Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Who the gently caress makes their bed anyway? It is going to get mussed that evening. I just really don't see the point. Who is going to see it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Johnny Aztec posted:

Who the gently caress makes their bed anyway? It is going to get mussed that evening. I just really don't see the point. Who is going to see it?

Brenda Hotlips is the answer to both questions.

The Sezza
Feb 18, 2007

Wanamingo posted:

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Say what you will about how ugly and incompetently drawn this strip is, but to be honest I'm a little impressed that they drew a person who is recognisably of colour, without copping out and just drawing a person with white features and then shading them grey.

I also like that the guy's reaction was genuine concern, instead of not taking it seriously. Maybe these things are kind of ridiculous to notice or care about, but I thought they were nice. :shobon:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.

Aww, Scott's fantasising about his character making a program just for him! How cute :3:

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Just you wait, Phil. Just you wait.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I think the Keanes forgot that they weren't drawing a child. Check out those proportions!

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Aug 5, 2014

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Pidmon posted:

Aww, Scott's fantasising about his character making a program just for him! How cute :3:

He's actually got a startup called CalendarTree, that he's building through a tech investment firm here in Australia. Not my cup of tea though so no idea if its any good.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

No one but YOU.

Maluco Marinero posted:

He's actually got a startup called CalendarTree, that he's building through a tech investment firm here in Australia. Not my cup of tea though so no idea if its any good.

:ssh: I'm saying that Scott Adams is a sexist imbecile who needs to gently caress off and read The Secret until affirms himself broke.

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Pidmon posted:

:ssh: I'm saying that Scott Adams is a sexist imbecile who needs to gently caress off and read The Secret until affirms himself broke.

No argument here.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

RandomFerret posted:

Ballard Street

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLRbJkfn2AY&t=142s

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (May 17, 1927)

Peanuts (August 8, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean

Popeye

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (June 1-2, 1925)

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Jane's World

This is really dragging.

Non Sequitur

Naw, that kind of "enlightenment" never worked for me. There's always a deadline.

Heavenly Nostrils is yesterday's.

Kliban's Cats

9 Chickweed Lane 8/5/2003

The way he did, what I would assume to be, the light on Juliette's hair bugs the hell out of me.

Zits

Aww. Aren't you being a little harsh?

:v:

Kevin & Kell

I want to see if Coney has slaughtered half the herbivores at this point.

As an ex-professional baker ("professional" in that I collected a paycheck. I baked pizza crusts, bread, and soft pretzels), adding too much yeast really doesn't do that. The amount that the dough will rise is sort of self limiting based on its mass. If you leave it rise for too long, it can get rather huge, but you're going to punch it down, and re-knead anyway, so it's really not an issue. That said, too much yeast will sometimes cause the bubbles in the dough to become too large, and no one wants gaping holes in their bread. Unless you're breading a cat.

So yeah, there's my bread story.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Kevin & Kell

[timg]http://i.imgur.com/tBOuFHu.jpg[/timg

The croc in the bright yellow nighty is hilarious.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Kevin & Kell

Hey, the croc-girl doesn't have a human haircut! At least he didn't go that far to make sure people understand she's female.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Mehuyael posted:

Hey, the croc-girl doesn't have a human haircut! At least he didn't go that far to make sure people understand she's female.

Well, she is wearing a bow. I mean, that's not a set of ears there. So that kind of clears it up, too, I guess. God, why do I even care?

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

No one but YOU.
I know it's [Holbrook.gif] but haven't we had a species-swap narrative before where the fact that people DON'T rely on their sense of sight was important?

And now you have a male purebred rabbit hanging out in the place of a female rabbit-wolf hybrid thing?

loving KnK

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Well, she is wearing a bow. I mean, that's not a set of ears there. So that kind of clears it up, too, I guess. God, why do I even care?

Yes, but a bow is actually possible, meanwhile animals having both fur and human hair is really weird and I can't stand it.

What's holding the bow on her head???

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Zits

Aww. Aren't you being a little harsh?
I wonder what she thinks about cats.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Non Sequitur

Naw, that kind of "enlightenment" never worked for me. There's always a deadline.

I really want to punch this cartoon child square in the face.

Cul-de-sac Doesn't work that way (gently caress you, gilchrist.)

The Creeps has begun its new schedule. :smith:

Poptropica is new though, won't we?

