Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

Melchior posted:

I dont know, it seems pretty whitebread as far as drama goes. new marquisnoir chatlogs would be immensely more entertaining and require a hell of a lot less legwork (both for you and for the readers of this thread)

Devs killed our easy mode button by adding the nullifiers. Means we just have to go back to the older more involved methods. The ERPists won't get any peace with their nullifiers. They're always bags of rage just waiting to pop, we'll just have to get a pointier stick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Cyberball 2072 posted:

For everyone coming back after a long hiatus take note that the base level of excitement related to this game is so low that the above passes for drama, excitement, and entertainment. We really should all quit and take up wood carving or something.

"Some Trek radio DJ said "gently caress AL" on their convention livestream, not knowing the mic was on(referring to Gecko -- they were pissed Priority One got a shout out and not them) and I blew it out of proportion on the forums"

That is the peak of fun to be had in STO. loving think about how lame that paragraph is and how lame that means the actual game is. Anyone that ever had an STO account should feel at least a twinge of embarrassment and shame for having a connection to any of this.
Keep in mind that the base level of excitement is low because there's not much to do in-game right now. The only recent addition is crafting which sucks. And while some of the crafted equipment is nice, it is by no means required. And thanks to the recent dil weekend, many of us have enough unrefined dil for weeks.

The biggest issue is the upcoming expansion. There's a good chance that most equipment will be virtually worthless once MK XIV equipment is out. Until we have more details the only thing that we know won't be a waste of time is saving up dil/farming contra/grinding rep.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

g0del posted:

Keep in mind that the base level of excitement is low because there's not much to do in-game right now. The only recent addition is crafting which sucks. And while some of the crafted equipment is nice, it is by no means required. And thanks to the recent dil weekend, many of us have enough unrefined dil for weeks.

The biggest issue is the upcoming expansion. There's a good chance that most equipment will be virtually worthless once MK XIV equipment is out. Until we have more details the only thing that we know won't be a waste of time is saving up dil/farming contra/grinding rep.

I think it all speaks to a larger problem (which isn't a problem depending on your perspective), we grind infected runs or voth ground thing for dilithium to get newer and better ships which we then use to grind infected and get the next round of ships. The new expansion will hit and we will grind out its content and then use those rewards to do more ISE runs.

But I do realize STO is far from the only game with this problem, but the queues are rather telling, sure you can get a pug group to run viscous cycle or breech but once everyone got their reps up those queues dropped massively.

Although I do have a hard time being able to tell if I feel this way because I've been playing so long and become jaded to the game, there seems to be plenty of other content but I find most of it unfun or tedious.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Cyberball 2072 posted:

I think it all speaks to a larger problem (which isn't a problem depending on your perspective), we grind infected runs or voth ground thing for dilithium to get newer and better ships which we then use to grind infected and get the next round of ships. The new expansion will hit and we will grind out its content and then use those rewards to do more ISE runs.

But I do realize STO is far from the only game with this problem, but the queues are rather telling, sure you can get a pug group to run viscous cycle or breech but once everyone got their reps up those queues dropped massively.

Although I do have a hard time being able to tell if I feel this way because I've been playing so long and become jaded to the game, there seems to be plenty of other content but I find most of it unfun or tedious.

No, you're right -- it's all unfun AND tedious.

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

You'd be distressed too if some pile of bones just told you your favorite hat was stupid.

Tactical Bonnet posted:

Apparently, GoonTrek is dead.

Long Live TheNextGooneration?

Traa@Ansgrim, Klingon Tactical officer.

Quoting myself to make sure it gets seen, but I also have a question that I can't find an answer to with google:

Is there a way to prevent your cloak from dropping every time one of your bridge officers talks to you? It's very annoying when a sudden pop-up of crew chatter knocks me out of stealth and into combat.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Tactical Bonnet posted:

Quoting myself to make sure it gets seen, but I also have a question that I can't find an answer to with google:

Is there a way to prevent your cloak from dropping every time one of your bridge officers talks to you? It's very annoying when a sudden pop-up of crew chatter knocks me out of stealth and into combat.

Well you see, sound carries better in space because there is no air to get in the way so when someone on your ship so much as sneezes the enemy will detect you. It's an old thing that's been around since launch and at this point I don't think they'll ever do anything about it.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Cyberball 2072 posted:

I've only been playing for a little under three months and no, it isn't because you've been playing for too long. There's a dumb amount of repeatable content but only a small amount of that is worth doing/actually played by people. I've got all the reps done and all the ground rep gear sets and some okay space gear and it definitely feels like I have been amassing better gear to do the stuff I've done a million times to amass the gear so that I can-, etc. The borg stuff you feel this the most in.

