Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lipset and Rock On
Jan 18, 2009
True Blood has always been at its best for me when it goes full blooded, no holds barred, campy insane. On that basis that episode was a classic. In any other show, Rutger Hauer turning up would be an episode cliffhanger, but True Blood has other ideas! Brilliant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Burning_Monk posted:

What the gently caress actually happened in that episode? As far as I can tell it was pretty much just moving the people around to set up stuff later. Like nothing really happened... people talking, and nothing. Complete filler.

This whole season after the first few episodes have been rife with bullshit filler scenes because they gotta check in on all the various side characters, and meanwhile the trite-rear end main plot is rapidly sinking down to were-panther levels of awful.

It's fairly obvious that Stephen Moyer has a lot of influence on the production, what with the whole fairy (vagina vampirism cure) tale ending between him and his dahlin wife they're gunning for.

Everything involving Jason is still gold though. He's just moments away from loving yet another one of Hoyt's girlfriends.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Krowley posted:

This whole season after the first few episodes have been rife with bullshit filler scenes because they gotta check in on all the various side characters, and meanwhile the trite-rear end main plot is rapidly sinking down to were-panther levels of awful.

It's fairly obvious that Stephen Moyer has a lot of influence on the production, what with the whole fairy (vagina vampirism cure) tale ending between him and his dahlin wife they're gunning for.

Everything involving Jason is still gold though. He's just moments away from loving yet another one of Hoyt's girlfriends.

This time Hoyt will react with no friendship to stand between them and kill Jason. Time is a flat circle.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

rawillkill posted:

Any episode with Rutger Hauer is a success I must admit

Eh, normally I'd agree but he didn't really do anything interesting and he left as quickly as he appeared.

There's just not much going on and there's no ramp or excitement to these final episodes of the show.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
The main plot this season is dumb. Everyone seems to agree with that, so I don't see why everyone is upset when it doesn't get much attention. I'd much rather see Luke Perry 90s Eric and Doctor Nofucks and Gay Vampire American Steven Newlin cameos than more SOOKEH and BEEL ~True Love~ main plot. If the main plot was good it might be more upset about the filler, but I think we all know better than that. This is more of a victory lap/goodbye to all the cool people we've seen in previous seasons.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mister Kingdom posted:

Tara will dig a hole in the ground and she'll find a door that says "The Lady of Shadows".

Maybe True Blood will go whole hog, they will find a door in the ground, open it up and step through to the first scene of the series, except Lafayette and Taras mom will be the two walking into the little store.

Illuen
Feb 18, 2011

All comedy is derived from fear.

Mister Kingdom posted:

Tara will dig a hole in the ground and she'll find a door that says "The Lady of Shadows".

Please tell me this makes Vampire Bill a honky muhfuh. Either that or she cuts Sookie's head off with dinnerware.

Ah Stephen King, for when you need to be taught what truly bad dialogue is, Thankee Sai commala.

Gelf
Oct 1, 2005

Wake up and smell the psychosis!\

I have not posted in here before, but I have been here lurking from the start and have suffered on to the end.

Can anyone please tell me where the fairy grandfather bloke showed up from? I will admit to being somewhat :420: when I watch this show, but the last I remember he was condemned to some sort of General Zod phantom zone? Did I miss the part where he made it back?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
It seemed like at the end of last season he finally recovered enough when he could pop out of the wall and help kill Warlow. It makes sense that he was fine after that and just had no reason to be hanging around, given that Fairy Dimension doesn't have vampires in it and he was only risking hanging around Bon Temps because Warlow was around.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

counterfeitsaint posted:

Fairy grandfather showed up, and the tiny little doctor who gives no fucks drove up in a big hummer blasting metal. That was enough to make me consider this episode a success.

I liked the conversation where Rutger Hauer is calling the doctor a gnome or whatever. It felt very antiquated and not-PC or whatever until that NOPE! actual gnome! twist.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

According to the wiki she's a Goblin/Human Hybrid! :eng101:

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

I'm pretty sure she is just a strong womyn dwarf of dubious origin

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy

Illuen posted:

Please tell me this makes Vampire Bill a honky muhfuh. Either that or she cuts Sookie's head off with dinnerware.

Ah Stephen King, for when you need to be taught what truly bad dialogue is, Thankee Sai commala.

They're digging a tunnel that leads...Under the dome!!!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I don't remember that tiny doctor in previous seasons but that poo poo was loving hilariuos. Best character.

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007
We're gonna need a bigger boat...and some water.

Macaluso posted:

I don't remember that tiny doctor in previous seasons but that poo poo was loving hilariuos. Best character.

