Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Vodos posted:

What can cause this?

Every single event description in that script comes out like that, all the event options show their correct loca. It's not length or special characters, I changed the description to just say "test" and it still does it. I'm using desc = EVTDESC_PPE_100 like every other event does, this is driving me nuts because there's no reason for it not to work.

Try removing the space between the = sign and the description name. Sometimes the scripting is fucky like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

beedeebee posted:

Next game I'll probably start as something more challenging, maybe a republic or as a muslim or something.

There's a Druze count in the Emirate of Syria circa 1066 if you're really looking to stretch your legs.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

DStecks posted:

Try removing the space between the = sign and the description name. Sometimes the scripting is fucky like that.
That did it, thank you! I ran a search on the event folder, it's only used twice in hundreds of events.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Baron Porkface posted:

Neither is the case

I was mistaken, apparently children of heirs aren't BiP.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

zeal posted:

There's a Druze count in the Emirate of Syria circa 1066 if you're really looking to stretch your legs.

In my current game the Caliph himself is Druze, so it can't be that hard!

of course he then got gobbled up by the Seljuks, who are now happily chewing away at the Byzantines one de jure kingdom at a time, so good luck!

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

zeal posted:

Muslim heresies are awful to play, because you still get the limitations of forced agnatic and no matri-marriages, but also miss out on all the Sunni/Shiite specific decisions and events.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

SeaTard posted:

Muslim heresies are awful to play, because you still get the limitations of forced agnatic and no matri-marriages, but also miss out on all the Sunni/Shiite specific decisions and events.

Clearly that's just a challenge to make your personal heresy the primary belief.

e: Is this an appropriate thread to talk about CK2 mods? Cause I have words and pics to share regarding Elder Kings.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

zeal posted:

e: Is this an appropriate thread to talk about CK2 mods? Cause I have words and pics to share regarding Elder Kings.

Yeah definitely. I'd be interested to hear about it, I was thinking of giving it a try.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Hey, guys, remember that I was making a fantasy mod called "Sonendar"?

I finally got around to updating it!

Sonendar 1.06

I just got rid of the horde events because they weren't working right, I put them in their own little folder so I can work on them some other time.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I would love a mod based on Kushiel's Legacy, especially since it's already a fantasy Europe as it is anyway. :allears:

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Chaotic Flame posted:

I would love a mod based on Kushiel's Legacy, especially since it's already a fantasy Europe as it is anyway. :allears:

This could be awesome or it could be a Nexus-style trainwreck and I have no idea which outcome would be preferable.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Just started playing as a Muslim ruler in Spain. It's like a turbo mode of CKII. Just take whatever you want. But holy gently caress, all those wives and kids, that's a lot of work.
It's interesting to see how different the events are too.

Antinumeric
Nov 27, 2010

BoxGiraffe

DrSunshine posted:

Sonendar 1.06

I just got rid of the horde events because they weren't working right, I put them in their own little folder so I can work on them some other time.

Yesssssssssssss. I've been waiting for this!

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
Okay. So. For those of you unfamiliar with it, Elder Kings is a mod for CK2 that changes the game setting from historical Earth to that of the Elder Scrolls games (Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim etc.). Its latest version, the only one I've played, was released in May. The mod replaces the game map entirely with that of Nirn, the world-setting of the Elder Scrolls, and currently comes with two start dates.

Both are set during the Interregnum, the period of anarchy between the Second and Third Eras of Tamriel, the setting's largest continent and home to all the locales of the Elder Scrolls games. For reference, Morrowind and Oblivion were set at the tail end of the Third Era; Skyrim takes place two centuries into the Fourth. The gigantic world map also includes subcontinents and archipelagos only ever mentioned in the Elder Scrolls games. The tropical southern continent, Pyandonea, home to the Maormer (sea elves) is there. The broken islands of Yokuda, homeland of the Redguards, are still populated. Even Atmora, lost homeland of the Nords, is in-game: there's a single independent human county up there, but the rest of the landmass is a kingdom of undead under mighty old draugr dragon-worshipers. To the east pearl-strings of islands lead to distant Akavir.

