Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Goofballs posted:

On a related note I've been practising a smoke on dust 2 from coming out of ct spawn to double doors on long a that pops more less the moment after you can peek that corner on the right but I'm not sure its worthwhile. A better thrower than me can it right in the doors which is awesome but I can only get it to block from like the barrel to the big blue dumpster. You can definitely cross into pit with it so you can have a crossfire going with the dude who stays on the corner but on the other hand they can get out the door for sure too. What I've been finding in the soloqueues is the corner guy will leave and let you get murdered alone in the pit if he can't peak the door opening directly so its been kind of a mixed bag because being in really early is sweet especially if they decide to push the smoke at all but it doesn't matter if the guy leaves because then they smoke the corner and jump in with you. Not really sure if its worth doing

Describe it. Do you throw on it the run?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

bpower posted:

The throws been around for a while. If you know the throw as Terrorist when you're taking long that smokes the CT cross, this smoke is pretty much the direct counter. To the left of Long A (as a CT) there's a building with (I believe) 9 windows, if you do a running jump throw off that building, you can get the smoke to land right in front of double doors. It's very handy, but jump throws are hard to do consistently.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

wow the Pick Em thing looks really dumb..I was excited then deflated when I saw the stickers being $1+. Anyone know if that burns and I have to buy another for the next round?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I opened two capsules and got a foil dignitas which I sold for like 3.50 and then a regular NiP so I hope they don't burn.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Salt Fish posted:

I opened two capsules and got a foil dignitas which I sold for like 3.50 and then a regular NiP so I hope they don't burn.

they don't, If i actually read you can use them multiple times.

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

http://imgur.com/a/kHkcb

That is what you are playing for.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Goop posted:

http://imgur.com/a/kHkcb

That is what you are playing for.

that looks...loving awful.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
This is what CS is all about.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Wezlar posted:

What commands/mods/maps do people use for stuff like this so they can practice and see grenade paths etc?

map de_inferno
bot_kick
mp_limitteams 0
mp_roundtime 900
sv_cheats 1
sv_infinite_ammo 1
sv_grenade_trajectory 1
sv_grenade_trajectory_thickness 100
sv_showimpacts 1

bind w toggle noclip

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Salt Fish posted:

Do the capsules drop or can they only be purchased?

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
Skills weren't carried over from Wex to the new server, right? The only reason I ask is because I was playing yesterday and noticed I was down to a paltry 1,200 points or so. Not a huge deal, as no one seemed to recognize me and I had a lot more fun being the newbie on the team, including making mcvey mad at video games. :vince:

edit: Just read OP in PGS. That explains it. Pengy removed me from friends, too. Now I'm a starcraft: ghost when I play with goons.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Goofballs posted:

sv_cheats 1
sv_grenade_trajectory 1
sv_infinite_ammo 2
give weapon_smokegrenade
give weapon_hegrenade
give weapon_molotov
give weapon_flashbang

if you want the CT fire its
give weapon_incgrenade

On a related note I've been practising a smoke on dust 2 from coming out of ct spawn to double doors on long a that pops more less the moment after you can peek that corner on the right but I'm not sure its worthwhile. A better thrower than me can it right in the doors which is awesome but I can only get it to block from like the barrel to the big blue dumpster. You can definitely cross into pit with it so you can have a crossfire going with the dude who stays on the corner but on the other hand they can get out the door for sure too. What I've been finding in the soloqueues is the corner guy will leave and let you get murdered alone in the pit if he can't peak the door opening directly so its been kind of a mixed bag because being in really early is sweet especially if they decide to push the smoke at all but it doesn't matter if the guy leaves because then they smoke the corner and jump in with you. Not really sure if its worth doing

That smoke can be useful as long as 1: you get to peek the door for a split second and 2: you're not inside the smoke when it pops.

That way you can try to kill the guy going for the pick and you/your teammate can cross to pit.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Are molotov and incendiary grenade fires different? Do they bounce differently?

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

kaschei posted:

Are molotov and incendiary grenade fires different? Do they bounce differently?

