Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009

AngryRobotsInc posted:

Backpack harness, if you can deal with people giving you dirty "They have their kid on a leash?! *nose in the air*" looks. They come in a lot of cute animal shapes, if you shop around.

yeah, baby reins are brilliant. I don't think there's quite the same stigma about them in the UK though so I find the whole people judging you for using them to be baffling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

right to bear karma
Feb 20, 2001

There's a Dr. Fist here to see you.
My husband and I have considered using a harness with our toddler because he doesn't care for sitting in a stroller and is a runner. However, I expect that he'd try to run off, hit the end of the tether, and pull the same limp noodle business he does when we're holding his hand or trying to guide him. Has this been a problem for any of you that use harnesses, or is it something your kids got used to pretty quickly?

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog
Are there consequences for his actions? Do you discipline him when he disobeys, or do you just put up with it?

And regarding meals at restaurants, do you guys usually eat meals together? If not, he may have no incentive or understanding of what's expected of him.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009

Ansiktsburk posted:

My husband and I have considered using a harness with our toddler because he doesn't care for sitting in a stroller and is a runner. However, I expect that he'd try to run off, hit the end of the tether, and pull the same limp noodle business he does when we're holding his hand or trying to guide him. Has this been a problem for any of you that use harnesses, or is it something your kids got used to pretty quickly?

My kid was more of an opportunistic dasher rather than constantly pulling - he would walk fine holding your hand most of the time but then if you had to let go for any reason or even just loosen your grip he'd make a mad dash in the direction of whatever was most likely to kill him (the road, the shop door, the harbour wall). Having the reins looped round my wrist meant that he'd get so far then give up when he realised escape wasn't imminent. He took it pretty well and would go back to walking nicely holding hands until the next opportunity.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

VorpalBunny posted:

Are there consequences for his actions? Do you discipline him when he disobeys, or do you just put up with it?

And regarding meals at restaurants, do you guys usually eat meals together? If not, he may have no incentive or understanding of what's expected of him.

Yes, we always eat together at home, and he's usually quite good about sitting in his high chair with us. It's just that there's always something that grabs his attention in a restaurant, and he can be very single-minded when he wants something.

As for discipline, no, not really. How would you suggest I discipline him in the mall situation? I feel for him, because obviously it's a very stimulating environment and there are so many interesting things that he wants to look at and play with, it's just that it can be dangerous when it's so busy. He doesn't understand why he can't play on the escalator, and I'm loathe to punish him for his natural curiosity.

Tourette Meltdown
Sep 11, 2001

Most people with Tourette Syndrome are able to hold jobs and lead full lives. But not you.
When do I stop waking my 10 month old son up to breastfeed in the morning? I hate disturbing his sleep, but I leave for work at 5:30, and he doesn't get up for daycare til 6-6:30. He's usually wide awake for a bit after I feed him.
My supply tanked hardcore around 5 months, and I pump at work (and get at most 7oz - usually 4 - over 4 sessions) but pretty much the only time he'll sit still long enough for me to feed him is in the morning when he's half asleep. So if I stop, it's all formula all the time for the next two months, which wouldn't be the end of the world, but if it's not actively detrimental for me to wake him up... I'll keep doing that.

skeetied
Mar 10, 2011

Bardeh posted:

Yes, we always eat together at home, and he's usually quite good about sitting in his high chair with us. It's just that there's always something that grabs his attention in a restaurant, and he can be very single-minded when he wants something.

As for discipline, no, not really. How would you suggest I discipline him in the mall situation? I feel for him, because obviously it's a very stimulating environment and there are so many interesting things that he wants to look at and play with, it's just that it can be dangerous when it's so busy. He doesn't understand why he can't play on the escalator, and I'm loathe to punish him for his natural curiosity.