The game is fun but 9.5 was kind of a bummer and I may have burned out a little trying to get alts ready in time for the dil weekend. Maybe I should just do something different and experience true bij by playing as many foundry missions as possible.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Cyberball 2072 posted:

Well... for better or worse, Star Trek Online is pretty much one of the most super baby casual MMOs out right now. There's absolutely nothing equivalent to the raiding bullshit that's so common in a lot of the competition, and thank loving god, and even the endgame gear grind is completely soloable. And yes, PUG queues count; you may as well be doing missions with dumb NPC AIs half the time. So ultimately you can do everything you "need" to do in the game in five minutes (queue up reps and doff jobs) with maybe an hour or three on the weekends farming marks and crap. Anything more than that and it comes down to how much you like spaceship lasers and running around annoying pubbies with hideous costumes.

And anyway, it's a F2P game. If you're caught up on reps and have all the gear you need and you're not having fun, just stop playing for a while. Not like you're wasting a subscription fee, and the expansion's not out until October so now's as good a time to take a break as any. :v:

Berke Negri posted:

There's a dumb amount of repeatable content but only a small amount of that is worth doing/actually played by people.
This is the bigger problem. Cryptic is absolutely poo poo at balancing time versus reward and there's way too many "useless" queues that reward half or a third as many marks as they should. I mean look at something like Azure Nebula or Storming the Spire or Undine Assault (or whichever one the MOBA is) where it's 20+ minutes for 25-30 marks. Oh boy, a little over a mark a minute, I can't imagine why nobody plays them. :geno:

Tactical Bonnet posted:

Is there a way to prevent your cloak from dropping every time one of your bridge officers talks to you?
Nope! :v: Cryptic's been getting better about it and the newer missions and queues don't have that happen, but they'd have to redo the dialogue triggers for all the old stuff and I imagine they see it as too trivial a complaint to actually spend effort on.

Asimo fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Aug 5, 2014

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Asimo posted:

This is the bigger problem. Cryptic is absolutely poo poo at balancing time versus reward and there's way too many "useless" queues that reward half or a third as many marks as they should. I mean look at something like Azure Nebula or Storming the Spire or Undine Assault (or whichever one the MOBA is) where it's 20+ minutes for 25-30 marks. Oh boy, a little over a mark a minute, I can't imagine why nobody plays them. :geno:
The ideal solution would be to figure out a good mark/minute ratio and set mark rewards based on the average completion time of each mission, with maybe a bonus if it's a mission that many people don't complete (no-win, pug HSE, etc.)

Of course, I'm pretty sure that cryptic doesn't actually have things set up to see what the average completion time is, and even if they did we'd probably end up with ISE runs netting 4 marks instead of making the Azure Nebula give 100.

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3
If they want people to play other stf's they've definitely got to look at the metrics on it. i'm not sure it is a priority, though, as long as people are spending money on the game to buy new (lovely) ships. i've played through a lot of them at least once adn some are very fun but it's just not economical to run them regularly unless the rewards were brought in line with other stfs.

If the crafting system wasnt such a shithouse, people might be more inclined to farm materials from the less popular instances, but as it stands now the poo poo is just not getting played in favor of the same-old.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
That's one of the weird things, run times are kinda hosed. Doing a normal undine assault takes up to an hour (or feels that way) it's not due to difficulty but the raw tedium of killing the planet killer at the end. You spend upwards of 20-30 minutes sitting in place dumping shots into the weak spot while face tanking every blast and missle it ineffectually spits out. There is no challenge, nothing deadly to avoid, it's just a test of patience, "can you sit here long enough to watch the planet killer die before loving off from boredom." It's not something that "getting better at" or practice will improve, I already have top of the line guns so that's not it, it's just an exercise in sitting.

On the other hand ISE is an elite difficulty mission that can be completed in 6 minutes or under on average. This mission is technically more challenging as you have to shoot things in the right order and getting too close to some things could kill you. In fact you could die 3 times in ISE, struggle the whole way and still be done faster than a normal undine assault. None of it makes sense and cryptics idea for an end boss wasn't something challenging or tricky, it's a giant screen filling thing whose best attack may knock 15% off your hull whose only "challenge" is wether you have the fortitude to stick around long enough to see it die.

Cyberball 2072 fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Aug 5, 2014

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Hopefully season 9 and 9.5 feel a little lackluster because they were actually dumping all dev time into Expansion 2. Season 8 seemed kind of a high water mark in terms of the dyson sphere and the battlezones though that may just be because I wasn't around at their launch. But as everyone's said, if they just make it "harder" but ISE will still net you more rewards in 1/10 the time it will still be a problem.

