Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

I'm afraid we have no time for codes and manners.

twoday posted:

Welp, I wasn't expecting that to be true, but

e: still doesn't explain what the bear was trying to do.

Seriouspost: it was trying to break through to a seal den above the water in the ice, it could hear them moving under the ice but didn't know how thick the ice was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

rock rock posted:

OK so I was wondering what a Caeser is and apparently it's some sort of foul bloody mary with clam juice in it?!? What the gently caress Canada? Allegedly this is your most popular mixed drink. Made with Clamato juice, a delicious blend of tomato and clams. But it doesn't stop there, ohhhh no.

So, is it any good?

I drank the one on the left back in college on a dare and it gave me food poisoning so bad I almost had to be hospitized. Thanks Big Lots.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

It's a selfie

The story behind that photo and the debate it ignited makes it even better.

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I have a feeling that once this game comes out it won't be the last time we'll get a picture like that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L54s2m1dPs

zin
Nov 3, 2003

WHEEEAOOOW

Tobias Fünke - the early years.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

twoday posted:

Welp, I wasn't expecting that to be true, but

A headstand.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

This was posted in the Idiots on Social Media thread.

This is the correct thread.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

rock rock posted:

OK so I was wondering what a Caeser is and apparently it's some sort of foul bloody mary with clam juice in it?!? What the gently caress Canada? Allegedly this is your most popular mixed drink. Made with Clamato juice, a delicious blend of tomato and clams. But it doesn't stop there, ohhhh no.

So, is it any good?

I love caesars, the spicier the better. My husband and I also made cheladas before we even knew they were a thing, we just figured they'd go good together.

Now I'm craving a caesar. Thanks Funny Picture Thread. :(

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Burma-Shave.

I'll, um, I'll pass.

I don't know, Owen is probably cold by now.

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Picnic Princess posted:

I love caesars, the spicier the better. My husband and I also made cheladas before we even knew they were a thing, we just figured they'd go good together.

Now I'm craving a caesar. Thanks Funny Picture Thread. :(

Ok, as a regular Bloody Mary drinker, but not a big fan of clams (I like them fried, steamed makes me want to gag), I'm going to have to try this. Savory.. I like savory.

Any tips on which brands of mix to try? Or, ideas on doctoring up existing mixes (I have to add more hot sauce, and garlic to mine)?

And, not to totes derail:

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Not bad, but I still think this one's the winner.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

I love these. The only thing wrong with them is that there aren't hundreds of them. I've seen some attempts at making more of them, but they suck compared to the original series.

Have an old-fashioned monkey knife fight.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Any tips on which brands of mix to try? Or, ideas on doctoring up existing mixes (I have to add more hot sauce, and garlic to mine)?
Buy some Clamato and add what you would usually add to tomato juice to make the kind of Bloody Mary you like.

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

I'm afraid we have no time for codes and manners.
Also use a spicy pickled green bean or two instead of celery. This is apparently vitally important because of cocktail reasons.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I'll, um, I'll pass.

Cookie? Ok, might skip the hot dog though

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

One Swell Foop posted:

Also use a spicy pickled green bean or two instead of celery. This is apparently vitally important because of cocktail reasons.

The best local eatery in Victoria garnishes their bourbon caesars with pickled asparagus and candied bacon. Clamato juice best juice.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

thread posted:

tomatoclams

Just drink straight vodka like normal humans gosh.

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

This one doesn't work for me because it's so anachronistic. Panera Bread didn't exist until the 90's and Tapout wasn't around until the 2000s. Or is that like the point and I'm missing it? There weren't people on scooters in the 80s either, I guess.

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

Chard posted:

It's pretty much just to cure hangovers.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

FishBulb posted:

Ive seen those bloody marys around before and I have so many questions, like where do I get them and how much do they cost

The Milwaukee Brewer one comes from Davey's Pub in Fond du Lac, WI. They're five bucks. They own so hard.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

cowboythreespeech posted:

It's pretty much just to cure hangovers.

Chard posted:

was I unclear?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Yard Sard dyslexia strikes again!

And various outer pictures.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011

twoday posted:

Breach the ice to get out delicious, delicious seal pups beneath it. Or some other form of burrow dwelling animal.

EDIT: Beaten, what I get for reply before looking at this page.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

stubblyhead posted:

Not bad, but I still think this one's the winner.

I don't know if that picture originated in Russia, but I hope it did and I hope the parents beat those kids.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

im pooping! posted:

I don't know if that picture originated in Russia, but I hope it did and I hope the parents beat those kids.

Cool

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Wanna click that less button.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

That could just be proof that he has small hands. Too many variables.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

ubergnu
Jun 7, 2002

Failed gothic

Elephant telepathy reading quote: "Aaaw yiss!"

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Ok, as a regular Bloody Mary drinker, but not a big fan of clams (I like them fried, steamed makes me want to gag), I'm going to have to try this. Savory.. I like savory.

I hate seafood more than anyone, yet I love Clamato. It does not taste like clams. It's like fish sauce. It's really just tastes like extra salt. I find name brand Clamato tastier than no name brands, and there doesn't seem to be any other version out there as far as I can tell.

If you ever come to Canada and order in restaurants (at least in Calgary) you usually can order half spice, regular, or extra spice. Most of that has to do with the salt on the rim of the glass. If you go to a bar where these aren't an option, find a new bar.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Clamato seriously sounds like a name of the kind of disease that would get you banned from the swimming pool.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

Clamato seriously sounds like a name of the kind of disease that would get you banned from the swimming pool.

Chlamydo - Tastes Like Fish!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

At last, a 50 Shades for my people.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

*Ahem*

:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU