Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Play ME3 however you want. Your weapon is choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

itsjustdrew posted:

I honestly never read into it, I like going into a game like this blind, spoilers of any kind are a huge turn off for me. I didn't know there was an 'order' to the DLC.

It's just one of those nerd things, nothing to worry about.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

Lycus posted:

It's just one of those nerd things, nothing to worry about.

I guess so, it's been 'my way' of playing since I was a young'n

Waltzing Along posted:

Did you notice how out of place Citadel felt in comparison with everything else? Also, did you notice how it actually "ends."

Yeah, I guess, I just figured The final hours was the 'true' ending. I thought it might be similar to the end of Fallout 3.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

itsjustdrew posted:

I'm currently playing through ME3, I've done all the DLC and when I go to talk to my most liked crew: Tali, Liara, so on, so on, all I get is the basic 'Hey shepard' 'Maybe another time.' Have I glitched it somehow or is it just 'cause I'm not doing the main quest so I'm running out of conversation options?

You're out of dialogue. This happens in every RPG with those kinds of conversations, including all the previous ME games. It's not like every character has a procedurally generated conversation database.

What exactly were you expecting?

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014

Kibayasu posted:

You're out of dialogue. This happens in every RPG with those kinds of conversations, including all the previous ME games. It's not like every character has a procedurally generated conversation database.

What exactly were you expecting?

The ability to re-ask about their background, homeworlds, how recent missions went, the kind of thing in every RPG, also including the previous ME games.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

itsjustdrew posted:

I guess so, it's been 'my way' of playing since I was a young'n

Yeah, I guess, I just figured The final hours was the 'true' ending. I thought it might be similar to the end of Fallout 3.

No, they just hosed up the ending of the game so badly that they made Citadel as a kind of apology to the fans. Like, we aren't going to publicly admit we completely screwed the pooch but here is something new. I think Citadel is most powerful on the first time after digesting the ending for a while. Most people played it months after finishing the game and it works as a proper send off.

Playing it immediately afterwards is a bit disconcerting and playing it in the middle is just :psyduck:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

itsjustdrew posted:

The ability to re-ask about their background, homeworlds, how recent missions went, the kind of thing in every RPG, also including the previous ME games.

Fair. I only ever listened to that stuff once anyways and I guess Bioware thought most people were like me!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

itsjustdrew posted:

What is the last mission you finished?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

itsjustdrew posted:

For the most part they removed squadmate dialogue trees in ME3. Kasumi and Zaeed in ME2 were the prototype of how ship conversations would go in ME3.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Plom Bar posted:

Nah gently caress that

Everything that happened after Tuchunka: Cure the Genophage was a fever dream caused by Shepard getting some of Kalros' blood on her skin, and then this:

shepard has to stop the reapers, and there's this big fuckin' fleet of them and she's like "poo poo guys, that's a lot of reapers, I don't think we can take them" and then loving WREX shows up, not with a fleet or anything, its just wrex and he's floating through space with a jetpack and hes all "believe in yourself shepard! lets gently caress em up!" and shep is like "...Okay." and then the music kicks in and she airlocks herself and highfives wrex in space and climbs on top of his jetpack and surfs wrex into the reaper fleet and then the camera pulls back and its like a loving supernova and everyone is all "oh god is shepard dead?!" and then the radio turns on and its shep and she's all "i'd just come back again" and everyone starts cheering and you see her and wrex cruising out on a flaming piece of reaper and they're going really loving fast because the explosion and slam into the presidium tower and shep just jumps off the wreckage and starts running towards the council platform and the turian councilor sees her and it zooms in on his face and he's like "gently caress." and shep makes a big loving jump and the music slows down and then she punches him so hard he smashes through the wall and flys out into space and explodes for some reason and everyone is like "wow shep you're our hero" but she's all hosed up from all the fighting so she just like "gently caress right i am" and blacks out and then it cuts to a hospital a few days later and shep tali garrus and wrex are in body casts complaining about jello and then udina comes in and hes all "SHEPARD DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THIS COSTED THE DEPARTMENT" but then he trips and falls on his face and everyone starts laughing and then it freeze frames and then the credits roll.
You are beautiful. :allears:

I would pay $10 for DLC that changed the ending to this.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014

Waltzing Along posted:

What is the last mission you finished?

