Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kilty Monroe
Dec 27, 2006

Upon the frozen fields of arctic Strana Mechty, the Ghost Dads lie in wait, preparing to ambush their prey with their zippin' and zoppin' and ziggy-zoop-boppin'.

Swan Oat posted:

would it be more racist to give obama white chocolate candy or vanilla ice cream?

Cookies 'N Cream would be the worst. Y'know, with the Oreos in it.

...I'll show myself out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

paragon1 posted:

Yeah I'll get right on that Joe. :jerkbag:

You lie.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

My current favorite flavor of ice cream is Coffee and Donuts. Mmm.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I have been trying out various ammonium chloride-flavoured ice creams lately and they're all good.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Wat to embarass us all on national television Joe. :cripes:

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
Thank God Pelosi didn't say that he should have pistachio ice cream. We can't have people making fun of his lizard people heritage.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Wolfsheim posted:

The technology could've been the same cardboard box that Calvin uses to travel through time, that's not really the issue. The company doesn't work because it's nonsensical, and not in a way you're supposed to forget about and just roll with like the time travel paradox argument they use in Looper. If that were the case, you wouldn't have the resolution involving Kirsten Dunst taking down the company as an act of revenge, or Elijah Wood using Jim Carrey's stolen memories to creep on his ex. It tries to add legitimacy to the company's dumb premise and undercuts the actual plot by doing so.

Or, to put it in terms you might connect with a little better; listen fucktard, if you pulled your head out of your rear end you'd realize that I couldn't give two shits about the fake technology or how many pseudoscience explanations they used to make it work, the main problem is that the company, it's employees, and their pointless B-plot either needed to be shoved further in the background and used solely to frame the story, or more effort should've been taken to make those parts less stupid and nonsensical. Maybe you should go back to Intro To Film when your argument basically boils down to "just turn off your brain and enjoy it" :smug:
my advice is actually turn off your brain because it's so full of autism that it can't enjoy a fantasy film without sperging out. now, i could obviously say 'well, the writing in this film didn't manage to engage wolfsheim enough to overcome his crippling autism' and blame it on the film, but it seems pretty unfair to the film when you even fail to understand that the whole memory erasing thing is just a plot device. its details are unimportant, it doesn't have to work.

but that's just the thing - it does work. it makes sense. there are no holes in the logic here, it's just that you don't find it believable. and why don't you find it believable? the procedure and business model is purposefully kept vague (because, ironically, it'd distract from the plot) and based on the glimpses you saw (the index cards) you assume it wouldn't work. but that's 90% you. who knows, maybe normally the person having the procedure done will have told their friends and relatives, and the index cards are there as reminders and to notify people who aren't as close but still see the person enough to accidentally say something. i mean, why not? it's perfectly fair to assume this, given the information we received. but you just went straight for *in the seinfeld voice* 'it makes no sense!'

the problem is that you think the thing about the memory erasing company needs to be shoved further in the background, but you're wrong. not because it deserves attention, but because it's already in the background. it's already there. you obsessing about it is the thing that makes it more prominent than you think it should be.

so my actual actual advice is to focus on the thing you're meant to focus on, on the thing the film's actually about, keep your brain on but don't obsess over unimportant details and watch the film in good faith. or don't and just shut up.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Jerry Cotton posted:

I have been trying out various ammonium chloride-flavoured ice creams lately and they're all good.

Is this that awful salty Swedish candy?

I think that Americans are so obsessed with Ebola because of the movie Outbreak and other works in the genre.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

zoux posted:

Is this that awful salty Swedish candy?

No.

zoux posted:

I think that Americans are so obsessed with Ebola because of the movie Outbreak and other works in the genre.

I'm already mentally prepared to die in the inevitable ebola pandemic because there's no way in hell the Americans aren't going to gently caress up the quarantine somehow.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lol we've already discovered the cure. It's money.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Somebody pile those Eternal Sunshine posts into a text editor so we can put an exact word count to it.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Those people on Pelosi's twitter are stupid besides Obama isn't dark chocolate, he's milk chocolate.

cafel posted:

Maybe she just knows him well enough to know he really likes dark chocolate?

