Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Sky Shadowing posted:

I do kind of like that the answer to backwards compatibility this generation seems to be 'Remasters!' Also that the new consoles are apparently easy enough to develop for that making a remaster isn't a big deal.

Give me a Demon's Souls "remaster" and I can finally get rid of my PS3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Me and my friend played Battlefield 4 last night (great game btw, don't listen to anyone who says it isn't) and so many cool moments were lost because the loving PS4's share feature is still broken :argh:

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Harrow posted:

Give me a Demon's Souls "remaster" and I can finally get rid of my PS3.

This should be pretty easy to do too, the only thing it needs is 60FPS and slightly redone player animations for an optional first person/King's Field mode.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Me and my friend played Battlefield 4 last night (great game btw, don't listen to anyone who says it isn't) and so many cool moments were lost because the loving PS4's share feature is still broken :argh:

I'm so glad I finally moved somewhere with good internet so I can just stream everything now and snip highlights from Twitch instead of relying on the Share function. Really wish they'd figure it out and fix it.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Hoping these re-re-HD remakes become the first to hit the big name PS+ titles.

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah
God. I only ever played maybe 5 hours of Sleeping Dogs on 360 because I got the game after I got my PS4 and it sorta looked like rear end. I dug what I played though. I saw the PC version looked amazing so I kept thinking I'd get it on sale for PC. I hate playing PC games though so this is good news!

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Skeezy posted:

Wei Shen motherfucker.

I wanted to like my 10€ PS3 Sleeping Dogs, but after coming from PC Sleeping Dogs I never liked it. PS4, definitive edition. That's it.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Space Racist posted:

Yes, but all the big AAA multiplat games were on PC, which makes porting to next-gen relatively simple.

Oh, certainly. I was just clarifying that while porting a last-gen game with a PC version is easy, PS3 exclusives aren't.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Actually this just makes me more angry that there isn't a "Souls Collection" for the PS4 in the works right now.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Already played and beat Sleeping Dogs on PC, but god drat, it was really fun. Tempted to double-dip this one. Are there details anywhere of exactly what's been improved? Other than 1080/60 and all the DLC.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
The Destiny Ghost edition is going for $300+ on ebay. :psyduck: My dog just had a $400 dollar surgery we couldn't really afford. Might have to sell my Amazon pre-order :smith:.

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

Ularg posted:

Actually this just makes me more angry that there isn't a "Souls Collection" for the PS4 in the works right now.

If there ever was as a candidate, that would be one - Demon/Dark souls at 60fps 1080p? Yeah I think that would sell.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

ddogflex posted:

God. I only ever played maybe 5 hours of Sleeping Dogs on 360 because I got the game after I got my PS4 and it sorta looked like rear end. I dug what I played though. I saw the PC version looked amazing so I kept thinking I'd get it on sale for PC. I hate playing PC games though so this is good news!

I just hook my PC up to my tv and plug the DS4 in when I want to just chill out without worrying about a mouse and keyboard.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Keep the remasters coming. They make good fodder for ps+.

I won't be happy until we get the Souls games and maybe Mass Effect in remasters editions. And while we're at it, dead space too.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

katkillad2 posted:

The Destiny Ghost edition is going for $300+ on ebay. :psyduck: My dog just had a $400 dollar surgery we couldn't really afford. Might have to sell my Amazon pre-order :smith:.

There was one that went for over $1000 a couple of days ago.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Oh hell yea deadspace. I can't even get Dead Space 3 to work on PC because it keeps crashing randomly. And Dead Space 1 I can't get past the tutorial because the doorway has an invisible wall in it.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

katkillad2 posted:

The Destiny editions are pretty much dressed-up crap. I seem to recall the $50 premium on the Ghost version is all for the Ghost figurine.

I'd be careful using eBay, though.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Hell yeah, more re-releases of games I have on PC but can't really enjoy fully until I upgrade my computer.

Give me that lazy couch console gaming :woop:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You can probably sell the components of the Ghost Edition separately on Ebay for more than the package cost combined.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Dead Space 3 should be left in a shallow grave and forgotten. I played through probably 75% of it with a buddy of mine and it seriously bastardized that series.

gameday
Apr 29, 2006

Hungry for sport

PantsBandit posted:

Dead Space 3 should be left in a shallow grave and forgotten. I played through probably 75% of it with a buddy of mine and it seriously bastardized that series.

