Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Deagle is getting nerfed

Probably for the best although I love that thing. I can usually get kills at 50 or so meters with 2 good shots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
I play as engineer. They really need to nerf assault, support and recon classes.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

P90 is getting buffed.

I can't believe you said that without jizzing everywhere

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Having to get 20 headshots with the terrible Unica, the Deagle should be a goddamn death laser.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

tehinternet posted:

I'm remaining guarded, it may not be enough of a buff to return things to my halcyon BF3 days.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

thenicko33 posted:

I didn't even get to hear any rage because I was too busy lagging in and out that round. Shame, I really wanted to poo poo on that garbo clan that ran tow/citv lav.

Honestly, I'm really considering bringing the server back just because I don't want to play crap like Shanghai, Hainan, or Flood Zone. Even loving Locker is fun now that we run mortar pain squads on the outside, but those three maps? Holy poo poo are they bad and boring.

Hell, even loving Zavod (Someguy and Fastest can back me up on how bad that map is on 360) is fun since I can farm the center points with the mbt or we can run LAV pain-train squads on the outside lanes.

Zavod on 360 is unplayable. And not in the Dawnbreaker sort of way. The map is hideous looking, the anti-aliasing is seemingly non existent, and with 12v12 it is desolate. Doubly so when 1/4 of your team camps on of the two rooftops or rolls in the helos.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

bringer posted:

Nah, it's pretty easy at least on console. PC numbers are a lot more volatile with pistol only servers, instant vehicle respawns, and other weird edge cases, but on console you can rank by skill or spm and it's a close reflection of how the scoreboard at the end of a round will normally look if you've got all those same players.

It's like any other statistics system - there will be outliers and good days vs bad ones, but after a couple hundred hours it's likely that the averages hold true. Certain stats are more game-able than others (look at the two longest headshots, it's pretty clear that they traded those) and you can boost your win/loss into the stratosphere if you don't mind taking a hit on your finish percentage, but there are a few stats that when take together give you a very good idea of overall ability.

Score per minute is only one piece of the puzzle, same with skill or even kill/death.

Hey Bringer. On matt's behalf.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=735939499799278&l=0ef0e9146c

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Having to get 20 headshots with the terrible Unica, the Deagle should be a goddamn death laser.

I still don't see why everyone thinks this is so bad. I got all the headshots in 4 or 5 matches. Just aim center mass, and the massive recoil does the rest.

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

10 Beers posted:

I still don't see why everyone thinks this is so bad. I got all the headshots in 4 or 5 matches. Just aim center mass, and the massive recoil does the rest.

Yeah, the Unica really doesn't seem that bad, haven't had chance to pick one off someone's corpse (least not long enough to fire it), but I've seen plenty of kills in the feed come up for it, especially on pistols only servers.

Glad the Desert Eagle is getting a nerf though, it does seem to pretty much piss all over most other pistols currently.

On the plus side, all this headshot requiring nonsense has meant a bunch of pistols only servers (that are policed by admins) have popped up lately so I've been grinding out those pistol kills for my unloved handguns (so everything but the 1911 really).

Had some good man shooting lately. Even chatted with some folks in squad. Though that could've been the gin mojitos.

bringer
Oct 16, 2005

I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT

I stand corrected, that's a hell of a shot.

Big Floppy
Apr 30, 2006

Seedge posted:

Why not use the PS4 picture function? Or were you recording the game on your phone?

Sadly that wasn't the picture I was going for and it was from the PS4 picture taker. It was just slow to wake up and take the pic and then failed me horribly by missing the 3 others I was trying to spam to get. I wish I had video instead.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

tehinternet posted:

Hell yeah. When does the patch hit? I'm stoked.