Does the mall have a play place where he can burn off some steam? Honestly, though, I agree that there's not much you can do with that age when you're putting him in a situation he can't really succeed at. I would try to catch him being "good" too (holding hands, not running off), but I feel like a lot of battles are best avoided. Can you either not go to the mall when it's so busy or distract him in the stroller with snacks/toys/screen time in between jaunts somewhere he can run?

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Bardeh posted:

My son is 19 months old, and every trip with him is utterly exhausting. It's impossible to just sit and have a meal in a restaurant because he won't stay still for even a minute. My wife and I usually end up taking it in turns to eat while the other keeps an eye on him.

We went to the mall yesterday and he just wanted to run everywhere - normally this is fine, but it was really busy and he kept getting under people's feet and nearly getting knocked over, or he would try and make a dash for the escalator and I'd have to scoop him up before he managed to get on it.

He used to be content to sit in his pushchair after running around for a while, but not anymore. He'll also kick and struggle after I pick him up, until I set him down again - at which point he'll sprint back to whatever I was trying to keep him away from before.

This is more a vent than anything else really, because I know it's just his age. He understands things like 'come here' and 'stop', but his favourite game at the moment is to say 'No' to any and all requests.

Is there anything I can do, or is it just a matter of waiting until he's older and can be reasoned with?

Get to know the take out places in your town. We stopped eating out because it is to painful.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Just go to restaurants like IHOP or Applebee's, where you'll get some decent food, but no one is going to give a poo poo about your kid acting up, that's the least of your problems, and since the food is cheap you can tip like 30% to make up to the people who have to deal with it.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Bardeh posted:

My son is 19 months old, and every trip with him is utterly exhausting. It's impossible to just sit and have a meal in a restaurant because he won't stay still for even a minute. My wife and I usually end up taking it in turns to eat while the other keeps an eye on him.

We went to the mall yesterday and he just wanted to run everywhere - normally this is fine, but it was really busy and he kept getting under people's feet and nearly getting knocked over, or he would try and make a dash for the escalator and I'd have to scoop him up before he managed to get on it.

He used to be content to sit in his pushchair after running around for a while, but not anymore. He'll also kick and struggle after I pick him up, until I set him down again - at which point he'll sprint back to whatever I was trying to keep him away from before.

This is more a vent than anything else really, because I know it's just his age. He understands things like 'come here' and 'stop', but his favourite game at the moment is to say 'No' to any and all requests.

Is there anything I can do, or is it just a matter of waiting until he's older and can be reasoned with?

This is scary similar to me. My son is 2 in November and is exactly the same when eating out and when walking through the mall.

The baby reigns work, to an extent but most of the time he just fights against whatever direction I want him to go in and this takes like an hour to get anywhere. But it's much better and much easier than letting him run wherever he wants like is used to, then chasing after him whenever he was either going the wrong way or getting in people's way.

As for the restaurant, gently caress other people. Seriously. My son's a nightmare at times and if he kicks up we take turns of eating, like you. You get looks from people when he's having a tantrum or trying to escape, but my reaction is gently caress it. Doesn't effect me whether they are bothered or not.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Bardeh posted:

One thing that is super effective for us is the waiting game. Just tell them they can have the thing they want but first they have to wait while you count to x. Start with a really low number like 3 or 5 and do it with fairly low value items at home, then gradually increase the number within reason. Our son freaking loves it now and will just count on his own for fun.

We also have a goodbye song for when it's time to wrap things up our when he just can't have something he wants. Works really well for extricating ourselves from overly fun environments or toys.

As for restaurants, :lol:. Our son sat through a meal and actually ate in a restaurant and we were just starting at each other in amazement. He's 20 months and this was the first time all 3 of us had ever managed to eat a whole meal together.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Bardeh posted:

Put him in time out at a nearby wall between two shops, or just do what I do and pick him up and carry him over your shoulders while he screams about the existential anguish of being a toddler. If you're not giving him a reason to think "don't do that" is anything but a polite suggestion, he won't take you seriously.

