Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

PantsBandit posted:

What if I told you there are a lot of people that actually really enjoy Tom Clancy books :aaaaa:
There are lots of people that enjoy Duck Dynasty too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
So a shitload of Games Workshop games is the daily deal for $12.xx? I try adding it to my cart and it just adds Spacehulk at 12.xx and says already own it? Just a display bug?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

E2M2 posted:

So a shitload of Games Workshop games is the daily deal for $12.xx? I try adding it to my cart and it just adds Spacehulk at 12.xx and says already own it? Just a display bug?
if you click on the thing it takes you to the landing page for all of Games Workshop stuff on Steam. It looks like Space Hulk stuff is that price, the rest you gotta buy separately.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

highmodulus posted:

Well, in fairness- people liked his first 3-4 books before he went off the Mary Sue deep-end with his crazy politics and such forth.

Red Storm Rising was his best IMHO

My point is it's loving stupid to assume that a story can't be entertaining and serious while also being based on flimsy politics and the guy also was bringing up Homefront 1 as the problem which is also stupid because the whole point I've been trying to make this entire time is that Homefront 2 is the chance to do a similar concept but do it right. As in, reel in the absurdity or go full out with it so it doesn't suffer from that disconnect.

Who gives a poo poo whether you personally like Tom Clancy or not, it's just an example of serious stories built on unrealistic concepts.

Edit:

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

You're right, opinions are meaningless. Let's never discuss our opinions again and just view everything objectively like robots from now on.

Ok so I guess you're just messing with me at this point because you're the one who tried to throw out my point about Tom Clancy books because you personally don't like them soooo :confused:

PantsBandit fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Aug 6, 2014

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

E2M2 posted:

Ever since the daily deal began covering catalogue-wide sales, they've needed to revamp that button. It seems to just pick one random price and run with that for the day, despite there being about 20 deals on under the banner.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Sober posted:

if you click on the thing it takes you to the landing page for all of Games Workshop stuff on Steam. It looks like Space Hulk stuff is that price, the rest you gotta buy separately.

Thing is under that tab Spacehulk is at $19.99. Weird.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

The best thing about homefront is that there are only 4 guns so they added on different optics and counted each one as a seperate weapon.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

E2M2 posted:

Thing is under that tab Spacehulk is at $19.99. Weird.

that's the space hulk ultimate pack. click to its store page and you'll see the base game at 12.49

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

PantsBandit posted:

What if I told you there are a lot of people that actually really enjoy Tom Clancy books :aaaaa:

You seem to believe that everyone needs to like the same things as you.

You're right, opinions are meaningless. Let's never discuss our opinions again and just view everything objectively like robots from now on.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
The big question is, why would you pick North Korea over any other loving country/military force in the world. If we're just going to disregard reality, why settle for the least interesting military force in the world? Vanquish had the right idea, bring back the Space Russians.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

iastudent posted:

Games Workshop's catalog is today's daily deal.

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/gamesworkshopsale

On that note, lately I've been playing a lot of Talisman: Digital Edition when I just need something chill to do and it's pretty fun. I thought about snagging a couple copies for friends from the sale but according to Steam forums it has a lot of stability issues online.

The main problem with running Talisman with other players is that at that point, you're playing Talisman. Treating it as a very elaborate time-wasting queue-filler solitaire card game improves the game immensely.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Lance Streetman posted:

The big question is, why would you pick North Korea over any other loving country/military force in the world. If we're just going to disregard reality, why settle for the least interesting military force in the world? Vanquish had the right idea, bring back the Space Russians.

I thought the idea of über north Koreans was funny and interesting enough but the game is 4 hours at the longest.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

PrinceRandom posted:

I thought the idea of über north Koreans was funny and interesting enough but the game is 4 hours at the longest.
It took me 3.5 hours according to steam and I know for sure I spend at least half an hour in the menu. :v:

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Man, let Cuba invade for once. Cyborg Zombie Castro activates his thousands of sleeper agent refugees and nanobot mind-control cigars to seize the nation in a matter of days. That leaves it up to a rag-tag band of unlikely heroes to storm Nuevo Havana (formerly Miami) and end his reign of sorta-communism from beyond the robo-grave.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Talking about North Korea is making me miss Mercenaries 1.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

PrinceRandom posted:

Best thing to ever come out of that franchise is that LP of Mercs 2 from a few years ago. Only LP that's ever made me just laugh my rear end off.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

iastudent posted:

On that note, lately I've been playing a lot of Talisman: Digital Edition when I just need something chill to do and it's pretty fun. I thought about snagging a couple copies for friends from the sale but according to Steam forums it has a lot of stability issues online.
I've played 14 hours with other goons and not had an issue.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

PrinceRandom posted:

Talking about Mercenaries 1 is making me miss Mercenaries 2 multiplayer. Poorly synched physics effects have never been so fun.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

PantsBandit posted:

Best thing to ever come out of that franchise is that LP of Mercs 2 from a few years ago. Only LP that's ever made me just laugh my rear end off.

I bet Just Cause had a bit of inspiration from Mercenaries so there's that.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Apparently Saira is free. Can't check, because I already own it. Decent enough platformer 'em up.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Jonathan Yeah! posted:

Apparently Saira is free. Can't check, because I already own it. Decent enough platformer 'em up.