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013
Just had a super fun round of zavod with a random team mate against a team full of new players that they ended up winning because they had a few more people to hold down the points better than we could http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/2/497147807255823168/194214896/ even though we lost it was probably the funnest game i've had since i started playing this again in the last few weeks too bad theres not too many goons still on the 360 version

lostleaf
Jul 12, 2009
Sony is having a sale on Battlefield Premium for $32. Any goons please chime in if this is worth it or not. I haven't played in about 3 months.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/battlefield-4-premium/cid=UP0006-BLUS31162_00-PREMIUM000000000

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
I signed up on the goon site. I haven't played a BF game since 1942 on PC and briefly the remake on 360. I suck but am enjoying the process. I tend to stick with the support role, stay behind and cover with my m240 and place claymores where I think they might help. Aside from keeping people full on ammo and spotting enemies when I can, I figure Ill get good eventually.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

I signed up on the goon site. I haven't played a BF game since 1942 on PC and briefly the remake on 360. I suck but am enjoying the process. I tend to stick with the support role, stay behind and cover with my m240 and place claymores where I think they might help. Aside from keeping people full on ammo and spotting enemies when I can, I figure Ill get good eventually.

You're already better than most pubbies that play the game, ammo bags and the spot button are poison the them. And besides, shooting mans is the most boring way to play anyway, stick with support and you'll get a bunch of fun toys like the UCAV to ruin people's day with.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

lostleaf posted:

Sony is having a sale on Battlefield Premium for $32. Any goons please chime in if this is worth it or not. I haven't played in about 3 months.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/battlefield-4-premium/cid=UP0006-BLUS31162_00-PREMIUM000000000

If you want more maps to play on and more guns to play with, it's worth it. If you're satisfied with the base game, don't bother.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

NESguerilla posted:

Hell yeah. When does the patch hit? I'm stoked.

They're CTE changes for now, so probably means they'll filter down in a month or two.

Someguy
Jul 15, 2001

by Lowtax
If you're really interested in playing DLC you kind of have to jump on it as it's released, because later on toward the end of the game's lifespan no one is going to be playing much of the DLC at all.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

lostleaf posted:

It was just on sale for the XBox and I bought it. I'm having fun doing the Dragon's Crest Toothpaste assignments, and the maps and Chainlink are pretty fun. Haven't tried Second Assault or Naval Strike yet, but I feel it was worth it.

If you really like the base game and see yourself playing it for a while, then buy it. This is most likely the cheapest Premium will be for a good long while.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

lostleaf posted:

You're getting 5 DLCs for basically the price of two. Go for it.

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
holy poo poo the gunship is so drat irritating. 31-2 in a tank playing solo (oh god I never want to play this game solo again), only two deaths were from gunship.

it's so drat stupid how the commander can insta-respawn it the moment it dies. didn't help that I was an hvt about a 1/4 of the round.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

thenicko33 posted:

holy poo poo the gunship is so drat irritating. 31-2 in a tank playing solo (oh god I never want to play this game solo again), only two deaths were from gunship.

it's so drat stupid how the commander can insta-respawn it the moment it dies. didn't help that I was an hvt about a 1/4 of the round.

So you have 31 kills, marked as an HVT for a while, and you're complaining about dying... twice?

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
me complaining about dying doesn't change the fact that the gunship in its current state is ridiculous. it needs alteast a 60 second cooldown once it's been destroyed.

What I would do is slightly buff the armor versus maa and attack jet guns, but increase the cooldown to about 90 seconds.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

thenicko33 posted:

me complaining about dying doesn't change the fact that the gunship in its current state is ridiculous. it needs alteast a 60 second cooldown once it's been destroyed.

What I would do is slightly buff the armor versus maa and attack jet guns, but increase the cooldown to about 90 seconds.

Sounds like you didn't have any engineers on your team. I practically only feed on gunships. :yum:

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

So you have 31 kills, marked as an HVT for a while, and you're complaining about dying... twice?

To be fair, the gunship being able to respawn immediately after getting taken out is pretty dumb. Aside from a few easy kills what's even the point in trying?

At least with other vehicles they take a while to respawn so you manage to have some time to advance after taking them out.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
I think he got a bit unlucky. It's rare that people use the gunship when I play Commander. I use all of the abilities when I can and order every squad to specific points every couple minutes or so and I will get my second service star before I get to 10 commander leadership ribbons (have 7 so far) because pubbies gonna pub.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Charles Martel posted:

I think he got a bit unlucky. It's rare that people use the gunship when I play Commander. I use all of the abilities when I can and order every squad to specific points every couple minutes or so and I will get my second service star before I get to 10 commander leadership ribbons (have 7 so far) because pubbies gonna pub.