The Interregnum setting means that the universal Tamrielic Empire familiar to Elder Scrolls players does not exist in-game. Specifically, it ceased to exist about twenty years before the game's start. Instead, Tamriel is splint into innumerable petty kingdoms and republics. Some are wealthy and powerful: the Altmer and Dunmer kingdoms of Alinor and Morrowind begin the game intact and strong. Most other regions are divided and subdivided by culture and religion. There are few large de jure kingdoms at the game's start. To use the most recent example, the eight holds of Skyrim are each a kingdom in CK2 terms, with no de jure title of 'High King of Skyrim' to unite them all beneath. I've succeeded in uniting Skyrim in my most recent game (we'll come back to this), and found that gaining the High King title was done through a decision. I was required to hold three of those hold-kingdom titles, spend a bunch of gold and favor, but it replaced those three kingdom titles with the High Kingdom of Skyrim and gave me claim over the royal titles I did not yet possess.

To go back to culture and religion, the ruler designer is extremely powerful. Every humanoid race from the Elder Scrolls game is represented, as well as a few only mentioned in background: Imperial, Breton, Nord, Redguard etc. for the humans; Orsimer, Dunmer, Altmer, Bosmer as well several elf-kinds extinct or nearly so by the Elder Scrolls games' period like the Chimer (pre-curse Dunmer and Orsimer), Falmer and the previously mentioned Maormer. There are tons of religions as well, including a cult for every Daedric Prince (Castle Volkihar is an island county of independent Molag Bal worshippers off the Skyrim coast), an Eight Divines religion that can be reformed to Nine Divines should someone reestablish the Tamrielic Empire and ascend to godhood, the Dunmer cult of Almsivi and its Nerevarine Heresy, and so many more. All of these options are available with the character builder, which allows you to start the game as, say, an Altmer count of Bravil (I tried it, fun) or a Daedra-worshiping Redguard pirate in the Brethren of the Gold Coast (also fun; captured the high king of Alinor in that game's first war). There's even a one-province independent count just north of Markarth in Skyrim whose leader you could make, say, an Ashlander Dunmer who worships the same Old Gods as the Reachmen. Spend a few centuries with that game, and you can end up with something like this:

(Not pictured: Three eastern island duchies. One more major conquest in that direction and I'll be near enough to start fighting in Akavir proper.)

My current game began in 3370, I'm currently in 3805. Through a combination of elven longevity and powerful magic I've kept the same character throughout:

His last surviving child, the male dunmer with the soul patch, died a few decades ago. The Markarth Dynasty rules a majority of Skyrim's holds, though the kingdom's aristocracy also has plenty of Nords and Reachmen, as well as civilized Dunmer in the Morrowind territories. My character converted to the Nerevarine Heresy during the conquest of Vvardenfell, after he took Ald'ruhn as part of the royal demesne. His latest conquest is Mournhold, capital of the Almsivi-worshipping Dunmer, which he took for his own. He began with far less intimidating stats; his education was Master Mage, and he had the Genius and (EK-added) Strong Voice traits. As a mage he has maximum access to the mod's magic system: characters of the appropriate classes have Magicka pools which replenish by a set amount each year. Both the reservoir and its rate of replenishment depend on Learning, with the pool capping at 60 magicka points and the rate capping at 10 per year. Magic is handled as a list of decisions, and your available spells vary by class. There's spells to boost the flank or rear your armies, to enchant their arms or armor, to enhance their siege ability or make them move faster. If your troops are adjacent to enemy forces you can cast offensive spells against them. Some classes even have the option to summon daedra to augment their armies, which produces a number of event troops at your capital at a cost of 5, 10 or 25 Magicka, each version summoning a hundred daedric troops for each point spent. A handful of expensive spells give permanent enhancements to the caster; that's how my character gained the Strong, Quick (EK-added) and Attractive qualities. There's a spell to add disease resistance to your provinces, another to heal wounds and diseases on your own character, still another to heal mental afflictions like depression, lunacy etc. There is a single tremendous spell, Rite of Immortality, that costs 60 magicka and totally immunizes your character to the dangers of old age. It adds a little mobius strip icon to your character's traits; my character's can be seen peeking out to the right of the Viking icon. To my knowledge AI rulers do not use the magic system as of version 1.05, hopefully that will change some day.

