Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Desideratus
Oct 5, 2008

Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.

All I'm taking away from this conversation is that I should use the certs from the resource timer refund to trick out my Sundie, and that dual-Walker Sunderers are now the premier AA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

Desideratus posted:

All I'm taking away from this conversation is that I should use the certs from the resource timer refund to trick out my Sundie, and that dual-Walker Sunderers are now the premier AA.

I already had my full blockade dual walker sundy for our hill parties, now it just needs a deploy shield, though I still need to figure out utility for them, reload speed or mag size?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Desideratus posted:

Oh man I forgot about the timer refunds. I'm going to be swimming in certs since I have maxed timer on everything except the galaxy, lib, sundy and flash.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I gotta say that when you wanna just not do the grind of playing anti-infantry, standing on top of a tower with an anti-air rocket launcher is a very chill way to spend an evening.

There is nothing but happiness in running autism jerks' nights. Especially when they're lining up a strafing run and then they get hit with a rocket and have to boogie and repair for a minute.

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?
Guessing it's a misprint on the Directives Guide but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't.

Explosive vehicle kills, vehicles don't count.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
I think it's saying it doesn't count if you blow up a vehicle while in another vehicle. Or MAX or turret.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Judging by the one just below it that specifies "Multi-kills accrued while a MAX or in a Vehicle or Turret do not count," I agree with magic mountain's interpretation.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

WHAT A GOOD DOG posted:

I gotta say that when you wanna just not do the grind of playing anti-infantry, standing on top of a tower with an anti-air rocket launcher is a very chill way to spend an evening.

There is nothing but happiness in running autism jerks' nights. Especially when they're lining up a strafing run and then they get hit with a rocket and have to boogie and repair for a minute.

I don't know if that really ruins any sky autism. I know when I start getting locked on from somewhere I can't see, I find some cover to hang near, wait for the rocket to launch so I know where it came from, and have the terrain eat it and come back and clip the bastard. Hell, if I'm sure there aren't more than one, sometimes I eat it with a fire suppress and just kill the heavy while he's reloading.

Lock-ons are kind of in a weird place in that they're really only a threat to the dumb or en masse, because they're so easy to deal with if you're used to them. Even with how poorly skyguards have faired lately, I find I'm way more effective with one than a Hawk. It takes 2.5 to off an ESF, like 9 to kill a lib, and lolgals. Flak is how you get someone to gently caress off.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
How do boosts work again? Some of my characters have more than others. Did I just waste a 7 day boost by claiming it on my vanu alt? Gosh darn it.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Aaod posted:

After dicking around on the test server from what I can tell the easiest way to solo kill sunderers is TR only. Both lockdown prowlers and lockdown MAX with pounders shred sunderers. During a base defense sneak a fair distance away then snipe it as a lockdown max and it will be dead before they are able to kill you almost always. Good thing all three factions have lockdown! Wait poo poo!

STAHHHHHPPPP Don't tell them :ohdear:

Lockdown bursters are .. insanely good too. You do more DPS than a skyguard.

Klowns posted:

Guessing it's a misprint on the Directives Guide but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't.

Explosive vehicle kills, vehicles don't count.

Kills vs vehicles while infantry. Vehicles you kill with tank mines, c4, AV nades, rocketlaunchers, etc..

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

How do boosts work again? Some of my characters have more than others. Did I just waste a 7 day boost by claiming it on my vanu alt? Gosh darn it.

They are character specific for some reason. The one you used on your alt couldn't have been applied to any other of your characters once it was added to your alt's inventory. Supposedly SOE support has transferred boosts around for some people but I've never tried it.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

This... This makes me feel so much better about dying to Jaamaw and his lib a bunch of times when I started playing the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xkC8ixJpL0. He sounds like he has balls the size of dimes :stare:

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

o muerte posted:

This... This makes me feel so much better about dying to Jaamaw and his lib a bunch of times when I started playing the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xkC8ixJpL0. He sounds like he has balls the size of dimes :stare:

If he didn't have the facecam there I'd honestly believe that he's a woman.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Yeah vonics settings make the game loving amazing but that gamma makes IRNV impossible but unnecessary though gently caress smoke! gonna turn the gamma down so i can atleast use IRNV.

The lag has been getting out of control, i take damage and its to loving late to do anything because even if i duck behind cover i'm dead. I go from taking 1-2 hits to loving dead instantly because i get hit by like 6 bullets at once from the same guy.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Arghy posted:

The lag has been getting out of control, i take damage and its to loving late to do anything because even if i duck behind cover i'm dead. I go from taking 1-2 hits to loving dead instantly because i get hit by like 6 bullets at once from the same guy.
Ask me about dying to NS-11's that sound like pump-action shotguns.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
The only real lag I have noticed recently is some serious delay on deploying my sundy. Doesn't happen every time but randomly it just will refuse to deploy for no reason unless I repeatedly mash the button. I have been spending very little time as infantry so that could explain why I haven't noticed much other lag.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Periphery posted:

The only real lag I have noticed recently is some serious delay on deploying my sundy. Doesn't happen every time but randomly it just will refuse to deploy for no reason unless I repeatedly mash the button. I have been spending very little time as infantry so that could explain why I haven't noticed much other lag.

One thing I've noticed with that is to tap forward/back quickly to make sure you're not micro-sliding, that seems to fix about 70% of my deploy issues with busses and prowlers.