Probably the most challenging thing I've done in the game was when we ran the Borg Queen ground mission, that required a good deal of coordination (though nothing like in other MMOs) but the rewards were the same as doing one of the much easier ground STFs and about the same as running two of the much, much easier space STFs. There isn't much of an incentive to push oneself which is probably why so many people are really bad at this game.

Like why the hell are there even any non-elite STFs as they take about the same time as an Elite but pay out half the reward?

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Doesn't our regular stf group usually finish all the brog space in 3 to 6 minutes each? I guess, it depends on how fresh some of the goons are.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Berke Negri posted:

Like why the hell are there even any non-elite STFs as they take about the same time as an Elite but pay out half the reward?
To give you something to do during the long grind from 46 to 50 :v:

In reality, I think they're supposed to be for new 50s and people who haven't figured out how to handle the elite STFs. But even pubbies who can't figure out how to fit a ship have mostly figured out that if they queue an elite they'll usually get carried, so they really are useless.

CrushedWill
Sep 27, 2012

Stand it like a man... and give some back
I have a bit if a quandary at this point. My space damage blows compared to most (even pubbies) when involved in things like ISE. I'm doing my best to improve the easily identifiable things like weapons (using rom mk xii plasma DHC x3, dyson torp, cutting beam), skills, traits, and anything else I can think of.

Unless somebody can suggest a cardinal mistake that noobs make that I likely have, I'm thinking its time to upgrade either my ship (basic ha'feh now but would like to move to cruiser/whale) or start buying decent space boffs (Roms with sop).

Ant suggestions? I feel like the ignorant shitheel that should be doing better but isn't.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

CrushedWill posted:

I have a bit if a quandary at this point. My space damage blows compared to most (even pubbies) when involved in things like ISE. I'm doing my best to improve the easily identifiable things like weapons (using rom mk xii plasma DHC x3, dyson torp, cutting beam), skills, traits, and anything else I can think of.

Unless somebody can suggest a cardinal mistake that noobs make that I likely have, I'm thinking its time to upgrade either my ship (basic ha'feh now but would like to move to cruiser/whale) or start buying decent space boffs (Roms with sop).

Ant suggestions? I feel like the ignorant shitheel that should be doing better but isn't.

All power to weapons.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

CrushedWill posted:

Post your username@handle so we can point and laugh give suggestions about what to improve first.

CrushedWill
Sep 27, 2012

Tunicate posted:

All power to weapons.

I've done that, but that doesn't mean I haven't missed something basic like that :x

EDIT: Drone1138@reekaro

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

CrushedWill posted:

Are your tactical consoles right with Kahless? Is your weapon energy where it should be (high)?

CrushedWill
Sep 27, 2012

Nessus posted:

Are your tactical consoles right with Kahless? Is your weapon energy where it should be (high)?

I can't log in right now, but tac consoles are crap but at least the right energy type. I prob should look over space traits again.

I plan on upgrading to fleet tac consoles at some point but I think they would run about 200k fc for the 4 of them. I haven't ground that many fc yet.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

CrushedWill posted:

Yeah your gear looks good. You'll want to upgrade to fleet tac consoles at some point and replace those neutroniums with a fleet neautronium with +turn and the Valdore's console. I'd do that before worrying about your turrets which should eventually get upgraded to mk xii's to match the DHC's.

Your boff skills are also fine. You can improve them but you need some doffs to do it. You'd want a debuff cleanse warp core engineer, 2 of the conn officers that reduce attack pattern cooldowns (these are going to be expensive as gently caress though) and 3 damage control engineers. The conn officers let you run tac team, attack pattern delta, crf 2 and APO3 along with tac team, torp spread 2, crf 2 for nearly 100% attack pattern uptime. The damage control engineers let you swap the 2nd EptS for EptW/EptE which gets you more DPS for PVE or speed for PVP with almost no loss in shield healing.

So I'd say that you're good for now. Any improvements are going to cost you money so just keep saving. Also upgrade to superior romulan operative as soon as your budget allows but don't bother with purple doffs. Blues are like 10 mil cheaper and the quality makes no difference outside of ground poo poo and even then it's very little difference.

Edit: You don't have to buy all your tac consoles at once. Just get them as you can afford them.

CrushedWill
Sep 27, 2012

Lagomorphic posted:

Yeah your gear looks good. You'll want to upgrade to fleet tac consoles at some point and replace those neutroniums with a fleet neautronium with +turn and the Valdore's console. I'd do that before worrying about your turrets which should eventually get upgraded to mk xii's to match the DHC's.

