Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Hey, you can't stay young forever. He had a good run as a glorious mad god in his youth.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Holy gently caress is that KC? Meth, it's a hell of a drug

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Ether Frenzy posted:

But he did get to have sex with Miss Howard Stern II, so it was worth it.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Speaking of Miss Howard Stern, I wonder what she's up to?

http://www.tmz.com/2012/10/19/miss-howard-stern-andrea-ownbey-arrested-dui-sirius-xm/

wow. what else?

http://thedirty.com/2014/02/remember-miss-howard-stern-andrea/

Poor little Beyonce.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Still one of my favorite KC moments. The Def Leppard one at 1:55 gets me every time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hgl2OUo15Y

He was great for that show.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Ether Frenzy posted:

??

He's just older now..?

Performula
Apr 7, 2009
Yeah, he just looks like some average guy goofing around in a picture. Not sad.

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP
He doesn't look all that bad, just older and he put on a bit of weight.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Streebs posted:

Yeah, but he used to look like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGUvfYFZu7c

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
He's not getting back into the Playgirl mansion looking like that.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

DeadBonesBrook posted:

He's not getting back into the Playgirl mansion looking like that.

Or the Ramrod in Ft. Lauderdale. Or the Manhole in Jacksonville.

Streebs posted:

I had no idea who it was, I thought I wandered into the wrong thread in an entirely different forum.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Some of y'all are in for a rude surprise when you turn 40.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Smeep posted:

Some of y'all are in for a rude surprise when you turn 40.

Seriously, he still has a thin body, just his face is a bit loose, it happens. God drat, if you where alive when KC was on the air you probably look like hammered poo poo too (the years haven't been kind to me, we all age), he still works out at least and most of that looks like a clammy, cold picture with no lighting and a bad angle.

He ain't the muscle god he used to be, but that was like 20 years ago. He was on the show as an intern (college age puts him around 18-20) back in 1997. That was a long, long time ago.

Speaking of which, good lord, I just saw Larry Shandling in Captain America 2, man alive, he got all bloated plastic fish looking and could hardly move his face.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Seriously, I'm only 27 and if you think KC looks bad in that picture at pushing 40 or whatever go look at literally any picture of Artie and try not to collapse into tears of 2nd degree regret.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

AxeManiac posted:

Seriously, he still has a thin body, just his face is a bit loose, it happens. God drat, if you where alive when KC was on the air you probably look like hammered poo poo too (the years haven't been kind to me, we all age), he still works out at least and most of that looks like a clammy, cold picture with no lighting and a bad angle.

He ain't the muscle god he used to be, but that was like 20 years ago. He was on the show as an intern (college age puts him around 18-20) back in 1997. That was a long, long time ago.

Speaking of which, good lord, I just saw Larry Shandling in Captain America 2, man alive, he got all bloated plastic fish looking and could hardly move his face.

Who is Larry Shandling?

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
I'm glad I still find enjoyment in the show. How can you be jaded, yet still care about the shows quality? Makes me cringe.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Mr Hands Colon posted:

Who is Larry Shandling?

He means Garry Sanders.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Mr Hands Colon posted:

Who is Larry Shandling?

My brain, it is falling apart, save me KC, save me!!!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

beep by grandpa posted:

Seriously, I'm only 27 and if you think KC looks bad in that picture at pushing 40 or whatever go look at literally any picture of Artie and try not to collapse into tears of 2nd degree regret.

In the video I posted, you also get early-days Artie in the Superman costume, and it's already funny/sad.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Mr Hands Colon posted:

Who is Larry Shandling?

Tonight Jay welcomes Pameler Anderson, Niggerless Cage and Larry Shandling!

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

hunter x az posted:

I'm glad I still find enjoyment in the show. How can you be jaded, yet still care about the shows quality? Makes me cringe.

