Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gameday
Apr 29, 2006

Hungry for sport

Don Lapre posted:

Does this game have scratch off codes im gonna miss if i buy it used?

No, it doesn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Kilometers Davis posted:

Have any you been playing with the Gold headset + TLOU preset? It's the best one so far and I can't stop using for every game. I'm not sure what they did but it sounds fantastic.

I ended up getting one of these with some BB gift certificates and coupons. It is every bit as good and in some ways better than my $300 set of Astro A50's. They are seriously good and I don't know what kind of voodoo they are using to make them so good

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Hamburlgar posted:

Yup, DLC is still region locked. I found out the hard way. Ended up giving my US account details to a US buddy who hadn't bought the game yet.
I guess there's some way it has to know it can show violence, but I'd hoped it made a difference that I got a physical copy - but I guess you still have to use that stupid activation code.

It's probably cheaper that I buy the DLC.

What a loving mess.

Similarly, here's a good argument that the upcoming DLC are going to make multiplayer worse by fragmenting the player base.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

They're probably the last two maps that ND will release for this game...so I'm not sure it matters too much.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
Given how poor the MM is already they really should think twice about fragmenting the community again. Release the maps for free, charge for the perks and guns.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Quentin Murphy is spit-roasting a raccoon.

gameday
Apr 29, 2006

Hungry for sport

second-hand smegma posted:

Quentin Murphy is spit-roasting a raccoon.

He should share some with Elise Tan, because she's considering cannibalism. It's been like...TWO DAYS, Elise!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Wow matchmaking is god awful right now.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
I just checked with my friend, and he was told by local and US Gamestop that it should work for us, so just to clear things once and for all, would someone care to fill in the blanks in this table:

code:
=Game/DLC Support= | DLC US | DLC EU
-------------------|----------------
Game-US (Physical) | Yes      ?
Game-EU (Physical) | ?        Yes
Game-US (Digital)  | Yes      No  
Game-EU (Digital)  | No       Yes
Basically, the question is whether DLC from your own region will work with a physical game from another one.

Add to this that I've got my DLC from PS3; he's yet to buy his for PS4.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

NESguerilla posted:

Wow matchmaking is god awful right now.

Yeah, I can't get anything atm

e; poo poo is broke

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Aug 6, 2014

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Even when I managed to get into a game it crashed the application immediately after it ended, first time that's happened. MP is hosed right now.

BigSexyWitGlasses
Nov 1, 2009

I thought it was this massive thunderstorm here where I live skullfucking my internet connection. Glad to hear you guys can hardly get matches in.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BigSexyWitGlasses posted:

Glad to hear you guys can hardly get matches in.

:mad:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Oh great, I was looking forward to playing multiplayer for the first time in ages. Sitting at work for one more hour watching youtube strategy videos.

I like this multiplayer way more than Destiny. Hope it gets a big community.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I'm starting a second game on grounded and I'm in the outskirts downtown and I just finished the leaning skyscraper and I just picked up the first molotov cocktail. I have no idea how to approach this next section, there's like 4 or 5 clickers and I have 5ish bullets, 2 molotovs and 2 shivs. I'd like to open the safe but I can't distract the runner nearby without also alerting a couple nearby clickers to the sound at the same time.

I tried molotoving them in a group but my molotov radius is so small right now I can only hit a couple of them at most. Trying to save shivs for opening doors.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I did it by chocking out the runners (they're dormant and you can sneak up on them) and just walking veeeeeery slowly past the clickers.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

Mustang posted:

I'm starting a second game on grounded and I'm in the outskirts downtown and I just finished the leaning skyscraper and I just picked up the first molotov cocktail. I have no idea how to approach this next section, there's like 4 or 5 clickers and I have 5ish bullets, 2 molotovs and 2 shivs. I'd like to open the safe but I can't distract the runner nearby without also alerting a couple nearby clickers to the sound at the same time.