Characters from the multifarious elven races play significantly differently from human ones. They suffer some risk for old age afflictions, but I've not seen them crop up in elves without a few centuries under their belts. Elven fertility is handled by penalizing that quality in elf characters at a rate of something like %15 each, along with escalating penalties from advanced age. They average between three and five kids before going entirely infertile. Characters who complete the Rite of Immortality get a -10000% penalty to fertility regardless of race. Orcs, though technically a kind of elf, age and reproduce as humans do.

If anyone has any questions, or wants to see screenshots of particular aspects of the mod, please ask. If anyone wants to talk about my big dumb elf empire I am of course ready to hold forth at great length and depth on the subject.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

marktheando posted:

Yeah definitely. I'd be interested to hear about it, I was thinking of giving it a try.

It's a very fun mod, especially if you know anything about TES. I'm actually considering LPing it whenever the next version comes out and the glut of Paradox LPs dies down a bit.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

This looks seriously cool. Is it mostly complete/bug free enough to play full campaigns?

Edison was a dick
Apr 3, 2010

direct current :roboluv: only

zeal posted:

Okay. So. For those of you unfamiliar with it, Elder Kings is a mod for CK2 that changes the game setting from historical Earth to that of the Elder Scrolls games (Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim etc.). Its latest version, the only one I've played, was released in May. The mod replaces the game map entirely with that of Nirn, the world-setting of the Elder Scrolls, and currently comes with two start dates.

Both are set during the Interregnum, the period of anarchy between the Second and Third Eras of Tamriel, the setting's largest continent

Largest continent we know of since Yokuda sank.

quote:

and home to all the locales of the Elder Scrolls games. For reference, Morrowind and Oblivion were set at the tail end of the Third Era; Skyrim takes place two centuries into the Fourth. The gigantic world map also includes subcontinents and archipelagos only ever mentioned in the Elder Scrolls games. The tropical southern continent, Pyandonea, home to the Maormer (sea elves) is there. The broken islands of Yokuda, homeland of the Redguards, are still populated. Even Atmora, lost homeland of the Nords, is in-game: there's a single independent human county up there, but the rest of the landmass is a kingdom of undead under mighty old draugr dragon-worshipers.

Which you never have to worry about, since the only Casus Beli available to them are range limited to fewer sea zones than there are between Atmora and Tamriel.

quote:

To the east pearl-strings of islands lead to distant Akavir.

The Interregnum setting means that the universal Tamrielic Empire familiar to Elder Scrolls players does not exist in-game. Specifically, it ceased to exist about twenty years before the game's start. Instead, Tamriel is splint into innumerable petty kingdoms and republics. Some are wealthy and powerful: the Altmer and Dunmer kingdoms of Alinor and Morrowind begin the game intact and strong. Most other regions are divided and subdivided by culture and religion. There are few large de jure kingdoms at the game's start. To use the most recent example, the eight holds of Skyrim are each a kingdom in CK2 terms, with no de jure title of 'High King of Skyrim' to unite them all beneath. I've succeeded in uniting Skyrim in my most recent game (we'll come back to this), and found that gaining the High King title was done through a decision. I was required to hold three of those hold-kingdom titles, spend a bunch of gold and favor, but it replaced those three kingdom titles with the High Kingdom of Skyrim and gave me claim over the royal titles I did not yet possess.

An important thing about this mechanic is that you can prevent Dukes forming kingdoms by holding all the high kingdoms.

quote:

To go back to culture and religion, the ruler designer is extremely powerful. Every humanoid race from the Elder Scrolls game is represented, as well as a few only mentioned in background: Imperial, Breton, Nord, Redguard etc. for the humans; Orsimer, Dunmer, Altmer, Bosmer as well several elf-kinds extinct or nearly so by the Elder Scrolls games' period like the Chimer (pre-curse Dunmer and Orsimer), Falmer and the previously mentioned Maormer.