As far as restaurants go, it's a challenge even though she's generally well behaved, but when Alexandra acts up too much I just take her on a little walk while everyone else eats. Usually, when she's actually eating we're fine, so it's a small window between ordering and getting food that's problematic. Ask for the check when you get the food so that you can leave whenever necessary.

Edit: do you take your kid on the escalator? Ditch the stroller if no one is using it, so that you don't need to use the elevators. Going up and down the escalators as you go through the mall can help take care of his wants, and you can do it a couple of extra time to get it out of his system.

Volmarias fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Aug 4, 2014

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...
I just want to say that until I had a toddler that could walk... I never paid that much attention to the age of other kids I saw in restaurants. After we attempted to take my son out to eat with us and had difficulties similar to the issues previously described here, I began to notice that you really don't see many kids in this age range at restaurants. You see a lot of babies and a lot of young adolescents (5-6 year olds), but not very many in the 1-3 age range. Honestly, I think almost all kids of this age are like this and most parents just opt to not go through the struggle.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

flowinprose posted:

I just want to say that until I had a toddler that could walk... I never paid that much attention to the age of other kids I saw in restaurants. After we attempted to take my son out to eat with us and had difficulties similar to the issues previously described here, I began to notice that you really don't see many kids in this age range at restaurants. You see a lot of babies and a lot of young adolescents (5-6 year olds), but not very many in the 1-3 age range. Honestly, I think almost all kids of this age are like this and most parents just opt to not go through the struggle.

Pretty much. It is at best a rushed meal where you don't get to talk much to the other adult/adults present. It doesn't feel very good paying for someone else to cook you a meal so you can wolf it down as fast as can be while keeping one eye on the toddler the entire time. That is the best case scenario.

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do

Papercut posted:

We also have a goodbye song for when it's time to wrap things up our when he just can't have something he wants. Works really well for extricating ourselves from overly fun environments or toys.

Again, I will extol the virtues of Daniel Tiger and how it has helped us parent. They have one of these, along the lines of "It's time to go, so choose one more thing to do! / ... / That was fun but now it's done".

Having songs for these sorts of things really does help; our daughter will start singing them when we start saying the lyrics, and most of the time follows through. She doesn't quite understand "just one more" yet (she keeps wanting yet another "just one more"), but it's still made it easier for us to pull her away.

I feel like such a bad parent, encouraging other parents to give their kids screen time (and admitting how much our kid gets), but I continue to be amazed at how much Daniel Tiger, at least, has helped us parent.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Axiem posted:

Again, I will extol the virtues of Daniel Tiger and how it has helped us parent. They have one of these, along the lines of "It's time to go, so choose one more thing to do! / ... / That was fun but now it's done".

Having songs for these sorts of things really does help; our daughter will start singing them when we start saying the lyrics, and most of the time follows through. She doesn't quite understand "just one more" yet (she keeps wanting yet another "just one more"), but it's still made it easier for us to pull her away.

I feel like such a bad parent, encouraging other parents to give their kids screen time (and admitting how much our kid gets), but I continue to be amazed at how much Daniel Tiger, at least, has helped us parent.

We did Music Together, which is really fun if it's available in your area. I don't really see why you would need screen time to teach a kid songs :confused: Ours learned to hit "play" on the CD player before he could even pull himself up to standing, he loves those CDs so much.

This is the Music Together goodbye song, really easy to just swap in whatever you're saying goodbye to:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97vqrVgGLx4&t=1824s

He's since moved on to Laurie Berkner. He's absolutely obsessed with "5 Days Old", he sings it constantly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRkR9T71BzQ

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

flowinprose posted:

Honestly, I think almost all kids of this age are like this and most parents just opt to not go through the struggle.

Yeah, it's like having a semi-trained monkey.

Actually kids that age ARE semi-trained monkeys.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
All these song suggestions are great, thanks, I'll have to try to start introducing him to some. Right now, the only song he knows it 'If you're happy and you know it', and he loves doing all the little motions for it, so I'll teach him some more.