The only real vehicle lag issue I've noticed is with hit registration on guns. It's most apparent on an AP/lockdown prowler (since you're firing so often) and I think I'm losing up to 20% of my rounds to hit registration during worst-case situations, other times I don't notice at all.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

As a Vanguard AP/Enforcer and Phoenix afficionado I am really, really looking forward to a brave new world where Sunderers flow like raging rivers

The shield is going to be annoying, but it will be just that. Remember that it's not blockade under there, and that the shield apparently doesn't share resists with the sunderer itself. This means that 2k raw damage will knock the shield out, then you've got a Sunderer sans Blockade in front of your guns.

IF the shield is 2k health (I've heard two Decis will take it out on PTS so let's go with that) then it works out like the first Titan shot taking out the shield, and after that both the Titan and the Enforcer do 12% more damage

It's looking like the shield will be entirely for suicide solo infantry deterrence, which is a great niche that will find a lot of use, but against ALL tanks it's going to be a huge liability

However if the shield just takes flat damage then it's a HUGE nerf to the Phoenix, which relies on favorable multipliers to do its damage so :ohdear: I hope it takes on the Sunderer's modifiers like the Vanguard Shield, and not a flat damage amount like the Aegis Shield

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

To those worrying for some unfathomable reason that Sunderers might be *gasp* too cheap : don't worry, resources were never their bottleneck in the first place. If every pubbie had spawned a sundie at least whenever they hit 750 vehicle resources, the roads of Auraxis would already have been a constant traffic jam for the past two years.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

I'm not worried about pubbies. I'm worried about GOKU.

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?
Is the Sunderer shield skintight like the Vanguard or a dome-type shield? I'd hate to have spent all those certs on stealth for the thing to be given away by a big shiny bubble (shield is utility slot right?)

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Shield is skintight, in the defense slot, and is automatically engaged when you deploy.

I get the feeling that blockade armor is going to be preferable in many cases.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Why the gently caress does this game install into the public users directory :crossarms:

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Pomp posted:

Why the gently caress does this game install into the public users directory :crossarms:

So it can patch with out UAC being invoked.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
What is everyone spending their timer reduction refund on? I have no idea what I will do with the 12000 certs I will be getting back.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Periphery posted:

What is everyone spending their timer reduction refund on? I have no idea what I will do with the 12000 certs I will be getting back.

Today is my day of reckoning, because I've been at 9,900 for like a month now, dumping certs into cooldown timers to buy time until something to dump certs into came up

I'm getting probably 12k back as well, meaning I'll be at 21k certs while already having pretty much everything I need already. I wish the cap was higher or that I could gift certs to new goons, but as is I'll max out whatever new stuff there is and then max out ammo reserves on all my vehicle stuff?

Oh, I don't have the Lightning AP cannon yet apparently! I'll get that and max it out (and then never use it because I'm NC)

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

o muerte posted:

Lockdown bursters are .. insanely good too. You do more DPS than a skyguard.

I always miss my lockdown Burster when NC or VS, it's not just the DPS boost that makes it so good it's the extra velocity speed that lets you hit far off air so much easier. A rank 5 lockdown Burster just feels beastly.

Epic High Five posted:

Oh, I don't have the Lightning AP cannon yet apparently! I'll get that and max it out (and then never use it because I'm NC)

It's a pretty fun solo tank hunter. Get Stealth and try sneak up behind tank columns, hammering shots into their butts and then running off at speeds they can't match! Like a Solo Harasser.

Fans fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Aug 5, 2014

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Fans posted:

I always miss my lockdown Burster when NC or VS, it's not just the DPS boost that makes it so good it's the extra velocity speed that lets you hit far off air so much easier. A rank 5 lockdown Burster just feels beastly.

It's a pretty fun solo tank hunter. Get Stealth and try sneak up behind tank columns, hammering shots into their butts and then running off at speeds they can't match! Like a Solo Harasser.

Well you could, but then we'd have to get out of our vanguards, Fans. We both know that that particular thing just isn't going to happen.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

:siren: Emerald Up! :siren:

It appears some directives only require Gold Medals now.

Edit: Never mind, the interface is a bit confusing.

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

Post your Certmas's please

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Clamps McGraw posted:

Post your Certmas's please

I may have been underestimating my refund...I now have 25000 certs so I think instead of 12k I got back 21k...

wei
Jul 27, 2006
I got the right amount, about 11k. You could have gotten 21969 if you maxed out all the timers.

eszett engma
May 7, 2013
The cert viewer at http://ps2.fisu.pw/cert/ hasn't been updated to account for the timer removal yet so you can check there to see how much you spent.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
I don't think it'll top the 50k I got from the original Certsmas, because they refunded certs from each character to all characters. Pretty sure they figured out how to fix that.

EDIT: Looks like I should be getting 4-5k per character though. Not bad.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

I got 2500 refunded since I really only had my timer for my sundie and harasser certed.

I also have the Butcher :getin:

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

I should only be getting 3k~ back, which is less than I thought, but it'll push me over 10k which will be fun.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Sitting on 25,000, total refund of 14,700

I just...don't even know what I'm going to do with all this.

I've also chosen my breakfast in honor of the Euros I shall be playing with this morning:

In honor of the Aussie goons, just know that I greatly prefer Vegemite but it was out of stock

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Is there a reason to pull Lightnings rather than Mbts now?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Baron Porkface posted:

Skyg- oh wait you can put a Walker on MBTs, or two on a Sunderer.

No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Baron Porkface posted:

Not wanting a hapless gunner's blood on your hands caused by bad driving and wandering into the front of an MBT firing line

This loving happens each time I pull a Vanguard :smith:

• Locked thread