Main mission or side quest? Ontarom, battling cerberus, rescuing the other sato woman. The last main was thessia. now I'm in the middle of Sanctuary.

Kibayasu posted:

Fair. I only ever listened to that stuff once anyways and I guess Bioware thought most people were like me!

Yeah, I'm a lore whore, and it was doable in the other ME games, it's a shame it isn't in 3.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

itsjustdrew posted:

Main mission or side quest? Ontarom, battling cerberus, rescuing the other sato woman. The last main was thessia. now I'm in the middle of Sanctuary.

Yeah. You could very well be out of dialog. Especially if you have been diligent wandering the ship to talk to people. I am sure a few new things will pop up after Sanctuary, though. Well, relatively sure.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014

Waltzing Along posted:

Yeah. You could very well be out of dialog. Especially if you have been diligent wandering the ship to talk to people. I am sure a few new things will pop up after Sanctuary, though. Well, relatively sure.

Thank you, I'm glad it's not a glitch. Things just took an interesting turn with cerberus :wth:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

itsjustdrew posted:

Thank you, I'm glad it's not a glitch. Things just took an interesting turn with cerberus :wth:

Oh, please keep live blogging. And please let us know when you get to the final mission. I think we would all enjoy your non-spoiled instant reactions as poo poo goes down.

E: If you want, I can give you an ETA till the end game. Dunno how long you plan on going.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014

Waltzing Along posted:

Oh, please keep live blogging. And please let us know when you get to the final mission. I think we would all enjoy your non-spoiled instant reactions as poo poo goes down.

Heh, sorry. I kinda end up talking a lot, and spamming poo poo up. My bad I'll shut up now!

wookieepelt
Jul 23, 2009

itsjustdrew posted:

Heh, sorry. I kinda end up talking a lot, and spamming poo poo up. My bad I'll shut up now!

Nah, that wasn't sarcasm.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014

wookieepelt posted:

Nah, that wasn't sarcasm.

I thought everything here was, again, this could be even more sarcasm, but if you guys really want me to I could, I could even stream it, though I'm not a great player, my PC isn't the best and I wouldn't be talking at all, but you guys could at least see where I am.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Dan Didio posted:

That's sad.

I think it's bittersweet.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
If you do Citadel right before heading back to Earth, you can just right off the whole ending as a space booze induced nightmare.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

itsjustdrew posted:

I thought everything here was, again, this could be even more sarcasm, but if you guys really want me to I could, I could even stream it, though I'm not a great player, my PC isn't the best and I wouldn't be talking at all, but you guys could at least see where I am.

Nah, don't stream it. Just general reactions every now and then. Keep the thread alive.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014

Drifter posted:

Nah, don't stream it. Just general reactions every now and then. Keep the thread alive.

Sure thing, I'll try not to spam the gently caress out of it at the same time; Holy poo poo Miranda is awesome when saving Oriana... but PLEASE DON'T DIE. Oh miranda, you always were my favourite complete and utter oval office, but I'm genuinely saddened at this :( .

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Drifter posted:

This. Your reaction to the "twist" at Sanctuary was cool. We want more!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

itsjustdrew posted:

Sure thing, I'll try not to spam the gently caress out of it at the same time; Holy poo poo Miranda is awesome when saving Oriana... but PLEASE DON'T DIE. Oh miranda, you always were my favourite complete and utter oval office, but I'm genuinely saddened at this :( .

You killed Miranda? Whoa...I've never been able to do this.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Waltzing Along posted:

You can just refrain from talking to her on the Citadel, right?

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014

Waltzing Along posted:

I chose the blue option 'I can be reasonable, I just want oriana and the research'

'You want a lot'

'You walk out of it with your life, what's that worth?'

He lets oriana go 'Ok, but I want out of this alive, deal?'

