Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

itsjustdrew posted:

I haven't played 1 or 2 yet, im part way through 1.

It's nowhere near as good as mass effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

Waltzing Along posted:

I can't even comprehend picking refuse the first time. Wow. Just. Wow.

I did synthesis. Not because I wanted to. No...because I just wanted to look at the beam of light up close. Then Shep starts running. Then I started getting punched in the gut. Hard. A lot.

Conglaturations. You has winned Mass Effect 3.

E: Now you see why you do Citadel last?

Because the citadel is the last story? about shep getting drunk, loving a biohazard suited alien and having a huge lizard telling people 'no'

Not the best bed time story in my opinion :(.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014

Drifter posted:

It's nowhere near as good as mass effect.

I know, it's a shame. I don't know what my next time sink should be.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

itsjustdrew posted:

Because the citadel is the last story? about shep getting drunk, loving a biohazard suited alien and having a huge lizard telling people 'no'

The Build up your Party preparedness is infinitely better than building up War Assets.

itsjustdrew posted:

I know, it's a shame. I don't know what my next time sink should be.

The Witcher games. Witcher 2, if you can't get a grasp of Witcher 1.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014

Drifter posted:

The Build up your Party preparedness is infinitely better than building up War Assets.

I agree. It was a fun DLC. I hope you guys had some fun in my disapointment.

I actually have the witcher games in my steam library, and dark souls, I should play the witcher next? I'm going on holiday for 2 weeks tomorrow, 24 hours from now I'll be on the road, so I won't have time to get into it, but on the bright side I have 2 weeks to pick my next game.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

itsjustdrew posted:

Just leave out the "loving a biohazard suited alien" parts, Grandpa.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Go with Witcher.

Take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with its combat, because it's different than standard rpg fare, but not quite like a normal 3rd person thing.

And then always use your potions when you fight things. Potions and spells. And then the swords.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014

Lycus posted:

Just leave out the "loving a biohazard suited alien" parts, Grandpa.

Brilliant, that almost took my pain away.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

itsjustdrew posted:

I actually have the witcher games in my steam library, and dark souls, I should play the witcher next? I'm going on holiday for 2 weeks tomorrow, 24 hours from now I'll be on the road, so I won't have time to get into it, but on the bright side I have 2 weeks to pick my next game.

I dug Witcher 2. Witcher 1's gameplay is rough, but the story was decent. I played 2 first, and 1 later as a sort of prequel.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

itsjustdrew posted:

Brilliant, that almost took my pain away.

This is why you do Citadel last. After you've had a little time to get over the rest. It will/would have taken your pain away. I know how you are feeling. Sucks.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
All I really need is something to pass me over 'til GTA V is out on PC. I've stayed away from getting it on xbox or PS3 because I knew it'd be out on PC eventually. Then I need fallout 4 and I can die happy.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
If archives were up, I'd find my post ME3 finale posts.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014

Waltzing Along posted:

I'd love to read that, dude. I actually had more fun posting it here than I would have playing alone. As you can tell by my title, some people here don't like me. But this went better than expected.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

itsjustdrew posted:

I shot the 'child'

classic

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

itsjustdrew posted:

I'd love to read that, dude. I actually had more fun posting it here than I would have playing alone. As you can tell by my title, some people here don't like me. But this went better than expected.

I will say this, you would have been even more pissed before the Extended Cut, as, before the 'update', we never HAD a 'Refuse' ending (Which even THAT is still bullshit for reasons the thread has gone on about for eons, it feels)

Still, seeing your live reactions was glorious, and isn't helping my urge to reinstall ME2 on the 360 and play though what is, at least, setting wise, my favorite of the three games.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Waltzing Along posted:

I can't even comprehend picking refuse the first time. Wow. Just. Wow.

I know I shot the kid a few times on my first run (before the EC)

didn't everyone?

