Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

rscott posted:

woo doing rfqs for outside processing because apparently that's my job too even though we have people who get paid waaaay more than I do who are supposed to handle that poo poo
Cool, we need a new purchasing person. And a new quality person. Or three. Get your rear end over here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Anphear posted:

While I am down for buying a beater the GF is pretty much against it. If we were there for like 6 weeks I would consider, but as its more like 12 days its probably not worth it.

http://www.escapecampervans.com/Campervans.html

Found these guys. Turns out they are an American arm of the Escape campers from NZ.

I'll make sure I check with the rental people about out of State travel.

Comedy option who's got a Van I can borrow for 2 weeks? I'll make sure I air it out before I return it.

Those are pretty awesome looking. I wish they had a location closer to seattle so I could rent one for a roadtrip.

Viggen posted:

I done seen that already. At first, I thought this was a yet another Chris Lilley ripoff, but I was pleasantly surprised by the third episode. :)

I had never heard of Chris Lilley until recently when I stumbled across Angry Boys on HBOgo, and thought it was Rhys Darby at first. Angry Boys was pretty good, but Ja'mie: Private School Girl just annoyed the poo poo out of me and I could not make it all the way through. I need to watch some of his other work. Strangely enough those 2 actors are pretty much the same age as well.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 207 days!)

Negromancer posted:

I had never heard of Chris Lilley until recently when I stumbled across Angry Boys on HBOgo, and thought it was Rhys Darby at first. Angry Boys was pretty good, but Ja'mie: Private School Girl just annoyed the poo poo out of me and I could not make it all the way through. I need to watch some of his other work. Strangely enough those 2 actors are pretty much the same age as well.

Same. Check out also "We can be heros", and Summer Heights High (what Ja'mie is based on). We can be Heros is probably my favorite Lilley. I made it through Ja'mie, but never really got into it.

Also, the Ozzie version of "Thank God You're Here" is sublime.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Does anyone want to guess the size of a puddle that a 30 gallon parts washer makes after it rolls down the stairs

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

13 INCH DICK posted:

Does anyone want to guess the size of a puddle that a 30 gallon parts washer makes after it rolls down the stairs

somewhere between "exxon valdez" and "BP"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

13 INCH DICK posted:

"Rolls" or "was pushed" down the stairs?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Summer Heights High is the only vaguely watchable show Chris Lilley has done and even then it's only watchable in the trainwreck kinda way.

If you want to watch actual watchable and even sometimes vaguely funny Aussie comedy, Fat Pizza and Housos is it. I'm nto saying it's good but sometimes it can be bearable and even quite good. The guy that is behind both shows is a bit of a car nut so some pretty decent weaponry will turn up in each show and also full sik burnouts

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

I've seen the movie version of "Fat Pizza", but was never able to watch the show version. Never heard of Housos. I thought "We can be heros" was better than Summer Heights High, myself.

Last night I was so lazy that I watched a stream of a television show I have on DVD. With ads. Because I was too lazy to go downstairs and get the DVD. :patriot:

Got a small load of parts and repairable units at the same time, today. Guess its time to KindleUp while waiting on my SMD workstation. :toot:

Hmm. Bargearse?

E: 8pm and still replacing screens? My novocaine/steroid shot today has def. worn off. gently caress I am sore.

West SAAB Story fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Aug 7, 2014

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Someone that I don't know why I am friends with on Facebook was bitching that her car wouldn't start. I tried to be helpful, asked helpful questions but she was being a huge jerk about it, just pushing aside my inquiries with "it's not that" or "I know it's not that" when it dawned on me and I said

"Oh I know, you stopped making your payments and the lovely dealer you bought it from turned on the immobilizer."

Took her about 10 seconds to deleted my comment, PM me "You're a loving rear end in a top hat" and unfriend me. I guess I'll get the lovely people out of my life one way or another.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Harsh but kinda funny nonetheless

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
We need to talk Rhyno. Its time you and Indiana had a divorce. Its the best option for you both, and there's no offspring so it will be really easy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BrokenKnucklez posted:

We need to talk Rhyno. Its time you and Indiana had a divorce. Its the best option for you both, and there's no offspring so it will be really easy.

I think she lives in Ohio.

And we're working on it. First Cleveland, then North Carolina. Or maybe the Chicagoland area, depends on where she wants to go.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
come live with me on tatooine.

two words.

RUST. FREE.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

cursedshitbox posted:

come live with me on tatooine.

two words.

RUST. FREE.

I've been pushing for NM/AZ for a long time.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Holy poo poo, you guys remember that 3D S-Chassis tuner thing that got released a while ago?

http://www.stuner.net/

It got an update, tons of new cars to play around with now :v:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
az is pretty wacko conservative, but awesome people like IOC live there.

NM? I was stranded in Albuquerque for 16 hours or so. Beautiful city, but gently caress that place forever because of it.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
As long as you stay out of the hickvilles and phx metro area, AZ is all right. Also as long as you don't have kids and expect them to get a decent public education.

Flagstaff and other northern cities are pretty liberal, as is a lot of Tucson (well, compared to Phoenix anyways).

Land's cheap, and for the most part so is the cost of living. I am really liking Tucson, just started my 7th year living here.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

cursedshitbox posted:

az is pretty wacko conservative, but awesome people like IOC live there.

