Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

LobsterMobster posted:

Colt Cabana is like the most bitter dude about being fired.

To be fair blowing his one big chance and no other major entity being interested in him has to be a tough pill to swallow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

rovert posted:

Explains the joke:

Oh well that makes it perfectly okay, that's HILARIOUS!

gently caress off, Colt.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

LobsterMobster posted:

Colt Cabana is like the most bitter dude about being fired.

I know right, he's always like MEE I WAS FIRED MEEEEEEE and then he cries or whatever. zzzzzzzzzzzzz

I thought it was funny. Crude. Untimely. but funny.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
If Colt was the only dude to ever get fired and WWE was literally a monopoly in terms of professional wrestling, I could see his point. But he's not, it's not, and poo poo, it's been 5 years.

Chris Hero might be upset he got let go, and maybe he's eating his feelings, but it doesn't seem like he's complaining that much.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Well I was looking to thin who I followed on Twitter and Colt sure as heck made one choice easier for me!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Ric Flair is a lot better than Colt Cabana. More popular too. Therefore, Colt strikes out at him.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LobsterMobster posted:

If Colt was the only dude to ever get fired and WWE was literally a monopoly in terms of professional wrestling, I could see his point. But he's not, it's not, and poo poo, it's been 5 years.

Chris Hero might be upset he got let go, and maybe he's eating his feelings, but it doesn't seem like he's complaining that much.

Hero didn't have Dusty Rhodes using anti-Semitic slurs about him.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

LobsterMobster posted:

Hell Hero was motion capturing for 2K for the new WWE game so he's probably less bitter about it.

E: Also HHH is a cool guy

quote:

“@DanielleGandee: Thanks! The card was awesome! U made Braden's B-Day perfect! pic.twitter.com/k5g7EBq2iv”
Happy Birthday Braden

:unsmith:

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Aug 4, 2014

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I respect you, cabana-man.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Colt's ceiling was always low midcard comedy guy in WWE and the fact that he clearly doesn't seem to get that is the most hilarious part to me.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

sportsgenius86 posted:

Colt's ceiling was always low midcard comedy guy in WWE and the fact that he clearly doesn't seem to get that is the most hilarious part to me.

No you see I have to find an old man who was top five, if not like top 3 of best draws and wrestlers of the 20th century and work that dead kid humor so he knows I'm better than him. Join me next week as I call Andre gay.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I stand with Colt.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Didn't WWE offer Colt a color commentator tryout multiple times, as well?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

sportsgenius86 posted:

I find it funny that Colt resembles is a hybrid of Michael Cole and Santino, especially since his position in the company would have perfectly matched that look.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

Didn't WWE offer Colt a color commentator tryout multiple times, as well?

I think he did some colour tryouts down in NXT, but I also feel that was just before Punk walked out so that fell apart quickly afterwards.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Colt should make fun of at maximun Zack Ryder, Bad News Barrett at a serious stretch. He forgets himself.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ric flair could have wrestled one match in his entire life, a losing effort to the brooklyn brawler, and making fun of his dead kid would still be lovely

the fact that ric flair was a big draw is not the problem here

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Shima Honnou posted:

I find it funny that Colt resembles is a hybrid of Michael Cole and Santino, especially since his position in the company would have perfectly matched that look.
Then you have the UK's version of Colt who looks like Patton Oswalt if he decided to become a wrestler.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Endorph posted:

ric flair could have wrestled one match in his entire life, a losing effort to the brooklyn brawler, and making fun of his dead kid would still be lovely

the fact that ric flair was a big draw is not the problem here

You're absolutely correct. His "joke" was low-minded and bad. However, it is made all the worse by the fact that it also features a person who washed out of the medium-heights of his business spitting on Superman's cape. It's a synergy thing.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

It always kills me when ric flair gets sad about his son, i don't know why it gets me more than other wrestling tragedies but it does.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Colt's great gently caress all y'all.

cunny mcalister
Mar 21, 2004
Somehow less than meets the eye.

projecthalaxy posted:

You're absolutely correct. His "joke" was low-minded and bad. However, it is made all the worse by the fact that it also features a person who washed out of the medium-heights of his business spitting on Superman's cape. It's a synergy thing.

drat uppity mid-carders! They should learn their place and not speak ill of their superiors.

P.S. I love Ron and Don Harris

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

cunny mcalister posted:

drat uppity mid-carders! They should learn their place and not speak ill of their superiors.

When you're a midcard guy insulting a guy who has spent more money on ring gear than your house costs about not having money, you should probably take a step back and think about what you're typing. ESPECIALLY if you're also making an unfunny joke about his dead son.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Colt made a joke about Ric Flair that isn't any worse than you'd find here. People want to poo poo on Colt for weird reasons though.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Sir Jebus posted:

When you're a midcard guy insulting a guy who has spent more money on ring gear than your house costs about not having money, you should probably take a step back and think about what you're typing. ESPECIALLY if you're also making an unfunny joke about his dead son.

