Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
I enjoy the Eridani, but man it's hilarious that it's competing with the Armistice and Cyclone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Like Tartan would be caught dead wearing AMERICAN money. He obviously wants the Queen plastered all over him.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I don't think Steve is going this time. But Westy and I are! Dollar bills for life.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
So I Lanced some autist in a Mossie earlier today who was hitting our Lancer nest with the Banshee and boy did I hit a rage /tell motherlode. After dying once he came back in a Lib and tried to scrape us but ended up exploding and killing no one.:lol:

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

That man is butthurt.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

insolent peasants?

God, you can -feel- the fedora from here

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

He's a BR100 with the vast majority of his time and kills spent farming infantry in a Liberator, followed by the Mosquito, and he only manages a 3.3kdr, loving lol. Autism Chariot incarnate

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Never even heard of the guy. Is he a former Watersonian?

edit - excellent TR night guys, sorry for the slow start as it took me an embarassing amount of time to realize that my Mumble was broken as apparently I could speak and you could hear me, but I couldn't hear any of you nor even see you keying up :sigh:

VCO ops and Vanguard firing lines aren't very fun from the other side, but TORQs and CARVs and lockdown AP Prowlers are. Sunrise, sunset!

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Aug 7, 2014

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

Fart Car '97 posted:

He's a BR100 with the vast majority of his time and kills spent farming infantry in a Liberator, followed by the Mosquito, and he only manages a 3.3kdr, loving lol. Autism Chariot incarnate

You want a real autist? Here is the real deal.

54K kills in a loving heat prowler. 16K in a MAX.

DA should run some kind of penalty stat if they came from Waterson because god drat. I can only imagine the farm on that server looking at various waterson player stats.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

Gobblecoque posted:

So I Lanced some autist in a Mossie earlier today who was hitting our Lancer nest with the Banshee and boy did I hit a rage /tell motherlode. After dying once he came back in a Lib and tried to scrape us but ended up exploding and killing no one.:lol:

Oh man, this dude used to get pissed at my pilot and I back in the Waterson days cause we'd fly in and kill everything on him. He's pretty mediocre and thinks he's awesome.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
I'm completely ok with the resource changes as long as Sundy walkers don't get nerfed. Honestly the only real problem is the lack of vertical depression but whatevs.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

After playing with the new resource system for the first time, I have come to the conclusion I almost never use grenades and/or pull vehicles.

I am perpetually at 750

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Well, if you had 40 grenades stockpiled you're still pulling reserves from that (mouse over the grenade on the loadout screen, you'll see how many you have in reserve). Until you use those up, they're free!

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
I earned like 2k resources over 2 hours tonight, I'm bad at spending them.

Although I was playing engie for most of it and not using sticky grenade bando, so that explains a bit.

I really like directives as a way to focus on playing a particular class though.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

How did I miss this? ZAPS, who I've never once seen attacking a base in any context or even defending one without considerable advantages, calling people out about command chat. I can't confirm this first hand, but I'm going to just guess that they don't have much of a presence in command chat either. Apparently the Waterson VS really dislike GOKU in general and Desi in particular. Why has still not been elaborated on as far as I can tell.

http://www.reddit.com/r/EmeraldPS2/comments/2chopx/dear_ssgo/

That whole thread is pretty much why I have to send GOON against the TR to find a good fight that doesn't immediately dissolve as soon as we do something easy to recover from, like cutting off and killing only their forward force and reclaiming the point.

Had some okay VS fights as TR tonight on Amerish but didn't get to enjoy the whole "Kill infantry -> kill Scythes -> kill Magriders" cycle because K0TH was abusing the hell out of lockdown Bursters and scared everybody off :( The real prize were the VCO fights which were a lot of fun, until a big chunk of the TR at the fight left without uttering so much as a word and we got overwhelmed all of a sudden :argh:

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Aug 7, 2014

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
VS Emerald command chat is far too quiet, but I hardly think that's a side effect of not needing to use it. I'm convinced that GOKU puts the most traffic through it, which is a problem because it means that cooperation in the faction has been in decline.
Can't say for sure though. It's not like I put actual research into it. :shrug:

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
ZAPS calling out anyone at all, let alone former Waterson leaders is funny as hell. Sure Kortius is mostly self serving and Galgimp isn't the greatest leader but at least they did SOMETHING to try and organize the pubbie masses. Of all the Waterson outfits ZAPS are probably least qualified to make that sort of criticism.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

General Probe posted:

ZAPS calling out anyone at all, let alone former Waterson leaders is funny as hell. Sure Kortius is mostly self serving and Galgimp isn't the greatest leader but at least they did SOMETHING to try and organize the pubbie masses. Of all the Waterson outfits ZAPS are probably least qualified to make that sort of criticism.

CFAR's ok, but sometimes they don't recognize when a farm goes sour. Sort of like when a biolab fight becomes stale.
Too often, they'll be lingering on the border between territories inside their repair sundies waiting for stragglers to overextend instead of actually farming or pushing a base to help create a farming situation.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Does anyone know what the vehicle directive lumifibres look like?

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

I love tank mines, I hit a new single-explosion high score today:

Thanks for letting me know you had a survivor in that bus TAS, I cancelled my redeploy to go murder him :allears:.

