Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

PrBacterio posted:

EDIT: Also apparently, now that the year of Luigi is over, it's now the the month of Princess Peach.

This is off to a great start:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Regy Rusty posted:

The only thing I didn't like about Fi was that she didn't help me the one time in the whole game I was super stuck and needed help.

JUST SAY "YOU CAN GET FRUIT STUCK ON YOUR SWORD BY STABBING IT" THAT'S ALL I NEEDED

I don't remember what it was, but I had a case of this too.

Had fun with SS, not as much as with Wind Waker or OoT3D but still nice fun, didn't mind Fi all that much but I sure as hell didn't bother getting most extras beyond the cool shield. Upon replaying on Hero Mode I realized that boy did Fi suck, like, playing the second time I skipped all the cutscenes but a good chunk of time was still consumed not playing because of Fi's constant interruption.

The fun sections stayed fun tho, like the re-purposed WW temple or the time-travel circles and the sea of stand, but the meh ones were pretty bad on replaying, like having to go through that barren waste of an overworld for what felt longer than WW sailing times and much less exciting or the one "you're in jail and you gotta get all your poo poo back!" section when i usually love those, so I'd still say it's a good game, but definitely a game with several issues.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Huh. I didn't realize there was an ACTUAL peach month.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Is Peach month like a typical WiiU month where nothing gets released?

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

bowmore posted:

Is Peach month like a typical WiiU month where nothing gets released?

Yes, but now you can press a button to cry about it.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Actually that's a normal night for Mario after rescuing her.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Suspicious Cook posted:

This is off to a great start:

BANZONGAS

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Rosilina is the better Peach and Daisy is just a poor imitation, this is true I do not see any controversy at all with these facts.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother
Nintendo put a statement out about sheik's gender but not peach?? Don't leave me hanging, guys.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
It bothers me that Rosalina has a real voice. I wish I could explain this better, but whatever, I'm super tired.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Peach is also a stupid name. They need to go back to just referring to her as Toadstool.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Regy Rusty posted:

JUST SAY "YOU CAN GET FRUIT STUCK ON YOUR SWORD BY STABBING IT" THAT'S ALL I NEEDED

I am honestly really glad they didn't explain this to you - there's a point with some great visual language hinting that you're supposed to stab in that spot.

...That said, I also got hopelessly stuck on this part, as when I TRIED to stab that one fruit that's on the other side of this one structure (the one they WANT you to stab to learn the mechanic in the first place), it didn't work, so I assumed that wouldn't work.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

the one "you're in jail and you gotta get all your poo poo back!" section when i usually love those
I actually really enjoyed that section, and I see people say that a lot about it. What didn't you like?

Ultigonio fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Aug 7, 2014

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

Ultigonio posted:

I am honestly really glad they didn't explain this to you - there's a point with some great visual language hinting that you're supposed to stab in that spot.

...That said, I also got hopelessly stuck on this part, as when I TRIED to stab that one fruit that's on the other side of this one structure (the one they WANT you to stab to learn the mechanic in the first place), it didn't work, so I assumed that wouldn't work.
The real problem was that stabbing those fruit was sometimes a little finnicky, which could lead people to try it and then come to the conclusion that it doesn't work when it didn't work on their first try, like you did.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Taint Reaper posted:

Peach is also a stupid name. They need to go back to just referring to her as Toadstool.

A child born the last time that happened would be eligible to vote. It's done. Let it go.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Ultigonio posted:

I actually really enjoyed that section, and I see people say that a lot about it. What didn't you like?

Usually my favorite thing about those sections is getting your items and using quirky ways to take down the guards with, from what I recall you pretty much have to stealth all the way, hope you got enough nuts for your slingshot for a short bit and then get about half your items at the end.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

ImpAtom posted:

A child born the last time that happened would be eligible to vote. It's done. Let it go.

