin posted:

Wait, they made another one of those? Didn't nobody like the first one?

Sony has to make one every 5(?) years or the rights revert back to Marvel.

Same with Fox and X-men and Wolverine.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

scarycave posted:

Oh, Yes it did. The cheap rear end animation makes it go from boring to hilarious.

The same for the animated Star Trek series of the early 70s. Some of the plots were very well written, and easily could've been plots for TOS, but the animation was just hilariously bad, and kind of ruined them.

Jane's World

I had to go back to Friday's to look and see what the hell she's talking about. "A couple of million" references the amount of money she's apparently obtained, not the "$100 scratch-off lottery ticket" Ted was referring to.

Non Sequitur

Yep, we're on the home stretch here. I think our school district starts up in about 3 weeks.

gently caress. Heavenly Nostrils is late already this week.

Kliban

:v:

9 Chickweed Lane 8/4/2003

:stare: Oh look, Brooke's being all "artsy", or weird, or I don't know.

Zits

I :lol:'ed at "nothing maybe a ferret". This might be a fun week for Zits.

Kevin & Kell

Ha. Ok, fine, whatever.

:v:

R Ubbish
Apr 15, 2013

GorfZaplen posted:

Classic Prince Valiant

Tiggum posted:

Mandrake, 1942-04-19

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Johnny Walker posted:

F Minus

I like the word "precludes." That's really all I have to say about this.
The use of "and" means a punishment can be either cruel or unusual, but not both. Certainly, we can find plenty of examples of both.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac makes you reminisce about your own childhood.

The Creeps Has caught up, so here's a two-fer!

Poptropica whines pitifully in your ear.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Fingerpori

[NCP is doing well]
- Nooo

The National Coalition Party is the current largest political party in Finland. They're center-right liberals and generally seen as the middle-to-upper class (i.e. wealthy people's) party, as opposed to the social democrats and the lower working class.

X:lla pyyhkii hyvin means literally "it wipes well for X" and it's an expression meaning "X is doing well". I have no clue as to its etymology. Incidentally, the way Finnish grammar works means that "X is good for wiping" is pronounced identically.

Fok_It

Some sceptics in Fok_It's comment section pointed out that tinfoil would actually reflect the heat away. Where's the truth? :frog:

tiistai fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Aug 4, 2014

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

The same for the animated Star Trek series of the early 70s. Some of the plots were very well written, and easily could've been plots for TOS, but the animation was just hilariously bad, and kind of ruined them.

Anything and everything Filmation did is so godawful cheap. They couldn't even afford to have Walter Koenig. (at least he got to write an episode)

sweetguts
Apr 29, 2013

I know what I'm about.
I volunteer at a natural history museum and part of my job is looking through the papers for mentions of the museum. I stumbled upon this gem today:

I can relate, anonymous old person. too bad you were wrong :(

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

tiistai posted:

Fingerpori

[NCP is doing well]
- Nooo

The National Coalition Party is the current largest political party in Finland. They're center-right liberals and generally seen as the middle-to-upper class (i.e. wealthy people's) party, as opposed to the social democrats and the lower working class.

X:lla pyyhkii hyvin means literally "it wipes well for X" and it's an expression meaning "X is doing well". I have no clue as to its etymology. Incidentally, the way Finnish grammar works means that "X is good for wiping" is pronounced identically.

Fok_It

Some sceptics in Fok_It's comment section pointed out that tinfoil would actually reflect the heat away. Where's the truth? :frog:

It seals the juices in, making whatever you're barbecuing nice and moist.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

sweetguts posted:

I volunteer at a natural history museum and part of my job is looking through the papers for mentions of the museum. I stumbled upon this gem today:

I can relate, anonymous old person. too bad you were wrong :(

Holy poo poo, I love whoever wrote that and whoever published it.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bloom County

The talk-show host brigade! Phil Donahue, Oprah Winfrey, Sally Jessy Raphael, and Geraldo Rivera!
Oh, and Don Johnson is one of the guys from Miami Vice. :toot:

Calvin And Hobbes

Ripley's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Mister Beeg posted:

Anything and everything Filmation did is so godawful cheap. They couldn't even afford to have Walter Koenig. (at least he got to write an episode)

What gets me the most about that cartoon is the drat soundtrack. I watched it when I was a kid (yeah, :corsair:), and recently re-watched it about a year ago, and every once in a while, the music from the soundtrack starts up in my head. I watched the Filmation Spiderman too, and that almost never happens with that particular cartoon. So I guess if there's anything good about the series, the soundtrack music is somehow pretty catchy.

There. Now you're hearing it too, right? :v:

• Locked thread