I tried molotoving them in a group but my molotov radius is so small right now I can only hit a couple of them at most. Trying to save shivs for opening doors.

Stealth past everyone else and brick the clicker camping the ladder. You can open the safe but you need to choke out the runner when the clickers are patrolling away.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I don't remember, is a brick kill in a clicker stealth or no?

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
I think it might be louder than killing someone with a shiv but it's still "stealthy". Stealthy enough to kill that clicker without aggroing the metro anyways.

roastpork
Oct 13, 2005

My underbelly is rock hard. It can go all night.
I made the mistake of picking up this game, playing through most of the Boston sets, and then deciding to check out MP. It's a ridiculous amount of fun outside of Supply Raid, which I still can't quite get the hang of - I'm not sure if that's because I prefer the stealth loadout and it's not good for it, or if I should be playing with parties rather than randoms.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Thanks guys, managed to pull it off. Got pretty tense toward the end. I guess 2 clickers were too close when I brick killed the one by the exit and they came to check it out. I was hiding in the corner and both of them "looked" at me and one of them was maybe a 2 feet away tops but neither of them clicked in my direction and they walked back to where they came from. Had no idea you could get that close in front of a clicker and not be noticed.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I can't imagine using anything but the machete as a purchasable weapon. It's just too drat useful. It regenerates between rounds/lives as long as it doesn't break and you get to always have a melee weapon. Plus most of the guns don't really feel much better than the starting guns so far.

Chim
Jun 23, 2004
Shop Smart, Shop S-Mart!
my apologies if this has already been posted:

Mondo had a surprise print by Olly Moss at the San Diego Comic Con for The Last of Us. It's absolutely beautiful. And going for extreme amounts on ebay.

http://ollymoss.com/#/the-last-of-us/

Wish I could have grabbed one...

Chim fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Aug 7, 2014

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
That's a really pretty picture, but it's kind of a lovely poster for The Last of Us.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Dan Didio posted:

That's a really pretty picture, but it's kind of a lovely poster for The Last of Us.

Yeah, the one before this one with the chalk titling of The Last of Us was slightly better, dunno why they got rid of it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I like Olly Moss, but the way Mondo works is ridiculous. I looked it up on Ebay and it's actually not even that bad for a Mondo poster at a couple of hundred bux.

Undead Muppet
Apr 29, 2007

Is mp completely broken at the moment? In the three times just now that I actually got into a game, it was lagging so hard that each time I had three permanently dead teammates and no visible enemies while the audio played an invisible ghost match happening all around me.

edit:
Just found a stream of the same people I was playing with in one match and they are all playing fine. Checked my net connection on pc and ps4 and nothing is wrong. Weird.

Undead Muppet fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Aug 7, 2014

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Undead Muppet posted:

Is mp completely broken at the moment? In the three times just now that I actually got into a game, it was lagging so hard that each time I had three permanently dead teammates and no visible enemies while the audio played an invisible ghost match happening all around me.

edit:
Just found a stream of the same people I was playing with in one match and they are all playing fine. Checked my net connection on pc and ps4 and nothing is wrong. Weird.
The latest patch seems to have made things go from bad to worse.

Just because it isn't happening to everyone doesn't mean it's still a problem for many.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
Even though MP is broken, I managed to have a good 3-4 hours of constant games with RageBeef, Box_Hog and my buddy Mystic Ninja.

The secret to finding games is to back out into the lobby if it doesn't start populating a match within 60 seconds. Also be sure to go into a loadout menu before searching again if you're hosting the lobby.

We were also playing so well that I managed to get both my rancher hat and skull mask on my first 12 week run.

And for the poster asking about the US/EU DLC compatibility, it's NO on both counts. US DLC is only compatible with US game and visa versa unfortunately.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
So what are the go-to perks in multplayer? I'm not really one for excessive stealth, but there must be some smart ones which are more powerful than the others. Also, the shotgun that you purchase is pretty much my boy.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Buy the Damage Marker perk from the store. Never stop running it, especially with hawk-eyed. Getting a shot off at a guy and having him (and maybe close by buddies if hawk-eyed is level 3) all light up in red for your entire team to see is great.