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014

Magil of Shadow posted:

I will say this, you would have been even more pissed before the Extended Cut, as, before the 'update', we never HAD a 'Refuse' ending (Which even THAT is still bullshit for reasons the thread has gone on about for eons, it feels)

Still, seeing your live reactions was glorious, and isn't helping my urge to reinstall ME2 on the 360 and play though what is, at least, setting wise, my favorite of the three games.

I'd probably say that too, 1 had great story, but felt clunky, and the autosaves sucked, especially on noveria. 2 fixed both problems I had with 1 and 3 had a unsatisfying ending.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
'Refuse' is a perfectly cromulent ending.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Waltzing Along posted:

Here's mine. :buddy:

quote:

I did the Synthesis ending first, then almost quit in disgust. I decided to try the Destroy the Reapers ending to see if it was any better. It was not.

Seriously, what. the. gently caress.

BioWare can WRITE, that much is obvious, but how the gently caress did they screw the ending up that badly? Seriously?

I'm just going to hope BioWare fixes the problem. Somehow. How? I don't know. But PLEASE fix it.

They ruined a great series in my eyes forever with the worst ending I've ever seen in a video game.

I can also confirm, I romanced Tali, and she stepped out in both endings (second time behind only EDI).

If I really focus, I can feel the echoes of the rage still bounding around within my brain. That rage was mostly quenched with the Extended Cut and nearly completely with Citadel.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
OK gents, thanks for... supporting? me through my ordeal, but the time is almost 6 am and I'm tired, so I'm off to bed, goodnight, gents.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

These avatars paid for Lowtax new boat.
Lmao he hates the ending and that's the Extended Cut ending.

You should look up what the original ending was. It was so much bullshit, you'd be amazed if you think the EC is bad.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014

Aristobulus posted:

You should look up what the original ending was. It was so much bullshit, you'd be amazed if you think the EC is bad.

I will do, after a good and well deserved rest. I love your picture/avatar by the way.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I'm gonna be honest, I sat for a few minutes contemplating telling the kid to "gently caress off" when I first finished the game two months ago, because I was just sitting there going "what the gently caress is this 'choose what to do' bullshit?" but I decided to go true Paragon and become God Emperor of the Milky Way.

Had I done what you had, yeah I probably would've been SUPER pissed, instead of just slightly pissed

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

itsjustdrew posted:

Wow, that ending WAS a let down. everyone died and then there was a time capsule of Liara, is this the only ending? I shot the 'child'

:lol: Why? I mean, I know why I did the same thing my first run through, but why did you?

itsjustdrew posted:

I .... I don't know what to do now... I feel lost, Empty, Dead...

Be glad you decided to either destroy the fighter base or didn't think that you could convince the Quarian Admiral to back down when Legion was getting ready to upload the Reaper code to the rest of the Geth. You want to really feel lost, empty and dead, skip one of the Rannoch missions and then be absolutely sure of your persuasion skills. :suicide:

My Q-Face fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Aug 7, 2014

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

My Q-Face posted:

:lol: Why? I mean, I know why I did the same thing my first run through, but why did you?

I don't think he realized what would happen. He was probably like...I wonder if I can shoot the child. Oh..gently caress.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Waltzing Along posted:

This is why you do Citadel last. After you've had a little time to get over the rest. It will/would have taken your pain away. I know how you are feeling. Sucks.

I didn't think so. That ending... :sigh: It was great until then.

itsjustdrew posted:

OK gents, thanks for... supporting? me through my ordeal, but the time is almost 6 am and I'm tired, so I'm off to bed, goodnight, gents.

6am in Central Europe... are you on PC or PS3? Do you play Multiplayer yet?

COOKIEMONSTER
Oct 31, 2006
As an affluent straight white male I know quite a bit second hand what it's like to be incredibly poor and oppressed.
Shouldn't there be an ending where Shepard just freezes himself with his crew and like a million other people then wakes up a few hundred years after the reapers have left and becomes god-emperor of a new civilization? I mean that always seemed like the optimal solution to me. The protheans had it right; they just waited way too long to try it.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Aristobulus posted:

The extended version is worse though.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

These avatars paid for Lowtax new boat.

itsjustdrew posted:

I will do, after a good and well deserved rest. I love your picture/avatar by the way.

