Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The gently caress is this poo poo! This isn't method!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ufarn
May 30, 2009

zoux posted:

The gently caress is this poo poo! This isn't method!
I wonder what's up with his clothes being fitted like crap.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

ufarn posted:

If it means anything, it's probably meant to indicate that he's a poor lawyer who takes common people cases for minimal cash and as such, buys off the rack instead of getting fancy tailored suits.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Or because he's blind he doesn't know how suits should look, and therefore wears it wrong.

(Or maybe I'll pulling this outta my rear end cause his super power is that he's blind, but he can see?)

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Detail on that get kind-of fuzzy since there's no actual way to portray how Daredevil's sonar-sense or whatever visually without just making it looks like he sees the world in photonegative or some poo poo, but the official word is still that he's actually blind.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

mind the walrus posted:

Detail on that get kind-of fuzzy since there's no actual way to portray how Daredevil's sonar-sense or whatever visually without just making it looks like he sees the world in photonegative or some poo poo, but the official word is still that he's actually blind.

Saw what you will about the Fox movie, but I liked the effect they used for it.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Gaz-L posted:

Saw what you will about the Fox movie, but I liked the effect they used for it.

Yeah, this. The fight at the end with Kingpin and the scene with Jennifer Garner in the rain were pretty well done in particular, if memory serves.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Thirded. Also, the sonar sequence from The Dark Knight would be another effective way to do it.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I actually liked the Affleck Daredevil movie, but I thought it was funny how Mark Wade made it a point to mention, in his recent run, that the sound of rain actually makes it harder for Matt to focus.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Daredevil actually had a Director's Cut that, while it still doesn't make the Seesaw poo poo and similar scenes go away, adds some more depth to the character of Matt Murdock. They cast Coolio as the innocent victim that Matt is representing and cut his entire sub-plot out of the film.

I also thought the villains were extremely strong.

But I haven't watched the film in years so who knows how well it has aged.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

notthegoatseguy posted:

Daredevil actually had a Director's Cut that, while it still doesn't make the Seesaw poo poo and similar scenes go away, adds some more depth to the character of Matt Murdock. They cast Coolio as the innocent victim that Matt is representing and cut his entire sub-plot out of the film.

I also thought the villains were extremely strong.

But I haven't watched the film in years so who knows how well it has aged.

The Bullseye scene in the church was terrible from what I can remember. I don't remember the villains being strong at all. Maybe Kingpin was alright I guess, but I can't remember.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Bullseye was a massive ham who indulged the worst of Frank Miller/Kevin Smith "look at how loving deadly he makes this mundane object!" tendencies in like five or six scenes, and The Kingpin was well-cast but wasn't really given anything to do other than glower and look menacing.

Maybe the director's cut gives more for the Kingpin, but yea ToastyPotato is right-- the church scene was awful.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Bullseye is a character that needs to be hammy though, and Colin Farrell brought a lot of fun to the role. He's a lot like Ryan Reynolds in Blade Trinity, a little spot of silly fun in a movie that otherwise takes itself too seriously.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I feel like Daredevil would've been better if Affleck and Farrell switched parts

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

ToastyPotato posted:

The Bullseye scene in the church was terrible from what I can remember. I don't remember the villains being strong at all. Maybe Kingpin was alright I guess, but I can't remember.

That scene in particular I remember as having an almost Tim Burton Batman vibe, with Daredevil and Bullseye leaping around these huge organ pipes that seemed to go up forever. I mean I haven't watched the movie in years and/or maybe church organs really do have pipes that huge but it seriusly felt like the crazy gothic Keaton Batman movie.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Daredevil was pretty terrible, and the few good bits it had don't make up for poo poo like Electra's training montage, the godawful Nickleback/Evanescence soundtrack, Daredevil's random superpowers (not the hearing sonar thing, the fact that physically he's basically spiderman for some reason), the seesaw scene, and Ben Affleck/Jennifer Garner's general terribleness.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

ufarn posted:

Maybe his costume is under his clothes?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
What's worse though, the seesaw scene or the basketball scene from Catwoman?

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

ToastyPotato posted:

What's worse though, the seesaw scene or the basketball scene from Catwoman?

I think its gotta be the basketball scene, and I'm not sure its close.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Yeah it's the basketball scene, by a mile. It says a lot that a scene is so famous for being so, so awful that it stands out from all the other hilariously bad scenes in Catwoman.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I don't know, Catwoman was intended to at least be somewhat cheesy. And look at it from inside the movie - if you were an observer, one is a chick with super fancy moves...the other is a BLIND MAN jumping around and dancing.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

VDay posted:

Yeah it's the basketball scene, by a mile. It says a lot that a scene is so famous for being so, so awful that it stands out from all the other hilariously bad scenes in Catwoman.