Other than that I like covert ops because free shiv and reviver.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

henpod posted:

So what are the go-to perks in multplayer? I'm not really one for excessive stealth, but there must be some smart ones which are more powerful than the others. Also, the shotgun that you purchase is pretty much my boy.

Most perks are 100% viable. It really depends on what you want to do.

Team oriented: Reviver,First Aid, Crafter, Hawk Eyed, Fortitude

Lone Wolf: Covert Ops, Agility, Sharp Ears, Awareness, Executioner

Run and Gun: Strategist, Sharp Ears, Bomb Expert, Explosion Expert, Marathon Runner, Brawler, Scavenger,

Sniper: Marksmanship, Hawk Eyed, Damage Marker

There are many combination of perks that work with very specific strategies as well. Want to use pistols only and save up for a big weapon like the shotgun? Consider gunslinger. Want to get up and hit people in the face: Marathon runner, agility, brawler. Want to death ball as a team?

Just start using them on different builds until you get a feel of what they do, and it will come naturally when to put what where when making different class load outs.

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
I think I am going through withdrawals after not getting to play any multiplayer since Sunday night. Should hopefully get to play some this evening, though. Had just stabilized my clan after the huge losing streak we went on Saturday night.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice

inSTAALed posted:

I think I am going through withdrawals after not getting to play any multiplayer since Sunday night. Should hopefully get to play some this evening, though. Had just stabilized my clan after the huge losing streak we went on Saturday night.

Thanks.

Also, its amazing how stressful the MP is. When i'm doing well, my heartrate is going like crazy :stare:

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

I'll be on tonight (after 5pm est) and will be down for some MP action. add fateomcskippy and I'll help you shank mans

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Having just finished this, drat that was a good game. It showed its seams a bit (and was really obvious during the ladder/box puzzles throughout) but probably one of the best games I've played in a while.

It's a shame the DLC isn't wedged into the main story though. I'd have preferred to go through that when it happens rather than after the fact, since I'm having trouble building up steam towards finishing it knowing it doesn't really affect the main ending.

Also will add I get the chest high cover everywhere complaint. It makes sense from a gameplay standpoint, but there were a few times where I saw a bunch of random boxes lying around and it spoiled the surprise of poo poo about to go down. Not terrible, but there's a few overtly game-y points that stuck out, which is odd given how cohesive the gameplay fit into the story usually.

Great game though, very well done, definitely gonna run through NG+ on this one a few times.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Dewgy posted:

Having just finished this, drat that was a good game. It showed its seams a bit (and was really obvious during the ladder/box puzzles throughout) but probably one of the best games I've played in a while.

Those ladder/box puzzles aren't what you think they are.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

second-hand smegma posted:

Those ladder/box puzzles aren't what you think they are.

?

I mean I get that they change subtly over the course of the game to reflect the changing relationships between characters which is neat, and definitely does run counter to them being really gamey, but otherwise I have no idea what you mean. I just meant those bits didn't feel nearly as seamless as a lot of the other game design did.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Dewgy posted:

?

I mean I get that they change subtly over the course of the game to reflect the changing relationships between characters which is neat, and definitely does run counter to them being really gamey, but otherwise I have no idea what you mean. I just meant those bits didn't feel nearly as seamless as a lot of the other game design did.

Okay, that's what I meant. I thought you were referencing them as load-screen cover or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
The MP is still a mess. People were skating around, freezing, game wouldn't let me spawn, shooting didn't register at all most of the time, warping all over the place, constant disconnects. Saw a guy at level 53 :wtc:

I actually had to cave in and go back to single player. Finally managed to clear the hotel. The basement was the most tense part of the whole game on PS3 for me, didn't really have the same impact second time around. Probably because I just rushed through it. :v:

• Locked thread