NM? I was stranded in Albuquerque for 16 hours or so. Beautiful city, but gently caress that place forever because of it.

Shoulda made that left turn.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

13 INCH DICK posted:

Shoulda made that left turn.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

as for az chat, whaddo I know, I live in vegas.

Hopefully the bay area after the new year however.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

mafoose posted:

As long as you stay out of the hickvilles and phx metro area, AZ is all right. Also as long as you don't have kids and expect them to get a decent public education.

Flagstaff and other northern cities are pretty liberal, as is a lot of Tucson (well, compared to Phoenix anyways).

Land's cheap, and for the most part so is the cost of living. I am really liking Tucson, just started my 7th year living here.

In Indiana people use the word liberal as an insult.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Rhyno posted:

As do those with an education. :v:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Viggen posted:

Have I done my impression of the state of Indiana lately? Here, it's quick...

"Books?"

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some, uh, people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future [for our children]

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Rhyno posted:

Have I done my impression of the state of Indiana lately? Here, it's quick...

"Books?"

Heh. You even avoided the bait. drat, I must be getting old. I actually sold a Nook to somebody in Indiana. Imagine my shock!

Today when GRABBIN PEELS at Wallyworld, every trailer dwelling wife beater within 400 miles was buying 20x30x1 furnace air filters. Every single one was guaranteed white trash.

I actually sat outside a bit longer after my "TIME FOR DRUGS" page just to watch.

I counted 5 20-40 year old guys in various state of decay with at least 3 filters each, and a ~80 year old guy stooped over and moving slow. He only bought one, of course. Why bother buying poo poo you're not gonna need?

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Ha, Salt Lake supremacy over here. Reasonable cost of living, four seasons, best outdoors stuff...thanks Missouri and Illinois for being a bunch of jerks to my forefathers and their many wives and forcing us westward.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Ha, Salt Lake supremacy over here. Reasonable cost of living, four seasons, best outdoors stuff...thanks Missouri and Illinois for being a bunch of jerks to my forefathers and their many wives and forcing us westward.

Yeah but, mormons right?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Rhyno posted:

They do here too! :smithicide:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

IOwnCalculus posted:

They do here too! :smithicide:

Ugh. America.

Ugh.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Yeah, turns out we're pretty cool normal people. Truth be told I'm pretty sure that there are more non-LDS people than those of the faith. Culture is pretty heavily influenced though which I don't mind.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Guys lets buy a compound in mexico. We can get a decent beater house for like 40 grand.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Counterpoint, any time the 5 oclock news begins referring to your property as 'the compound' its never a good time.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

13 INCH DICK posted:

Counterpoint, any time the 5 oclock news begins referring to your property as 'the compound' its never a good time.

But -what if you can handle the procurement and grow industry.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
Well, at least you don't work for the military industrial complex and try to have an informed political opinion.

gently caress all dem hippy mouth breathing libtards am I right fellers? :clint:

Oh well at least the pay is good.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

13 INCH DICK posted:

But when they have to add "fortified" to "compound," THEN you're living right.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Viggen posted:

well real leftists do too (labour parties don't really count anymore fuckin class traitors)

e: I'm a literal marxist living in the city the Koch brothers are from I think I win the "my social and political opinions do not jive with my peers" game

rscott fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Aug 7, 2014

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Rhyno, move to NC. The owner of the local comic book store drives a yellow Lotus Elise that has nothing but cone marks on the front clamshell. I can put in a good word.

... Then you bitching about your rear end in a top hat friends would just turn into "this loving rear end in a top hat keeps on inviting over to pull motors out of Miatas", it'll be great.

piss boner
May 17, 2003

mafoose posted:

Well, at least you don't work for the military industrial complex and try to have an informed political opinion.

gently caress all dem hippy mouth breathing libtards am I right fellers? :clint:

Oh well at least the pay is good.

Jesus this. Half of my current crew have "IMPEACH OBAMA" bumper stickers.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Rhyno posted:

Someone that I don't know why I am friends with on Facebook was bitching that her car wouldn't start. I tried to be helpful, asked helpful questions but she was being a huge jerk about it, just pushing aside my inquiries with "it's not that" or "I know it's not that" when it dawned on me and I said

"Oh I know, you stopped making your payments and the lovely dealer you bought it from turned on the immobilizer."

Took her about 10 seconds to deleted my comment, PM me "You're a loving rear end in a top hat" and unfriend me. I guess I'll get the lovely people out of my life one way or another.

The funny thing is, it's trivial to disable those. Really trivial. I guess it's a good thing people who buy lovely cars at buy here pay here lots don't generally know anything about wiring.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Oh, to keep up my chances of being in the September thread title...

Someone on mnet was trying to make an argument and tried to invoke the Laffer curve as support for his argument.

Yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
I had to leave my new pop-up camper on the street because my car can't pull it up the driveway without digging the receiver half a foot into the ground, which is a problem because I live in a quiet suburb where leaving an RV on the street is not exactly acceptable.

The other night I got her in the garage.

This is how.

As a bonus, with a winch bolted to the floor I now have a way to pull broken vehicles up to the garage as well.

• Locked thread