Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.
Care for those unable to care for themselves gently caress the Poor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

Fruity Gordo posted:

I think the higher proportion of South African Jews is that they were more recent immigrants, a lot of Ashkenazi Jewish Australians who live in Sydney are at least second generation immigrants now so the immigrant Jewish population really skews South African.

The thing is, though, that most of the emigrated South Africans did migrate because they didn't want to live in a place that allowed blacks to be in power. That's probably why so many of them came here in the first place.

There are a bunch of chill, awesome South Africans, but many of them are dickheads who fled because they wanted to keep being dirty racists.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Jesus was an Anarcho-Capitalist who only drove on privately funded roads with roundabouts in the intersections.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

BlitzkriegOfColour posted:

The thing is, though, that most of the emigrated South Africans did migrate because they didn't want to live in a place that allowed blacks to be in power. That's probably why so many of them came here in the first place.

There are a bunch of chill, awesome South Africans, but many of them are dickheads who fled because they wanted to keep being dirty racists.

Well yes obviously, hence 'more recent'. I thought it was pretty heavily implied.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
I've never met a nice South African

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Endman posted:

Jesus was a white Anarcho-Capitalist who only drove on privately funded roads with roundabouts in the intersections.

You forgot an important bit

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Kim Jong ill posted:

Where do I need to go to stomp in the heads of those involved in this?

Its yet another groupsicle to come out of the "national alternative" which split up a while back. @ndy slackbastard will probably do a write up at some point soon.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
Was also reading today on exactly how terrible Mandela and the ANC were at economics, and how in a few short years they managed to make economic inequality significantly worse than it was under apartheid

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Haters Objector posted:

My psychiatrist is a South African Jew and also an irl unicorn.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Endman posted:

Jesus was an Anarcho-Capitalist who only drove on privately funded roads with roundabouts in the intersections.

Jesus Was First a Businessman

As footsteps approached, the twenty-eight year old man looked up from the cluttered
workbench. His dark beard and long hair were matted by perspiration mixed with
sawdust. Wet sweat rings outlined his armpits on his well-worn tunic. He laid the chisel
and mallet down and stood up, wiping his hands together.
“Shalom, may I help you?” he said.
“Shalom,” said the middle-aged man with ringlets in his gray beard. Deep furrows
etched his forehead. His off-white cloak and brown leather sandals were covered with
dust from the road that he had just traveled on.
“My wife says we need a new dining table. And you know how women are,
right?” the man said with a wink. “Some of our neighbors have recommended you and
your workmanship.” The man folded his arms across his barrel-shaped chest, readying
himself for whatever negotiations awaited him. Like most Galilean businessmen, he
wanted the best deal.
The carpenter’s bronze-colored face blushed slightly at the compliment. There
was a genuine humility about him that people liked. He grinned at the man.
“That’s nice of your friends. However, to be completely honest, whatever skills I
may possess are the result of being taught by the best carpenter in all of Galilee – Joseph,
my dad.”
“Oh yes, I should have known,” the man said without moving his arms from their
set position on his chest. “You’re the son of Joseph, huh? Who hasn’t heard of his
woodworking skills?”
Then, in a loud whisper, he leaned forward and asked, “What do you think the
table will cost me? And remember I have three sons and their families living with me. Oy
vey! You can’t believe how much they eat?”
The young carpenter nodded. "Hmm! Let me think for a few minutes.”
The carpenter looked around the shop. He turned and walked to the back of the
room, pulling out some boards from a large pile and checking each of them. After a few
minutes, he nodded to himself as if he had it all figured out. Then, he returned to the man.
“If you want the table made out of fir, it will cost fifteen shekels. Oak will be five
shekels more. The choice is up to you,” the carpenter said with his eyebrows arched in
anticipation of a sharp response from the buyer.
The man unfolded his arms. His shocked expression looked as though a sharp
sword had pierced his heart. He gasped, and pounded his chest with both fists. “Your
price is much higher than I could have ever imagined. Fifteen shekels – how outrageous!
I just can’t believe it!”
He turned around and began stomping away. Before he reached the shop’s
entrance, he stopped and looked back. “I’m curious. Do you offer discounts to your more
impoverished buyers – people like me?”
The carpenter sighed. “Okay. Let me think,” he said, rubbing his jaw with his
hand. “If you pay cash today, I can do it for thirteen shekels. The table will be done in
two weeks.”
The man stood like a statue. “I had a price more like eleven shekels in mind,” the
man said in a clipped voice. Then he added, “And not one shekel more.”
The carpenter shrugged his shoulders and raised his arms in surrender. “Okay,
you win,” he said, shaking his head slowly back and forth. “I have some expenses coming
up in a few days. This is my final offer: twelve shekels and it will be ready for you in ten
days. Take it or leave it.”
The man walked toward the carpenter. “Though eleven shekels is a very fair
price, I’m going to give in and pay your outrageous price of twelve shekels.”
The buyer stretched his right hand out and shook the hand of the young carpenter
named Jesus.[1] As he did, he felt the calluses and strength in his hand.

