Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

monkeu posted:

Yeah the sticks are actually my one complaint about the dual shock 4. They're heaps better than the dual shock 3 sticks for me, but I find them just a little bit too short and definitely slippery like you said. I've got some FPS Freek CQCs coming in the mail, so hopefully that fixes it:

I am using FPS Freeks on mine and they work fine. Except, make sure you get the ones made for PS4 controllers. The ones for PS3/Xbox 360 are a tiny bit too large and will slip off the stick at the worst time. I've gotta pick up some made-for-PS4 ones before Destiny comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorOfLawls
Mar 2, 2001

SA's Brazilian Diplomat

Happy_Misanthrope posted:

Strong indications are the Mass Effect & Uncharted Trilogies are getting the treatment as well. Only issue really is price - for older trilogies I have no problem with pricing $40+, but when individual remasters (at least those that are basically res/fps upgrades) are beyond $30, I'll probably wait for a sale unless they were first-party titles I didn't play previously (such as LoU).

Has there been any confirmation that the PS4 will indeed get Mass Effect and Uncharted Trilogies remastered?

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!
Is there a way to clear Trophy data for games you booted up once and never gained a trophy in? I loaded Playroom which I initially didn't realize you needed the camera for, and have no intention of playing anyway, just wanted to see what it was and now my Trophy% is hosed and I don't like it. I know this is a thing you can do on 360, but haven't found a way to do it with the PS4 after a cursory option perusal.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Vanrushal posted:

Is there a way to clear Trophy data for games you booted up once and never gained a trophy in? I loaded Playroom which I initially didn't realize you needed the camera for, and have no intention of playing anyway, just wanted to see what it was and now my Trophy% is hosed and I don't like it. I know this is a thing you can do on 360, but haven't found a way to do it with the PS4 after a cursory option perusal.

No, you're doomed to suffer in your realm of video game console OCD hell.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Kilometers Davis posted:

I did find it amusing that deleting cheevos data was one of the top requested features on that site SCEA put up.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

People accidentally triggering the Playroom trophy list probably explains why the PS4 camera has managed to sell as well as it has.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Kilometers Davis posted:

Hahah I'm like this with my library on the PS4. I downloaded Blacklight and Warframe to see what they're like and pretty much instantly deleted them, now it looks like they're in my library forever. So is the Destiny Alpha and Beta it seems. If they don't give us some way to delete stuff from it (or at least organise folders so we can chuck stuff like that in a "never playing again" folder) it's going to get ridiculous even partway into this generation. Especially with the PS+ freebies on top of that.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Who gives a gently caress? I can't contemplate giving two shits about trophies, and every time I see the word "cheevos" I want to gouge my loving eyes out and give the hobby up.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!
Hey man I don't want someone stumbling onto my account someday and thinking I actually played Playroom or something. I'm mortified just thinking about it. :ohdear:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Happy Hedonist posted:

Who gives a gently caress? I can't contemplate giving two shits about trophies, and every time I see the word "cheevos" I want to gouge my loving eyes out and give the hobby up.

I no joke worked with a dude that was stoked about finding a copy of tiger woods 06 in a trash can and when I asked him if he even liked golf games he said "no I hate them, but it's free cheevos dude." He was an idiot.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
You can't delete the trophies but you can set individual games to 'private' so nobody sees your 0% trophy percentage in Hatsune Miku when they look at your profile.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

I wouldn't worry about remasters - they won't be holding back new games in any major sense. Mostly they'll just get porting houses to handle them (porting from x86 PC to x86 PS4/Xbone is not very difficult), and even ones like TLOU that were done by the original devs only take like 9 months and, according to Naughty Dog, was a great way to test their engine on PS4 before Uncharted 4.

I wonder what the chances are of a Fallout Remastered Collection?

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Happy Hedonist posted:

cheevos

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Rinkles posted:

Also re: open world games: where is Fallout 4 already?

Probably a while away yet.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Dan Didio posted:

Probably a while away yet.

And very probably still on gamebryo. I think after Skyrim I'm getting tired of janky Scrolls/Fallout gameplay. I'm hoping the extended silence is because they have been working on a brand new engine for next generation. It's been three years and not even a peep which is unusual.

The FPS Freeks suggestion for the slippery sticks is a good idea, I'm gonna try those out!

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
God I hope they gently caress gamebyro right off for next gen systems, it's really showing it's age.

Well, I spent a good $400 on my PS4 between getting a new BenQ 1ms gaming monitor, xim4 and the wireless gold headset. The results are pretty amazing though.

For those interested, the xim4 works a lot better with the PS4 than the xim3 did with the PS3, it feel more responsive and more accurate. If anyone has questions about it let me know.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

CheeseFactory posted:

God I hope they gently caress gamebyro right off for next gen systems, it's really showing it's age.

Well, I spent a good $400 on my PS4 between getting a new BenQ 1ms gaming monitor, xim4 and the wireless gold headset. The results are pretty amazing though.

For those interested, the xim4 works a lot better with the PS4 than the xim3 did with the PS3, it feel more responsive and more accurate. If anyone has questions about it let me know.

So you've essentially spent $400 turning your PS4 into a gaming PC? :wth:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

CheeseFactory posted:

My only question is how does it feel to be a little bitch who needs a XIM?

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

DrNutt posted:

My only question is how does it feel to be a little bitch who needs a XIM?

If you're used to mouse and keyboard it's about a billion times more enjoyable to play advantage or no.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

monkeu posted:

So you've essentially spent $400 turning your PS4 into a gaming PC? :wth:

Pretty much yeah. But i also got a decent gaming pc as well.

