Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

mrEkli posted:

Tomb Raider Multiplayer is the stupidest thing ever. People just hop around (which I'm not convinced is faster than sprinting) while shooting overpowered weapons. What is even going on? Objective whatever.
So it's like Quake 3 or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.
Two powerful weapons spawn on the map. So pretty much first team to get it wins and most upgrades are level gated and the hopping around. Gah. I hate the hopping around.

I'm mainly trying to maybe get some trophies. But I didn't think it'd be this terrible.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Tora Tora Torrents posted:

Just swap them with Xbox One sticks. Huge improvement.

I seriously want to do this, but I'm guessing they don't just fit perfectly right out of the box right? DS4 is an awesome controller but the sticks are just weak in general. Even the 360's sticks are massively superior to the DS4.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

NESguerilla posted:

I seriously want to do this, but I'm guessing they don't just fit perfectly right out of the box right?

From what I've read, they actually more or less do. They use the same type of socket for holding the sticks.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Heh, almost all the reviews for the official Xbox One replacement sticks on Amazon are regarding their use with a DS4.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/cr/B00JQX91HU/ref=mw_dp_cr

They're out of stock atm.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Rinkles posted:

Heh, almost all the reviews for the official Xbox One replacement sticks on Amazon are regarding their use with a DS4.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/cr/B00JQX91HU/ref=mw_dp_cr

They're out of stock atm.

Well in the bone's defense I can't imagine who else would want replacement xbone sticks this early into the generation. It's the dual shock 4 that's had faulty stick issues.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

monkeu posted:

Well in the bone's defense I can't imagine who else would want replacement xbone sticks this early into the generation. It's the dual shock 4 that's had faulty stick issues.

Nothing really needs defense. Just found it funny.

Though the lone non-DS4 review says the bone sticks actually wear out fairly quick (maybe we'd be hearing more about that if the dual shock sticks weren't such a monumental failure).

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
I bought Strike Suit Zero on the Summer Sale and it's a cool game, but I have a problem with unlocks - in each mission there is an unlock, which you gain by clearing a certain bonus objective. However, so far I've played 2 missions and I can't seem to fulfil the requirements, or they do not even seem feasible:
1) in mission one I am to destroy all the wreckage in the weapons range - I'd destroyed all that are visible, flown around trying to find a new target like a madman, not found anything (also not seen anything else) and were not given an upgrade. Or is there more wreckage during the part 3 of the mission (part one being flying in the straight line, part two being the shooting practice)?
2) During the second mission I am to shoot down 2 Corvettes, but only one seem to had spawned, which does not seem to fair.

The problem I have is that those two missions are easy, but - being the tutorial ones - take too much time faffing about and quickly become boring; I want the upgrades, but I don't want to sour the game for me at the very beginning.

Of course, since I don't know what the upgrades actually do their effect might be negligible and not worrying about.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

monkeu posted:

Faulty sticks aside Xbox's have always just been better imho. I don't know why they stuck with the convex center part, even though it's nice that that finally put a ridge around it it still sucks by comparison and they are very stubby. If I had known it was that easy to swap them out I would have done it back at launch. Looks like a pretty easy swap too. Probably should be ready to buy another controller just in case I gently caress it up though.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Aug 7, 2014

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

NESguerilla posted:

Faulty sticks aside Xbox's have always just been better imho. I don't know why they stuck with the convex center part, even though it's nice that that finally put a ridge around it it still sucks by comparison and they are very stubby. If I had known it was that easy to swap them out I would have done it back at launch.

I don't mind the convex center in theory but the ridge makes it painful. A concave surface seems like a simpler, better and incredibly obvious solution.

But the resistance and movement of the sticks are second to none, IMO.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

NESguerilla posted:

I seriously want to do this, but I'm guessing they don't just fit perfectly right out of the box right? DS4 is an awesome controller but the sticks are just weak in general. Even the 360's sticks are massively superior to the DS4.

I swapped mine (super easy to do - a few minutes tops) and the round bottom half thing that covers the internals is not as wide as the originals so if you push the stick all the way you can see the circuitboard through a small gap which I guess may lead to some more poo poo getting in there but whatever. Otherwise they fit perfectly. Both probably use the same manufacturer or something.

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007
Chaser of the stray sea-life, clad in a trench and a fedora.
Road Not Taken is... quite not what I expected. That might not be a bad thing.

The atmosphere is a pretty intriguing mix of charming as hell and quite ominous. I dig it so far.

Gameplay then gets rather hard rather fast, and requires quite a bit of thought. Remains to be seen if it gets too hard for my lizard brain at some point.

So far I've enjoyed the game a lot, but at the same time it feels like a better fit for Vita. Browsing the notes should be a bit smoother though, since you'll need to use the interactions between different objects often.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I'm liking Road Not Taken but it feels way too luck oriented. I was on a stage where I had 7 kids to rescue and some very difficult puzzles, died and used a respawn point, replayed the same stage number and this time only had to rescue 4, all of which were easier to get to. I know randomization is the hot thing in indie games, but I think I'd like it better if it was entirely pre-scripted puzzles.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Road Not Taken is the perfect PS+ game for me. It's not something I would ever buy, but I got a solid 4 or 5 hours out of it. For me it has the same problem I had with Don't Starve in that after the 3rd or 4th attempt I was just kind of done wanting to play it anymore.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
I am maddeningly close to getting my first Platinum trophy on Infamous. Just trying to figure out if it would be worth it to play the game a third time on Expert. I've done both the good and bad play throughs on Normal. How big of a jump in difficulty is it? Do the same strategies work for the bosses?