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Aug 5, 2014

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
Note: folks are not covered under the Geneva Convention.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
What about homies?

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Do people still say G's?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Do people still say G's?

Only in Gif.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
As far as lovely ways to go Ebola's pretty high up there.

Sure I'd love to bleed out of every hole after having the worst flu ever.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

If we're talking exotic diseases, hemorrhagic fevers are pretty basic bitch poo poo.

Why do I get the feeling this ad was marked up by a 25 year old woman who thinks that Sex in the City is a feminist work?

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Has anyone read "Economics: A user's guide"? I just saw it on Amazon and I really like Ha Joon Chang's other books.

edit: Question: Let's say I sneak into my neighbor's garage at night and sabotage his used car. A week later he purchases a new car from the dealership. Did I just hurt or help the economy?

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Aug 5, 2014

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Define hurt or help the economy.

Define the economy.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Yeah, I know. I suppose I should ask how would the big three would respond to that?

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Aug 5, 2014

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
I miss 1€ scoops of gelato from Germany

(stracciatella and eggnog gelato are the best)

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
I'm actually kind of glad the I/P thread is closed for a bit.

Pythagoras a trois fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Aug 5, 2014

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

paragon1 posted:

Uploader has not made video in your country? But, but...I live in the USA. Everything's supposed to be available to me :(
This worked for me!

paragon1 posted:

Wat to embarass us all on national television Joe. :cripes:
Not to pick on you, but if you're not using your station as a Congressperson to cat-call the President, I can't believe you really care.

Cheekio posted:

I'm actually kind of glad the I/P thread is closed for a bit.
Gotta quote the way it was closed:

Xandu posted:

Ok, time for a 72 hour ceasefire

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

You know what. I don't like Sriracha and I don't care who knows about it.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
Before I started making my own I'd been using Huy Fong's chili garlic sauce for years, but I've never tried sriracha.:iiam:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's sweet. I don't want my hot sauce to be sweet and it sure as poo poo doesn't complement mexican food. I'll just take my thing of Tapatio tyvm.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
Valentina's where it's at. Basically the same as Tapatio but less salt. Plus it's only like a couple bucks for a giant bottle of the stuff.

Then there's Bufalo.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

zoux posted:

You know what. I don't like Sriracha and I don't care who knows about it.

I don't have any really strong feelings about it in terms of taste. It's just a pepper. But it's annoying that it's suddenly in everything. Did somebody overproduce or something?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I got a little thing of ice cream from Kroger's awhile back that was pretty great.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

zoux posted:

It's sweet. I don't want my hot sauce to be sweet and it sure as poo poo doesn't complement mexican food. I'll just take my thing of Tapatio tyvm.

Wait why would anyone put sriracha in mexican food. Mixing up a sauce of rice wine, soy sauce, sriracha works pretty well for a stir fry or w/e.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

zoux posted:

zoux posted:

mexican food

I found your problem. It's a Thai sauce, I don't know where people got the idea that it's usable as a general hot-sauce substitute.

efb

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I dunno people are like "Put it on everything!!"

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I love strawberry ice cream, but I also love strawberry almost anything. It's my favorite fruit.

So of course it's almost impossible to just find plain strawberry ice cream where I live. The closest I can find is strawberry frozen yogurt, which while okay is still IMO not as good as the ice cream.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

zoux posted:

I dunno people are like "Put it on everything!!"

Yeah but don't write off the sauce just because people have no idea how to mix flavors.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Goodbye I/P thread. THe best I/P DnD thread in recent memory.

:jihad::jewish::wow::downswords::godwinning::getout:

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

zoux posted:

It's really good in marinades. I marinade chicken in it with some oil, salt and red chili flakes and usually make brochettes with onion, peppers and the cubes of chicken.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Gotta quote the way it was closed:

So if somebody breaks the cease fire, does the thread reopen?

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
Sriracha is very good, but it isn't for everything.

Tapatio is a small improvement over Tobasco.

If you want a good all-purpose hot sauce, it's all about Secret Aardvark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
The Chipotle Tabasco is pretty tasty. It's not very hot, but the flavor is very nice. Goes really well on burgers.

• Locked thread