Only games with high turn speed like cod are good with the xim. Most other games are better on the couch with a game pad.

I also have a lot of disposable income.

Edit: also to clarify, my setup is dual purpose with my gaming pc, all set up on the one desk.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Happy Hedonist posted:

Actually I find the word "cheevos" intriguing and would like to know the exact order of changes the word "achievement" went through to arrive at that form.

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

monkeu posted:

Yeah the sticks are actually my one complaint about the dual shock 4. They're heaps better than the dual shock 3 sticks for me, but I find them just a little bit too short and definitely slippery like you said. I've got some FPS Freek CQCs coming in the mail, so hopefully that fixes it:

http://www.kontrolfreek.com/fps-freek-cqc.html

As an aside, wow that camo controller looks terrible. Hopefully they don't drop it in some long grass! :laugh:

Just swap them with Xbox One sticks. Huge improvement.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Tora Tora Torrents posted:

Just swap them with Xbox One sticks. Huge improvement.

I know that shouldn't look dope because Xbone and all, but it does.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Xbone sticks do look dope, though.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
The feel small on the thumb though which is my only gripe with them.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

I know Bone sticks are sold separately, but I don't really want to take my DS4 apart. I ordered some grips anyway. Aiming isn't a problem or anything, just don't want my thumbs falling off so much.

Arthe Xavier
Apr 22, 2007

Artificial Stupidity
Somebody mentioned Red Dead Redemption, and I agree with him - I would gladly pay 60€ for a Remaster of the best Rockstar -game ( and one of my personal all-time favourites ). RDR is a masterpiece despite a couple of issues, has never gotten a PC-release, and is in desperate need of framerate-improvements. So why not, Rockstar?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Arthe Xavier posted:

Somebody mentioned Red Dead Redemption, and I agree with him - I would gladly pay 60€ for a Remaster of the best Rockstar -game ( and one of my personal all-time favourites ). RDR is a masterpiece despite a couple of issues, has never gotten a PC-release, and is in desperate need of framerate-improvements. So why not, Rockstar?

If the scuttlebutt is true, it's because the game's code is a mess and we're lucky they even got it working on PS3/360

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

If I remember correctly RDR was a programming nightmare and barely held together as is. I really doubt they want to touch it again. Shame but I'm sure we'll get a sequel.

Also bone sticks are awful

e: I know I'm always late but come on it's 1 a.m.!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Kilometers Davis posted:

If I remember correctly RDR was a programming nightmare and barely held together as is. I really doubt they want to touch it again. Shame but I'm sure we'll get a sequel.
Isn't that what they said about The Last Of Us too though?

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Isn't that what they said about The Last Of Us too though?

Not the PS3 release itself though. Just porting it. The game was made specifically for the PS3 and all its idiosyncrasies.

RDR was buggy as poo poo for me, I'm not surprised people are saying the code is a mess. I don't think it'll ever get a sequel or a remaster, it seems like Rockstar abandoned it. After Undead Nightmare it completely fell off the radar.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

3 Things:

1) I agree that the ps4 controller somehow feels more substantial and lighter than the ps3 controller, but the battery life is not the best. Actually thought mine might be defective after seeing it dip so low after a few hours, but I guess its just much shorter than the ps3. I still much prefer charging with a USB cable to batteries, but changing the type of usb device (sorry, not technical enough to know the name) to that tinier shittier one is driving me nuts.

2) God of War Ascension is officially assassins creed 3 bad. Holy poo poo, I've never seen a franchise so completely wrecked by a few "small" tweaks to the gameplay - the altering of the parry and the hideous new "rage" system are atrocious.

3) Gamefly is sending me Killzone Shadow Fall. Hooray!

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

I noticed the battery life is pretty bad too. Apparently it's normal to have it last just a day of solid gaming before getting the charging warning like I did. I'm guessing it's the massive LED light and the internal speakers.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

That controller LED light can get kinda annoying, especially when playing in a dark room. I love the controller otherwise.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Narcissus1916 posted:

I'm glad you're renting that instead of buying it. You've made the right choice.

I bought it with my system but then traded it to Amazon for almost as much as I bought it for so it's basically like I didn't buy it either :haw:

shyduck posted:

That controller LED light can get kinda annoying, especially when playing in a dark room. I love the controller otherwise.
I have my light bar set to medium brightness (since the update) and I never notice it being on anymore. Before, when there wasn't an option to change the brightness, I always used to notice it.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Not the PS3 release itself though. Just porting it. The game was made specifically for the PS3 and all its idiosyncrasies.

RDR was buggy as poo poo for me, I'm not surprised people are saying the code is a mess. I don't think it'll ever get a sequel or a remaster, it seems like Rockstar abandoned it. After Undead Nightmare it completely fell off the radar.

Rockstar and Take Two Interactive(who own Rockstar) have already stated that they intend to do more with the Red Dead series.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Road not taken is interesting, I guess? I don't really care for the movement but it looks and sounds nice.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Narcissus1916 posted:

Same here. Should be getting it tomorrow or Friday. I'm just going to stick to multiplayer though.

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.
Tomb Raider Multiplayer is the stupidest thing ever. People just hop around (which I'm not convinced is faster than sprinting) while shooting overpowered weapons. What is even going on? Objective whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011
The Tomb Raider MP is bad and the only reason people play it is to boost trophies. Don't even bother trying to play it normally.

• Locked thread