Her full name is Peach Toadstool. :colbert:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Suspicious Cook posted:

Her full name is Peach Toadstool. :colbert:

Princess Peach Toadstool

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

noirstronaut posted:

It bothers me that Rosalina has a real voice. I wish I could explain this better, but whatever, I'm super tired.

Rosalina feels like a 19 year old girl who's just getting out of her teenage mallgoth/emo phase who's somehow been transported into the Mario universe and just doesn't really fit at all but she's there anyway and already getting more preference over veterans like Wario somehow

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

gay skull posted:

Rosalina feels like a 19 year old girl who's just getting out of her teenage mallgoth/emo phase who's somehow been transported into the Mario universe and just doesn't really fit at all but she's there anyway and already getting more preference over veterans like Wario somehow

Wario doesn't look good in a dress.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Her whole story is that her Mother died and then she went on space adventures. After losing a parent, I can kind of relate to a dream to escape to a whole new world. :smith:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

gay skull posted:

You're the 2nd person to say she's emo which is odd as I never got that impression of her.

Or maybe its just another of misusing the word emo.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Alteisen posted:

You're the 2nd person to say she's emo which is odd as I never got that impression of her.

Or maybe its just another of misusing the word emo.

I think people say she's emo because of her windswept bangs covering one of her eyes.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Check out this emo/goth girl:

You can tell she's emo because, while she's scampering around making cat noises, her suit's the darkest one.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

You can't spell meow without emo

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Suspicious Cook posted:

Check out this emo/goth girl:

You can tell she's emo because, while she's scampering around making cat noises, her suit's the darkest one.

She looks like Cait Sith.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Rosalina owns, its cool to see new Mario characters become regular cast members. It helps keep the series fresh, and despite being nearly a color swap, she feels completely different from Peach. Also apparently the woman who does her voice gets fanmail of people begging her for sex. Lmao.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Austrian mook posted:

Rosalina owns, its cool to see new Mario characters become regular cast members. It helps keep the series fresh, and despite being nearly a color swap, she feels completely different from Peach. Also apparently the woman who does her voice gets fanmail of people begging her for sex. Lmao.

What the hell?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

What the hell?

Sounds about right, I mean, we can all agree Rosalina is a babe..

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

The Taint Reaper posted:

What the hell?

Nerds wanna gently caress rosalina really bad. I have no loving clue why.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Because there was fan art of her riding a bike from Mario Kart Wii (or 7? whichever had bikes first) that was really popular so Nintendo kinda rolled with it from there.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
Rosalina is cool, guys. :sparkles:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Austrian mook posted:

She's had 3 voices actresses though.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Alteisen posted:

She's had 3 voices actresses though.

Really? I had no idea. Just read that online somewhere (I think it was this site) and I've always found it hilarious. The pinnacle of gamers.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Austrian mook posted:

Really? I had no idea. Just read that online somewhere (I think it was this site) and I've always found it hilarious. The pinnacle of gamers.

Yea, she was voiced by Mercedes Rose in MKWii, Kerri Kane in 7 and Laura Faye Smith in 8.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Run a GIS on "rosalina bike fan art"

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

enojy posted:

Run a GIS on "rosalina bike fan art"

That's totally spies not princesses.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
What happened to the Rogue Leader/Squadron franchise?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

bowmore posted:

What happened to the Rogue Leader/Squadron franchise?

Factor 5 made Lair and Lucasarts went supernova.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Alteisen posted:

Yea, she was voiced by Mercedes Rose in MKWii, Kerri Kane in 7 and Laura Faye Smith in 8.

Can Laura remain the voice actor then.

I hated Rosalina for awhile but I realized it was because I really didn't like her voice. It was like they were trying to take a page out of Other M's voice acting but crammed it in a Mario game so all you have are these dull "wa...hoo..."'s

Mario Kart 8 actually makes it sound like she's having fun and not a piece of cardboard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Hakkesshu posted:

Factor 5 made Lair and Lucasarts went supernova.

Your only hope is Star Citizen or Electronic Arts for more games like that.

• Locked thread