Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
That reminds me that September will be Future's End solos for all of New 52 right? At least that's a month I can cut my DC pulls out of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wait, is that goddamn event still going on?

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

It's not an event, it's a year long weekly series. From what I've read of it, Azz's stuff with Batman Beyond is great and Lemire's stuff with Frank and the gang is ok but Giffen and Jurgens have written rubbish. It's a shame there's no way to just buy the Batman Beyond storyline.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Trast posted:

Did they finally let go of some of the guys stuck in the '90s?

No they just hide the ones that aren't in a little corner of digital first and pretend it doesn't exist.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Trast posted:

Did they finally let go of some of the guys stuck in the '90s?

No, they're still in charge.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
I'll have to look into the digital first stuff while continuing to be sad about DC in general.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Zilius Zox was legitimately one of my favorite characters in the New 52.

drat you, Charles Soule :(

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Gavok posted:

Zilius Zox was legitimately one of my favorite characters in the New 52.

drat you, Charles Soule :(

It tells a lot of Soule skill as writer and Venditti's lack of it that despite hitting the same beats with their stories (sudden enemies always a step forward, heroes havin phyrric victories at best) Atrocities is a stronger story than Uprising.

Havin said that it looks like Guy will be the only RL at the end. :ohdear:

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
Green Arrow was a fantastic end to the best Ollie run in like 20 years. God, I wish this team would have lasted another year.

Hopefully the Futures End issue has one thing thats sort of left unresolved,

The Magus? Where is he, what is he?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Btw that goes on for like five pages at the end of Earth 2.
EDIT: I just noticed 52 #1 in the background and I am getting so excited.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

Senor Candle posted:

Btw that goes on for like five pages at the end of Earth 2.
EDIT: I just noticed 52 #1 in the background and I am getting so excited.

Yeah even my digital copy of Green Arrow had it. What the gently caress.

NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

I've got the advantage. You've got nothing.
Batman Eternal as well. DC loves to shove previews into all their books on a weekly basis. I'd rather prefer the direct preview over whatever the hell Channel 52 was supposed to be.

But it's totally not ad copy, though.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Phantom Stranger was great but it was a bit of a copout turning Zauriel into a woman after last issue revelations. Doomed, GA, E2, ST, were loving awesome; Grayson is becoming weird, Eternal was acceptable and GL...is still loving dumb :cripes: It had some good moments though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Phantom Stranger was great but it was a bit of a copout turning Zauriel into a woman after last issue revelations. Doomed, GA, E2, ST, were loving awesome; Grayson is becoming weird, Eternal was acceptable and GL...is still loving dumb :cripes: It had some good moments though.

The Superman books were the big winners for me this week. I am suddenly loving DOOMED.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Phantom Stranger was great but it was a bit of a copout turning Zauriel into a woman after last issue revelations.

What the gently caress DC.

That makes me so angry and I wasn't even following Phantom Stranger.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WickedHate posted:

So the Question can be a woman but an Angel can't?

Sexist.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
How are they playing it? Like was Zauriel always a lady or did Zauriel turn into a lady because they want to go to the Phantom Bonezone?

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

WickedHate posted:

I'll admit I haven't been following either, but why is that bad

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

hup posted:

I'll admit I haven't been following either, but why is that bad

My understanding is that one of the big reveals recently was that the angel was in love with a man. Which people considered somewhat interesting and progressive because, hey, two guys. So once that reveal happened boom, lady.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rhyno posted:

So the Question can be a woman but an Angel can't?

Sexist.

The question was a different person.

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

My understanding is that one of the big reveals recently was that the angel was in love with a man. Which people considered somewhat interesting and progressive because, hey, two guys. So once that reveal happened boom, lady.

Oh, then that's lovely. That's a lovely thing to do.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Grayson #2 was pretty good! A fun spy romp with hints at bigger things at play. I really liked the new character. A super speedster who resorts to cannibalism because corpses are available and her super metabolism is driving her mad.

