Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brutus Salad
Nov 8, 2009

Best buddies forever! :3:

COOL CORN posted:

So I know that theoretically you can play a single game that spans CK2 -> EU4 -> V2 -> HOI3, but is there a game to fill the gap between 1821 (EU4) and 1836 (V2), or a game to continue after 1948 (HOI3)?

No games after 1948 (rip East vs West ;_;7 ) but March of the Eagles is what you'd want for a gap filler game, assuming you only want to know what's going on in Europe, other wise just extended the EU4 end date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
I've finished purging anarcho-capitalists from my V2 :ussr:

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

Brutus Salad posted:

No games after 1948 (rip East vs West ;_;7 )

What about Darkest Hour?

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Brutus Salad posted:

No games after 1948 (rip East vs West ;_;7 ) but March of the Eagles is what you'd want for a gap filler game, assuming you only want to know what's going on in Europe, other wise just extended the EU4 end date.

March of the Eagles is 1805-1820.

Brutus Salad
Nov 8, 2009

So it is, well everyone can tell which paradox games I don't play now!

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Brutus Salad posted:

EU3 can cover the 1821-1836 gap and Darkest hour can do 1948-1960's.

Rome -> Steppe Wolf -> CK2 -> EU4 -> EU3 -> Vicky2 -> HoI4 -> DH

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

uPen posted:

EU3 can cover the 1821-1836 gap and Darkest hour can do 1948-1960's.

Rome -> Steppe Wolf -> CK2 -> EU4 -> EU3 -> Vicky2 -> HoI4 -> DH
EU3 ends in 1821 too.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

A Buttery Pastry posted:

EU3 ends in 1821 too.

Rome -> Steppe Wolf -> CK2 -> EU4 -> Steppe Wolf -> Vicky2 -> HoI4 -> DH -> Steppe Wolf

gently caress it Steppe Wolf for everone

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

uPen posted:

gently caress it Steppe Wolf for everone

Was there ever a Steppe Wolf LP?

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
I wish Rome Total War 2 had EU Rome's politics, it would be a perfect game (now that most of the bugs are ironed out)

Brutus Salad
Nov 8, 2009

Drone posted:

Patter Song did one, I think you might need archives to see it though.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Drone posted:

There's this one and I think patter's but I don't have that handy.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

YF-23 posted:

There's this one and I think patter's but I don't have that handy.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3524107

Mine's here.

Read Yermato's, then mine, mine is the natural sequel of his.

Mine also contains my playthrough of the demo of World Stage, the game once known as Magna Mundi.

Westminster System
Jul 4, 2009
I like to use the time gap for some conversions to rationalise pretty borders syndrome.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Enjoy posted:

I wish Rome Total War 2 had EU Rome's politics, it would be a perfect game (now that most of the bugs are ironed out)

gently caress I wish Rome Total War 2 had Rome Total War 1's politics.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Out of curiosity, if I enjoyed the mechanics of Hearts of Iron 2 (Arsenal of Democracy specifically) but I want something with a less rigid scenario, like without WW2 and with more freedom to make allies/enemies and pick my own wars and such, does anything like that exist? Maybe as a scenario for one of the HoI games? Or something completely different?

Alternatively, are there just any really fun alternate scenarios in general I should check out?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Out of curiosity, if I enjoyed the mechanics of Hearts of Iron 2 (Arsenal of Democracy specifically) but I want something with a less rigid scenario, like without WW2 and with more freedom to make allies/enemies and pick my own wars and such, does anything like that exist? Maybe as a scenario for one of the HoI games? Or something completely different?

Alternatively, are there just any really fun alternate scenarios in general I should check out?

Kaiserreich. Depending on the country (Russia especially) you can choose different alliances and paths of expansion. The only downside is that you need to purchase Darkest Hour to get it, but it's a good game and worth the price.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
If you really want to dig, there was probably a kaiserreich port (official or otherwise) to AoD.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Raskolnikov38 posted:

If you really want to dig, there was probably a kaiserreich port (official or otherwise) to AoD.

Maybe, but its certainly way way out of date.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Kavak posted:

Kaiserreich. Depending on the country (Russia especially) you can choose different alliances and paths of expansion. The only downside is that you need to purchase Darkest Hour to get it, but it's a good game and worth the price.

Is there a place that details out the underlying assumptions/changes made in Kaiserreich? Like I went to their wiki and see Austria and Hungary have split, which seems odd if the Central Powers had won.

http://editthis.info/kaiserreich/Kaiserreich

edit- like my bigger question would be do they assume Germany sent Lenin back to Russia and the revolution still happened?

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

Is there a place that details out the underlying assumptions/changes made in Kaiserreich? Like I went to their wiki and see Austria and Hungary have split, which seems odd if the Central Powers had won.

http://editthis.info/kaiserreich/Kaiserreich

edit- like my bigger question would be do they assume Germany sent Lenin back to Russia and the revolution still happened?

It's odd that Ireland and the United Kingdom split in the 20's, I mean the Entente had won the war.

As for your second question yes he went back and the Russian Civil War kicked off but after France fell to a communist revolution in 1919 Germany intervened in Russia for the White Army to prevent itself from being surrounded by syndicalist states.

e:http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?504384-The-Kaiserreich-timeline-our-official-canon

uPen fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Aug 5, 2014

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Like I went to their wiki and see Austria and Hungary have split, which seems odd if the Central Powers had won.
It's not an unbelievable concept. A Central Power victory would only subdue the existing tensions between Austrians, Hungarians, and all the other ethnicities for a few years.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

uPen posted:

It's odd that Ireland and the United Kingdom split in the 20's, I mean the Entente had won the war.

