Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yes, please more Sharingan and another Susanoo is what I wanted all along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
I like how Kakashi's going to be blind outside of battle now.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012
This is the first time I'm agreeing with Sasuke. Yes, it's supposed to be impossible but now we just have to deal with it apparently.

sharktamer posted:

I like how Kakashi's going to be blind outside of battle now.

Still believing that actions have lasting consequences in this manga. :laffo:

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Rigged Death Trap posted:

This is like Silver age Superman comics.
Jesus christ what a clusterfuck.

It's like Dominic Deegan. Each week is somehow, bafflingly, amazingly, unbelievably in the most literal sense, dumber than the week preceding. Kishi never fails to surprise me, but it's never in a good way.

Naruto has become the Japanese Dominic Deegan, only well drawn.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This is some really dumb bullshit.
Does he not have editors to veto this or anything?

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Aurain posted:

This is some really dumb bullshit.
Does he not have editors to veto this or anything?

It's not like they've stopped the other dumb poo poo he's done before. What's one more thing on top of all that, especially when the audience is sticking around regardless of quality.

At least Bleach turned into dumb fun, I don't even know what to make of this poo poo.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Now Sakura will get the Byakugan and all will be complete.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

HAHAHA WHAT THE gently caress

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I'm expecting poo poo to be stupid but Danzo getting retconned out of Hokage lineage still gave me pause. gently caress's sake why are this week's chapters so specially bad.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
I dont give a gently caress this is awesome.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Suspicious Lump posted:

I dont give a gently caress this is awesome.

QFT

I wish I had the willpower to stop reading this week to week and let the chapters accumulate, maybe even stop reading until it's over, but it's honestly not that bad reading week to week. Like others have said, it takes all of five minutes to read this each week, and even if a particular chapter isn't great, read all at once, it's still pretty good dumb shounen fun.

gently caress yeah, Kakashi! :kakashi:

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007

BigLeafyTree posted:

This poo poo doesn't even make sense anymore.

"anymore"

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

The powerup cycle continues. At least this could lead to something... interesting for once. Who knows.

Also, Obito really needs to disappear finally.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

So a theoretical scenario would be person A dies and regenerates his eyes, person A gives his powereyes to person B, person B evolves (like pokemon) the eyes into Rinnegan, person B uses rinnegan to resurrect A. Person B now has awesome eyes at the cost of nothing. Person A is now basically a Pez dispenser for magic eyes.

This is so fantastically dumb.

Queue DBZ levels of "I see, Dende can reach into the underworld and receive a gift from me! Quick, Krillin! Kill me so I can generate more eyes and we can take on Frieza!"

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Beef Waifu posted:

Yes, please more Sharingan and another Susanoo is what I wanted all along.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
So out of all the participants in this final battle, Sakura is now the only one with normal eyeballs.

She's more hosed than being a non-Saiyan in a Dragonball fight.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Sasuke: But... He wasn't still supposed to have his Sharingan

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
Oh no. Sasuke has become the reader.

That made less sense than, I think, anything else in the manga. There's been a lot of asspulls, like Manda stuff, but... this is just... contradictory! It doesn't make sense on multiple levels!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

God drat it. Little did we know at the dawn of this thread that Kishi was the one with the brain problems.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

So I basically called this except in my call Sakura did the transplant.

So my mistake was in levels of how useless Sakura is. You guys all know at the end she's going to have been totally useless and forgive Sasuke right? Gonna be great.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Spiderdrake posted:

So my mistake was in levels of how useless Sakura is. You guys all know at the end she's going to have been totally useless and forgive Sasuke right? Gonna be great.

She'll marry Sasuke and revive the Uchiha clan because everyone knows that women want nothing more than to bear a strong man's children.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Tonfa posted:

I'm expecting poo poo to be stupid but Danzo getting retconned out of Hokage lineage still gave me pause. gently caress's sake why are this week's chapters so specially bad.

Danzo was never a real Hokage, he was the acting Hokage since Tsunade was unable to perform her duties, for the Ninja Conference.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Spiderdrake posted:

She doesn't have a say at all only the opinion of men matter in the Ninja World. All that matters is that Naruto is going to forgive him, and since he is Ninja Jesus all sin will be absolved and everyone will suddenly love him and trust him perfectly.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Spiderdrake posted:

Everyone's already forgiven Sasuke, except Sai and I think Shikamaru. But I doubt that'll ever get brought up again.

PIGEOTO
Sep 11, 2007

pixaal posted:

She doesn't have a say at all only the opinion of men matter in the Ninja World. All that matters is that Naruto is going to forgive him, and since he is Ninja Jesus all sin will be absolved and everyone will suddenly love him and trust him perfectly.

