Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CSM
Jan 29, 2014

56th Motorized Infantry 'Mariupol' Brigade
Seh' die Welt in Trummern liegen
Serves her right for cheating at Cookie Clicker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
Well, I've been playing vanilla for a little over 2 months. I just clicked my 200th reindeer, and now I'm sitting at 200k+ HC and the only achievements left are 400 Cursors, 200 Antimatter/Prisms, 200 All, 7777 Golden Cookies, and resetting with 1 Sept/1 Oct cookies. All of which are pretty far out of reach. (I guess I could sit at my computer for a day and try to crank out another 5500 golden cookie clicks but no)

Well, Grandmas, it was fun. Time for Frozen Cookies.

Pizzatime
Apr 1, 2011

XboxPants posted:

Well, I've been playing vanilla for a little over 2 months. I just clicked my 200th reindeer, and now I'm sitting at 200k+ HC and the only achievements left are 400 Cursors, 200 Antimatter/Prisms, 200 All, 7777 Golden Cookies, and resetting with 1 Sept/1 Oct cookies. All of which are pretty far out of reach. (I guess I could sit at my computer for a day and try to crank out another 5500 golden cookie clicks but no)

I took the red pill

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Pizzatime posted:

I took the red pill

Are you negging the cookies?

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

I couldn't take the waiting anymore.
E: My cookies taste awful :sigh:

Nth Doctor fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Jul 22, 2014

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

XboxPants posted:

200 Antimatter would be pretty easy to do with that.

The rest, yeah...

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Nth Doctor posted:

I couldn't take the waiting anymore.
E: My cookies taste awful :sigh:

Mine has been a little messed up for a while now.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
You should reset. Get that multiplier working for you.

Tuco22
Jul 11, 2013
Alright haven't clicked in a few months, thought id come back and start a new game.
Wish me luck. :ohdear:

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Tried Game.RuinTheFun() in an incognito window for fun. It gives you 1 nonillion cookies, all upgrades, all achievements and some more stuff. Turning on autobuy in FC bottoms out at 300 prisms, but your cps is still in the trillions. If you then reset, you get 1 billion chips. :vince:

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Almost at a million HC's without any autoclick or autobuy scripts, just keeping a tab around for a while. Any estimates for when to crack down to reasonably get the 200 Prisms?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Blind Duke posted:

Almost at a million HC's without any autoclick or autobuy scripts, just keeping a tab around for a while. Any estimates for when to crack down to reasonably get the 200 Prisms?

I did it at 1.2 and it took about two weeks.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
The wiki says the game is 1 year old a week from today, anyone thing we'll get a patch for it?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Yeah Orteil has been tweeting/posting on his tumblr about an update for the anniversary. I think the anniversary is supposed to be Friday, actually. Of course he has been struggling with the last few updates so who knows if we will get it in time. He did mention he was specifically cleaning up code in preparation for the update, saying that he wanted to fix things so that they would be easier to incorporate into future updates.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Golden clicks (time to go outside). Still not automated but using mousekeys to click faster

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Autoclick or not, at somepoint it's kinda useless to still click manually because your buildings produce much, much more cookies. Except during Click Frenzies I guess.

About to reset for 25 million chips, wondering if I will ever get Dr. Tan. :cenobite:

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Relevant to this thread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3bxzhiH374

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

I clicked that light switch 10,000 times.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Merijn posted:

Autoclick or not, at somepoint it's kinda useless to still click manually because your buildings produce much, much more cookies. Except during Click Frenzies I guess.

About to reset for 25 million chips, wondering if I will ever get Dr. Tan. :cenobite:

Yup, only for click frenzies.

I hear people go for it at around 40M. I'm only at 8.5

RE: update, speculation:
http://www.reddit.com/r/CookieClicker/comments/2cg2xh/is_anybody_else_already_getting_really_hyped_for/

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Merijn posted:

Not really? If you were crazy enough to do it constantly, clicking would give you a massive "cps" boost. (in quotes because it's not real cps, not because it's something obscure)

I think 10 clicks per second is pretty easy to hold up if you're using a pad instead of a mouse. At that speed, clicking gives you an 85-ish% increase...which is absurd. Factoring in the Wrinklers, it's more like a 15% increase, but that's still a bigger boost than anything-bar the final prism upgrade.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Gensuki posted:

Not really? If you were crazy enough to do it constantly, clicking would give you a massive "cps" boost. (in quotes because it's not real cps, not because it's something obscure)

I think 10 clicks per second is pretty easy to hold up if you're using a pad instead of a mouse. At that speed, clicking gives you an 85-ish% increase...which is absurd. Factoring in the Wrinklers, it's more like a 15% increase, but that's still a bigger boost than anything-bar the final prism upgrade.

Lol what? I just ran some numbers and it looks like clicking 10/s at all times, assuming half the time I'm in frenzied mode, would give me a 6.3ish% increase over my actual cps, where I've only been active while I'm working. Where are you getting 85% from?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Dum Cumpster posted:

Lol what? I just ran some numbers and it looks like clicking 10/s at all times, assuming half the time I'm in frenzied mode, would give me a 6.3ish% increase over my actual cps, where I've only been active while I'm working. Where are you getting 85% from?

Read what you just wrote and then go look at yourself in a mirror.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

The Duggler posted:

Read what you just wrote and then go look at yourself in a mirror.