[1] Mark 6:3

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

http://www.theage.com.au/business/t...806-10110y.html

quote:

Australia’s political elite are among the country’s most enthusiastic real estate investors, with records showing one freeholding Nationals member owns 50 properties and another holds 17.

Federal politicians on average own 2.5 properties each, or an estimated $300 million worth of land holdings, analysis of their interests shows.

Landed Nationals senator Barry O’Sullivan is Canberra’s biggest property owner, with a 50-strong investment portfolio. He rubs shoulders with Nationals property baron David Gillespie, who owns 17 holdings.

Billionaire Clive Palmer is also high on the landowner list, with 12 properties to his name, the breakdown of politicians' interests by property authors Lindsay David, Paul Egan and Philip Soos shows.

Independent South Australian senator Nick Xenophon maintains an impressive portfolio of eight investment properties, and high-profile Liberal Communications Minister Malcolm Turnbull owns a similar number.

Only 13, or 6 per cent, of Parliament’s 226 members own no real estate.

The analysis comes as Australia’s home values reach new heights, with the latest data showing prices rising again in Sydney, Melbourne and Canberra.

Values in Sydney grew over the year to July by 14.8 per cent, while Melbourne’s rose 11 per cent, RP Data figures show.

The combination of high property prices and lack of political action to make housing more affordable prompted the authors of the analysis to ask: “Are the property holdings of our federal politicians negatively influencing policy and causing them to ignore evidence?”

‘‘The trends in the data suggest a sizeable majority of federal politicians have a vested interest in maintaining high housing prices,’’ the authors said.

The analysis shows the top 10 landholders in Parliament own 92 properties. Between them federal politicians own 563 properties.

String the fuckers up.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Haters Objector posted:

Was also reading today on exactly how terrible Mandela and the ANC were at economics, and how in a few short years they managed to make economic inequality significantly worse than it was under apartheid

It's almost as if a significant chunk of the population had been denied equal access to education and career opportunities.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I noticed the Islamic flag being flown at Monash Uni today
Not at the religious centre, but at the main entrance.

I find it incredibly offensive that Islamists demand we don't preach our beliefs, eat pork etc, around then, yet it is perfectly fine for them to fly their flag at a leading university, here in AUSTRALIA, where the majority of the student body is not even Islamic.

If I put up a cross outside their place of study, it would be a national incident.
Just a thought

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

Senor Tron posted:

It's almost as if a significant chunk of the population had been denied equal access to education and career opportunities.

Also whitey booby-trapped the government on their way out by forcing them to pay back the apartheid debt and give lifelong pensions to all the racist civil servants who got kicked out. Their debt obligations forced them to privatise all their poo poo, selling public companies back to the white robber barons. They also got sucked in the World Bank/IMF/USA neoliberal dogma and went full Thatcherite.

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

Kim Jong ill posted:

Where do I need to go to stomp in the heads of those involved in this?

Fruity Gordo posted:

Cultural Marxism.

I can not say this enough: Anders Breivik did us the biggest favour of all time. As soon as somebody starts screaming about Cultural Marxists, you can just call them a Breivik-style terrorist who is out to kill white people with terrorism, like Anders Breivik did. It's too easy. They also reveal themselves as stormfront.org pinheads by saying this dumb poo poo. Go, my pretties, fly, fly.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Ragingsheep posted:

Weren't they attacking Rudd for doing the same thing?