This is literally all you ever post in this thread for 5+ years, you seem to hold nothing but contempt for its posters, but you keep coming back. Do you notice a striking similarity? The difference with you is you contribute absolutely nothing to the conversation whatsoever each time you threadshit and run.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

beep by grandpa posted:

This is literally all you ever post in this thread for 5+ years, you seem to hold nothing but contempt for its posters, but you keep coming back. Do you notice a striking similarity? The difference with you is you contribute absolutely nothing to the conversation whatsoever each time you threadshit and run.

The problem is you never have a defensible response. It's annoying but then again I suppose it's the internet. We all know the show isn't in it's golden age anymore, but Howard and the staff have evolved -- the focus has changed. He's more introspective now about about killer interviews. Not bits and games so much -- at least since the Artie days.

I'd love some new roasts, new Richard and sal bits, but I'm content with the content they put out. It's enjoyable in a different way -- because my expectations are different.

Now: GO!

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

LOL, no loving way the show could do roasts now, it's just in a totally different place. The idea itself seems quaint.

You know what? We need to make HowardCon happen. For real. How many loving bronycons are there? We don't need the official Stern name and likeness, we can just have a nerdy con where everyone cosplays as Stern people, and Wolfie can have his own booth instead of walking around.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
Oh I know, I'm just saying what I miss. Even further like dial a date or the wheel of sex or ravaging of staff. He's more chill now I guess is the best way to say it. He's 60 man. It'll end soon though.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

hunter x az posted:

Oh I know, I'm just saying what I miss. Even further like dial a date or the wheel of sex or ravaging of staff. He's more chill now I guess is the best way to say it. He's 60 man. It'll end soon though.

Listen, hunter x az, the show has evolved...

What do you do for a living?

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Yeah, the show has evolved. That's why they call her Wendy the Slow Adult now.

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Yeah, the show has evolved. That's why they call her Wendy the Slow Adult now.

It's weird and sad that I can't tell if you're joking.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

A Keg posted:

They did indeed have Gary and Wendy on to christen the new names but they're always said with a laugh.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Wendy is horrifically disgusting.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

euphronius posted:

Wendy is horrifically disgusting.

YES!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OBhsjWiO5k

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

A Keg posted:

Man, they need to de-tumblrfy the Stern show

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Is ETM still sick, has he been back on the show since his medical hiatus?

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

AxeManiac posted:

Man, they need to de-tumblrfy the Stern show

Can't they make a distinction between the mentally handicapped and retards, not unlike a bit that Chris Rock did once?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Irish Joe posted:

Tonight Jay welcomes Pameler Anderson, Niggerless Cage and Larry Shandling!

Much like Bob Levy writing jokes with words he can't pronounce (or spell), Stuttering John opted to use celebrity names he can't properly say on his fuckin' Tonight Show demo reel.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Kinda off topic but if you are looking for something to listen to check out Gilbert Gottfried's new podcast.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Bonzo posted:

Kinda off topic but if you are looking for something to listen to check out Gilbert Gottfried's new podcast.

Not so off-topic: it was mentioned on the previous page. I haven't gotten to check it out yet -- what's it like? Is it Gilbert in full-steam-ahead Gilbert mode, or is he more conversational?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

prefect posted:

Not so off-topic: it was mentioned on the previous page. I haven't gotten to check it out yet -- what's it like? Is it Gilbert in full-steam-ahead Gilbert mode, or is he more conversational?

So far I've only listened to the Penn Gillette episode but it is pretty much Gilbert being Gilbert with the laughing and the improv between conversations. Based on the guests he's had so far, they talk a lot about the history of stand up comedy.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Bonzo posted:

So far I've only listened to the Penn Gillette episode but it is pretty much Gilbert being Gilbert with the laughing and the improv between conversations. Based on the guests he's had so far, they talk a lot about the history of stand up comedy.

History of stand-up comedy? Yep, I'll be listening to that. :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
I'm not much of a fan of Gilbert, but am of stand up, so might check it out. Thanks for posting.