Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

So to protect a national secret, the tentacled alien himself apologizes to the victim? Yeah ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Seems on par with the story so far

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Well obviously the old man is the next member of Class E

Thunk
Oct 15, 2007

blizzardvizard posted:

So to protect a national secret, the tentacled alien himself apologizes to the victim? Yeah ok

And spills the beans about the entire program, no less.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

The deadline is in 5 months from october... or in other words about april... APRIL 1st! KOROSENSEI IS PLAYING THE LARGEST APRIL FOOLS JOKE OF ALL TIME!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah I refuse to believe he would destroy the planet and thus kill all the kids he cares so much for. I mean, it's obvious, but we are rapidly approaching the deadline and so it will be make or break time soon enough.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

AtomikKrab posted:

The deadline is in 5 months from october... or in other words about april... APRIL 1st! KOROSENSEI IS PLAYING THE LARGEST APRIL FOOLS JOKE OF ALL TIME!

oh gently caress

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

AtomikKrab posted:

I'm totally behind this.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
Koro sensei is being a major hypocrite here with his speech about not abusing your power, or respecting those weaker than you.

I'm disappointed no one called him on it.

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013
In what way is he being hypocritical?

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Montegoraon posted:

He got his job as a teacher via blackmail thanks to his power.

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013

Petiso posted:

He got his job as a teacher via blackmail thanks to his power.

But that has nothing to do with what he's talking about. He's not saying they shouldn't use their abilities. He's unhappy with class E because they became arrogant because of all their successes and didn't consider the potential consequences for their actions. As a result, someone got hurt because they didn't look before they leapt. If they had been careful enough that they were able to notice that old man before they landed almost on top of him, the teachers would have disapproved because their training is supposed to be secret, but they probably would have let them off with a stern warning not to do it again.

Expanding further, in the real world, parkour-associated injuries are a real problem, though it's mostly traceurs themselves who get injured. Okajima and Kimura really should have been injured if they panicked and landed wrong. More importantly, running across rooftops is somewhat frowned upon. They were technically trespassing, but tolerance for that sort of thing varies by region, just like with urban exploration, as long as you aren't actually entering the building.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Montegoraon posted:

Koro sensei has already stated he will personally murder the injured man in 5 months (along with everyone else). Then he used his super speed to slap a bunch of children.

He's got no leg to stand on when he's trying to make a great power/responsibility speech.

Any discussion about consequences is pretty moot when the world is months away from destruction.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Dr_Amazing posted:

He's got no leg to stand on when he's trying to make a great power/responsibility speech.

Of course not, he doesn't have legs. :yohoho:

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013
If that's you're complaint, then it's nothing new. It's been around since chapter 1. On the one hand, he's threatening to kill all the kids by destroying the world. On the other, he's clearly trying to raise them to become mature, strong, competent adults. It's the premise of the whole series. Now, it's almost certain that one of those two things is a pretense. If it's the former, then he's not going to destroy the world and there is no hypocrisy. If it's the latter, he's a psychopathic manipulator the likes of which fiction has rarely seen, and it would be expected that he'd slap them in anger. But this is the first time he has ever physically harmed any of them. The things he expects of them have been entirely consistent, and their careless actions that got someone hurt clearly went against them.

But let's say that both of those things are true. It still wouldn't be hypocritical, because the issue in this chapter is being careless with power. Koro-sensei has always been very careful and measured with his power, with only one exception: the destruction of the moon, which we know next to nothing about the circumstances of it or his reasoning, or even if he meant to do it or not. And he claims that he'll destroy the world, but he's never done anything blatantly or pointlessly destructive. I'm about 90% certain that he's lying, or that the destruction of the Earth isn't something he'll be responsible for or be able to control. In any event, aside from this one strange exception that stands out very strongly from his other behavior, he has not been hypocritical at all.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

We're not even sure it was Koro-sensei that blew up the moon.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I don't get why people are thinking he's gonna blow up the world. He's done absolutely nothing so far that suggests he'd ever do that. Given how much he cares about the kids, it would be against his character to do something like that.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
He didn't hit the kids very hard.

Anime is great!
Sep 14, 2007

Just when I was getting sick of everything this manga brings me back. I have a feeling that it's way more entertaining to read it in raw form and that kind of bums me out.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

He didn't hit the kids very hard.