Except this won't happen and everyone will still hate and mistrust him, setting the stage for yet another ball-numbing "final" fight.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Sure, why not?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Hey guys, the world is kinda ending and regardless of what Sasuke has done in the past, it's kinda important that he be "forgiven" or at the very least put up with since he is one of the 2 now 3 people who are capable of fighting and being useful on this stage.

And then if he helps you know stop Human Instrumentality, and the end of free will, that kinda forgives him defending himself against Naruto, killing a few cannon fodder and attacking Bee, and killing(well forced suicide) Danzou someone who was more evil than he was.

You would be an idiot if you couldn't look the other way in a world ending situation. Because boo hoo he betrayed the Leaf, and in doing so ended up doing just as much good as bad(Mostly due to his incompetence but shrug).

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I can accept everything in this chapter.

Except Sakura. Jesus Christ.

PIGEOTO
Sep 11, 2007

I hope after this Kaguya poo poo is all said and done, Kishi then magics away Naruto's and Sasuke's new godlike powers and we can go straight from Obito's defeat to the inevitable super-real-this-time final battle, ignoring that entire Madara/Kaguya arc as "that really bad one".

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

PIGEOTO posted:

Except this won't happen and everyone will still hate and mistrust him, setting the stage for yet another ball-numbing "final" fight.

It'll be a 50/50 split for the Hokage vote between Naruto and Sasuke. The tiebreaker is a fight..

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Kild posted:

It'll be a 50/50 split for the Hokage vote between Naruto and Sasuke. The tiebreaker is a fight..

But... no one wants Sasuke to be Hokage? This stupid manga.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I'm torn about Sakura, because in all actuality Sakura is relatively useless on this stage, and would in fact be a massive hindrance to have around in this fight. So he's at least staying consistent rather than pulling some random power out for her which would allow her to be a factor on fights of this level.

Then again, if that's the case just get her out of there, having her just have to constantly get saved by Naruto, Sasuke and now Kakashi just isn't interesting.

Then again she and Obito did just save Sasuke rear end I guess, so shrug.

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
I don't understand what happened with that goat rabbit monster. Is that the moon god? Did she absorb the bombs and become that, and why?

In any event, "This isn't even my final form!" is in full effect. I predict she'll stabilize her form next chapter as another powerup.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Kild posted:

Yea, no. Sasuke isn't winning any election.

Sasuke's conflict with Naruto is probably going to be how they handle the tailed beasts, as Sasuke wants to erase them, and Naruto wants to be friends with them.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Darth TNT posted:

And didn't Obito just doom Kakashi? He always covered up his Sharingan due to the Chakra drain, now he has two. Is he going to run around blind until he needs to fight?
:ughh:

I'm a bit disappointed someone posted this before I could, but yeah, that's was very short-sighted. :v:

CubanMissile posted:

Now Sakura will get the Byakugan and all will be complete.

As if anyone with breasts can accomplish anything in this manga.

Even the Sexy Jutsu had to change gender to accomplish anything plot-wise.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Aug 6, 2014

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I'm a bit disappointed someone posted this before I could, but yeah, that's was very short-sighted. :v:

It's really not a proper arc in Naruto unless Kakashi is either ending up in the hospital or is already hospitalized during it.

I'm honestly surprised it's been so long since he's been hospitalized.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
How did the Uchiha have so much trouble in the first wars? Apparently dead Uchiha can come back from the dead for a short while to give people their eyes, why don't all the Uchiha have super eyes? Why couldn't this have been done before Obito died? What the gently caress has been gained except a shitload of confusion and contradictions? This is the worst goddamn excuse for a power-up in history and given how bad shounen gets, that's a loving accomplishment!

It's just, how do you fail so bad at such a simple narrative? This poo poo isn't complex, it's like someone writing an essay with some arbitrary page number so they just use as many words as possible to say the simplest goddamn statement! You can't even use 'it's for kids' as an excuse because kids aren't this stupid! I've read fanfiction better than this!

Flytrap fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Aug 6, 2014

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Flytrap posted:

How did the Uchiha have so much trouble in the first wars? Apparently dead Uchiha can come back from the dead for a short while to give people their eyes, why don't all the Uchiha have super eyes? Why couldn't this have been done before Obito died? What the gently caress has been gained except a shitload of confusion and contradictions? This is the worst goddamn excuse for a power-up in history and given how bad shounen gets, that's a loving accomplishment!

Apparnetly Obito's eyes are just a once in a generation mutation that really would've made him Hokage level had he simply avoided a goddamn boulder.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Flytrap posted:

I mean it doesn't make sense that he can use his power, but each Uchiha have different powers.

Only Obito has been shown to have the dimensional teleport power.

Shisui could mind control

Sasuke, and Itachi have Amataseru, Sasuke has another ability to actually control the fire, while Itachi gets Tsukiomi.

Though all Mangekyo Sharingan's apparently have a stand Over-Soul Susanoo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Obito was the only Uchiha with the correct mental deficiency to give his eyes post-mortem.

• Locked thread