October looks pretty nuts. Sleeping Dogs, Drive Club, AC: Unity, Mordor, Evil Within, probably other games I'm forgetting, and PS+ titles that haven't been announced yet. Good stuff!

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

It's not bad. Same strategies work. Should have done your second play through on expert though. 3 times seems maddening to me.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Fateo McMurray posted:

It's not bad. Same strategies work. Should have done your second play through on expert though. 3 times seems maddening to me.

If I had thought about it, I would have changed the difficulty. By the time I realized I should have done that, I was fighting Augustine.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Rinkles posted:

Though the lone non-DS4 review says the bone sticks actually wear out fairly quick (maybe we'd be hearing more about that if the dual shock sticks weren't such a monumental failure).

If current trends continue, this is unlikely to ever be a problem I encounter with my XBone controllers.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Isn't the PS4 technically the sixth playstation?

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

limaCAT posted:

Isn't the PS4 technically the sixth playstation?

Depends, if you include all hardware revisions & re-designs, it's like the 14th or 15th Playstation :psyduck:

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

MZ posted:

Depends, if you include all hardware revisions & re-designs, it's like the 14th or 15th Playstation :psyduck:

Yeah, were you including stuff like the PSOne and the Pocket Station?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I think he's including the PSP and Vita. Like how AC4 was actually the sixth AC game because Brotherhood and Revelation didn't have numbers. And even that doesn't include the countless AC games that came out for portables, smartphones, and other things that aren't consoles.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
But is the Playstation TV the fifth or seventh Playstation? :ohdear:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The Playstation 4 is the fifth SNES optical media drive.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Then technically we're on something like Final Fantasy 31, Metal Gear 13 and Street Fighter 492 :v:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Space Racist posted:

Right, Playstation TV!
The release date makes me think PSTV is the sixth playstation, and PS4 to be the seventh!

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Then technically we're on something like Final Fantasy 31, Metal Gear 13 and Street Fighter 492 :v:

Suddenly the "Street Fighter IV ULTIMATE ARCADE EDITION" makes a lot more sense.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Space Racist posted:

It's the second Vita. Or the third PSP.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
List of Street Fighter games :psyduck:

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
So apparently Diablo 3 WILL be getting patch support on the PS4 after all.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/08/07/diablo-iii-on-ps4-new-ultimate-evil-edition-details/

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

StarkRavingMad posted:

It's the second Vita. Or the third PSP.

Fourth?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3mxqF1A9S8

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011

abagofcheetos posted:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/08/07/diablo-iii-on-ps4-new-ultimate-evil-edition-details/

Why was this ever in question? Games get patched all the time on consoles these days.

gameday
Apr 29, 2006

Hungry for sport

abagofcheetos posted:

Excellent news. This is my first time playing the game, and the patch question was the last thing some of my PC friends were waiting on before preordering.

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I know Bone sticks are sold separately, but I don't really want to take my DS4 apart. I ordered some grips anyway. Aiming isn't a problem or anything, just don't want my thumbs falling off so much.

I thought the same way, but grips didn't cut it for me. It's super super easy to do. Only thing that threw me off was there is a hidden reset button that I couldn't immediately figure out how to put back. You could also replace the tiny battery with a longer lasting DS3 one, but I passed on doing that.

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

NESguerilla posted:

They honest to god fit without any modification.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Aishan posted:

Why was this ever in question? Games get patched all the time on consoles these days.

Yeah, actually. It isn't getting continually patched on last gen, and I guess isn't going to be patched continually on the Xbone either, unless they just haven't announced that part yet.

Console patching is a pain in the dick, you can't really release a new patch ever two or three weeks (on the PS3/360 anyway).

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Tora Tora Torrents posted:

They honest to god fit without any modification.

Several years ago I swapped my 360 sticks with a Dualshock 2 and they both fit on each other perfectly.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

CheeseFactory posted:

God I hope they gently caress gamebyro right off for next gen systems, it's really showing it's age.

Well, I spent a good $400 on my PS4 between getting a new BenQ 1ms gaming monitor, xim4 and the wireless gold headset. The results are pretty amazing though.

For those interested, the xim4 works a lot better with the PS4 than the xim3 did with the PS3, it feel more responsive and more accurate. If anyone has questions about it let me know.

Wait hold up when did the xim4 come out?

I'm also curious about xbone sticks on the DS4. See it a lot on reedit. Might add it to OP. Apparently they're raised just a slight bit more than the DS4s. I have an FPS freek on the right one but might try xbone on the other one.

Why does the DS3 battery last longer and why didn't they just use that battery in the DS4? The battery life of the ds4 is pretty bad

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Christoff posted:

Why does the DS3 battery last longer and why didn't they just use that battery in the DS4? The battery life of the ds4 is pretty bad

The LED in the lightbar consumes an enormous amount of power. You can extend your battery life by dimming it in the menu but opening the controller and unplugging it entirely gives a bigger boost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Oh I thought it was about replacing the DS4 battery which I swore I've read people do

• Locked thread