Especially if you consider the last chapter as contrast.

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013

Anime is great! posted:

Just when I was getting sick of everything this manga brings me back. I have a feeling that it's way more entertaining to read it in raw form and that kind of bums me out.

It's actually kinda impressive, if you go back and look though this thread. "The kids don't do enough. Too much focus on the teachers" right before the chapter where they all get revenge on Maehara's old girlfriend. "Nagisa is boring, he doesn't stand out as a main character" a few weeks later, Nagisa clowns Takaoka for the first time. "There haven't been any real assassination attempts in a long time" and then they go make a huge attempt on that island. Matsui seems to know his audience extraordinarily well, and is able to change things up every time they start to drag.

I do think reading the raws is better, since at least they come out regularly so you can get excited for them. The way the scanlation is so inconsistent in its release schedule makes things so much worse. Plus, it's annoying to not be able to talk about everything that's going to happen in the six chapters that they've fallen behind.

As for Koro-sensei and the end of the world, I seem to be the only one who thinks this, but I believe that as his power keeps increases, he's eventually heading to a point where he'll lose control and have a meltdown. Not his choice, but not something he can do anything about.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Montegoraon posted:

As for Koro-sensei and the end of the world, I seem to be the only one who thinks this, but I believe that as his power keeps increases, he's eventually heading to a point where he'll lose control and have a meltdown. Not his choice, but not something he can do anything about.

I was actually just going to post a theory to this effect. Basically that it isn't that he's willingly going to destroy the world, but he'll explode or something at that specific time and destroy the world. The only way to stop it is if he's dead. Presumably there's either some kind of safeguard in his body that keeps him from killing himself, or he just can't think of any way to actually do it. Or hell, just can't bring himself to do it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Fling himself into the sun.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Captain Invictus posted:

Fling himself into the sun.
That's probably what happened to the moon and he realize he would destroy the sun too.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Fling himself into oooooouteeeeerrrrrr spaaaaaaace

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
New Chapter

Class E is the best :3:

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

With the witch's chloroform, peace was at hand. :golfclap: good job, teaching kids the wonders of incapacitating techniques.

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013
Oh, hey, look. Nagisa has a new admirer, and she's female this time. Too bad she's four years younger than him. Although she looks much younger than that...

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Stay classy, Class E, stay classy.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
Learn English with Assassination Classroom

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Lmao poor Nagisa

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

A Live Action adaptation?

:psyduck:

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013
Yes. A live action movie adaptation.

Also...

"this educational experience is aimed at college and graduate students,"

"Busy: Recently we're just too busy to kill our teacher"

"Okajima-kun's Erotic English Vocab."

There's something not quite right about this textbook. The English is mostly correct, though.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
New Chapter

Nagisa's kind of a lovely teacher :v:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
subtle

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Updated list of Korosensei's "weaknesses":

1. He lets his guard down when he tries to act cool.
2. He is surprisingly quick to panic.
3. He is petty.
4. His punches are weak.
5. He can't resist boobs.
6. He is humble and subservient to his superiors.
7. He has no patience for wire puzzles.
8. He gets motion sickness.
9. He can't sleep on a pillow other than his own.
10. He worries about appearances.
11. He can't handle hot food.
12. His head swells up to 33% larger when he gets wet.
13. He craves juicy gossip.
14. Hackneyed plot developments make him cry.
15. He gets taken in by rumors.
16. The time right after molting.
17. The time right after regeneration.
18. His body goes rigid when bathed in a special beam of light.
19. When he returns to normal after a serious situation, he gets embarrassed.
20. He can only draw simple pictures.
21. He's susceptible to heat fatigue.
22. He's very strict about poolside manner.
23. He can't swim.
24. He gives up on his dreams easily.
25. He is weak against the occult.
26. If he can't gather people, he feels worthless.
27. Tone-deafness.
28. He sucks at hiding.
29. Gets carried away by official positions.
30. Heart.
31. Not related but acts like a doting parent.
32. Gets insurance to avoid getting hurt.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kinda weird they waited so long to give the group marketable anime super-costumes.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ImpAtom posted:

Kinda weird they waited so long to give the group marketable anime super-costumes.

I guess it coincided with them getting an anime.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

New Chapter

I feel like the author is trying to rib the editors at page 12 :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Looks like everyone got their shounen power up just in time.

• Locked thread