Periphery posted:

They're like a flowing version of the standard lumifiber if that one reddit video was accurate. It's pretty subtle and you'll only notice it when you're right next to the vehicle.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

Periphery posted:

Vanu labs has you covered:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNfyi5Rckic

The magrider naturally looks the best.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

o muerte posted:

Thanks for letting me know you had a survivor in that bus TAS, I cancelled my redeploy to go murder him :allears:.

They're like a flowing version of the standard lumifiber if that one reddit video was accurate. It's pretty subtle and you'll only notice it when you're right next to the vehicle.

The irony of him saying that in yell followed by his subsequent murdering is too funny.

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut

Bait and Swatch posted:

The irony of him saying that in yell followed by his subsequent murdering is too funny.

Yeah that got a chuckle out of me, GJ

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

:golfclap:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

That didn't take long! The sundy go-go-gadget ejection seat but has finally been weaponized. A use for restoration kits also @ 0:52!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI4_NHtvK8A

o muerte posted:

It's like something out of a cheesy horror movie. "Oh thank god, I got away!"

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

That didn't take long! The sundy go-go-gadget ejection seat but has finally been weaponized. A use for restoration kits also @ 0:52!

Oh god. I pulled a dual walker sundy earlier to refill our AP prowlers that were murdering all the vehicles at Quartz Ridge, get in seat 3 to shoot something, get out to repair and ..... boing, 300m into Quartz Ridge proper. I should put safe fall on all my driving loadouts until they fix this.

Got launched 60' straight up by a flash today too :negative:

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Epic High Five posted:

#12 should be the designated launch seat

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
They should fix the bug but keep similar functionality in sunderers. APCs in Battlefield 2142 had seats that could launch you into the air in order to get on top of buildings and stuff, Sunderers should have something similar.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Delacroix posted:

Vanu labs has you covered:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNfyi5Rckic

The magrider naturally looks the best.

drat that is some low effort poo poo there. The NC one just looks like low graphics settings lumi. They should have made them cover larger portions of the vehicles or something cool like change colours when you toggle them on/off. Higby should be ashamed of those.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

Segmentation Fault posted:

They should fix the bug but keep similar functionality in sunderers. APCs in Battlefield 2142 had seats that could launch you into the air in order to get on top of buildings and stuff, Sunderers should have something similar.

I wholeheartedly support this idea, but only you fly out in manoeuvrable drop pods that can crush people. :unsmigghh:

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

Delacroix posted:

I wholeheartedly support this idea, but only you fly out in manoeuvrable drop pods that can crush people. :unsmigghh:

I'm pretty sure this was the case in 2142. You could from the Titan-launched pods at least. They should've made *every* pod launch like they did while they were near a titan. Launch a good two hundred feet up in a maneuverable drop pod.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

ArchRanger posted:

I'm pretty sure this was the case in 2142. You could from the Titan-launched pods at least. They should've made *every* pod launch like they did while they were near a titan. Launch a good two hundred feet up in a maneuverable drop pod.

This all begs the question: when are we going to get our planetside 2 titans?

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

Gonkish posted:

Like Tartan would be caught dead wearing AMERICAN money. He obviously wants the Queen plastered all over him.

Sorry, Primarch TartanTory is already a Chrome Turian death machine and does not need your monopoly money camo. :colbert:

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

No one ever sends me hate tells :(

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

hemale in pain posted:

No one ever sends me hate tells :(

Try using things that frustrate people. Mines, shotguns, bolt actions, rockets. Also, be an intolerable shitter in yell after you cheese people to death "get good lovely" works pretty well after you rocket primary them.

Sparq
Feb 10, 2014

If you're using an AC/20, you only need to hit the target once. If the target's still standing, you oughta be somewhere else anyway.
It seems that the Harasser gunner seat launching me to the stratosphere randomly is now a thing.

I'd be mad if it wasn't hilarious.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
What this game need is to put AMS on Galaxies, remove the lanes idea (that create a lot of stagnation in the game) and give a flametrower to max.

I played yesterday, and in 5 hours, I only defended one place, in-game days passed, and nobody conquered the enemy base in front of our base, nor they our base.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Tei posted:

What this game need is to put AMS on Galaxies, remove the lanes idea (that create a lot of stagnation in the game) and give a flametrower to max.

I played yesterday, and in 5 hours, I only defended one place, in-game days passed, and nobody conquered the enemy base in front of our base, nor they our base.

If you played in beta/early in PS2's life you'd have had all these things. Galaxies did have AMS for a while, but it turns out having a flying, deployable vehicle meant everyone just parked it on a cliff and dumped mans into fights and it was awful. The lattice system (aka lanes) was added because there was no direction to fights or the map in general, aka awful. And finally, MAXes did have flamethrowers but they weren't effective weapons and caused people to have all sorts of graphical slowdown and issues, and SOE was never able to fix it so they were removed.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

o muerte posted:

Try using things that frustrate people. Mines, shotguns, bolt actions, rockets. Also, be an intolerable shitter in yell after you cheese people to death "get good lovely" works pretty well after you rocket primary them.

I find the good old traditional 'good fight' tell works wonders after abusing said cheese weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Well tree and I just took credit for a 25-48 vs 25-48 which Recursion (among other outfits) was at. Only two people in my outfit online, us. We were using a Canister Harasser.

What I'm saying is IT'S TIME :getin:

• Locked thread