She treated Sookie when she got clawed up by the maenad so I guess that was back in season 2. I can't remember if she has shown up since then.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I seem to recall us seeing her again but I don't remember when. The only thing that really bothered me about that scene was a few seasons ago everyone firmly believed fairies had gone extinct thousands of years ago, but now she's just like Fay huh? What line? Gramps said she was a dwarf. She sure as gently caress isn't human if she has "no natural predators".

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Fru Fru posted:

She treated Sookie when she got clawed up by the maenad so I guess that was back in season 2. I can't remember if she has shown up since then.

She showed up when Pam started rotting thanks to the witch season (which was absolutely terrible).

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Party Plane Jones posted:

She showed up when Pam started rotting thanks to the witch season (which was absolutely terrible).

I had completely forgot that entire season happened

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007
We're gonna need a bigger boat...and some water.

The Duggler posted:

I had completely forgot that entire season happened

Yeah I completely forgot about the whole rotting thing. All I remember is the burning doorknobs.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

I remember something about a rocket launcher standoff outside the new age shop / coven.

Karki
Feb 3, 2006

Who needs pussy?

Krowley posted:

I remember something about a rocket launcher standoff outside the new age shop / coven.

Definitely the "jumping the shark" moment for me.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

gently caress that phrase when it comes to True Blood. That scene was as awesome as the rest and totally in line for the show.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I didn't mind the rocket launcher standoff, it was the rest of the poo poo season that killed it for me

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011
I... didn't think it was that bad? Fiona Shaw really made that season IMHO. Definitely not the best but it isn't the worst either. That honor goes to 6.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Captain Mog posted:

I... didn't think it was that bad? Fiona Shaw really made that season IMHO. Definitely not the best but it isn't the worst either. That honor goes to 6.

I dunno, I'm holding out for season 7 being the weakest once all is said and done. It's been pretty dire so far and it doesn't look like they're gonna be able to reel it in before the finale.

All season are kinda bad in their own special way though, but usually there's some strong redeemable elements along with the awful garbage.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Krowley posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkWeuXQiEq4

loving Sookie.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Krowley posted:

My favorite moment of entire True Blood.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

The only bad thing about that season is the witches didn't win.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Yep, that's probably why I remember it.

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS

Captain Mog posted:

Aunt Petunia finally got her revenge for not getting her Hogwarts letter many years ago.

In all seriousness, I forgot about that entire plot arc. I guess I'm not alone in that.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Mister Kingdom posted:

How weird is it to have to fake gently caress your own wife on TV?

You can ask Michael C Hall how weird it is to fake gently caress your ex-wife who plays your sister on TV.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Cojawfee posted:

You can ask Michael C Hall how weird it is to fake gently caress your ex-wife who plays your sister on TV.

For what its worth, when I was your age, I used to gently caress my brother, too. Alot.

Irish Joe fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Aug 6, 2014

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Karki posted:

Definitely the "jumping the shark" moment for me.

This is True Blood. The shark jumped over this show.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

That gif is probably the worst I've ever seen, I think it's actually like 6 frames

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

The Duggler posted:

That gif is probably the worst I've ever seen, I think it's actually like 6 frames

Welcome to the age of tumblr gifs.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'll say, I think it's weird to see so many anti-Jessica and Pro-...whatsherface. Jason's vampire chick. She's so annoying I can't even remember her name. She just suddenly showed up last season kind of out of nowhere and then was just in the main cast. And she KEEPS BEING THERE. I want her to go away or be killed or something.

Her having a weird sex mansion was funny though

Dead Snoopy posted:

This is True Blood. The shark jumped over this show.

Seriously, I can't imagine how someone can say "such and such moment is where this show jumped the shark" for True Blood. True Blood has always been ridiculous and silly and never taken itself THAT seriously, and it's campy as gently caress, and the writers know it. True Blood has never been anything it isn't. I didn't really like the Maenad as a villain, and the witch season was just "okay" to me, not awful, but every season has always felt like True Blood.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

In most shows, the over-the-top ridiculous bits would be where you go "OK, this show just got dumb." but in True Blood those are the bits you're watching it for. The bits where something ridiculous isn't happening are basically just filler.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Is it me or did this season they decide that vamps can be awake during the day and just look a little tired but aren't keeling over with blood dripping from every orifice?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Burning_Monk posted:

Is it me or did this season they decide that vamps can be awake during the day and just look a little tired but aren't keeling over with blood dripping from every orifice?

That was happening last season too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

Burning_Monk posted:

Vampire abilities in this show adapt to whatever the writers need it to do to serve the plot. Just like how the blood has vastly different effects in different scenarios

• Locked thread