As for your second question yes he went back and the Russian Civil War kicked off but after France fell to a communist revolution in 1919 Germany intervened in Russia for the White Army to prevent itself from being surrounded by syndicalist states.

e:http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?504384-The-Kaiserreich-timeline-our-official-canon

Thanks!

frankenfreak posted:

It's not an unbelievable concept. A Central Power victory would only subdue the existing tensions between Austrians, Hungarians, and all the other ethnicities for a few years.

Yeah not unbelievable for sure, but just nice to know the reasoning behind things.

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

frankenfreak posted:

Yeah, it's probably one of the least unbelievable things about the timeline (don't read the section on 1918-1920 and just assume the Germans used magic to win the war, it's more plausible).

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I suddenly am craving a Cold War game really bad :(

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Then you're in luck! Would you have ever heard of a game called East Vs West, perchance?

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

DrSunshine posted:

Then you're in luck! Would you have ever heard of a game called East Vs West, perchance?

Wow! Thank you sir!

:getout::barf:

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

blackmongoose posted:

Yeah, it's probably one of the least unbelievable things about the timeline (don't read the section on 1918-1920 and just assume the Germans used magic to win the war, it's more plausible).

I'm scrolling through it on my phone at work so it's taking a while but it looks like they kinda hand-wave away the Great Depression on a global scale?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

I'm scrolling through it on my phone at work so it's taking a while but it looks like they kinda hand-wave away the Great Depression on a global scale?

Nah, it just gets delayed, partly because the Germans have much greater control over their economy than anyone OTL (Except the Reds I guess, but in the 20s they weren't yet a major economic concern) and paper over the cracks well enough to keep things going a few years longer. A global depression forms the basis of much of the tension in the game timeline and it kicks off shortly after you start playing. Pretty much every non-Syndie power on the map gets hurt to some extent by it.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Top Hats Monthly posted:

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/34716/twilight-struggle-game-engine-v491

Just play Twilight Struggle in Excel! It's basically the same thing!

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Enjoy!

Enjoyment not guaranteed

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
US and THEM is actually pretty good, IMO, and I've been waiting for the 'NO NEW GAMES' LP rule to time out so I could crowd-LP the game and bring about a glorious redvolution.

Communist Zombie
Nov 1, 2011

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Wow! Thank you sir!

:getout::barf:

Hey now 4chan has been working on fixing the many game breaking bugs!

http://pastebin.com/UQm9NHCZ posted:

University FIX + supply fix and tons more
>"Supplies bug fixed, all the provinces have Max in to structure for now, I will be reducing this in places like the artic, Africa and >places that really need it but at least supplies work for now.
>Every country starts with 5 military supply factories, this isn't ideal though but it's needed to keep the world supply up.
>Other general fixes, including about a thousand localisations, notifications now have the correct picture bcoz that was pissing me >right off."
http://www.mediafire.com/download/gab9iy17aeazji5/OOT+1.3.1.rar

>Ship building sometimes crashes the game ! HAS NOW BEEN FIXED !
Fix can be found here by downloading : http://www.mediafire.com/download/dzl9x1226wju6cf/models.zip and extracting to yoru units folder

>Elections sometimes crash the game
A temporal fix/patch can be downloaded here: http://a.pomf.se/dessxv.txt and replaces the governemnts.txt file in /common

It still might be a terrible game.

In lighter news does anyone have that image of the V2 tech tree color coded to desirability and importance?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

COOL CORN posted:

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/34716/twilight-struggle-game-engine-v491

Just play Twilight Struggle in Excel! It's basically the same thing!

TS does have a Vassal module and a full digital version due for release at some point. (It's also the best board game ever made.)

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
What's the best way to deal with "Titles Lost on Succession" in CK2? I had a badass Norse kingdom going on until my leader died and I lost most of it :(

I can't do Primogeniture as Norse so I'm not really sure how to deal with it.

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger

COOL CORN posted:

What's the best way to deal with "Titles Lost on Succession" in CK2? I had a badass Norse kingdom going on until my leader died and I lost most of it :(

Give the problem titles directly to your designated heir while you're still alive. So long as you die in the proper order this will allow your whole domain to pass on without being split by inheritance laws.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

StashAugustine posted:

TS does have a Vassal module and a full digital version due for release at some point. (It's also the best board game ever made.)

And an LP!

Featuring the heroic efforts of Comrade Dice in resisting the advances of Imperialist Card Deck.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

COOL CORN posted:

:histdowns: Like every other problem in CK2, the solution is to murder your other offspring.

Or you could murder your siblings who got the other titles when you inherit so you get their titles again*

*may require murdering of a few generations of family.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

A_Raving_Loon posted:

Give the problem titles directly to your designated heir while you're still alive. So long as you die in the proper order this will allow your whole domain to pass on without being split by inheritance laws.

Conquer a lot of new counties and give then to your other sons, this way they wont inherit the titles you dont want to lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

COOL CORN posted:

Being forced into Gavelkind is a deliberate handicap for pagans. You have several options for dealing with it:
a. Make sure you only have one living son. :ese:
b. Reform the Norse faith.
c. Plan things out so your primary heir will have an easy time re-conquering any lost territories. The best way to go about this is to make your largest and richest realm your primary title and have lots of counties inside of it, and making sure you have one and only one county in each holding your other sons are set to become independent under. That way, your heir has lots of counties for gold and levies while your other sons are weaker. But if you have a kingdom title and no counties in that kingdom, then whichever son inherits that kingdom will get a county or counties inside your primary heir's inheritance, and you don't want that. After you die, your primary heir will have claims on all his brothers' titles if they became independent via gavelkind and you'll have an easier time re-conquering them.

Pakled fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Aug 5, 2014

• Locked thread