Most of the time I just have to set objectives that they're already running towards and hope I get the points for it, but every once in a while I'll get that perfect team with five our six full squads and not a herd of loving snipers and they obey me perfectly and it's loving magic

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

lostleaf posted:

It still shows as full price on the EU/Aus/NZ store.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Reason #3820691 why America kicks rear end.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

thenicko33 posted:

Dice has said that was a mistake having the gunship timer on instant. I don't mind the gunship so long as I'm flying and I can reap the mountain of free kills from it. There's one Naval Strike map where it can hit the whole map and it's broken as hell.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
After unlocking the Phantom Initiate camo, I'm disappointed it's not more like an over-the-top CoD style. I was hoping it would be more skull-y.

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011

tehinternet posted:

Dice has said that was a mistake having the gunship timer on instant. I don't mind the gunship so long as I'm flying and I can reap the mountain of free kills from it. There's one Naval Strike map where it can hit the whole map and it's broken as hell.

do you ever plan on coming back to consoles? I really miss our bf3 rape squad. me and mail are holding it down until fastest and someguy come over, but drat it'll never be the same without you.

vv, that's easier said than done, especially when there's infantry, tanks, and the occasional jet gunning for me. I tried multiple times to grab the ac130 flag, but most times I couldn't get it because I had no support from infy.

Tanking 101, never push for contested flags with little to no infantry support.

I'm not necessarily complaining about dieing to it, yeah, I know that occasionally I will die to it, but what is really annoying about it is dieing to it after it just instantly respawned before I could get into cover/aps recharges.

thenicko33 fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Aug 7, 2014

chaymie
Apr 5, 2008
i have made so many sharefactory videos in bf4 i judge game purchases based on whether i can have fun making montages.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

thenicko33 posted:

So, after you died to an asset tied to a flag, you then went and took the flag, preventing the enemy team from using an asset to kill you? No, you didn't.

The gunship takes about 5 seconds to reload. Assuming pubbies wait to respawn in it, you've at least ten seconds to cross the map and take the point that the AC-130 can defend. :colbert:

shomakkaa
Apr 5, 2011

Long time lurker reporting in;

I've finally done most of the assignments I intend on doing, now to actually play a bit of BF4 for fun... I'm currently messing around with the FLIR (2x) on a M98B; when things go right it's great fun. There's also an occasional bug that gets rid of the IR fluff leaving you with a rather nice, simple and large 2x red dot sight until you change weapon/equipment.

Also, the UCAV, its a beautiful thing indeed. I love the sound it makes.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

thenicko33 posted:

do you ever plan on coming back to consoles? I really miss our bf3 rape squad. me and mail are holding it down until fastest and someguy come over, but drat it'll never be the same without you.

Not any time soon man, just dumped a lot of money into my house and I haven't seen anything that rustles my jimmies for the bone or ps4 yet. I lurk this thread to relive the halcyon days.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

tehinternet posted:

Not any time soon man, just dumped a lot of money into my house and I haven't seen anything that rustles my jimmies for the bone or ps4 yet. I lurk this thread to relive the halcyon days.

Yeah, I'm going to guess that unless things really change having a PC alone is going to be more viable this generation than before. By the way, did you know there is a multiplayer mod for Skyrim?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Lazyfire posted:

Yeah, I'm going to guess that unless things really change having a PC alone is going to be more viable this generation than before. By the way, did you know there is a multiplayer mod for Skyrim?

Eh, I'd rather have people to play with for a game like Battlefield. I plan on getting a PS4 when I have the money and BF4 with it, then probably get Hardline on PC for when I feel like playing with a mouse. If I never planned on playing on console again I wouldn't post in this thread, but until then I'll just stick to playing BF4 at a friend's house occasionally and BF3 at my own.

Skyrim multiplayer sounds awful and I don't know why you would want that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

Manatee Cannon posted:

Eh, I'd rather have people to play with for a game like Battlefield. I plan on getting a PS4 when I have the money and BF4 with it, then probably get Hardline on PC for when I feel like playing with a mouse. If I never planned on playing on console again I wouldn't post in this thread, but until then I'll just stick to playing BF4 at a friend's house occasionally and BF3 at my own.

Skyrim multiplayer sounds awful and I don't know why you would want that.

I will personally fly you around for your inaugural next-gen Firestorm tour. :patriot:

• Locked thread