Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I thought he was talking about Avdol's hands, something nobody at all would ever piece together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I think they were referring more to the fact that it looks kinda like his Part V self. Anubis possessing Polnareff would have him with two swords.

Yes, that's what threw me off. The part of Silver Chariot covering his right eye, especially.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I think they were referring more to the fact that it looks kinda like his Part V self. Anubis possessing Polnareff would have him with two swords.

The anubis bit is me talking about the other fanart that got posted with Polnareff and his stand holding anubis. Nobody's going to look at that and be able to say "oh man you just spoiled for me that Polnareff gets possessed by a stand that is connected to an ancient egyptian sword!"

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Alls I know is I accidentally spoiled part of the final fight, and I stopped posting in that thread because who wants to NOT talk about how rad that fight is?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
The OVA did a few things very right: Jotaro's voice actors, the Kakyoin and D'arby fights, and the final battle.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
I hope there isn't much overlap between the Adventure Time and Stardust Crusaders threads because some idiot spoiled The World there a month back. :ughh:

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
When people say "part 3 gets better" to the viewers unimpressed by the animu, they're right, but it's hard to keep quiet about amazing poo poo like D'arby and Vanilla Ice and Dio that we know is going to blow everyone's minds.

There have been some undeniably great moments like Hol Horse and J. Geil killing Abdul, though. I'd still rather watch Stardust Crusaders than anything else on TV right now.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Star Platinum posted:

I hope there isn't much overlap between the Adventure Time and Stardust Crusaders threads because some idiot spoiled The World there a month back. :ughh:

Za warudo has been an internet meme for almost a decade dude

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Soulcleaver posted:

When people say "part 3 gets better" to the viewers unimpressed by the animu, they're right, but it's hard to keep quiet about amazing poo poo like D'arby and Vanilla Ice and Dio that we know is going to blow everyone's minds.

There have been some undeniably great moments like Hol Horse and J. Geil killing Abdul, though. I'd still rather watch Stardust Crusaders than anything else on TV right now.

Yeah, Stardust Crusaders is great all the way through, but if you aren't liking it now the parts that rally ramp up in a way that's different from what's already happening is awhile into it.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

WickedHate posted:

Yeah, Stardust Crusaders is great all the way through, but if you aren't liking it now the parts that rally ramp up in a way that's different from what's already happening is awhile into it.
I've been watching all of Jojo with my roommate who was completely unfamiliar with the series and all I say about future events in part 3 is "yes they eventually fight Dio, and it is the greatest thing." He is still enjoying it at the moment, though.

And I told him about Bohemian Rhapsody and Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap. I hope they animate those some day, copyright law be damned.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

I have to say I'm enjoying Part 3 in the anime more than I enjoyed it in the manga. It's still my second to least favorite part, but if the latter half of the anime will be as well done as the first I might change my mind about it.

I originally knew literally nothing about Jojo beyond "Za Warudo" and the steamroller bit before I started reading it and it didn't ruin my enjoyment so I wouldn't worry about people being spoiled about DIO.

I really want to see the Heavy Weather fight and the final battle of part 6 animated more than I want Bohemian Rhapsody, but D4C probably trumps both of them because both the whodunnit part and the Love Train are incredible.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Za warudo has been an internet meme for almost a decade dude

Amusingly, Star Platinum's version of it is pretty obscure.

A Meat posted:

I originally knew literally nothing about Jojo beyond "Za Warudo" and the steamroller bit before I started reading it and it didn't ruin my enjoyment so I wouldn't worry about people being spoiled about DIO.

Same here, only when Dio first turned into a vampire and went "Wryyyy", I immediately knew who he was.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Star Platinum posted:

I think after 22 years it should be okay to casually talk about events in a story. Keep the anime thread spoiler-free, sure, but it's pretty silly to expect the world to accommodate you when you're two decades late to the game.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

a cartoon duck posted:

it's pretty silly to expect THE WORLD to accommodate you

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think it should be that spoilers are okay for every JoJo series besides JoJolion. I mean even steel ball run is at least three years old now.

But what do I know personally I'm not someone that gives a poo poo about spoilers because a good story isn't ruined by knowledge of a certain event in it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I just realized I have no real idea what happened to Secco. Did he die or not?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He got the poo poo killed out of him and fell into the same trash truck that Cioccolatta did.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Beef Waifu posted:

He got the poo poo killed out of him and fell into the same trash truck that Cioccolatta did.

It really does not look like that.

It sort of just looks like in fell in the truck and was driven away. There is nothing to suggest it killed him.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
His legs going limp combined with his prior injuries does not tell you he is dead?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Beef Waifu posted:

His legs going limp combined with his prior injuries does not tell you he is dead?

He was not that injured his ear drums were destoryed. Plus when you fall like that your legs will hang over the edge. It's just not very clear.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
It also looks like he's getting trash compacted the gently caress out of.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Where does the fandom calling Dio "Padre" come from?

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

WickedHate posted:

Where does the fandom calling Dio "Padre" come from?

If that's a thing, and I've never heard of it before, it's probably because he mentored Pucci.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

I've only ever seen him called "Padre" in fanart by Giorno, I figured it was because...Italian. Didn't realize the fandom called him that outside of that context, though.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

melodicwaffle posted:

I've only ever seen him called "Padre" in fanart by Giorno, I figured it was because...Italian. Didn't realize the fandom called him that outside of that context, though.