Incendiaries can be thrown further and faster than molotovs. I don't think molotovs bounce, either, but I might be wrong. The only other difference is the price. Personally, I never use molotovs unless I pick them up off of a body. You're better off upgrading your pistol than you are buying a molotov on T side. The only time I think they're useful is if you're 1v1+ with the bomb planted and time's close to running out. You can flame the bomb, but that's about it.

edit: I'm wrong about bouncing molotovs, apparently. Wide angles will let you bounce it once, but if you throw at a narrow angle, it'll just explode on impact.

edit 2: There are a few nuances in this video I didn't know about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbDkyndlQGk

Incendiary nades do more damage to armor, while molotovs penetrate armor and do more health damage. Still, I think you're better off buying a P250/CZ instead of blowing money on a molotov.

That's what you get when you spend $400 on a bottle of alcohol and a rag.
vvvvvvv

Bloodplay it again fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Aug 6, 2014

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS
It's stupid that you can just prime a molotov and sit there, the poo poo should blow up in your hand after a few seconds.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

whoknew posted:

If you'd like we can talk about getting stats set up so that your server appears as another one on sub.io. Let me know.

this would would be good as gently caress

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

That ESL pick em poo poo is retarded by the way.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

down with slavery posted:

It's stupid that you can just prime a molotov and sit there, the poo poo should blow up in your hand after a few seconds.

No, the flame has no way to make it inside the bottle. Molotovs 'explode' on impact because the glass breaks and the liquid spills all over the burning rag.

Until you throw it, all you have is a dodgy-rear end paraffin lantern.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

down with slavery posted:

Did you ever use a molotov you stupid motherfucker piece of poo poo?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I AM BRAWW posted:

can we make this the new thread title

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

I AM BRAWW posted:

I'm going to step out on a limb here and say no.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

Until you throw it, all you have is a dodgy-rear end paraffin lantern.

Load into a game as a terrorist, buy a molotov, hold down the button and tell me that flame would not advance. I mean maybe the poo poo wouldn't blow up but it's goddamn stupid that the fire just sits there. Also, while we're on the topic, please make the middle mouse button throw a knife and double the damage of all he grenades.

edit. oh and add a samurai sword skin for the knife

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
I want a buyable throwing knife. Replace lovely tazer for awesome throwing knife.

Maybe a tomahawk??

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Texibus posted:

Where do you guys guy for your CS stats? Is CSgo-stats.com pretty accurate?

Stats are about as important as rank.

i.e. not at all

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

GG 'Not Heaton'.

Ephedra
Jan 5, 2010

Fight

->Jump<-

Item
lovely goon ace.

First video is just without ghost outlines. (Forgot to render them together.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh9qAJmaF4g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usQ6B70I8B4

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

bpower posted:

Its like what coleman was saying. You run from ct and throw when next to elevator while lining up your crosshairs with the left side of the bottom 2 windows. The jump will make it hit a bit below the sign the best result I can get. The way it works out for me is you can easily cross into pit with it because the smoke will go over the barrel handily or they will have such a small sliver to aim through they aren't making that shot outside the ultra high ranks. People who can do it better can get it right into double doors which is amazingly good because if they come out it means they are full blind and full of m4 bullets. The t version basically lands in the top of ct mid between elevator and the wall so you cross safely without getting awped from mid. Its a bit deeper into the space if you know what it mean

Anyway i thought it was worth asking about because I hate playing long a and I regularly end up doing so because other people end up calling the other spots, everyone wants to get that b spraydown, or insisting they are going to play there anyway and having an argument with some thick accented eastern European who thinks winning or losing arguments is related to cock size just isn't worth my patience or abandoning long completely because the second guy will leave immediately when he runs down looking at the flash or is denied a look at the awper who is going to decapitate him. Mega bad vibes in europe. Comparatively getting matched up on american servers is much nicer because people are generally easy going, don't backseat game you and don't bitch constantly when dead. I've never heard an american child playing cs which is just super.

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Aug 6, 2014

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Goofballs posted:

Comparatively getting matched up on american servers is much nicer because people are generally easy going, don't backseat game you and don't bitch constantly when dead. I've never heard an american child playing cs which is just super.
I'm going to guess this is because you play at a late hour U.S. and somehow manage to avoid the psycho 24/7 cs players. Because I hear (literal) children all the time during eastern primetime.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I 100% believe in matchmaking luck when soloqueuing or with 2 people. You are totally playing roulette. Yesterday in the course of like 3 games we got matched with some Romanian child and some angry drunk from moldova, then against a lem with his "silver" friend and then as a bunch of novas we got to fight a few double aks. Today apart from in the goonman I got to play against a guy who could see through walls and smoke then spray a deagle at max firerate while running and hs 3 people. Then we got a smurf who was officially nova 4 who made the cheater look like a chump. He had legit stone cold solid aim and was really smart. However the day before yesterday things were fine and had some even fun games with a few blowouts in our favour. The day before that we were on the rough end of things but it wasn't unfair.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Goofballs posted:

I 100% believe in matchmaking luck when soloqueuing or with 2 people. You are totally playing roulette. Yesterday in the course of like 3 games we got matched with some Romanian child and some angry drunk from moldova, then against a lem with his "silver" friend and then as a bunch of novas we got to fight a few double aks. Today apart from in the goonman I got to play against a guy who could see through walls and smoke then spray a deagle at max firerate while running and hs 3 people. Then we got a smurf who was officially nova 4 who made the cheater look like a chump. He had legit stone cold solid aim and was really smart. However the day before yesterday things were fine and had some even fun games with a few blowouts in our favour. The day before that we were on the rough end of things but it wasn't unfair.

I think the effect of this is really dampened at higher levels.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

kaschei posted:

I'm going to guess this is because you play at a late hour U.S. and somehow manage to avoid the psycho 24/7 cs players. Because I hear (literal) children all the time during eastern primetime.

I had a 12 year old calling me a "punk bitch human being friend of the family" for about 30 minutes yesterday when he was dead. He was actually constructive while alive so I didn't want to block him but gently caress that pubescent little bitch.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Virigoth posted:

I had a 12 year old calling me a "punk bitch human being friend of the family" for about 30 minutes yesterday when he was dead. He was actually constructive while alive so I didn't want to block him but gently caress that pubescent little bitch.

I don't give a gently caress how constructive or how much of a team-player people like this are, soon as I hear that poo poo they're muted. Makes the game way more enjoyable, especially when you consider that if you do something dumb or gently caress up, they're probably gettin apoplectic at you but who cares? Not you, cause you dont have to listen to it anymore!

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Really sucks getting into an mm and then realize your team doesn't give any shits, buys every round, and pushes everything. Why do I mm aloooooooone?

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Bitches ain't shit but genejacks & synths

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Really sucks getting into an mm and then realize your team doesn't give any shits, buys every round, and pushes everything. Why do I mm aloooooooone?
I know how you feel man, I know how you feel.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Thom P. Tiers posted:

It was me, I bought an auto-shottie and rushed banana every round.

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

Logan 5 posted:

I don't give a gently caress how constructive or how much of a team-player people like this are, soon as I hear that poo poo they're muted. Makes the game way more enjoyable, especially when you consider that if you do something dumb or gently caress up, they're probably gettin apoplectic at you but who cares? Not you, cause you dont have to listen to it anymore!

I guess I'm weird, because I don't mute anyone ever unless they're mic spamming lovely music. I love this ragey poo poo. I feed off of it. Give me more! What's the point in playing a multiplayer game if you can't enjoy someone else's misfortune??

ruarc
Oct 22, 2008

what
The pickem thing: I bought cheap fnatic and NiP stickers. Did I make good choices? I want to play this a little, but don't want to throw a poo poo ton down on team sticks.

Edit: I got a holo of the Bear logo team from a capsule, and I sold it to cover part of the costs.

ruarc fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Aug 6, 2014

goatrope
Feb 24, 2007
Hey boys~!

I've started streaming some Master Guardian Elite (double AK) ranked matchmaking if you want to come watch on my stream. :)

Here's the link: http://www.twitch.tv/annymouse

Be sure to drop me a line in the chat, so I can say hi to you!

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Fauxshiz posted:

I guess I'm weird, because I don't mute anyone ever unless they're mic spamming lovely music. I love this ragey poo poo. I feed off of it. Give me more! What's the point in playing a multiplayer game if you can't enjoy someone else's misfortune??

Oh, don't get me wrong: if someone is raging in a hilarious way I'll egg that poo poo on and laugh at them, which only makes them angrier usually. But if I can tell if someone is going to be super annoying to even listen to one word out of their wouths (aka 12, spewing poo poo, whiney as hell, wont shut the gently caress up) then I'll mute them without blinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

goatrope posted:

Hey boys~!

I've started streaming some Master Guardian Elite (double AK) ranked matchmaking if you want to come watch on my stream. :)

Here's the link: http://www.twitch.tv/annymouse

Be sure to drop me a line in the chat, so I can say hi to you!

Is this going to be the new goatshow?

• Locked thread