Rudd was different in that he would micromanage his pet initiatives/policies to the last detail and leave the appropriate ministers with nothing to do, wheras Abbott just farts out thought bubbles and expects cogent policies to magically coalesce around them.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Aug 6, 2014

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Please tell me this isn't a real thing that people circulate. I mean, apart from anything else, that's not Mark 6:3 at all, no matter how dodgy the translation of your bible.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Also white man Jesus will never not look loving weird.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Rudd was different in that he would micromanage his pet initiatives/policies to the last detail and leave the appropriate ministers with nothing to do, wheras Abbott just farts out thought bubbles and expects cojent policies to magically coalesce around them.

There was definitely stuff like the Economic Zones in the NT that were made up on a plane flight.

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

Just another fuckwit who thrives on fake moral outrage.
:derp:Waaaah the Christians are out to get me:derp:

lol abbottsgonnawin

Haters Objector posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZjwCmJrnlY

Calico Noose
Jun 26, 2010

BlitzkriegOfColour posted:

I can not say this enough: Anders Breivik did us the biggest favour of all time. As soon as somebody starts screaming about Cultural Marxists, you can just call them a Breivik-style terrorist who is out to kill white people with terrorism, like Anders Breivik did. It's too easy. They also reveal themselves as stormfront.org pinheads by saying this dumb poo poo. Go, my pretties, fly, fly.

Also isn't that the main charcter from Watchdogs they've got on their stupid flag?

Ler
Mar 23, 2005

I believe...

Jackie Blackburn hugs her children who were terrorised on their school bus. Men described as ‘drunk’ shouted ‘Heil Hitler’ and ‘Kill the Jews’ before alighting at Bondi Junction. Source: Supplied

Mrs Blackburn claimed the bus driver had allowed the men on but refused to give his name when she questioned him. Photo: Danielle Smith Source: Supplied

Don't click

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Why are bus drivers so universally poo poo?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I'm the obnoxiously large watermark

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip
"Mrs Forbes, would you be able to cry again?"

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Nonetheless, an interesting example of what Chomsky called "worthy victims"

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
I hope the PM cracks down on these white blokes.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip
http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/...806-101849.html

SO PRO CLICK

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Um not really, they're children.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Jumpingmanjim posted:

the gently caress

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Is this Nightwatch? Am I watching Babylon 5 still?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Fruity Gordo posted:

Um not really, they're children.

Not dead Palestinian children

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Kim Jong ill
Jul 28, 2010

NORTH KOREA IS ONLY KOREA.
I don't know who he is, is he going to pop a cap in that rear end?

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

George Brandis has a grand intellect.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Kim Jong ill posted:

He's senator preteen Wyatt, noted poo poo-eating idiot.

Nuclear Spy
Jun 10, 2008

feeling under?

Kim Jong ill posted:

Which rear end are you referring to?

Wyatt Roy interview posted:

Q. Can you tell why there is only one female in the LNP cabinet? Is it because they aren't considered competent or is One Term Tony really a misogynist?

A. The great strength of the LNP is our diversity. We have farmers, small business people, doctors and former military personnel in our ranks. We are the party seeking much more than a parliament dominated by union organisers or lawyers.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Not dead Palestinian children

No, they're not, you're right. Theyre Jewish children being traumatised by neo nazis on their way home from school. Worthy victims of whatever the gently caress you're talking about.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I am uncultured and had to look it up; guess it's more literally newsworthy. "We used the concepts of "worthy" and "unworthy" victims to describe this dichotomization, with a trace of irony, as the differential treatment was clearly related to political and economic advantage rather than anything like actual worth"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
The photo is of Wyatt Roy, who was the youngest Australian elected to parliament back on 2010.

Sam Dastyari posted it on Facebook and called him out, but Wyatt Roy come along and posted that he he took it to commemorate the first world war or something: https://m.facebook.com/senator.sam.dastyari/photos/a.280027748812387.1073741829.269334213215074/341317172683444/?type=1&source=46

gently caress knows how waving a gun around is an appropriate way to commemorate the enormous and senseless waste of life though.

• Locked thread