Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

That's doooooooooooope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Also depends on if Liefeld remembers.

Also if you look at his other pics he did the light up eye on the other side, so yeah, he's dedicated.

But in any case, he did it right. Cable's right eye has scars. His left eye is a robot.

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll
And I thought four Batman tattoos was bad.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

sleepingbuddha posted:

Why would someone get a tattoo of four Batmans? Batmen?

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Bruce, Dick, Damian, and Superman dressed up as Batman. Sounds right to me.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

No Azreal?

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Unlike DC, I try to forget as much about the 90's as possible.

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

Dr. Hurt posted:

Bruce, Dick, Damian, and Superman dressed up as Batman. Sounds right to me.

Never thought of it this way, but this is what I'm going with. Azbats is next.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
That kind of body mod isn't really my thing, but it does look kind of dope. It's dorky because he's making himself look like Cable, but I think that even people aware of Cable would actually not make the connection. I would actually rather do that to my face than get the Bat-logo or the Joker's face tattooed on me.

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

gently caress off, prick.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Is it wrong that I thought this was Shatterstar and not Cable?

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

sleepingbuddha posted:

gently caress off, prick.
I'm sorry dude. I actually breezed over your posts and my examples weren't intended as a knock against you. Those sort of tattoos aren't really my thing and yes that comic is how I would react if I woke up with one of them, but gently caress me and more power to you.

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

I did think that was directed at me. I apologize for my crassness.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

sleepingbuddha posted:

I have two Superman tattoos myself (Bizarro logo on my left shoulder and later Superman logo on the right just to balance it out). I meant to get more, but people keep saying that getting a hammer and sickle permanently sketched onto my skin is a bad, bad idea and if I can't get that one, then what's the point of continuing?

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Am I the only one who right he was going for Herr Starr?

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Gavok posted:

I have two Superman tattoos myself (Bizarro logo on my left shoulder and later Superman logo on the right just to balance it out). I meant to get more, but people keep saying that getting a hammer and sickle permanently sketched onto my skin is a bad, bad idea and if I can't get that one, then what's the point of continuing?

Do whatever the gently caress you want. If it bothers you, put it somewhere that people can't generally see.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

omnibobb posted:

Do whatever the gently caress you want. If it bothers you, put it somewhere that people can't generally see.

You've set someone up for a virginity joke so I'm spoiling the opportunity.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Like right by your junk GODDAMMIT RHYNO

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

RevKrule posted:

Is it wrong that I thought this was Shatterstar and not Cable?

He should have gone for Herr Starr.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Gavok posted:

Getting a hammer and sickle permanently sketched onto your skin is THE BEST idea

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

As long as we're on the subject, by any chance does anyone know a tattoo artist in the greater Boston area that's good with comic book stuff? I've been wanting to get my Jack Kirby Captain America tattoo done for a while but I'm nervous that if I go to the wrong guy he'll come out looking like a monkey. I wanna get someone that can do the Kirby style.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

As long as we're on the subject, by any chance does anyone know a tattoo artist in the greater Boston area that's good with comic book stuff? I've been wanting to get my Jack Kirby Captain America tattoo done for a while but I'm nervous that if I go to the wrong guy he'll come out looking like a monkey. I wanna get someone that can do the Kirby style.

Your best bet is start visiting shops and seeing what some artists are capable of. You might run across a guy who can do everything you want and not see it in his posted work.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Your best bet is start visiting shops and seeing what some artists are capable of. You might run across a guy who can do everything you want and not see it in his posted work.

:effort:

I've been to many of the shops around here and know many of them do good work, I was just wondering if anyone knew of any dudes around here good with that specific style.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

:effort:

I've been to many of the shops around here and know many of them do good work, I was just wondering if anyone knew of any dudes around here good with that specific style.

Do you have the piece laid out in your head? Or better yet, using a Kirby piece as the source?

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Do you have the piece laid out in your head? Or better yet, using a Kirby piece as the source?

Yeah it's just Cap from the cover of Avengers #4.

I had a great piece done for a very reasonable price a couple years ago at Pino Bros. in Cambridge so I could just take it to them and see what they could do with it. But, like I said, this specific style seems like something of a specialty.

I'd also probably have better luck asking in the GBS tattoo thread, if there still is one of those.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I had a great piece done for a very reasonable price a couple years ago at Pino Bros. in Cambridge so I could just take it to them and see what they could do with it. But, like I said, this specific style seems like something of a specialty.

I'd also probably have better luck asking in the GBS tattoo thread, if there still is one of those.

Maybe ask in the Creative Convention?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Bryan Lee O'Malley's "Seconds" is really good. Discuss.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I was really hoping it'd be the Cap image from your old avatar :allears: .

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh speaking of avatars, I'd like a good Rocket pic for one. I just want mostly his head, but I can crop it. Anyone have any suggestions (nothing drawn by Pelletier).

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

zoux posted:

Oh speaking of avatars, I'd like a good Rocket pic for one. I just want mostly his head, but I can crop it. Anyone have any suggestions (nothing drawn by Pelletier).

Here is one by one Mike Mignola

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Waterhaul posted:

I was really hoping it'd be the Cap image from your old avatar :allears: .

Don't think I haven't considered it

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
The thread for good tattoos is in YLLS these days.

The thread for bad tattoos (and gross fungal infections) is in PYF.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The Humble BOOM! Bundle is pretty amazing.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

There's an SoA book?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

There's an SoA book?

And it's every bit as terrible as you'd expect.

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

Did Kurt Sutter throw a tantrum when it didn't get nominated for an Eisner?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

sleepingbuddha posted:

Did Kurt Sutter throw a tantrum when it didn't get nominated for an Eisner?

No because "comics are for faggots." SOmeone claimed Sutter said this but I can't find any proof.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Rhyno posted:

No because "comics are for faggots." SOmeone claimed Sutter said this but I can't find any proof.

Probably shouldn't be repeating it then.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Not when there's already plenty of examples that prove Kurt Sutter is illiterate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I'm employed again, and that means it's time to buy more fuckin' comics! I decided that I want to finish getting caught up on Berserk and it turns out In Stock Trades is the best loving thing in the world. Eight dollars, each, for fifteen dollar volumes? Hell yes, even with shipping it's still barely more than 2 books from Amazon.

This place owns.

• Locked thread