This is absolutely correct. If your PC won't play Dead Space 3, it's only because it's trying to protect you.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Picked up a PS4 today! Also bought a 1TB solid state hybrid drive for it that'll be here tomorrow.

Usually I don't adopt a system quite this early, but gently caress it.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

haveblue posted:

You can probably sell the components of the Ghost Edition separately on Ebay for more than the package cost combined.
Could be the one-off grognard who'll never even unwrap the thing.

phayze5
Feb 1, 2005
My ps4 turned off a few seconds after launching resogun. When I turned it back on I got an error saying it was improperly shut down. Was this a freak crash or should I be worried about system failure?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Probably a freak crash. It happen to me when I was playing Merc Kings.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Skeezy posted:

Wei Shen motherfucker.
Sleeping Dogs is an incredible game that everyone should play through, but yeah, I've already played through it like 3 times on PC at this point so I don't feel the need to do so again.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Sleeping Dogs is the poo poo and I've wanted this since I discovered Steam Family Sharing for this game is broken (it "works" but everyone accesses the same branch of saves because Square Enix stores the save files in the game's data directory and multiple users will overwrite each-other's progress).

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

phayze5 posted:

My ps4 turned off a few seconds after launching resogun. When I turned it back on I got an error saying it was improperly shut down. Was this a freak crash or should I be worried about system failure?

I've had this twice with reso now.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
I'd take new games over "remasters" anyday.

gameday
Apr 29, 2006

Hungry for sport

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

I feel the same way, but it's unlikely for most companies that remasters are delaying new games. I doubt this update is going to slow production of the sequel at all, and new people will get to play an awesome game.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Yeah there certainly seem to be a lot more remasters than new games coming out so far this gen. Hell, in Microsoft's case, one of their big holiday releases is a remaster collection of Halo games. I wouldn't mind so much if it wasn't games I had already played. The Last Of Us made sense to release on PS4 because a lot of people who bought PS4s didn't own PS3s and never got the chance to play it last gen. But Sleeping Dogs was multiplatform...

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Capcom recently announced a remaster of the Gamecube Resident Evil remake, although since they can't re-render the backgrounds, it's just 1080p characters in front of upscaled and sharpened 480p images.

I wouldn't mind another Resident Evil 4 port, since they went to the bother to rewrite it to run at 60 fps for the recent PC port. It's a bit barebones on the PS3, just 720p30 with no AA.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Playing Fez and I thought I broke it near the start. The game was made by a genius.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Playing Fez and I thought I broke it near the start. The game was made by a genius.

Uh oh :can:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Yeah there certainly seem to be a lot more remasters than new games coming out so far this gen. Hell, in Microsoft's case, one of their big holiday releases is a remaster collection of Halo games. I wouldn't mind so much if it wasn't games I had already played. The Last Of Us made sense to release on PS4 because a lot of people who bought PS4s didn't own PS3s and never got the chance to play it last gen. But Sleeping Dogs was multiplatform...

Thus far, for the most part, remastered editions of games are more like "Game of the Year edition, just on a different console" releases, mainly targeting people who didn't play the original game(s) for whatever reason. The Halo Master Chief Collection is actually a bit of an anomaly marketing-wise because they are predominantly targeting people who already played the games.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

At the very least, these remasters are for games that are critically acclaimed. We're not seeing Fuse: Remastered or Inversion: Remastered, it's just good stuff.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
HEY! Trigger warning when you say Inversion.

Goddamn I hate that game.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

As long as these remasters are games I want to play, I'm happy. And I felt a little bad about only play :5bux: for Sleeping Dogs considering how much I enjoyed it and the fact that a sequel wasn't guaranteed (they are doing something now) So if buying the remaster gets us another sequel and/or that sequel faster. I'm all for it.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
Sleeping Dogs was pretty fun, I wouldn't pay $60 for it to play again though, even if it has all the DLC and a graphical upgrade. I felt like guns should have been left out, anytime you had to use them the game was less fun, the hand to hand was great and felt unique in a sandbox game, the guns didn't really add anything new I thought.

Also, totally :spergin: complaint but I hated how I'd do the leg break, everyone would :gonk: ...and then the guy would continue walking fine. You suck at breaking legs, Wei Shen!

Hopefully this means there's a sequel in the works, I wanna slam people into woodchippers again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
Well, I know what I'm getting in October.

• Locked thread