Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Gammatron 64 posted:

You want to talk displays? Well...

Sick nasty display bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Gammatron 64 posted:

Welp, that's me told.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie
Which Devastator is that, Giant?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

revtoiletduck posted:

Which Devastator is that, Giant?

Yep!

DoctorWhat posted:

Welp, that's me told.

When I say I have entirely too many robits I ain't kidding.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Where did you get the shelf, Gammatron?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Captain Magic posted:

Where did you get the shelf, Gammatron?

I got it from Costco about 3 years ago, dunno if they still have them.

Also what's nuts is that I have a lot more than what I posted there. Back at my parents' house in storage I have almost every G1 figure from 84-86 and a sampling of later ones, a bunch of G2, RiD, Machine Wars, every Beast Wars character from the show and random other Beast Wars dudes, and almost every character from Animated that got a toy. What I have in my apartment is probably like... 50%.

It's a little obscene.

I keep telling myself I'm going to sell all my Animated, Prime, Alternators and what little movie stuff I have left but I haven't gotten around to it. I think I'm really going to do it this time. I SWEAR TO GOD I'M GOING TO DO IT! *points a gun at Bumblebee*

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I keep saying to myself that when I get a Masterpiece, that's the definitive version and I never need another, so I should sell the others. With MP Wheeljack around the corner, I know that's not true because I'm keeping Classics Wheeljack because he's drat awesome and Classics Perceptor needs his science bro.

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Aug 5, 2014

Unknownone
Apr 23, 2003

Some stupid 04 bought me this

The_Doctor posted:

I'm keeping Classics Wheeljack because he's drat awesome and Classics Perceptor needs his science bro.

I misread this and thought they were doing a MP Perceptor and got far too excited.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Masterpieces are great and fun and awesome, but most of them have a hard time being "definitive" mostly because of scaling issues. The new small-Yoyager MP cars are largely exempt from this, but MP Soundwave is just too large to fit in with Generations-scaled figures like Tailgate.

That is to say, even if I had an MP Rodimus, I'd still want a new Voyager mold to fill out the Lost Light crew.

But hey, to each their own!

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
From an interview with Hisashi Yuki, designer of MP Megatron...

quote:

- I hear the first Masterpiece figure you created was MP-5 Megatron and you hold the fastest development record with it.
Y: That is right. (*laughs) I was not assigned to be in charge of it initially, but due to the circumstance within the company I was unexpectedly handed down the project. The schedule came with it and I was stunned when I realised that I was only given 12 days, about 2 weeks...To make it worse, at the time of my receiving the task, even the product size wasn't decided. (*tears)
Even more horrifying was the plan of reissuing MP-1 to go with Megatron - simply reissuing him wasn't considered to be appealing enough and it was decided to give him a trailer. That decision was made after the Golden Week (note by Sydney; The Golden Week is a period usually between the end of April to early May which include some public holidays and their makeup holidays) and I was told to come up with a proto (of the trailer) by the end of May, and I designed it in one night. This is how MP-4 Convoy Perfect Edition came into existence. I couldn't shirk my task as the release date had already been set by backward calculation. I really did the best I could though there just wasn't enough time.
As for Megatron, the more I watched him in the cartoon setting the more I wondered how that form could turn into a gun (*laughs) Looking back now, it was such a great effort on my part to have made him into a form within such a short time frame, if I may say so myself.

So there ya have it, MP-05 was super rushed.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Late to the punch but Classics Mirage's waist is real bad.

I have an extra Fracture because I ordered it from HK for 30 and got a factory reject with a paint scuff, so I had to buy another.

I'd sell it at a loss if someone wants it.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

catch22 posted:

From an interview with Hisashi Yuki, designer of MP Megatron...

So there ya have it, MP-05 was super rushed.

Eh, everything is "rushed" according to creative types. I like MP5 more than most but it still had some flaws that should've been addressed during the concept phase.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Wow so there's a 3rd party Captain Shark made by the Citizen Stack guys.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Generations Jetfire is up for preorder on Amazon.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I found a Black Vector Prime at Marshalls of all places with a beat up box. They gave me a discount because of the box's condition

It's interesting and I had no idea a black repaint existed, but the sword it came with is bent because it's made with a soft plastic. Is there anyway to make the sword straight again so it can fit in to the slot in vehicle mode?

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Aug 6, 2014

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

I found a Black Vector Prime at Marshalls of all places with a beat up box. They gave me a discount because of the box's condition

It's interesting and I had no idea a black repaint existed, but the sword it came with is bent because it's made with a soft plastic. Is there anyway to make the sword straight again so it can fit in to the slot in vehicle mode?