Still a big dork. Was something supposed to change?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Clicking is a significant increase to your base CPS, but once you've got all the golden cookie upgrades and are chaining frenzied lucky cookies that's an almost insignificant part of your real income.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
Since you can just do Game.Earn(Infinity) while leaving Frozen Cookies' autobuy turned on we run into some strange behaviour. If you add 15 percent to a price enough times, eventually you pass Number.MAX_VALUE = 1.7976931348623157e+308, JavaScript's floating point representation overflows and reaches the special value Infinity. At this point you have infinite cookies, but the price of any new building is infinite too, which makes further purchases impossible. The precise number of buildings that can be bought is a little lower than the theoretical maximum because of the specific arithmetic which goes into computing what can or cannot be purchased. For me, building purchases become impossible once I reached 5060 cursors, 5046 grandmas, 5031 farms, 5005 factories, 4979 mines, 4943 shipments, 4911 alchemy labs, 4872 portals, 4822 time machines, 4761 antimatter condensers and 4754 prisms.

Max CpS, with all of these buildings purchased and all upgrades unlocked: 4.948 sextillion cookies per second.

Of course, resetting should grant Infinity Heavenly Chips and therefore Infinity CpS, but in practice it seems to lock up my browser.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Dum Cumpster posted:

I think my error is in ignoring lucky frenzy. The 85% is from each click giving you ~8.5% of your cps. 10 clicks per second means +85% per second. This isn't quite as good when -on average- once every 5 minutes you get 140 minutes worth of cookies (which is about a 2800% increase)

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Gensuki posted:

I think my error is in ignoring lucky frenzy. The 85% is from each click giving you ~8.5% of your cps. 10 clicks per second means +85% per second. This isn't quite as good when -on average- once every 5 minutes you get 140 minutes worth of cookies (which is about a 2800% increase)

Also we're not saying to avoid clicking during click frenzies which is where I get most of my cookies. 1.46SP handmade out of 2.81SP total this reset.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

qntm posted:

Of course, resetting should grant Infinity Heavenly Chips and therefore Infinity CpS, but in practice it seems to lock up my browser.

This is great. Good job.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Does anyone remember how many chips they had before they got the kitten managers? It seems like the last major upgrade I've been missing but.. at 18k chips I still wouldn't be near getting it unless I "play" for days.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Dum Cumpster posted:

Yup, only for click frenzies.

I hear people go for it at around 40M. I'm only at 8.5

RE: update, speculation:
http://www.reddit.com/r/CookieClicker/comments/2cg2xh/is_anybody_else_already_getting_really_hyped_for/

Found myself really pleased and excited by these updates, followed by the crushing shame of being excited for updates to loving Cookie Clicker.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

qntm posted:

Since you can just do Game.Earn(Infinity) while leaving Frozen Cookies' autobuy turned on we run into some strange behaviour. If you add 15 percent to a price enough times, eventually you pass Number.MAX_VALUE = 1.7976931348623157e+308, JavaScript's floating point representation overflows and reaches the special value Infinity. At this point you have infinite cookies, but the price of any new building is infinite too, which makes further purchases impossible. The precise number of buildings that can be bought is a little lower than the theoretical maximum because of the specific arithmetic which goes into computing what can or cannot be purchased. For me, building purchases become impossible once I reached 5060 cursors, 5046 grandmas, 5031 farms, 5005 factories, 4979 mines, 4943 shipments, 4911 alchemy labs, 4872 portals, 4822 time machines, 4761 antimatter condensers and 4754 prisms.

Max CpS, with all of these buildings purchased and all upgrades unlocked: 4.948 sextillion cookies per second.

You have mastered the cookie clicker.

Now use your honed skills and bake the world some cookies.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Pope Guilty posted:

Found myself really pleased and excited by these updates, followed by the crushing shame of being excited for updates to loving Cookie Clicker.

At this stage I regard Cookie Clicker as a fish tank. It's a low-maintenance box full of colourful things which do things. Every now and then I buy a new thing and the numbers get bigger.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Particle Clicker: click and learn about particle physics

edit: someone made another Bitcoin Clicker that's even more smug than the previous one

Sywert of Thieves fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Aug 7, 2014

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Breaks quite easily if you click fast. Like a thousand times per second

Woden
May 6, 2006

15 hours in and already playing the waiting game, 1 hour for next optimal research item or 2.5 hours for optimal HR. There's also no reason to click ever after a certain point, each click yields 369 but I'm getting tics of 17.5k each second.

Do not recommend playing, only halfway through the achievement list too.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.
Anyone tried Clicker Heroes? It's a flash RPG skinnerbox but holy poo poo, it's straight up destroying the memory on multiple computers that I've tried it on, so I've straight up abandoned it.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Pidmon posted:

Anyone tried Clicker Heroes? It's a flash RPG skinnerbox but holy poo poo, it's straight up destroying the memory on multiple computers that I've tried it on, so I've straight up abandoned it.

I have. I didn't run into any noticeable problems while playing it like that but once you've finished the upgrade tree for a character there's literally no reason to add any more levels to them because new ones always have vastly more power. Pretty, but ultimately boring.

e: I tried a newer version on Kongregate, it's been significantly improved thanks to the original click boost hero getting usable skills instead of just straight click power upgrades. I'm still skeptical of its lasting appeal but it's a lot more promising than when I tried it originally.

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Aug 8, 2014

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug
http://orteil42.tumblr.com/post/94177467535/hey-guys-cookie-clicker-is-officially-1-year-old

Wizard towers?! Cookie shrines?!? Cookie temples!?!? Oh yes.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

From his twitter:

Orteil42 posted:

Cookie Clicker is now officially 1 year old
beta update possibly incoming in a few days
have a good one, k love u bye

He got delayed after all. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Given the achievement image, those are probably cookie banks

• Locked thread