Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Christoff posted:

Wait hold up when did the xim4 come out?

They had a wave of orders on the 28th and at least some of them shipped out 2 days later. I'm in Canada and got mine two days ago but still haven't hooked it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Ah ok I assumed they weren't even out yet not their website is pretty poo poo. i thought I signed up for the email notification but I might have to again. Pretty excited regardless I used the poo poo out of my xim3 on Xbox. Not that it matters right now since the new COD isn't out as well as Destiny.

I think the xim3 was like $175 + $15 shipping :vince: least this is $125

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

Tora Tora Torrents posted:

They honest to god fit without any modification.

Wait... So I could take the sticks off my beloved, but now retired, silver 360 controller with transforming DPAD (it deserves the full description!), and mount them on my DS4? Like, right now? :vince:

fanthom
Sep 6, 2005

ain't carryin no fuckin pads
I just got my PS4 on Monday, and swapped out the DS4 thumbsticks with Xbone ones on Tuesday.

Controller is perfect now. Took about 10-15 mins to do it. All you need is a Size 0 Phillips screwdriver and some pliers/tweezers to detach/reattach the Touchpad cable. Only difficult part of the entire process was pulling the controller apart after unscrewing the 4 screws on the back. The clip-in mechanism they have on the controller for the front and back plates to attach is quite the bitch to pull apart.

I actually hosed up pulling the backplate off the top of the controller properly, and detached the L2 trigger with its spring. I was able to put it back in a matter of seconds, though. As somebody who was pretty nervous about taking it apart, it's quite easy. The only risk you run is if you're being an idiot and start pulling pieces apart and tear cables. (Which won't happen if you have eyes)

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

magimix posted:

Wait... So I could take the sticks off my beloved, but now retired, silver 360 controller with transforming DPAD (it deserves the full description!), and mount them on my DS4? Like, right now? :vince:

No, 360 sticks don't work. You have to use Xbone sticks.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

Disgustipated posted:

No, 360 sticks don't work. You have to use Xbone sticks.

Bugger! And I was actually excited there for a moment too :argh:

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Re: lightbar

What's it even for? Tracking with the camera?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Where do I change the lightbar brightness?

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Harlock posted:

That and eventually VR with Morpheus, iirc. Also pulsating with Sound Shapes and changing colors with the spray paint in Infamous and flashing red and yellow with Tomb Raider.

kri kri posted:

Hold down the PS button on the home screen and that should be a choice on the menu that pops up.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Harlock posted:

It turns red when you get hurt in some games.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

kri kri posted:

Long press the PS button, then go to adjust devices. Same menu you use to shut the controller off or set the speaker volume.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
And the light also distinguishes player 1 from player 2, etc. So there's that!

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Morby posted:

And the light also distinguishes player 1 from player 2, etc. So there's that!

I guess that could matter if games supported couch co op any more :smith:

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

FishBulb posted:

Diablo 3 comes out in like two weeks!

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

FishBulb posted:

Diablo 3! It's the big one for couch co-op. The last-gen versions were the best couch multiplayer in a very, very long time.

edit: gently caress, beaten

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

FishBulb posted:

Towerfall Ascension

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

FishBulb posted:

Rayman is couch coop and owns, even my partner likes it and shes awful at games.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Hey, have you guys seen Towerfall? :shepface:

E: balls

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
Heads up, Surgeon Simulator comes out next week.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

FishBulb posted:

Eventually there will be a Tekken or PlayStation All-Stars or Mortal Kombat or something. And, in the meanwhile, there's always Rayman and Towerfall. Cheer up! :unsmith:

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Saw CoD Ghosts on sale for $19.99 when I stopped by the local Tiger Direct to see if they had any PS4 Gold headsets in stock(they didn't) so I grabbed a copy since I had enjoyed previous CoD games. God drat do I regret this purchase. By far the worst CoD game I have ever played. I've enjoyed all of Treyarchs CoD games but man Infinity Ward is downright terrible now.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime

Morby posted:

Cheer up! :unsmith:

Just seeing your avatar cheers me up! Sup Panther buddy.