It wasn't about his dead son, it was about Ric Flair being lovely at finance.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Kind of different if a nerd on an internet forum wants to poke fun at someones dead kid, or a guy employed in a kind of small industry. Also its really in bad taste.

I mean if you didn't want to hug flair and give him a gin and tonic when he cried on the wrestlemania panel when his son was mentioned, idk what to say.

Gonzo McFee posted:

So lovely at finance he needed money from his dead kids scholarship fund, c'mon dude.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Gonzo McFee posted:

Colt's great gently caress all y'all.

Agreed. Colt's more bitter about the attempts at being made 'The Jew Guy' more than anything else. Is the joke in bad taste? Sure it is, but it's ultimately harmless. Have to laugh at the suggestion that Colt doesn't seem to 'understand' that all he's good for is being a comedy guy, since he's made a career out of it. The difference is that Vince's idea of being a comedy guy is being the comedy jew. I'd say he's earned a right to be bitter about it.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
The good thing about Colt is we will never see him in WWE ever again with Punk not around

And I'm happy with that

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

Colt made a joke about Ric Flair that isn't any worse than you'd find here. People want to poo poo on Colt for weird reasons though.

There is a difference between saying a horrible joke with your buddies and posting a horrible joke on your public twitter account associated with your work that has 189k followers.

Gonzo McFee posted:

"Ric Flair is so bad at managing money he has to apply to the scholarship set up for his dead son" is a joke about his dead son.

If he'd made the same joke without the whole "haha dead son" thing, nobody would give a gently caress.

Sir Jebus fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Aug 4, 2014

cunny mcalister
Mar 21, 2004

Sir Jebus posted:

Yet how many jokes have been here on SA about Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, John Cena, etc.? Should we all be banned? Or is it okay because the ones making the joke didn't even make an attempt in the industry? The joke was bad, but Colt can make jokes about Ric sucking with money because Ric sucks with money. Saying your level of success dictates if you can or can't make jokes is ridiculous, as there is very little humor in punching downward unless you are the one doing it.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Colt bad. Flair good. Foley best.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

I'd tell anyone, irl or otherwise making a joke about ric flair dead son to shut the gently caress up. Hope this helps.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

It's the same thing that happens when Zack Ryder does anything.

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

cunny mcalister posted:

Yet how many jokes have been here on SA about Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, John Cena, etc.? Should we all be banned? Or is it okay because the ones making the joke didn't even make an attempt in the industry? The joke was bad, but Colt can make jokes about Ric sucking with money because Ric sucks with money. Saying your level of success dictates if you can or can't make jokes is ridiculous, as there is very little humor in punching downward unless you are the one doing it.

I personally wouldn't give a gently caress if he had made the same joke without the dead kid thing. It just makes it that little bit more of a stupid thing to say.

projecthalaxy posted:

Colt bad. Flair good. Foley best.

WRONG

cunny mcalister
Mar 21, 2004

canada jezus posted:

I'd tell anyone, irl or otherwise making a joke about ric flair dead son to shut the gently caress up. Hope this helps.

Me too. I would laugh at a finance joke if it was funny.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

canada jezus posted:

Kind of different if a nerd on an internet forum wants to poke fun at someones dead kid, or a guy employed in a kind of small industry. Also its really in bad taste.

I mean if you didn't want to hug flair and give him a gin and tonic when he cried on the wrestlemania panel when his son was mentioned, idk what to say.

I don't want to give Ric any alcohol because he obviously uses it as a coping mechanism and is clearly addicted, but I obviously care about Ric Flair more than you. :smug:

Seriously though, it was a joke, he clearly didn't have any harsh sentiment behind it beyond being annoyed by Ric Flairs previous lovely dealings with ROH and the like and getting worked up over it is daft.

quote:

"Ric Flair is so bad at managing money he has to apply to the scholarship set up for his dead son" is a joke about his dead son.

"People won't hear me being a shithead" is a pretty lovely reason to be a shithead, mate.

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

"People won't hear me being a shithead" is a pretty lovely reason to be a shithead, mate.

It's a good thing you're doing it in front of people then, I sure hope that makes you feel better about defending a joke involving a mans dead son.

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

Gonzo McFee posted:

I don't want to give Ric any alcohol because he obviously uses it as a coping mechanism and is clearly addicted, but I obviously care about Ric Flair more than you. :smug:

Seriously though, it was a joke, he clearly didn't have any harsh sentiment behind it beyond being annoyed by Ric Flairs previous lovely dealings with ROH and the like and getting worked up over it is daft.

yeah no harsh sentiment i was just making a joke about your dumb dead kid relax Ric

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The big question is was the joke fair to Flair or is Colt a dolt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Gonzo McFee posted:

I need alcohol as a coping mechanism too, i figured we'd bond over it you know?