Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
*claps for no reason*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I like Dan's speech about how everyone is/can be/at some point is Adam, and that he should get a statue outside harmontown. It spoke to me.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Irish Joe posted:

*claps for no reason*

Dan thinks it's for no reason, but generally it's either punctuating something:
1)Fantastic
2)Sarcastic.

utonium
Dec 17, 2002

KoRMaK posted:

I like Dan's speech about how everyone is/can be/at some point is Adam, and that he should get a statue outside harmontown. It spoke to me.
You know, I have no shame in admitting that when I listened to episode 100, and they're firing up the trivia game, when Dan asks, "Where's Goldbug?*" in my head I went, "Awww."

(* - Actually he says, "Where's, where's, where's Goldbug?")

JesusFists
Feb 14, 2005

ong-time listener, first-time caller.

New Harmontown - Episode 109

I thought this was a really solid episode, never dragged. The recounting of Rob's Schrabing Kumailing on Twitter had me in stitches. D&D was great - it sounded like the participants were a bit less drunk than usual, so that may have helped keep poo poo on track - both in terms of humor and progress made. There was even a moment where Goldberg stopped me from muttering at my screen ("Control-enter!"), making me realize that if I ever went to a taping, I'd be the worst person in the room, the guy echoing Adam Goldberg a half-second later.

Insanity Prawn
Jul 17, 2007
Hooray for moon jesus!
Spencers impression of Greg as tylenol with codeine was pretty great.

radlum
May 13, 2013
It was a good episode. I just tried the Ctrl + Enter thing and it worked! Thanks Adam!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Illinois Smith posted:

Way to make me feel bad about calling Erin the worst at D&D Duncan.

She really is though. I like her in general, but her D&D shtick gets old REALLY fast. Spencer is incredibly nice for not having the black dragon bite her head off.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Well yeah but Duncan going "hey remember when I cut off Kumail's character's dick? That was hilarious, right? I want to do that again! Cutting off people's dicks is the secret to playing D&D and I really wanna do that again! What's that? An alternate timeline? Can I still cut off his dick? I really wanna cut off someone's dick, preferrably the one of Kumail's character, which I've cut off before" for 10 minutes was the first thing in the history of the show that made me turn a non-tour ep off before the end.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Illinois Smith posted:

Well yeah but Duncan going "hey remember when I cut off Kumail's character's dick? That was hilarious, right? I want to do that again! Cutting off people's dicks is the secret to playing D&D and I really wanna do that again! What's that? An alternate timeline? Can I still cut off his dick? I really wanna cut off someone's dick, preferrably the one of Kumail's character, which I've cut off before" for 10 minutes was the first thing in the history of the show that made me turn a non-tour ep off before the end.

I actually haven't listened to that one yet, so thank you for saving me ten minutes. They really need to get a crossover with Nerd Poker going, so Posehn can occasionally bellow "SHUT THE gently caress UP AND PLAY THE GAME, NERDS!" at them.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Insanity Prawn posted:

Spencers impression of Greg as tylenol with codeine was pretty great.

Yeah that was my favorite

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Majorian posted:

I actually haven't listened to that one yet, so thank you for saving me ten minutes. They really need to get a crossover with Nerd Poker going, so Posehn can occasionally bellow "SHUT THE gently caress UP AND PLAY THE GAME, NERDS!" at them.
That's the opposite of what I want to happen. I want 30 minutes of funny rambling.

Adam, your brothers are dicks. Get famous and don't bail them out. Alternatively, edit yourself a bit better so only the good poo poo gets out there. (I'm listening to 30 HarmonCountry SommerVille).

Next time you get on a taping give a shoutout to your goons in the 3548851

KoRMaK fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jul 29, 2014

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

KoRMaK posted:

That's the opposite of what I want to happen. I want 30 minutes of funny rambling.

That's already the entire rest of the podcast! But I mostly want poo poo to get more real in the game because I just want to see how Erin would react to her character dying in one of her retarded "let's put on a show!" schemes.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Didn't they all die when they hosed around while fighting those smoke monsters or whatever but then they all woke up in a deathmatch arena? I mainlined the first 70 episodes in like two weeks but I definitely remember some "oh poo poo we can actually die?" reactions at some point.

I agree though, Erin getting her head blown off while she tries to make a dummy of herself out of sticks and blankets or trick the next dragon they meet into liking her needs to happen.

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

Once I found out that Erin was purposely trying to get her character killed I enjoyed her antics a lot more. Spencer is a really forgiving GM (which is good because this is a comedy podcast). It's not a secret, so I think Spencer is just waiting for a moment when it's funny.