Your boff skills are also fine. You can improve them but you need some doffs to do it. You'd want a debuff cleanse warp core engineer, 2 of the conn officers that reduce attack pattern cooldowns (these are going to be expensive as gently caress though) and 3 damage control engineers. The conn officers let you run tac team, attack pattern delta, crf 2 and APO3 along with tac team, torp spread 2, crf 2 for nearly 100% attack pattern uptime. The damage control engineers let you swap the 2nd EptS for EptW/EptE which gets you more DPS for PVE or speed for PVP with almost no loss in shield healing.

So I'd say that you're good for now. Any improvements are going to cost you money so just keep saving. Also upgrade to superior romulan operative as soon as your budget allows but don't bother with purple doffs. Blues are like 10 mil cheaper and the quality makes no difference outside of ground poo poo and even then it's very little difference.

Edit: You don't have to buy all your tac consoles at once. Just get them as you can afford them.

It sounds like tac consoles and valdores are first on the list. Grinding FC should become a whole lot easier as I finish the colony chains and begin to have decent quality doffs roll in for grinding.

Thanks for the feedback, I sincerely appreciate it.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Tactical Bonnet posted:

Apparently, GoonTrek is dead.

Long Live TheNextGooneration?

Traa@Ansgrim, Klingon Tactical officer.

andurilprime posted:

Just getting back in the game now; haven't played it seriously since Dental first started the starbase construction projects. Where should I be jumping in to start again? Also, can I get access to the wiki, so I can puzzle out what the heck I should be doing with the changes to my characters since the last time I played? Username is SA_anduril

Thanks!

Oh yeah -- Lillith@andurilprime fedtac (working on my romtac)

You're both invited to TheNextGooneration and just checking, SA_anduril doesn't exist on the wiki but SA_andurilprime does. That's your name, right?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
RIP NoP fleet ranks.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

DonDoodles posted:

Also, noticed this sig on the forums:

quote:

There was a sig here, but I gave up. Thanks dental trolls!

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=18389481&postcount=120

Anyone know what that's about?

It updated.

quote:

There was a sig here, but I gave up. Thanks {REDACTED}

Thanks based askray.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

With all these new people maybe we should add a "Just started playing: first login" guide to the wiki that has stuff like "Disable lockbox notifications is here" and "Bind your throttle to either your mousewheel or mouse forward/back buttons: here's how: it will seriously keep you from going loving insane in space if you play escorts" and "There's a compact UI button" and "If your resolution is really weirdly hosed up and blurry your game has set itself to 70% res for some reason" and "This is how to turn off on-demand patching" and "No, seriously, go check out the macro page" and "Don't get your hopes up over that auto-loot option" and poo poo like that.

It's possible I went on a bit long there.

Or I guess it could go in the OP's 'Basic Hints' section but who reads and edits that. Plus there's like a million things thanks to this horrible game's design.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Aug 5, 2014

Dirty
Apr 8, 2003

Ceci n'est pas un fabricant de pates

UoI posted:

Even Enterprise was higher voted than DS9 iirc. That's when I lost all faith.

Long ago, when I was a student, we needed a replacement housemate. Back then (and, let's face it, now) I was by no means cool. But this guy who came round to see the house gave off that classic nerdy, greasy air. The kind you can detect just by sight. At some point he volunteered that he was a "trekkie".

Me: "Oh, really?"
Him: "Yes, I've seen every episode of the original series, every episode of The Next Generation and every episode of Voyager so far" (it was 1997). (And yes, he listed each series like that.)
Me: (I had to ask) "Oh. What about-"
Him: "I don't consider Deep Space 9 to be true Star Trek"

The fact that I hadn't said anything to indicate my nerdiness at this point means it's a mystery as to why he even brought it up, but at least I knew that I was a better human being than him.

I bet he voted for Voyager. He's probably running a terrible RP fleet in a personal canon where there is no wormhole. And I don't imagine the game has any shortage of aging nerds like him who have bitter memories of hearing about a station-based show in their beloved universe. I bet he's said "huh, boldly going nowhere, right?" about 5,000 times over the years.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
The fact that they're doing a Voyager expansion is pretty depressing. What I really want is a playable Cardassian \ Dominion faction and the ability to go through the wormhole and into the Gamma Quadrant. It seems like even Cryptic wants to do this but they're giving in to fan demand. :smith:

If you think Voyager is better than DS9 you are dumb, that's a fact.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...
Voyager is more consistent with STO gameplay, however, given the "magic reset button" of respawning, the pitiable strength of the Borg, no persistent ship damage (unless at higher difficulties), and pillaging the loot out of your fallen enemies.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Lorak posted:

Voyager is more consistent with STO gameplay, however, given the "magic reset button" of respawning, the pitiable strength of the Borg, no persistent ship damage (unless at higher difficulties), and pillaging the loot out of your fallen enemies.