Ah, see, I never really knew what exactly padre means until now, but yeah, that must be it.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Hey guys I'm watching the anime and have never read the manga but don't really mind spoilers since Jojos has been getting spoiled in one form or another since I played the fighting game on Dreamcast.

Part 7 and 8 are a whole new universe? So basically the current Jojo arc actually "ends" in Part 6?

I imagine the anime is doing well enough that they'll continue past part 3 but who knows.

And yeah I also knew about Dio going ZA WARUDO and screaming way before I understood that Jojo refers to a bunch of different people but if anything it just makes me more excited

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Part 7 and 8 are a whole new universe? So basically the current Jojo arc actually "ends" in Part 6?

Basically, yeah. Part 7 has several references to and cameos from Parts 1 and 2, but it's basically self-contained. Part 8 however expects you to be familiar with Part 4's setting, characters, and the JoJo bloodline as a whole.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

a cartoon duck posted:

Basically, yeah. Part 7 has several references to and cameos from Parts 1 and 2, but it's basically self-contained. Part 8 however expects you to be familiar with Part 4's setting, characters, and the JoJo bloodline as a whole.

You don't actually need to know any of that for part 8, but it adds more to the enjoyment if you do.

CaptainFish
Mar 31, 2011

It's Psy-Crow my mortal Enemy! I swear my soily vengeance upon him and his fowl ilk!
So, does Joseph have several spare hands? It seems like it's always getting messed up in fights, and would be hard to fix. Maybe it just get tied in with all the other in between fight healing that happens.

Professor Cthulhu
Jul 14, 2007

I got my Associate degree at Miskatonic Community College.

CaptainFish posted:

So, does Joseph have several spare hands? It seems like it's always getting messed up in fights, and would be hard to fix. Maybe it just get tied in with all the other in between fight healing that happens.

The Speedwagon Foundation meets them between every episode to fix Joseph's hand.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Polnareff shouldn't be able to walk right with his ankle gone. Also his tongue should have a giant hole. Kakyoin got like all his blood punched out by Jotaro back in the beginning. Everyone's blood circulation is filled with 100% gasoline thanks to Wheel of Fortune.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
rereading part 4, I forgot how kira is sort of horseshit with how whenever he's about to get owned he just gets another new power or otherwise bullshits himself out of the scene so they can waste everyone's time some more

I mean drat, those kira chapters are some of the best written stuff araki has ever done, but it still leaves a sour taste in my mouth

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

darealkooky posted:

rereading part 4, I forgot how kira is sort of horseshit with how whenever he's about to get owned he just gets another new power or otherwise bullshits himself out of the scene so they can waste everyone's time some more

I mean drat, those kira chapters are some of the best written stuff araki has ever done, but it still leaves a sour taste in my mouth

You could say it's

Sheer Horse poo poo

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

darealkooky posted:

Someone mentioned way back that it makes more sense if you see Kira's power as "protecting his identity," as opposed to just making stuff blow up.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah, Kira's abilities manifest as a way for him to protect himself just due to how much he doesn't want to get caught. It does get silly when he breaks out an invincible heat seeking bomb and the ability to rewind time, but dang if it's not cool.

How Another One Bites The Dust works exactly still confuses me though

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Butt Ghost posted:

Someone mentioned way back that it makes more sense if you see Kira's power as "protecting his identity," as opposed to just making stuff blow up.

On the flip side, I love the idea that the logical extreme of Killer Queen's explosion power is the power to blow up time itself.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Moltrey posted:

How Another One Bites The Dust works exactly still confuses me though

It seems to work two ways over the course of the manga.

1. Originally, Bites the Dust attaches itself to Hayato, which causes Killer Queen to no longer be summonable by Kira unless he retracts it. For as long as Kira leaves Killer Queen on a non-Stand using target, anyone who gets information about his identity from that target is blown up and killed. Time is then reset to the morning of that day/time of the implant of Bites the Dust(?). Any deaths that occurred before the reset are destined to happen and cannot be prevented even if the person Bites the Dust is attached to does things differently. The only way to prevent these deaths would be to have Kira withdraw Killer Queen from whomever he has implanted it into, canceling out Bites the Dust's effect. Additionally, only the person that Killer Queen is attached to retains memories of before the reset.

2. Kira can implant Bites the Dust in himself and tell everyone who he is, blowing them up and sending him back in time. He retains his memories of before the reset.

ASB seems to combine both of these aspects of his skill.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Kira starting to get all cocky around a wounded Jotaro before getting smacked down himself was pretty awesome.

BingeHooligan
Dec 24, 2010
I think my favorite part of Part 4 is when Koichi is in disbelief at the possibility of Kira having two stands with Sheer Heart Attack. As if he doesn't have two "acts" to his stand at that very moment. Then he gets a third one! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

BingeHooligan posted:

I think my favorite part of Part 4 is when Koichi is in disbelief at the possibility of Kira having two stands with Sheer Heart Attack. As if he doesn't have two "acts" to his stand at that very moment. Then he gets a third one! :v:

Kill da bitch!

Act 3 owned.

• Locked thread