Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
gently caress it, I'm installing this again.

What are some huge spergy mods? I remember a page that had a ton of them that added "realistic" poo poo like having to eat and crap along with some other actually good mods but I can't find it anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

The Sharmat posted:

What are some huge spergy mods? I remember a page that had a ton of them that added "realistic" poo poo like having to eat and crap along with some other actually good mods but I can't find it anymore.

just google morrowind overhaul (mgso 3.0) and use that. it includes the graphics extender, a bunch of bug fix mods, and nifty things

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I really wish I could remember that page though because like half the mods were things I'd actually like to use like the Regionally Known Criminals mod and this one that gave NPCs schedules like in Oblivion

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

The Sharmat posted:

I really wish I could remember that page though because like half the mods were things I'd actually like to use like the Regionally Known Criminals mod and this one that gave NPCs schedules like in Oblivion

that's gay. just play morrowind

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
They made Morrowind better than literally the only thing Oblivion could claim to do remotely well though

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
think I'll play a House Redoran character for once instead of Telvanni like I usually do. Maybe join the Tribunal Temple too, play a Dunmer fanatic.

Vivec Ackbar

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

LaTex Fetish posted:

just google morrowind overhaul (mgso 3.0) and use that. it includes the graphics extender, a bunch of bug fix mods, and nifty things

I'm pretty nervous about using this because it says its a pack of hundreds of mods and there's no way they could do consistent quality and maintain faithfulness to the original game with all of those. I mean isn't there probably stupid poo poo like that mod that turns Balmora into a jungle in it?

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I mean is there at least a change list I can see somewhere

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i think you underestimate just how much dedicated aspergers has gone into the morrowind overhaul

it's fine, there's no poorly textured towers rising out of seyda neen, etc.

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

The Sharmat posted:

I'm pretty nervous about using this because it says its a pack of hundreds of mods and there's no way they could do consistent quality and maintain faithfulness to the original game with all of those. I mean isn't there probably stupid poo poo like that mod that turns Balmora into a jungle in it?

just try it man
but don't use animated containers, they're fuckin' annoying

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
How compatible is it with other mods?

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

The Sharmat posted:

How compatible is it with other mods?

you get the wyremash to help with this. they also straight up tell you popular mods that will not work with it, but there's not many and they make sense, e.g. you can't have two texture replacement mods

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Ok, I'll do it. I'm trusting you, Imp Zone.

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

The Sharmat posted:

http://www.mwmythicmods.com/realism.htm

modlist for MGSO, it's graphics and sound only, doesn't touch gameplay so anything you add like weapons or schedules or whatever wont conflict (use wrye mash though)
http://www.ornitocopter.net/mo_wiki/index.php?title=Credits#Included_Mods_.28In_alphabetical_order.29

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

lol vivec's dick

Dec 26, 2012

lol

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

I didn't know there was a 40k mod.

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

The Sharmat posted:

The answer is here bro: http://chocopack.net/morrowind/mod-list/

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

don't trust the skull

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

This is actually a screenshot I took of Malbora, the latest settlement to appear in Morrowind: Gold Edition.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

The Sharmat posted:

If you want faithfulness to the original game your best bet is probably just to play vanilla, maybe with the official plugins, or little things like the book rotate mod. All the overhaul packs usually will include things like texture replacements that turn Morrowind super grassy/lush, the Better Heads mod which completely changes the look of every NPC's face in the game, or the worst offender in my opinion: the "better deities" (if you can call it that) mod where characters like Dagoth Ur, Vivec and Almalexia are remodeled to look different and someone recorded his own voice reading out the character's lines. I don't know who decided Dagoth Ur wasn't a good enough villain that they had to pitch shift his voice with special effects to make it tolerable

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

bonzibuddy64 posted:

pitch shift his voice with special effects

what the gently caress dagoth ur has legitly great va

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNnASI16KTk

now you too can experience Morrowind the way it was meant to be played: as a set of floating arms and eyeballs.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

goddammit.

I feel like I'll eventually get an occulus and then spend 20 hours reinstalling morrowind to have the correct mods and poo poo and then I'll end up playing that at some point.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

LaTex Fetish posted:

spend 20 hours reinstalling morrowind to have the correct mods

Morrowind.esm
Tribunal.esm
Bloodmoon.esm

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Morrowind.esm
Tribunal.esm
Bloodmoon.esm

morrowind.esm only 1.0 sunder and keening set to hotkeys constantly cycling them back and forth

wealth beyond measure outlander

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Morrowind.esm
Tribunal.esm
Bloodmoon.esm

are you sure that's all it takes for occulus support?