I'll have to check out towerfall. Would a non gamer who's bad at lego games be any good with it?

rotaryfun fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Aug 7, 2014

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

Christoff posted:

Why does the DS3 battery last longer and why didn't they just use that battery in the DS4? The battery life of the ds4 is pretty bad

There are third-party DS3 batteries that have a higher capacity than the stock DS3 or DS4 batteries.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

timeandtide posted:

Heads up, Surgeon Simulator comes out next week.

They are suppose to annouce some surprise for it soon. I'm hoping it's Move support.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Mustang posted:

Saw CoD Ghosts on sale for $19.99 when I stopped by the local Tiger Direct to see if they had any PS4 Gold headsets in stock(they didn't) so I grabbed a copy since I had enjoyed previous CoD games. God drat do I regret this purchase. By far the worst CoD game I have ever played. I've enjoyed all of Treyarchs CoD games but man Infinity Ward is downright terrible now.

Yeah I played a lot of MW3 and BLOPS2. Ghost looked good but I avoided it just because it was universally hated. I mean people complain about every COD but drat

Tora Tora Torrents posted:

There are third-party DS3 batteries that have a higher capacity than the stock DS3 or DS4 batteries.

Ah, ok. Got an amazon link or something maybe I can add to OP?

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

rotaryfun posted:

Just seeing your avatar chears me up! Sup Panther buddy.

I'll have to check out towerfall. Would a non gamer who's bad at lego games be any good with it?

Yay! :unsmith:

Towerfall is a party platformer tower defense game. If you liked Smash Bros., you'll like this. You can cooperate with your friends or you can actively screw them over. It is great.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Towerfall is a legit good game. It's worth whatever they're charging.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Morby posted:

Towerfall is a party platformer tower defense game. If you liked Smash Bros., you'll like this. You can cooperate with your friends or you can actively screw them over. It is great.

Related: Do DualShock 3's work on PS4 (maybe as a generic wired controller)? That'd give me enough for some 4 player action

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The Milkman posted:

Related: Do DualShock 3's work on PS4 (maybe as a generic wired controller)? That'd give me enough for some 4 player action

No. Only controllers that are explicitly PS4-compatible will work (currently this means Dualshock 4, that $120 gamepad thingie whose name I forget, and the upcoming MadCatz Ultra SF4 stick).

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Morby posted:

Where the hell does tower defense come in to Towerfall

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Pleads posted:

Where the hell does tower defense come in to Towerfall

You defend yourself... In a tower!

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
How is Towerfall if you... have no friends?

(:smith:)

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Ularg posted:

How is Towerfall if you... have no friends?

(:smith:)

The single player is fun enough. It gets pretty hard though.

gameday
Apr 29, 2006

Hungry for sport

univbee posted:

No. Only controllers that are explicitly PS4-compatible will work (currently this means Dualshock 4, that $120 gamepad thingie whose name I forget, and the upcoming MadCatz Ultra SF4 stick).

You can also use Vita as a controller.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

mikeycp posted:

The single player is fun enough. It gets pretty hard though.

I would scratch out Fun and say "Novel". It's cool to check out but you won't likely play it much.

In other news: Road Not Taken is awesome. I love so much about it. However I feel like one of a couple of possible things is going on here:

It's either:

Slightly too hard.

Needs to allow you some kind of checkpointing or SOME kind of persistent improvement.

Or some combination of the two.

I have played it and every time I get super excited to be playing such a cool, whimsical game only to always fail on level 4. (Of like 15 "Years")

A lot of times you get into these map/boards where you can barely move and end up taking damage or loving things up or something. It just feels a bit too unforgiving.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Feenix posted:

Needs to allow you some kind of checkpointing or SOME kind of persistent improvement.

The friend/marriage thing persists and can give you some huge bonuses.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

univbee posted:

That's disappointing given how open the PS3 was about things.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Mustang posted:

I hated that game until the moment I hit the credits, then immediately played through it again.

The story does you no favors, but it's ridiculous enough to be entertaining once you know what in the hell is going on and who all these names are that are getting tossed around.

Never touched MP because I'm weird/possibly smart.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

I should troll some Twitch users...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Lockback posted:

The friend/marriage thing persists and can give you some huge bonuses.

I'm giving everything I have away in between each mission. I've made it to "Friends" with some folks. I've gotten some neat trinkets and perks but nothing that has yet changed the tide of an encounter.

• Locked thread