The Falmer are only avialable in the ruler designer.

quote:

There are tons of religions as well, including a cult for every Daedric Prince (Castle Volkihar is an island county of independent Molag Bal worshippers off the Skyrim coast), an Eight Divines religion that can be reformed to Nine Divines should someone reestablish the Tamrielic Empire and ascend to godhood, the Dunmer cult of Almsivi and its Nerevarine Heresy, and so many more. All of these options are available with the character builder, which allows you to start the game as, say, an Altmer count of Bravil (I tried it, fun) or a Daedra-worshiping Redguard pirate in the Brethren of the Gold Coast (also fun; captured the high king of Alinor in that game's first war). There's even a one-province independent count just north of Markarth in Skyrim whose leader you could make, say, an Ashlander Dunmer who worships the same Old Gods as the Reachmen. Spend a few centuries with that game, and you can end up with something like this:

(Not pictured: Three eastern island duchies. One more major conquest in that direction and I'll be near enough to start fighting in Akavir proper.)

An important aspect of religion in Elder Kings is that the Elven religions and Daedea cults can take slaves by raiding.

The best way to go to war is qualify for the Warlord ambition, at which point you effectively get access to the Tribal Invasion CB, but you can't take it if you already have an Empire, so once you take the empire, you expansion may halt.
You get CB to expand within your culture and religion group, which means you can expand to form your High Kingdom rather easily, but to get a CB outside that, your best bet other than Warlord is Holy War, which has some rather restrictive requirements, meaning you're practically never going to see it.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

fool_of_sound posted:

This looks seriously cool. Is it mostly complete/bug free enough to play full campaigns?

From what I've played it's very stable and fleshed-out, this is my second multi-century game (the first was the Altmer count of Bravil, ended not long after I took over the Imperial Isle and reestablished the Kingdom of Cyrodiil). I've only felt the need to savescum once, when my Dunmer character gained the Incapable trait (I hadn't completed the Rite of Immortality yet). I didn't have enough Magicka to cast the spell to reverse it when the trait first appeared, so I settled into wait for the magicka regen and hope the empire didn't come apart in the meantime. I found that while the Incapable trait was present the Open Spellbook decision disappeared forever after I closed it; that could be a bug, it could be working as intended, I don't know. Other then that, mechanically? It's just as reliable as the base game so far, though much weirder.

Vampirism and lycanthropy both exist in-game; the presence of afflicted characters can trigger events in the occupied province, with the monstrous characters preying on people and livestock. If they're found out either affliction is grounds for imprisonment and execution. I know that Molag Bal worshipers gain Favor (the mod's reskin of Piety) for accepting known vampires in their court, Hircine worshipers may have the same option for lycanthropes.

Something I didn't mention above: artifacts are in the game. If you look at my character's traits the artifact icons are beside each other, the sword and armor icons sandwiched between the Rite of Immortality and Pilgrim traits. He has Silver Weapons and Elven Armor, and all the familiar weapon and armor grades of the Elder Scrolls games are present (Orcish, Dwarven, Elven, Ebony, etc.). I've seen magic staffs that give +2 to Learning, and other miscellany like Maps of Tamriel. At least some of the Daedric artifacts are present too. I've only played Molag Bal, Malacath and Hermaeus Mora worshipers but each has a religion-based Decision to claim their patron Daedra's signature artifact (Mace of Molag Bal, Volendrung, Oghma Infinium) if they fulfill the criteria. Presumably the same holds true for other Daedra.

1994 Toyota Celica fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Aug 4, 2014

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

That does sound like some good poo poo. Are there any Septims playable?

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

marktheando posted:

Not yet, I believe. They intend to have later bookmarks to allow you to play as Tiber.