God damnit, am I going to have to re-watch that movie for this scene now?

It's too bad because as horrible as that movie was, the whole literal catwoman/chosen by Bast thing would be an interesting direction to try for the character (if done in a not-lovely movie).

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Medullah posted:

I don't know, Catwoman was intended to at least be somewhat cheesy. And look at it from inside the movie - if you were an observer, one is a chick with super fancy moves...the other is a BLIND MAN jumping around and dancing.

The seesaw scene is pretty bad, but at least it's an actual action scene kind of. The basketball scene is just Halle Berry bouncing a basketball off a wall and jumping up to get it, then two characters standing around and grinding on each other while dozens of children watch and cheer, and then Halle Berry posterizing the dude while flat footed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNlmRId2FVQ

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
Casting spoiler for Agent of SHIELD.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=105523

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

They debunked it already, but I would be totally down with him as Strange.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009

Hakkesshu posted:

They debunked it already, but I would be totally down with him as Strange.

I was more thinking about the update from TV Line.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

lomzus posted:

I was more thinking about the update from TV Line.

Hence why I said they debunked it.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009

Hakkesshu posted:

Hence why I said they debunked it.

Sorry, thought you meant Strange.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Medullah posted:

The wire work kinda holds up, and Matt really consistently is mystic acrobatic ninja good at fighting as are Elektra, Stick, and that entire tier.

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll
The best thing about Daredevil is the kick rear end surround sound.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

sleepingbuddha posted:

The best thing about Daredevil is the kick rear end surround sound.

Surround sound....of Nickelback?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'm another one who likes the Director's Cut of Daredevil. A big problem with the theatrical version is that Fox decided on a Feb release date, so they wanted it to be a Valentine's date movie. So you get stuff like Matt blowing off someone crying for help to canoodle with Elektra, whereas the DC shows him leaving her instead, and has Daredevil basically being the reason their relationship starts to founder.

Plus it has the awesomely silly scene of Matt interrogating a witness the Kingpin paid off AS HIMSELF. Instead of threatening to beat him up as Daredevil, Matt locks the dude in a car with him and starts driving around a parking lot at full speed. And I like Favreau as Foggy and Joey Pants as Urich.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Gaz-L posted:

I'm another one who likes the Director's Cut of Daredevil. A big problem with the theatrical version is that Fox decided on a Feb release date, so they wanted it to be a Valentine's date movie. So you get stuff like Matt blowing off someone crying for help to canoodle with Elektra, whereas the DC shows him leaving her instead, and has Daredevil basically being the reason their relationship starts to founder.

Plus it has the awesomely silly scene of Matt interrogating a witness the Kingpin paid off AS HIMSELF. Instead of threatening to beat him up as Daredevil, Matt locks the dude in a car with him and starts driving around a parking lot at full speed. And I like Favreau as Foggy and Joey Pants as Urich.

I forgot Favreau played Foggy, that makes 2 movies where he plays a sidekick to a hero with (let's call it) self-esteem issues.

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll

Madkal posted:

Don't forget Evanescence. Seriously, the surround effects when he's using his radar vision are really cool.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Madkal posted:

Hey man they ain't Pol Pot!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ton of Powers casting the last few days.

Sharlto Copley will be playing Walker.

Olesya Rulin as Calista.

Noah Taylor as Johnny Royale. I don't know who he is but he looks perfect.

Eddie Izzard as Wolfe.

Michelle Forbes as Retro Girl.

Half of those are pretty big departures from the comic depictions.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I haven't read Powers, but that's a super interesting cast. Not really what I expected out of some weird PSN-exclusive thing.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Ton of Powers casting the last few days.

Sharlto Copley will be playing Walker.

Olesya Rulin as Calista.

Noah Taylor as Johnny Royale. I don't know who he is but he looks perfect.

Eddie Izzard as Wolfe.

Michelle Forbes as Retro Girl.

Half of those are pretty big departures from the comic depictions.
I dig Sharlto and Eddie, and Michelle Forbes is always great. So far so good.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

That is completely not the cast I thought they'd go with but it's interesting.

I look forward to whatever weird accent Sharlto gives Walkler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Waterhaul posted:

That is completely not the cast I thought they'd go with but it's interesting.

I look forward to whatever weird accent Sharlto gives Walkler.

Never read the comics so have no idea about Walker but I hope Sharlto peppers the dialog with lots of South African slang.