Can confirm it's free.

(Grab it goons. It's rather interesting.)

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.
If I own Blood Bowl Legendary Edition (when the hell did I get this?) is it worth getting Chaos Edition?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Mokinokaro posted:

Can confirm it's free.

(Grab it goons. It's rather interesting.)

I had to actually install it for it to show up in my library and then uninstalling it removed it again

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Awesome! posted:

I had to actually install it for it to show up in my library and then uninstalling it removed it again

That usually means it's free forever and not some promo.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I really wanted to get into Divinity 2, but argh. The game keeps teasing me about awesome dragons and awesome strongholds, but it's been doing this for goddamn hours. Every time I finish an objective to get to the cool stuff, more objectives pop up that I need to complete before I can get to the cool stuff. Just threw my hands into the air when I finally reached dragon island, or whatever it is, and got given yet another laundry list of stuff to complete beforehand.

Fffffuck, stop going on about stuff if you're going to keep it out of the player's reach.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

If I own Blood Bowl Legendary Edition (when the hell did I get this?) is it worth getting Chaos Edition?

As a corollary question: if I own neither which should I get, or should I just play FUMBBL?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Palpek posted:

Ok cool, now I believe you.

I think Homefront failed mainly because the game was just really boring and bad and the level design was too corridor-like even for the genre. I can't even counnt how many times the game had you open doors and your teammates went always first so it was like you were just in their way all the time etc. I don't think people would care about the villain being North Korea if the game itself wasn't garbage.

Lets not forget you could also finish it in just 4 hours, and that's if you were taking your time.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

poptart_fairy posted:

I really wanted to get into Divinity 2, but argh. The game keeps teasing me about awesome dragons and awesome strongholds, but it's been doing this for goddamn hours. Every time I finish an objective to get to the cool stuff, more objectives pop up that I need to complete before I can get to the cool stuff. Just threw my hands into the air when I finally reached dragon island, or whatever it is, and got given yet another laundry list of stuff to complete beforehand.

Fffffuck, stop going on about stuff if you're going to keep it out of the player's reach.

That dragon island is when you finally put together your stronghold and get to do dragon stuff :v:

Though honestly the stronghold and dragon parts aren't that much more interesting than the rest of the game. If the rest of it didn't grab you those things aren't going to suddenly make you love everything about the game.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Male Man posted:

As a corollary question: if I own neither which should I get, or should I just play FUMBBL?

Honesty? Unless you want to get into a group that plays Cyanide's version, stick to FUMBBL. Chaos Edition adds a few more teams, and in my opinion it isn't worth the upgrade price if you have Legendary Edition. For new players, though, you might as well grab Chaos.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Kibayasu posted:

That dragon island is when you finally put together your stronghold and get to do dragon stuff :v:

Though honestly the stronghold and dragon parts aren't that much more interesting than the rest of the game. If the rest of it didn't grab you those things aren't going to suddenly make you love everything about the game.

I guess, just seems like a shame you know? The game's sense of humour was absolutely fantastic, but I didn't feel any real attachment to the story or mechanics themselves. I tried, I really did! :saddowns:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

poptart_fairy posted:

I guess, just seems like a shame you know? The game's sense of humour was absolutely fantastic, but I didn't feel any real attachment to the story or mechanics themselves. I tried, I really did! :saddowns:

LARIAN

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Male Man posted:

Chaos edition has the most teams available, otherwise its the same game. Worth it if you want to play Chaos Dwarves, Khorne (lol) or Underworld teams. FUMBBL is still the same old thing it's always been which has its ups and downs. As someone who's used both, I prefer the concessions that Cyanide's blood bowl has, less mucking around to just get the thing started, press and go matchmaking, etc.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Gee I wonder what's in the Top Sellers toda-

:catstare:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

abraham linksys posted:

What.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

iastudent posted:

Oh cool, an opportunity to pick up the SPESH MARINE Chaos Exterminatus DLC on the cheap.

Wait no. The Space Marine DLC isn't on sale. It's only on sale if you buy it as part of the Space Marine bundle.

God. Damnit. :(

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

abraham linksys posted:

:buzzkill:

It's obviously by revenue so of course if enough people buy it it'll rise up the list by virtue of dollars being spent on it.

That being said I'm curious about what exactly it is since a friend actually bought the 50$ founder pack.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Sober posted:

:buzzkill:

It's obviously by revenue so of course if enough people buy it it'll rise up the list by virtue of dollars being spent on it.

That being said I'm curious about what exactly it is since a friend actually bought the 50$ founder pack.

Bog standard Korean MMO grindfest with bad controls, but it has boats.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

abraham linksys posted:

Well, top sellers are actually ranked by revenue and not sales. But that doesn't make that much less surprising.

Real talk, Archeage actually seems kind of cool in how it's trying to make this UO style open sandbox, but it also looks kind of flawed and lovely like many F2P korean MMOs. And apparently most of the cool sandbox stuff is hidden behind a paid subscription anyways.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

The most fun I got out of my time with ArcheAge was bootleg rafting down waterfalls in a rowboat. The rest of the game was fairly rote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Epic trope, my man... ftw. :D

• Locked thread