I've heard submerging in hot/boiling water can loosen it up so you can straighten it. I've been meaning to try this with my bludgeon sword.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

Is it, like, black and brown? Because apart from that and the Botcon Alpha Trion, the Vector Prime mold had no other redecos.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

DoctorWhat posted:

Is it, like, black and brown? Because apart from that and the Botcon Alpha Trion, the Vector Prime mold had no other redecos.

Yeah it's black and brown.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

Yeah it's black and brown.

That's the Universe (2008) redeco. I'm sure you've noticed by now, but its electronics were gutted from the original.

As an aside - why don't more people check TFWiki for this stuff? Are there still people with weird grudges against Walky?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

DoctorWhat posted:

Are there still people with weird grudges against Walky?
I don't think anyone forgets about tfwiki because of something you are the only person to bring up in months, DoctorWhat.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Spiderdrake posted:

I don't think anyone forgets about tfwiki because of something you are the only person to bring up in months, DoctorWhat.

I don't mean just in this thread, I mean in general.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I got Roadbuster and Skybite from BBTS today. Roadbuste is cool, except mine has loose hips. After I tighten them up, he'll be rad. Skybite is sweet in shark mode and okay in 'bot mode. I don't regret either purchase.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I found the ultimate Transformers :spergin:

quote:

Roadbuster gives me nostalgia too... of being so happy my parents didn't buy him! I got Whirl as a surprise bonus Christmas gift back in '85 along with the other TFs I asked for... and boy was I pissed! I was like why the heck did my parents pick up this guy? He's not even on the cartoon! It could have been worse though, they could have brought me Whirl AND Roadbuster! For the record, I didn't play with Whirl and I didn't give him away either. I didn't want to seem like an ingrate.

quote:

Whirl was an AUTObot with a helicopter alt-mode with no excuse or explanation why he was not an automobile. BIG no no in my book. What's worse is that neither Whirl or his buddy Roadbuster were on the cartoon. When I got new figures they weren't allowed to "play" with the other Transformers until they made an appearance on the cartoon. I had to make sure their personalities and voices were just right or everything would turn out wrong! THIS is the reason why Roadbuster will provide body heat for the shelves all winter! If you're not a UK comic fan you probably don't care about Roadbuster. They shoulda sent this guy over to England or somewhere...

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

The MSJ posted:

Pictured: someone with literally no imagination or initiative.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I like the idea of someone being so slavishly devoted to cross-promotion that the company has to give him permission to enjoy a Christmas present. Stockholm Syndrome for corporate whores or ... Something. I don't really like the modern internet usage of sperg but yeah, I think that guy legitimately has brain problems.

How good or bad is/was Henkei Jetfire?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The MSJ posted:

I can tell by your reaction that you're a blessed soul that doesn't visit TFW2005 often. For your safety I hope you keep it that way.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I saw a Rattrap and Tankor in a Target today, so I guess they're out now. I passed on both, as I don't care about the characters or the molds. They gave the light gray plastic on Tankor a weird green tint for some reason.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Gammatron 64 posted:

Very impressive.

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

This isn’t really anything I think I like.

The MSJ posted:

This isn't Alucard77's post history with such gems as 3rd parties need to tell us what factories they're using and the evils of early bird pricing.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Peter Bazooka posted:

This isn't Alucard77's post history with such gems as 3rd parties need to tell us what factories they're using and the evils of early bird pricing.

No, but his screen name is "1984forever" though.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

The MSJ posted:

roadbuster is cool as poo poo

what a retard

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

ForeverSmug posted:

roadbuster is cool as poo poo

what a retard
True that, I have a complete G1 Roadbuster (including that little radar dish).

Picked up the Megatron two pack today at a toy collectors place. The pack contains the G1 version (with pellets for the gun) and the DOTM movie version. Surprised it was in Australia, since the customs service here get very nasty about importing toy/replica guns.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=32714646&cp=&parentPage=search

MP Prowl's up and in stock.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
If the recent photos are accurate in terms of the final product, Takara's version of Jetfire won't have the hideous red chrome.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

catch22 posted:

If the recent photos are accurate in terms of the final product, Takara's version of Jetfire won't have the hideous red chrome.

Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

The MSJ posted:

No, but his screen name is "1984forever" though.

Ah yes, I've seen him post before. He believes that Transformers became RUINED FOREVER in 1985, when Autobots started turning into jets and Decepticons started turning into cars, which betrayed the very concept of the brand. His screen name is to be taken very literally.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

catch22 posted:

I fuckin' knew it!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Oh neat, right after I lost about $20 in a trade for one.

Oh well, preordered the gently caress out of that new Jetfire.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

I'm pretty sure 1984forever is a troll account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

strangehamster posted:

Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...

Ravages and Steeljaws, living together, MASS HYSTERIA!