For others with kids around the same age as mine (he'll be 2 just before Christmas) what are their language capabilities like? My son has a vocabulary of around 20 words, but he'll only say one at a time. He's constantly asking me what things are called by pointing and making a little noise that I think of as his 'What's that Daddy?' noise, but he very rarely repeats them.

He loves to say the words he already knows, and he can get almost everything when I ask him to point to it, so I know he understands much more than he can say. However, if I ask him 'Can you say X?', where X is an easy word that he doesn't already know, he usually won't.

An extenuating circumstance is that he's half-Thai, and we live in Thailand, so more often than not I'm the only source of English that he hears. I work from home, so I do spend alot of time with him (and he's only saying one or two words of Thai at the moment) but I worry he's not as far along as he should be.

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

Jasper has about a 50/50 success rate eating out right now at 20 months. We've been eating out more than usual this summer because we've been out on trips and it can get trying if the stars aren't aligning for him to behave. The leave the restaurant for a little walk before coming back seems to calm him down. If he seems a girl /woman to fixate on and flirt with the entire time he behaves as well. If we eat out with friends with kids his age he usually behaves perfectly as well. (The other kid usually acts up haha)

Sort of like falconry, his level of hunger really makes a difference on his behavior. If he's had a big snack too recently, he doesn't want to eat and gets bored and doesn't want to sit. If he's too hungry, he can't wait and starts freaking out and making him wait for food leads to a tantrum meltdown. We've found buffets are the easiest thing for us to eat out with him at.

Edit: For his speaking capacity, he's starting to add a lot of words that he can sort of say and has just started to say two word phrases ("Byebye Poopie!") He knows a lot of animal sounds even if he can't say the name of the animal so I sort of count that, and his own made up words for things.

Alterian fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Aug 4, 2014

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Groke posted:

Yeah, it's like having a semi-trained monkey.

Actually kids that age ARE semi-trained monkeys.

My boy is potty trained. But turns out its really funny to make your pee pee jump when you potty. He had a time out for that while daddy cleaned up his mess. then it also turns out throwing all the toys all the time is too tempting to resist. We had a time out for that too.

The throwing thing is awful. We have a throwing box. The toys go in the box for 1st offense for 5 minutes. 2nd offense he gets a timeout and the toy stays in the box until tomorrow. He still doesn't care until his toy vanishes for the day and he goes to timeout.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

jassi007 posted:

The throwing thing is awful.

Tell me about it.

'Hmmm, I think I'm done with this water.' *throws cup on the floor*

'I can't get the toy to make the noise!' *hurls it across the room*

My son also likes to slam any doors we forget to close and bash his toy trucks into the walls. I always know when it's coming because it's all 'brrm brrm' as he drives the truck around, then an ominous silence, then 'AAAAAAaaaaaa DIN!' as the truck smashes into the wall. :3:

It's like living with a little hooligan.

EDIT: In fact, any time he's quiet, I know he's up to something he probably shouldn't be. We have these cute little silver anklets with bells on them, so he jingles wherever he walks. They're unbelievably helpful, and I'd recommend them to anybody. I think they're a traditional Thai thing, but it looks like you can get them in the US.

They look just like these: http://www.bumblebells.com/

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Aug 4, 2014

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Bardeh posted:

Tell me about it.

'Hmmm, I think I'm done with this water.' *throws cup on the floor*

'I can't get the toy to make the noise!' *hurls it across the room*

My son also likes to slam any doors we forget to close and bash his toy trucks into the walls. I always know when it's coming because it's all 'brrm brrm' as he drives the truck around, then an ominous silence, then 'AAAAAAaaaaaa DIN!' as the truck smashes into the wall. :3:

It's like living with a little hooligan.

EDIT: In fact, any time he's quiet, I know he's up to something he probably shouldn't be. We have these cute little silver anklets with bells on them, so he jingles wherever he walks. They're unbelievably helpful, and I'd recommend them to anybody. I think they're a traditional Thai thing, but it looks like you can get them in the US.