Oh, they must have also gotten the news about The Creeps.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Zebulon Nathaniel Jackson or whatever it is would have been way better if it had started with this plot line. It really has something futuristic and cool for the mystery. What's better than a client who's angry that they're NOT dead in a world full of advanced medicine and cloning? I'm actually sorta interested here.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

I never used to like this comic. The whole premise felt too deranged. Then I realised I was looking at it wrong. It's supposed to be deranged.

Now I think of it as a world where the murderous cannibal family from The Hills Have Eyes are considered normal neighbours.

It's a lot more fun to read now.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Classic Prince Valiant

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

I think I remember a storyline where Chatu, the Python, got ebola but survived. The Phantom shouldn't mess around with this dude!

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Concluding the abridged origin of Howard the Duck, etc.

NEXT: TEST--

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

The little "next time" captions at the end of each Mandrake strip lately are hilarious. They always come off as so confused. Sightseeing? :monocle:

The Dinette Set has fun with wordplay and passive-aggression!

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

This is also a reused joke! It was probably many years ago, but the original punchline was making fun of the boss's mother.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Jeremy's Mom, you are a hateful, ignorant person and Maybe You Should Kill Yourself Comix.

Pooch Café

Waiting for the reveal that the collar had nothing to do with any of this, except maybe keeping Poncho from pulling a muscle while lifting those couches. We didn't really see how he did that.

Ballard Street

I imagine most of the voices are saying "Larry Fine called, he wants his hair back."

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

I don't think I've seen a plot this consistently deranged since Clown-9 left us. A sensible ruler, like a woman, who knows better than to interfere with the past to the point that her craft don't touch down, companion to the supreme god-empress of potholes, kidnaps Mandrake and sends his companions into a tizzy. And now everyone lives on the moon.

JaggerMcDagger posted:

This is also a reused joke! It was probably many years ago, but the original punchline was making fun of the boss's mother.

Wife, actually. July 15, 1998.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
To be fair, 16 years is a pretty drat long turnaround on joke reuse.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Pidmon posted:

I know it's [Holbrook.gif] but haven't we had a species-swap narrative before where the fact that people DON'T rely on their sense of sight was important?

And now you have a male purebred rabbit hanging out in the place of a female rabbit-wolf hybrid thing?

loving KnK

They actually smeared him with some scent or whatever to cover up his natural odor, so yes, this was actually thought through, even though everything else is so obviously made up on the fly.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Green Intern posted:

I think I remember a storyline where Chatu, the Python, got ebola but survived. The Phantom shouldn't mess around with this dude!

It was the other way around. Chatu, the Python, gave ebola to the Phantom. I don't remember how he managed that.

Luann

Oh, poo poo, there's a bonus strip today. I guess I'll just...

Far be it from me to tell anybody how to vote. I trust you all know the correct choice here.

(link)

Apartment 3-G

Pros & Cons

Sally Forth

Come on, Faye. Bitching about all the other stupid jobless idiots insisting on making the place you're trying to be in right now crowded is one of the joys of life.

The Amazing Spider-Man

I love you, Newspaper Spider-Man. :)

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Does anyone have the "The Adventures of Rich Guy!" edit from Judge Parker? I'm trying to explain to my friend why that comic is so unintentionally funny.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

CommaToes posted:

Does anyone have the "The Adventures of Rich Guy!" edit from Judge Parker? I'm trying to explain to my friend why that comic is so unintentionally funny.
I specifically remembered this because it taught me "fandabidozi!"

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

http://www.phantomwiki.org/Justice_for_the_Python

The phantom only pretended to have Ebola. Chatu actually got it, but was apparently saved by the Phantom so he could get punched some more. I mean, serve his sentence.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Moving into March, 1988.
Bloom County

Calvin And Hobbes

Ripley's

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Green Intern posted:

http://www.phantomwiki.org/Justice_for_the_Python

The phantom only pretended to have Ebola. Chatu actually got it, but was apparently saved by the Phantom so he could get punched some more. I mean, serve his sentence.

It also gave is this

Edit: I can't find the first part :shrug:

Aleph Null fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Aug 5, 2014

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Aleph Null posted:

It also gave is this

<snip>

Edit: I can't find the first part :shrug:

Never send a collector to do a hoarder's work...

flappin fish
Jul 4, 2005

ZeeToo posted:

Wife, actually. July 15, 1998.

Also July 11, 2001.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

EasyEW posted:

Never send a collector to do a hoarder's work...

Haha, I was just thinking about those edits the other day and wondering how the hell I could find them again.

• Locked thread