And the inability of the engine to have handle all that many ships in a fight.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Gammatron 64 posted:

The fact that they're doing a Voyager expansion is pretty depressing. What I really want is a playable Cardassian \ Dominion faction and the ability to go through the wormhole and into the Gamma Quadrant. It seems like even Cryptic wants to do this but they're giving in to fan demand. :smith:

If you think Voyager is better than DS9 you are dumb, that's a fact.

Yep, I'm just not excited by any of the Voyager crap.

I'm more OK with the level cap raise and Mk XIV gear than I expected I'd be, and the touch-up the Intrepid is getting gives me a (very small) tinge of hope that they'll remodel more of the older, crappier looking ships.

But hey, ten more levels of missions. I'll enjoy those for the three hours it takes to get through them.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
Geko said they considered doing a Cardassian story next, but they thought it would be too similar to the Romulan's story.

He also said that it isn't out of the question that they would be next.

Tuskin38 fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Aug 5, 2014

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tuskin38 posted:

Geko said they considered doing a Cardassian story next, but they thought it would be too similar to the Romulan's story.

You know what wouldn't? Dominion faction.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
There is an audio recording of the panel up on Priority One. The quality is very good.

http://priorityonepodcast.com/po184/

Starts around 19 minutes in, there is an Q&A after as well.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

MikeJF posted:

You know what wouldn't? Dominion faction.

Hell yeah. And have the Cardies rejoin the Dominion you know, because. Plus it gives you a little more variety: Cardassians, Jem'Hadar, Vorta, Changlings, Breen and whatever servant races they conquered. Weren't some Cardassians working with Dominion remnants in STO anyway? I forget, been a while since I played.

I wonder how they would handle the lockbox ships, though. Maybe they'd say those are fleet retrofit versions or something and make weaker, not overpowered versions of the Galor, bugship et. al. for the actual Dominion faction.

GET IN THE ROBOT fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Aug 5, 2014

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Tuskin38 posted:

Still not a reason to not do it

That or have us play as True Way but tying that in with the other factions would be too hard for Cryptic, I imagine.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Gammatron 64 posted:

Hell yeah. And have the Cardies rejoin the Dominion you know, because. Plus it gives you a little more variety: Cardassians, Jem'Hadar, Vorta, Changlings, Breen and whatever servant races they conquered. Weren't some Cardassians working with Dominion remnants in STO anyway? I forget, been a while since I played.

I wonder how they would handle the lockbox ships, though. Maybe they'd say those are fleet retrofit versions or something and make weaker, shittier versions of the Galor, bugship et. al. for the actual Dominion faction.

Yeah. There's a shitload of Dominion races, too, so they could have a variety of ships beyond the Jem'Hadar for variety, say they're calling on their members in this time of need. They can invent a bunch of cool-rear end races and ships freely, we barely saw a fraction of the Dominion.

The Bajoran Wormhole is a huge vulnerability to the Dominion because all of those super-powerful races invading the Alpha Quadrant would be able to leapfrog to the Gamma once they're done mopping up the Feds so they're sending part of their military to reinforce the Alpha Quadrant alliance there bam sensible story explanation.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

MikeJF posted:

The Bajoran Wormhole is a huge vulnerability to the Dominion because all of those super-powerful races invading the Alpha Quadrant would be able to leapfrog to the Gamma once they're done mopping up the Feds so they're sending part of their military to reinforce the Alpha Quadrant alliance there bam sensible story explanation.

There's even existing lore to support this: in one of the dyson sphere missions, you learn that the Iconians have the Founders' world under surveillance and plan to hit the Dominion after they deal with the Alpha and Beta quadrants. A mutual enemy that powerful makes for strange bedfellows indeed.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Cythereal posted:

There's even existing lore to support this: in one of the dyson sphere missions, you learn that the Iconians have the Founders' world under surveillance and plan to hit the Dominion after they deal with the Alpha and Beta quadrants. A mutual enemy that powerful makes for strange bedfellows indeed.

Plus Odo has been osmosing into the other Founders for 35 years now, who knows how much that has affected them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Also, Odo is part of the Great Link, so there's some friendly elements in the leadership structure.

It'd make a great "join your faction" mission too. The feds/klingons are getting their butts kicked by some Iconian pawns, but then you show up and they're like "Oh great :supaburn:" but then you're like "It's cool, Odo sent us :smug:" and you save them.

• Locked thread