Miranda stands up , forces him through a window and I assume he's now dead. Heartwarming dialogue between sisters and then miranda and shep. She dies in my arms :(

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Speaking of Miranda, it was only about four months ago that I saw the first two seasons of Chuck (thus ending all of the Chuck I would ever watch) and finally put a face/name to the voice actress of Miranda.

She is hot as gently caress and a decent enough actress - I haven't really seen more to judge, but she was fun in Chuck. She's hotter than Jaime Pressly was.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Drifter posted:

Speaking of Miranda, it was only about four months ago that I saw the first two seasons of Chuck (thus ending all of the Chuck I would ever watch) and finally put a face/name to the voice actress of Miranda.

She is hot as gently caress and a decent enough actress - I haven't really seen more to judge, but she was fun in Chuck. She's hotter than Jaime Pressly was.

You are smart to have ended after season 2. Season 3 is actually fairly decent, but it never reaches the highs of season 2 again. Then it turns to trash.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Waltzing Along posted:

You are smart to have ended after season 2. Season 3 is actually fairly decent, but it never reaches the highs of season 2 again. Then it turns to trash.

Yeah, I did my homework before starting the show. And even if I hadn't, the ending of season 2 made me never want to watch more of it again. I'm sure it wouldn't be horrible, but there would be better ways to spend my time...like complaining about Bioware in the Dragon Age thread. That's good fun.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

I don't think there is a single bad episode in season 2 Chuck.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Wait...are you saying you didn't like the ending of season 2?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

mastajake posted:

I don't think there is a single bad episode in season 2 Chuck.

There isn't. And they get better and better and better till the finale.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
Oh god, oh god, oh god. Here comes the 'final mission' and... here comes Tali too :roboluv:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Drifter posted:

She's also in Dexter, but only the unsalvagable last seasons. I can see and understand that they tried to model Miranda after her, even if it fell way short.

Man, that was a show that ended on the same note as the Mass Effect series.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

itsjustdrew posted:

Oh god, oh god, oh god. Here comes the 'final mission' and... here comes Tali too :roboluv:

Oh goodie. :munch:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Waltzing Along posted:

Wait...are you saying you didn't like the ending of season 2?

The literal last minute of the last episode of season 2 was a great ending, but I would not have wanted to see more of that, like say a whole 'nother season+.

Season 1 & 2 of Chuck were pretty darn fun.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Kajeesus posted:

She's also in Dexter, but only the unsalvagable last seasons. I can see and understand that they tried to model Miranda after her, even if it fell way short.

Man, that was a show that ended on the same note as the Mass Effect series.

I think Dexter ended better than Mass Effect. With Dexter you can spoil the ending to people. They won't believe you. Then they see it and still don't believe it. But it actually makes a bit of sense. It's terrible, of course. But it's also the worst ending ever. So that's an achievement.

ME3 on the other hand is just bad with no redeeming qualities. It's not even funny.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Drifter posted:

The literal last minute of the last episode of season 2 was a great ending, but I would not have wanted to see more of that, like say a whole 'nother season+.

Season 1 & 2 of Chuck were pretty darn fun.

Ah. Well Season 3 deals with a lot of Chuck getting trained. They weren't certain how many eps they could make so it has a sort of stagger in the middle that is almost an end. It ends well, though.

And then his little buddy gets the thing in his brain and becomes a spy and it's just stupid as hell.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Geostomp posted:

I can only guess all the "dreamlike" portions of the ending were added as a sort of "get out of writer's block free" card that they never capitalized on because of all the public outcry about the ending making it too public to do without looking like fools.

They said that there was originally a part of the ending that involved Shepard directly resisting Indoctrination, hence all those moments and imagery, but it was cut because they couldn't get it to work.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

What does "couldn't get it to work" mean? As a gameplay mechanic? Did it have to be gameplay mechanic? If it worked better storywise, couldn't it have been part of the cutscene? Everything else but the staggering was a cutscene.

The staggering was thrilling gameplay, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Good questions, Lycus, I can only hope we get answers someday.

• Locked thread