I'll keep reading it, but might still wait for the trade from here on out. Also the Multiversity ad at the end (which I assume is in all DC books right now) was rad. It's weird to be sliiightly more interested in New52.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Earth 2 was pretty drat great save for the NOT Superman (Bizzaro) crumbling into dust because he's allergic to ?????(He's allergic to Black Superman! :v:) Did think it was kind of a crap copout to show it wasn't really Clark doing all that heinous poo poo but I guess it has to differentiate itself from Injustice somehow.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Can someone explain to me exactly how Clark was able to neutralize the Doomsday virus? Was it just because there was no kryptonite in the air? If so, why didn't he do that in the first place?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Goon posted:

Can someone explain to me exactly how Clark was able to neutralize the Doomsday virus? Was it just because there was no kryptonite in the air? If so, why didn't he do that in the first place?

I don't think it's entirely gone yet but the extreme dose of solar rays added to Lois's faith in him might have helped him fight it down completely.

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

SirDan3k posted:

How are they playing it? Like was Zauriel always a lady or did Zauriel turn into a lady because they want to go to the Phantom Bonezone?

Zauriel was a man who followed Phantom Stranger around from a distance and eventually fell in love with him. He gets injured pretty badly in the Blight event and dies in the aftermath whereupon PS finds out about this. Then the Stranger goes off challenging God and the like to bring him back to life and he is reborn as a woman. It's written off as "A new form for my new birth" but at the same time the story doesn't necessarily have Stranger reciprocate those feelings and it just ends with Zauriel, Stranger and 13 going off on new adventures. So it's one of those weird things where Zauriel is now a woman but it's not like they'll do a story involving the two falling in love or anything given that Stranger is going to be chilling with Pandora and Question soon.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

AFoolAndHisMoney posted:

Zauriel was a man who followed Phantom Stranger around from a distance and eventually fell in love with him. He gets injured pretty badly in the Blight event and dies in the aftermath whereupon PS finds out about this. Then the Stranger goes off challenging God and the like to bring him back to life and he is reborn as a woman. It's written off as "A new form for my new birth" but at the same time the story doesn't necessarily have Stranger reciprocate those feelings and it just ends with Zauriel, Stranger and 13 going off on new adventures. So it's one of those weird things where Zauriel is now a woman but it's not like they'll do a story involving the two falling in love or anything given that Stranger is going to be chilling with Pandora and Question soon.

Yeah, that's why I say it was bit of a copout. Amusingly enough the only difference between male Zauriel and female Zauriel are her boobs. The face is exactly the same

I really liked the way God was written and is a shame he was phased out of the book.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Yeah, that's why I say it was bit of a copout. Amusingly enough the only difference between male Zauriel and female Zauriel are her boobs. The face is exactly the same

Gee, what a worthwhile change. Totally necessary.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

WickedHate posted:

Gee, what a worthwhile change. Totally necessary.
For DC, the opportunity to add extraneous boobage is paramount.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
So does Zauriel run around with an unbuttoned shirt like Cassandra Craft did for the whole last arc or was that meant to be a winking reference to the fact that CC was blind?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

So Grayson #2 was pretty much a copy and paste story of #1. Ok.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
November variants Lego

And RHATO keeps being ignored, goddamit DC :argh:

spacejung posted:

So does Zauriel run around with an unbuttoned shirt like Cassandra Craft did for the whole last arc or was that meant to be a winking reference to the fact that CC was blind?

Male Zauriel was shirtless

Female Zauriel has straps over her breasts

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's called Transubstantiation. It's in the Bible, look it up heathens.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Male Zauriel was made of stale cracker?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Mr. Maltose posted:

Crackers do not matter!

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

bobkatt013 posted:

Crackers do not matter!

How about PIZZA and MARGARITA SHOOTERS!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

The Action Man posted:

How about PIZZA and MARGARITA SHOOTERS!

Nobody has margaritas with pizza!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mr. Maltose posted:

DC's filled with stale crackers these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Aphrodite posted:

DC's filled with stale crackers these days.

:drat:

• Locked thread