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

Paladin posted:

Once I found out that Erin was purposely trying to get her character killed I enjoyed her antics a lot more. Spencer is a really forgiving GM (which is good because this is a comedy podcast). It's not a secret, so I think Spencer is just waiting for a moment when it's funny.

What do you mean? How and when did you find out Erin wanted her character dead? It doesn't come across that way at all in the podcasts.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Dan died when the Frost Giant King (Jarl?) squashed him after he yelled at him for a good 10 minutes straight, but was then revived.

Drunkboxer fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jul 30, 2014

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Drunkboxer posted:

Dan died when the Frost Giant King (Jarl?) squashed him after he yelled at him for a good 10 minutes straight, but was then revived.

That, and when Quark stabbed Breffi in the head mid-coitus while whispering sweet nothings in his ear, might be my two favorite D&D moments from Harmontown. Everything with Laneve was pretty fantastic, too.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

DangerDummy! posted:

That, and when Quark stabbed Breffi in the head mid-coitus while whispering sweet nothings in his ear, might be my two favorite D&D moments from Harmontown. Everything with Laneve was pretty fantastic, too.

Yeah, Lavern was awesome. :allears:

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
One of these days Spencer will make an NPC that isn't frustratingly obtuse.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

KoRMaK posted:

(I'm listening to 30 HarmonCountry SommerVille).
I actually was FB messaging with someone during the show, with no idea that he'd repeat it. I also went to get gas and my car battery died.

Chexoid posted:

One of these days Spencer will make an NPC that isn't frustratingly obtuse.
They're almost always the straight men to the gang's insanity.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

umalt posted:

Yeah, Lavern was awesome. :allears:

IT'S LANEVE!!!!!!!!

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Golden Bee posted:

I actually was FB messaging with someone during the show, with no idea that he'd repeat it. I also went to get gas and my car battery died.
?????

?

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

The post he quoted said he should edit himself better, so I think it was a play on that. If not, I've got nothing.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I was on the other side of the country while that show was happening, and my life was very mundane.

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004

ireladd posted:

What do you mean? How and when did you find out Erin wanted her character dead? It doesn't come across that way at all in the podcasts.

Spoiler for 110:

That happened.

I'm kind of hoping they try a new game for awhile. Maybe even let Spencer take a break and play?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Paladin posted:

Spoiler for 110:

That happened.

I'm kind of hoping they try a new game for awhile. Maybe even let Spencer take a break and play?

There's a mix of "don't want to/aren't capable of" playing, which has got to be frustrating. Dan's often too drink to contribute (it's his quietest part of the show), they ask obvious questions that Spencer's spiel answers ("where are we?"), they've been openly complaining about pointlessness (ever since the isle of paradise)...

Spencer's great, but D&D has run its course.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
For some reason the episode is only 66 minutes on my phone. Is it just me?

Insanity Prawn
Jul 17, 2007
Hooray for moon jesus!

superjew posted:

Comes up just shy of two hours for me, in itunes.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Podcast Addict on android also states 1:52:52

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004

Golden Bee posted:

Spencer's great, but D&D has run its course.

It really seems like everyone wants to keep Spencer around but they also really don't want to be playing D&D. I hope they just create a new segment.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
I think if Erin really did kill off her character, that would fix a lot of the problems with D&D.

Insanity Prawn
Jul 17, 2007
Hooray for moon jesus!

MY ABACUS! posted:

I think if Erin really did kill off her character, that would fix a lot of the problems with D&D.

Dan actually paying attention sometimes might help, too.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

"IF VOTING WAS POWERFUL IT WOULD BE ILLEEEGAAAAAALLLLLLLL"

This was a fun episode.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

superjew posted:

Its happening to me, too. 1:56 in iTunes, 1:06 on my iPod.

nvm, it downloaded funny. I deleted the file, redownloaded it and it works fine now.

Irish Joe fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Aug 6, 2014

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
Erin really needs to not be on the podcast. She just doesn't know when to stop trying to get a laugh, unless that is her comedy persona or something...
The end of D&D this week was horrible.

The rest of the episode was great though.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
Also, their divorce is going to be a spectacular disaster that may end his career.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
I do hope they manage to have a baby first, though. A fat, alcoholic baby with a five o'clock shadow and ludicrous red hair.

SoylentCola
Mar 21, 2001

Ultra Carp

Irish Joe posted:

I do hope they manage to have a baby first, though. A fat, alcoholic baby with a five o'clock shadow and ludicrous red hair.

It will also need Breast feeding counselling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Having a guy like Dana Carvey on really highlighted how terrible all these people are. I love the podcast, but I would not want to be stuck in a room with any of them.

I take that back I like Jeff.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Aug 8, 2014