I had a very successful and LONG game as an Argonian. My dynasty united Argonian and had some rather fun and vicious wars against the Nibenese to the west. Slowly but surely, sometimes a province a ruler, I drained their power bit by bit until the balances tilted in my favor and I piece by piece absorbed Nibenay, Cheydinhal, and Skingrad. After that I could form Cyrodiil and conquered the rest of the province, finally proclaiming myself Emperor of Greater Argonia. I was looking to move into Morrowind and Skyrim, but dropped the game- it was fun, but was going slowly.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

marktheando posted:

There's no 'Rise of Tiber Septim' start date yet, but there are Dragonborn. It's a single trait that heaps some pretty great bonuses on your character, and passes on a lesser Dragon-blooded trait to descendants. There's only one alive at any given time; when they die the trait seems to pass to somebody else, though their dynasties remain Dragon-blooded. I've not seen the Dragonborn trait in the ruler designer, so I don't think you can start as one out of the box, but all you'd really have to do is start a game, find out who the first-spawned Dragonborn is, switch to character who could invite them to court, and hand them a title. One more character switch and you've got a Dragon-blooded dynasty in the making.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
Imprisoned characters are more likely to get the Dragonborn trait and, IIRC, player characters are favored over AI characters. So you can, theoretically, game yourself into getting the trait by getting imprisoned and waiting a while. :v:

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
One thing I've yet to find out is whether my character, now that he's switched to the Nerevarine Heresy, will ever get the opportunity to claim the title of Nerevarine in full. We'll see once I've overthrown the false gods of Almsivi, I guess.

Edison was a dick
Apr 3, 2010

marktheando posted:

documents/FAQ.txt posted:

Can I play Tiber Septim!?!
Currently no, Tiber Septim will however be available when we move on to a bookmark around his time. That said you can recreate his life work if you want and form the Empire of Tamriel with your own character and dynasty.

On the other hand, Hjalti Early-Beard, who later became Tiber Septim is in the history files, but that's only after 3748.
According to the history files, he also lives until 112.

Also, if you want to form the Empire of Tamriel, you need to either be Dragonborn, Dragonborn descendant, of the Reman dynasty, or have found the Amulet of Kings, which you can find by having your steward survey Sancre Tor.

Edison was a dick fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Aug 4, 2014

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Edison was a dick posted:

Also, if you want to form the Empire of Tamriel, you need to... have found the Amulet of Kings, which you can find by having your steward survey Sancre Tor.
So many thousands of Colovian souls were just condemned to Oblivion by this sentence.

Another note: every religion has a 'make donations to gain favor' action. Its cost and nature depend on the religion. Daedra worshippers give a set amount of gold for a 70% chance of a favorable result. Eight/Nine Divines worshipers spend an amount that rises with the size of your realm but always yield a good result, either a bump in Favor (the 'meh' result) or a powerful blessing based on the particular Aedra your character worships (I've only played once, but the Julianos trait adds 3 to Learning). The Nerevarine option is based in the ancestor cult. For a set price of 25 gold you you get a chance of either a little Favor or a disposition change of +/-10 with members of your dynasty depending on what dice give you. Since my character is now the founder of a mixed dunmer/nord/breton dynasty that directly rules duchies from Markarth to Akavir propitiating the ancestors is a pretty effective way to maintain the empire's stability.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

DrSunshine posted:

Sonendar 1.06

Also, yessssssssssssssssssssssssss. I am booting this up ASAP.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

DrSunshine posted:

Sonendar 1.06

Yo, you should toss this on Steam Workshop.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

WilliamAnderson posted:

Yo, you should toss this on Steam Workshop.

I would... if only I knew how! I've never used the Steam Workshop before.

EDIT: Ah never mind, I think I've figured it out! I need to go into the game and click on "content".

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Aug 5, 2014

Brotato Broth
Feb 21, 2012
Is there a way to plot for trade posts owned by other houses? I see the AI doing this relatively often against me but I can't seem to find the option to do this myself.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Brotato Broth posted:

Is there a way to plot for trade posts owned by other houses? I see the AI doing this relatively often against me but I can't seem to find the option to do this myself.

there is a decision-style plot for it, but you cant do it if you're either the Doge or if you have way more trade posts than your competitors.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Brotato Broth posted:

Excelzior posted:

there is a decision-style plot for it, but you cant do it if you're either the Doge or if you have way more trade posts than your competitors.
I believe the limit is 3 more than your potential target.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Oh hey EK chat and I just came to post my last character because By Shor, those stats:

You can get some pretty insane stats due to the various bonuses available.