They look just like these: http://www.bumblebells.com/

We were folding laundry, and he was pleasantly occupied, so we figured what could happen in 15 minutes while we put clothes away? Little bastard got in my wife's makeup and was drawing on the couch with lipstick. I could sense he was doing something, it just got to quiet.

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

jassi007 posted:

We were folding laundry, and he was pleasantly occupied, so we figured what could happen in 15 minutes while we put clothes away? Little bastard got in my wife's makeup and was drawing on the couch with lipstick. I could sense he was doing something, it just got to quiet.

Bottle of bright blue nail polish, poured onto the black couch. HEY, GUESS WHO KNOWS HOW TO UNSCREW LIDS NOW!?!?
Luckily I had a bottle of non-acetone polish remover that took 99% of it out without damaging the couch.

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum
Daniel tiger is just the best. It's Ben's favorite show. And on his birthday this month they are giving Daniel a baby sister. I can't wait to learn songs about dealing with a new sibling. It's perfect.

When we start singing the clean up song Ben will immediately start singing along and pick up all his toys. Some of the songs are not the best as far as composition goes but they do the trick.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009

jassi007 posted:

My kid got into the sudocream, he looked like a mime by the time I realised what he was doing. That stuff does not wash out of hair :( It must be like catnip to kids, they all seem desperate to get into it.

My niece got into a tin of emulsion paint.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Bardeh posted:

All these song suggestions are great, thanks, I'll have to try to start introducing him to some. Right now, the only song he knows it 'If you're happy and you know it', and he loves doing all the little motions for it, so I'll teach him some more.

For others with kids around the same age as mine (he'll be 2 just before Christmas) what are their language capabilities like? My son has a vocabulary of around 20 words, but he'll only say one at a time. He's constantly asking me what things are called by pointing and making a little noise that I think of as his 'What's that Daddy?' noise, but he very rarely repeats them.

He loves to say the words he already knows, and he can get almost everything when I ask him to point to it, so I know he understands much more than he can say. However, if I ask him 'Can you say X?', where X is an easy word that he doesn't already know, he usually won't.

An extenuating circumstance is that he's half-Thai, and we live in Thailand, so more often than not I'm the only source of English that he hears. I work from home, so I do spend alot of time with him (and he's only saying one or two words of Thai at the moment) but I worry he's not as far along as he should be.

Kids actually know more words than they say for a time. You can ask "can you point to the <Foo>?" to see if he actually knows it. You'd be surprised.

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

Volmarias posted:

Kids actually know more words than they say for a time. You can ask "can you point to the <Foo>?" to see if he actually knows it. You'd be surprised.

This is true! I can ask Jasper to put something in the garbage and he does it and can absolutely not say garbage.

Professor Bananas
Feb 16, 2011

Professor Bananas fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jul 15, 2015

Sockmuppet
Aug 15, 2009

Bardeh posted:

I'm supposed to be working right now, so I don't have time to go look up sources, but bilingual children tend to start speaking a little later than kids who only have one language to contend with (which seems perfectly logical to me, they've got more they need to sort out in their little heads), but learning two languages from birth is shown to correlate with higher performance in all sorts of other subjects. So in addition to the fact that he's learning two languages fluently, which by itself is an awesome gift to give your child, he's getting bonus brain development :)

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

On the subject of taking toddlers out to eat, we went out to a local pizza place that had a kid's magician doing stuff for kids and it entertained him thoroughly and kept him entertained and there was no fussing!

skeetied
Mar 10, 2011

Awesome Kristin posted:

Daniel tiger is just the best. It's Ben's favorite show. And on his birthday this month they are giving Daniel a baby sister. I can't wait to learn songs about dealing with a new sibling. It's perfect.

When we start singing the clean up song Ben will immediately start singing along and pick up all his toys. Some of the songs are not the best as far as composition goes but they do the trick.

I was just thinking that's the one topic that Daniel Tiger hasn't covered yet and we could really use it (baby arrived in May).