Thank you lmao. I'm rather happy with it too.

I'm honestly curious what you'll think of the original ending. The ending you got is basically a big gently caress you to fans who asked for that kind of ending where Shepard doesn't play by the Starkids rules. So yeah it makes sense that it pissed you off.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Aristobulus posted:

The ending you got is basically a big gently caress you to fans who asked for that kind of ending where Shepard doesn't play by the Starkids rules.

Anyone who believes this has a complex or two.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Dan Didio posted:

Anyone who believes this has a complex or two.

I don't know, it does come off as somewhat spiteful given the language and the fact that it completely ignores the players' complaints about the logic behind the ending making no sense in favor of Shepard just spouting nonsense about "choice" before the Starchild kills everyone. The fact that shooting the glow brat triggers it and the future cycle wins by just using the Crucible like they were "supposed" to hints at a bit of that as well.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Geostomp posted:

Not really. It does come off as somewhat spiteful given the language and the fact that it completely ignores the players' complaints about the logic behind the ending making no sense in favor of Shepard just spouting nonsense about "choice" before the Starchild kills everyone. The fact that shooting the glow brat triggers it and the future cycle wins by just using the Crucible like they were "supposed" to hints at a bit of that as well.

Ignoring that it's the only logical outcome of making that choice, both thematically and within the fiction of the world and narrative that they had crafted up to that point, you'd have to be clear and away retarded to think that they were being spiteful by taking the time to implement something people had demanded in a way that made sense with the narrative they'd crafted, within their entire, huge, free 'apology' DLC.

It's a reading of the piece that literally only makes sense if you're looking to feel victimized or spited and has nothing to do with the text at all.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

In a way, they're all the refuse ending :rimshot:

makes u think

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Strategic Tea posted:

In a way, they're all the refuse ending :rimshot:

makes u think

It rhymes.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014

Waltzing Along posted:

I don't think he realized what would happen. He was probably like...I wonder if I can shoot the child. Oh..gently caress.

No, I intentionally shot him in the skull. #wurf.

My Q-Face posted:

I didn't think so. That ending... :sigh: It was great until then.

6am in Central Europe... are you on PC or PS3? Do you play Multiplayer yet?

and I've not played MP yet, I'm in England if that matters. PC.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
I saw 133 unread posts and wondered what terrible thing from 4 got leaked, but that was magical to read. :allears:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

itsjustdrew posted:

No, I intentionally shot him in the skull. #wurf.

I meant, I doubt you thought it would trigger and end scene. Or did you?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Dan Didio posted:

Ignoring that it's the only logical outcome of making that choice, both thematically and within the fiction of the world and narrative that they had crafted up to that point, you'd have to be clear and away retarded to think that they were being spiteful by taking the time to implement something people had demanded in a way that made sense with the narrative they'd crafted, within their entire, huge, free 'apology' DLC.
It was a pretty common reaction for people to want to shoot the messenger out of sheer frustration. There were a lot of youtube videos of people doing so in the original ending and a fuckton of forumposts where people said they did the same thing.
And then Bioware decided that instead of placing a 4th button for Shepard to walk towards to trigger the Refuse ending, shooting the Starchild would be the trigger.

Sure, it may not have been actually intended to be a gently caress You. But given the context and how the Refuse ending is presented, you don't need to have "a complex or two" to interprete it as a gently caress You.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Bioware's writers are hardly above passive aggressive poo poo outside the game either, so it's not too huge a jump to figure there was an element of it with this in-game thing as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014

Waltzing Along posted:

I meant, I doubt you thought it would trigger and end scene. Or did you?

I hoped it would, 'cause gently caress him.

• Locked thread