Also, you can't be Tiber Septim himself yet, but you can play as the last surviving descendant of Reman which isn't bad, and I believe when you unite Tamriel you can be declared the Ninth Divine yourself.

Sadly, I guess my EK game just got put on hold because Sonendar, Bitches :yayclod:

e; Oh, and speaking of vampires, they were hilarious in 1.04 because the rate they would appear at was absurdly high. After a couple of centuries half the nobles in Nirn would be vampires and, as they gain stat boosts as they age and grow more powerful, you'd have shitloads of people running around with hugely inflated stats. Of course, as the vampiric Emperor of Tamriel myself I resolved to murder everyone in the world older than me starting with Orgnum on down (King of the Maormer who starts the game well into his fourth millennium).

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Aug 5, 2014

Edison was a dick
Apr 3, 2010

Also, if you have high learning you stand a chance of getting the event where you can choose to be a necromancer.
Take it! While you take some pretty large opinion penalties, you get easier access to immortality via lichdom, and access to the two best spells. Ghost fleet gives you zero upkeep event boats and the skeletal army is zero upkeep and zero attrition, so you can make an unstoppable army and conquer all the known world.

Antinumeric
Nov 27, 2010

BoxGiraffe

DrSunshine posted:

I would... if only I knew how! I've never used the Steam Workshop before.

EDIT: Ah never mind, I think I've figured it out! I need to go into the game and click on "content".

A lot of territories have no religion / culture. Janessa starts with no technology. And desolation island starts too far away to declare war or interact with anyone. Leaving them unable to do anything all game.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Yeah, the noculture thing was pointed out to me shortly after I posted the link. If you redownload it, it should be fixed.

Oh shoot! I had forgotten that diplomatic distance was a thing that was recently added! I'd always intended Desolation Island to be pretty, well, desolate start, but I guess now it's completely sealed off.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Is there a way to turn Ironman off in your save? I just conquered a whole duchy and turns out I pressed the wrong claim :downs: Took forever to grab that duchy, and now some other dude gets it. I just want to use to console to take it back, but I was playing Ironman so can't do that.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
So it only took a few hundred dead Colovians, but it's done. I took Sancre Tor from a three-province count, set my chancellor to surveying. Look at the shiny thing he dug up:

With it comes this lovely new decision:

Pray for Cyrodiil, sons of men. The Ashlanders are coming.

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:
I have a stupid question!

I have a ton of unmarried/young family members, like children of princes and princesses. I'd like to marry them off to create alliances, but I can't figure out how? Like, when you marry yourself it shows the little flags to tell you if it's an alliance, but it doesn't show it for my heirs and family members.

What's the best way to go about creating a ton of allies? I'm King of Leon and a few other kingdoms in northern Spain and I'd like to go to Holy War with the rest of Muslim Spain.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Shnooks posted:

I have a stupid question!

I have a ton of unmarried/young family members, like children of princes and princesses. I'd like to marry them off to create alliances, but I can't figure out how? Like, when you marry yourself it shows the little flags to tell you if it's an alliance, but it doesn't show it for my heirs and family members.

What's the best way to go about creating a ton of allies? I'm King of Leon and a few other kingdoms in northern Spain and I'd like to go to Holy War with the rest of Muslim Spain.

You only get alliances for marriages with close family members: children, siblings, possibly parents, maybe grandchildren. More distant relatives produce no alliance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Bold Robot posted:

You only get alliances for marriages with close family members: children, siblings, possibly parents, maybe grandchildren. More distant relatives produce no alliance.

Definitely not grandchildren. It's still handy to marry them off to potential allies though if they're your heir's children, so he'll have some allies ready to go when he inherits.

Parents, probably not either. If you're king, then the parent of your bloodline is probably dead (or at the very least already married), and the survivor is likely of a different dynasty despite being closely related, so you won't get an alliance.

• Locked thread