For the record, we are on our 9th semester of Music Together too and they fill totally different musical roles.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength
Kids develop language skills at their own individual pace, "normal" contains a lot of variation and it often comes in fits and starts. Both of my first two, for example, basically exploded in both vocabulary and grammar skills during the months after their 2nd birthdays, going from simple 2-word sentences to long constructions. Kid #2 is still in that explosion phase (hasn´t turned 3 yet), kid #1 on the other hand just turned 6 and has had one or two phases where he has in many respects slowed down to or even below the expected average for his age group (and then had another burst to catch up again).

One of the standard routine checkups here is at two years plus a couple of months, and one of the things they check is language skills -- there´s a sheet of paper they want you to fill out where, among other things, you´re supposed to write down a few examples of sentences the kid has uttered; the expected minimum is two-word verb-noun constructions, our examples with #2 were things like "Mommy, can you help me take off my mittens?". #1 was similar except he latched on to a few grammatical oddities early on and kept them for a long time, for example he would consistently refer to himself in the second person and also phrased statements as questions -- "Do you want a banana?" instead of "I want a banana", and so on.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Really, if you feel at all worried about your kid's language development, it can never hurt to talk to their doctor about it. It's better to ask and nothing be wrong, than let it go and have it be a an untreated delay.

Lyz
May 22, 2007

I AM A GIRL ON WOW GIVE ME ITAMS

Bardeh posted:

As far as eating out goes, time to accept that it's just not doable anymore. Every few months my husband and I attempt to bring our two small children to a restaurant and we always get reminded that nope, these kids will make everything miserable. Especially if it's busy and the food takes a while.

We've found that breakfast at IHOP is fine, lunch at a faster place like Panera or Chipotle is doable, but supper, unless we have a bunch of family with us to help distract children, is a nightmare.

On the plus side, if you don't mind being seen as rude, always ask for a booth cause then the kid can kind of walk along or stand in the booth and look at people and be entertained that way.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...
You might get away with a buffet if it has things they'll eat. We usually do something like a buffet that has some fruit and bread on it, we eat a salad, they get something, then some chicken strips etc to share with them. then the toys afterward. It is still a race against time to finish a meal before the magic boredom sets in, and not really worth spending the money to go out but if you really want to, it is an option.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell
My 14 month old likes to sit in his high chair next to the table while we are eating, smearing yogurt all over his face, and some of it inside. 30 minutes is the maximum though, he kinda loses patience after that.
We are going on vacation in a few weeks, and I really hope he'll be able to chill so my wife and me can have some seafood at the tavern...

photomikey
Dec 30, 2012
We eat out at Souplantation (Sweet Tomatoes) a lot. It's a soup/salad buffet. It is healthy, it exposes her to vegetables I don't prepare at home, and the food is ready as soon as we sit down. In my experience, it is the waiting that is the worst part of eating out. Take away the waiting and you can have a decent experience.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell

photomikey posted:

We eat out at Souplantation (Sweet Tomatoes) a lot. It's a soup/salad buffet. It is healthy, it exposes her to vegetables I don't prepare at home, and the food is ready as soon as we sit down. In my experience, it is the waiting that is the worst part of eating out. Take away the waiting and you can have a decent experience.

Yeah, I also think that the waiting will kill the mood. I'll get the tavern number the first day and order in advance :D

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

First cousin to the Black Rabbit himself. Such was Woundwort's monument...and perhaps it would not have displeased him.<
Hey, just wanted to give a hand, foot, and mouth update, because I know that's what everybody wants. After you stop itching and the sores go away, you start to notice that the tips of your fingers feel calloused and a little numb. Then really dry. Then they start to peel a little bit, then a little more, and jesus christ are you loving kidding me? This goddamn virus can loving eat me.

I haven't gotten to this part yet, but I've had every other symptom, I see no reason why I'll avoid this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I. Hate. Molars. So. Much.