Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

hemale in pain posted:

Is there any really good must have Meridian4 games I should get? I was thinking of picking up Haegemonia just out of nostalgia
Scratches, though its got of the some old adventure game problems (Bad pixel hunting at times and some obtuse puzzles) but the atmosphere and writing make up for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

RBA Starblade posted:

The Expendabros just sold me on Broforce, whenever it leaves EA. Though it's kind of annoying that every time you save someone your character switches, which can screw you over depending on what you need.

If you're sold on it, buy it. I don't even know why it's in early access anymore the game is pretty much done.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

mr. nobody posted:

If you're sold on it, buy it. I don't even know why it's in early access anymore the game is pretty much done.

What's left to finish? I avoid EA as a matter of course.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

RBA Starblade posted:

What's left to finish? I avoid EA as a matter of course.

Mostly just more levels and characters. Some of the current modes need some polish too, though.

It's a fair sized game already and the base is solid.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

mr. nobody posted:

They've got a LOT left to add. They've got a whole new set of environments and alien enemies to add still, and there's a pretty big list of characters they're still working on.

The gameplay itself is mostly worked out at this point, it's just content (tilesets, enemies, levels) that they're developing now.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Does Crysis Wars work at all these days?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Does Crysis Wars work at all these days?

Not unless Crytek patches over the Gamespy stuff with some other multiplayer thing.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Kibayasu posted:

Not unless Crytek patches over the Gamespy stuff with some other multiplayer thing.

They did not.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Who knows if Crytek will be around long enough to even consider it.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Sober posted:

Supposedly crytek got funding for the immediate future.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pity, the Crysis 1 and warhead multiplayer stuff was pretty cool.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
It's still baffling that publishers think Homefront is worth wasting money on. I guess that's the AAA industry for you.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I think it's fairly obvious that the people putting up the money for video games don't actually play games themselves.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

RBA Starblade posted:

What's left to finish (Broforce)? I avoid EA as a matter of course.

Mokinokaro posted:

Mostly just more levels and characters. Some of the current modes need some polish too, though.

It's a fair sized game already and the base is solid.

Dominic White posted:

They've got a LOT left to add. They've got a whole new set of environments and alien enemies to add still, and there's a pretty big list of characters they're still working on.

The gameplay itself is mostly worked out at this point, it's just content (tilesets, enemies, levels) that they're developing now.

Mokinokaro and Dominic I agree with your points and I oversimplified mine.

I guess my point is more that unlike most games where Early Access is usually a red flag, I feel that Broforce is already worth it and will not burn you even though it is still in Early Access.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I think it's fairly obvious that the people putting up the money for video games don't actually play games themselves.
Nor do most people who buy games during Steam sales oldest joke in the steam book

Oh, I have a question though, is Orcs Must Die 2 maps balanced for 2 players, or do they only crank it up when they are played co-op? The first one was easy but it's getting harder in some of the middle stages to chokepoint anywhere.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Yeah OMD 2 is beatable on easy but really balanced around co-op.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

hemale in pain posted:

Is there any really good must have Meridian4 games I should get? I was thinking of picking up Haegemonia just out of nostalgia

I was going to ask this myself...about the Haegemonia games no less. How are they?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Mokinokaro posted:

Yeah OMD 2 is beatable on easy but really balanced around co-op.
goddamn there go my dreams of soloing OMD2 on normal without having to pay attention to the game.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

mr. nobody posted:

Mokinokaro and Dominic I agree with your points and I oversimplified mine.

I guess my point is more that unlike most games where Early Access is usually a red flag, I feel that Broforce is already worth it and will not burn you even though it is still in Early Access.

Cool, maybe I'll give it a go then once I've gotten my fill of the Expendabros.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Just an FYI you can get a DS4 through rakuten for $35 apparently

http://slickdeals.net/f/7112350-ps4-dualshock-4-wireless-controller-black-45-free-shipping

Poopinstein
Apr 1, 2003

Yeah you did it!