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

yo guys, morrowind is good

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

like, really really good, basically perfect

Elijah.
Feb 11, 2007

all of your troubles are dead and gone~

Whorelord posted:

like, really really good, basically perfect

its imperfections are what make it magical. don't be confused.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
morrowind gold edition 0.6 RELEASE https://www.mediafire.com/?6t4kdmz66q4jnp2

Changes:
-New city - visit Malbora next to Balmora, further down the Odai River, and visit tons of new lore-friendly and canon locations. Pay a visit to the Tribunal Cornerclub and talk to Sotha Sil - yes, he's still alive all along - or maybe take a trip to the Malbora Freak Show and see what they've got on show. Rumor has it that a dark secret lurks at the bottom of the Malbora Mages Guild, and an even darker secret lurks behind Josh Sawyer's House. As for shops and services, a Healer has finally been located - the only one in Vvardenfell - and has opened up shop in Malbora, and you can also check out the Khemist's Krazy Khemicals if you're in an experimental mood. For the artifact and rarity seekers, visit the Rare Books library across from the cornerclub - it houses the largest and most grandiose collection of rare books in all of Tamriel. There are lots of other knick knacks, interesting people, and special buildings for you to check out, so I don't want to spoil them all. But keep your eyes open - you don't want to miss out on a chance encounter with all 16 daedric princes!
-New city - The dwemer are back and this time they're bringing a third Numidium with them. Visit the ancient city of Deeplora, which has recently appeared in the middle of Balmora, causing a big ruckus. No one knows just why the dwemer appeared, or when they appeared, but if you feel like asking them, it's up to you - no one's going to stop you, certainly not Kagrum Bagrenac, who is much too busy and hard at work on the third Numidium.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

bonzibuddy64 posted:

morrowind gold edition 0.6 RELEASE https://www.mediafire.com/?6t4kdmz66q4jnp2

Changes:
-New city - visit Malbora next to Balmora, further down the Odai River, and visit tons of new lore-friendly and canon locations. Pay a visit to the Tribunal Cornerclub and talk to Sotha Sil - yes, he's still alive all along - or maybe take a trip to the Malbora Freak Show and see what they've got on show. Rumor has it that a dark secret lurks at the bottom of the Malbora Mages Guild, and an even darker secret lurks behind Josh Sawyer's House. As for shops and services, a Healer has finally been located - the only one in Vvardenfell - and has opened up shop in Malbora, and you can also check out the Khemist's Krazy Khemicals if you're in an experimental mood. For the artifact and rarity seekers, visit the Rare Books library across from the cornerclub - it houses the largest and most grandiose collection of rare books in all of Tamriel. There are lots of other knick knacks, interesting people, and special buildings for you to check out, so I don't want to spoil them all. But keep your eyes open - you don't want to miss out on a chance encounter with all 16 daedric princes!
-New city - The dwemer are back and this time they're bringing a third Numidium with them. Visit the ancient city of Deeplora, which has recently appeared in the middle of Balmora, causing a big ruckus. No one knows just why the dwemer appeared, or when they appeared, but if you feel like asking them, it's up to you - no one's going to stop you, certainly not Kagrum Bagrenac, who is much too busy and hard at work on the third Numidium.

lol was this really banned from the nexus

this is awesome

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Yeah, that's why I have to upload it to mediafire instead

HoboNews
Oct 11, 2012

Don't rattle me bones

How much fun should I expect to have with this mod? Because Malbora sounds pretty legit

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
it includes all the other morrowind gold edition stuff so all of seyda neen is completely overhauled and there are little things scattered throughout suran, ald-ruhn, hla oad and caldera. Most of the balmora stuff is in malbora/deeplora but there are a few other things in the regular balmora areas. Here are some videos i'll repost:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_3IWDlSWzA Arrille's Tradehouse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya5nPvDSV9c Balmora Council Club

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-8wzta0NHk Character Creation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

that moment when you realize it's a TINY yagrum bagrum sitting on a table

• Locked thread