Koburn posted:

Got my kickstarter key for Rex Rocket today, thought I would give it a quick spin and almost 2 hours went by. I love 2D platformers but I haven't played any that are actually challenging in a long time.

You should check out 8BitBoy the next time it shows up in a bundle. Total Maria style 2d platformer, but really challenging and packed full of secrets and stuff. I've enjoyed it a lot, especially since I had no idea what I was in for when I grabbed it.

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

Sober posted:

goddamn there go my dreams of soloing OMD2 on normal without having to pay attention to the game.

Actually, if you don't mind taking some hints from youtube, Nananea and fryedegg have some really informative videos showing how you can get the most out of traps, chokepoints, weapons, etc. It's a real eye-opener.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
So that 100% Orange Juice game in the Groupees bundle is anime as gently caress, but it's actually kinda fun once you learn the rules. If you're looking for a second game to pick up in that bundle, I'd suggest checking it out.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Sober posted:

More like they won't ever bother even if they are going to be. The Steam version of Crysis has had a broken version of DX10 since release and they never, ever bothered to fix it.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Crytek's future is F2P games, and then shutting down

I'm pretty sure both games they're working on are free to play

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Crytek hosed up so bad it's not even funny.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

It's almost like turning Crysis into straight-forward CoD inspired shooters was a bad idea.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
I see Wasteland 2 got a big patch at the beginning of the month. Is now a good time to purchase and check it out, or does it still have a bunch of unfinished stuff?

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

So many of the setpieces and battles in Crysis 2 were memorable. I can't remember anything about Crysis 3 other than having a bow.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

It's almost like turning Crysis into straight-forward CoD inspired shooters was a bad idea.

If I could take the way suit powers in Crysis 2 and 3 worked and shove them into Crysis 1 I would be pretty happy. Except speed mode. Speed mode actually felt like a speed mode in Crysis 1.

Edit:

Danith posted:

I see Wasteland 2 got a big patch at the beginning of the month. Is now a good time to purchase and check it out, or does it still have a bunch of unfinished stuff?

It's still just the beta - and I think they said that was the final patch until release? - and the game will apparently come out some time in late August or September. There really isn't a good reason at this point in time to pay $60 for a month of beta. The price will come down with the full release.

Kibayasu fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Aug 6, 2014

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Danith posted:

Isn't it out soon? I could have sworn I had a kickstarter email saying the release date is early September.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Snuffman posted:

Isn't it out soon? I could have sworn I had a kickstarter email saying the release date is early September.

"Before we get into the fun stuff, a quick note on the release date. It’s pretty likely that we will slip into the first or second week in September due to fulfillment of the physical goods and discs. We will give an exact date as soon as we know it."

From their latest update on the first.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
While getting wing commander free I noticed crusader is on origin too. Kinda want to buy it. Crusader is one of the best games of all time.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Sgt. Anime Pederast posted:

While getting wing commander free I noticed crusader is on origin too. Kinda want to buy it. Crusader is one of the best games of all time.
It's on GOG too.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Kibayasu posted:

I can't remember what the big GameSpy recreation project was called :effort:, but there's a mod for Crysis Wars apparently (even adds some maps). Even some Wii and DS games that used Gamespy for P2P work (through another project) if you patch them.

Doom Goon fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Aug 6, 2014

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Accordion Man posted:

It's still baffling that publishers think Homefront is worth wasting money on. I guess that's the AAA industry for you.
Homefront 2 is baffling in general. I mean, the concept for it is great. Homefront 1 was a drat train wreck when it was released in terms of reception and the money they spent on it, but despite that that name is the only reason this new one more than likely even got started :psyduck:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Homefront was so bad it killed the studio. RIP.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Pretty sure with Homefront 2 it's just them saying "wow, you guys sure did gently caress up a decent concept through extreme levels of stupidity! I guess we'll try again and maybe not do that!"

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

If it's supposed to be in the spirit of Freedom Fighters, that's the best part.

It will probably never get made though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Are there any mods you guys would recommend for Dead Island? I just started but haven't even hit level 10 yet. Enjoy it for what it is, it has its moments so far.

• Locked thread