Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Chekans 3 16 posted:

I will personally fly you around for your inaugural next-gen Firestorm tour. :patriot:

And I'll be happy to provide the fire.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=735568043169757

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Manatee Cannon posted:

Eh, I'd rather have people to play with for a game like Battlefield. I plan on getting a PS4 when I have the money and BF4 with it, then probably get Hardline on PC for when I feel like playing with a mouse. If I never planned on playing on console again I wouldn't post in this thread, but until then I'll just stick to playing BF4 at a friend's house occasionally and BF3 at my own.

Skyrim multiplayer sounds awful and I don't know why you would want that.

I post more because I might get one in the future, not BF4, but maybe further down the line and I love my xbros and a lot of the posters in this thread. I just want to keep in touch and a lot of our experiences are pretty comparable now with player counts being the same.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

I signed up on the goon site.

You left the platform dropdown set to PC, and there's no PC player with the name you gave. I'm guessing since you're posting here that you're actually playing on one of the four consoles. Could you please let me know which one? Thanks, and welcome.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Beelzebozo posted:

You left the platform dropdown set to PC, and there's no PC player with the name you gave. I'm guessing since you're posting here that you're actually playing on one of the four consoles. Could you please let me know which one? Thanks, and welcome.

Waited for Beelz meltdown, left disappointed. :sigh:

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

thenicko33 posted:

Tanking 101, never push for contested flags with little to no infantry support.

The man speaks truth. If a flag you're capping solo stops capping or starts reversing and you can't tell where the baddies are hiding, get your armor out of there.

There's no point in dying on a flag you can't cap. The enemy team will move on 1-2 minutes after they re-cap, go back and contest the flag then.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Finding people hiding on points and defibbing them is the best part of the game.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Yesterday was fun when I just hopped into an AA on a whim at the start of a round and went like 20-1 or something just shooting down the ac130. normally don;t do that but it was making me giggle every time the thing blew up and 3 people would die.

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol

Beelzebozo posted:

PS4. Great way to start off (could've sworn I'd set it...)

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

PS4. Great way to start off (could've sworn I'd set it...)

No problem. You're on there now. Enjoy the site and the community.

tehinternet posted:

Waited for Beelz meltdown, left disappointed. :sigh:

He tried. All I want is effort.

Laminar
Dec 11, 2006

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Yesterday was fun when I just hopped into an AA on a whim at the start of a round and went like 20-1 or something just shooting down the ac130. normally don;t do that but it was making me giggle every time the thing blew up and 3 people would die.

The most fun. Let the enemy have the ac130 flag, then murder them everytime they spawn into it.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Laminar posted:

The most fun. Let the enemy have the ac130 flag, then murder them everytime they spawn into it.

You can get way more kills just using the AA gun as ground armor.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Yeah, toss the zunis on it and as long as you avoid direct confrontations you can do a lot of damage.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
BUTT Clan is now an official BF4 platoon, bad players only. Please include an example of how much you suck when you submit your application.

Have an MLG dub step montage showing how bad we are. Check those sick 360 no-scope transitions brah!
BUTT Clan Sux
I'm not really sure what happens in this clip. I got a roadkill but nobody is there. Either an enemy just spawned in right as I drove by or ghosts are the secret fifth class.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

I have the next few hours free. Gonna hop on and shoot all the things. Come join me, XBoneBros! I'm so lonely. :(

e: blarg, I remember why I don't play this alone very often.

10 Beers fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Aug 7, 2014

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

10 Beers posted:

I have the next few hours free. Gonna hop on and shoot all the things. Come join me, XBoneBros! I'm so lonely. :(

Get a first shift job

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

thenicko33 posted:

holy poo poo the gunship is so drat irritating. 31-2 in a tank playing solo (oh god I never want to play this game solo again), only two deaths were from gunship.

it's so drat stupid how the commander can insta-respawn it the moment it dies. didn't help that I was an hvt about a 1/4 of the round.

Use the tank to capture the point giving the AC130 to the enemy commander.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Yeah, with Zunis the AA will kill any vehicle outside of a tank and you can beat tanks, you just have to have great situational awareness... which is why they're always in the spawn, protecting... the spawn.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

tehinternet posted:

Yeah, with Zunis the AA will kill any vehicle outside of a tank and you can beat tanks, you just have to have great situational awareness... which is why they're always in the spawn, protecting... the spawn.

They are providing a very important function by making sure no helicopters get behind their lines while their team holds no points and the auto-AA clears up far more air vehicles than they do.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Beelzebozo posted:

Get a first shift job

Dammit, I'm tryin, man!

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

tehinternet posted:

I've put over 200 hours into this game and I still don't have Zunis unlocked for the AA, because everyone just loving camps with them and never dies so they never respawn. There's never any opportunity to actually drive one. :mad:

Fake edit: I got an AA ribbon a few nights ago. It was my second ever.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

tehinternet posted:

The number of people who don't know how to check the big minimap in this game is insane. I'm looking at that thing at least 2-3 times a minute.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

The number of people who don't know how to check the big minimap in this game is insane. I'm looking at that thing at least 2-3 times a minute.

But I need to see my scores, its much more important than knowing about the tank column rolling at me :downs:

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

10 Beers posted:

Connection issues were all on my end. I'm sharing wifis with the girl next door and it doesn't seem to be working as well as intended.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Beastie posted:

Connection issues were all on my end. I'm sharing wifis with the girl next door and it doesn't seem to be working as well as intended.

No problem, buddy. There's always other times!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

tehinternet posted:

I post more because I might get one in the future, not BF4, but maybe further down the line and I love my xbros and a lot of the posters in this thread. I just want to keep in touch and a lot of our experiences are pretty comparable now with player counts being the same.

It makes sense to skip BF4 on console if you already have it on PC. I just don't, and I'm not spending $200 on this game+premium twice. Hopefully by the time I can afford it they have a premium version of the game with everything packed in like they did with BF3.

Chekans 3 16 posted:

I will personally fly you around for your inaugural next-gen Firestorm tour. :patriot:

I need an adult. :gonk:

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
Random question regarding weapon balances,etc.

As mentioned before I play mainly support. I like the idea of picking a spot to cover and shooting the mans that come in it. That being said, me shooting in controlled bursts seem to suck and I don't kill a loving thing. Now I'd like to think I am aiming center mass, adjusting for recoil and all but still I get two bursts off and then I get killed by some Engineer with an MP5 with 2 HP left.

Do I suck or is there some nuance to the guns I am missing ?

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

As mentioned before I play mainly support. I like the idea of picking a spot to cover and shooting the mans that come in it. That being said, me shooting in controlled bursts seem to suck and I don't kill a loving thing. Now I'd like to think I am aiming center mass, adjusting for recoil and all but still I get two bursts off and then I get killed by some Engineer with an MP5 with 2 HP left.

It depends on the weapon, some of the LMGs can be annoyingly hard to use at range, especially if you're moving. If you're still trying to figure recoil management in this game, start easy. Use the LSAT with a stubby grip and kill everything that comes into your line of sight.

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol

keyboard vomit posted:

It depends on the weapon, some of the LMGs can be annoyingly hard to use at range, especially if you're moving. If you're still trying to figure recoil management in this game, start easy. Use the LSAT with a stubby grip and kill everything that comes into your line of sight.

Ill try that combo out, thanks. I don't move and shoot with LMGs, I get that they are supposed to be stationary/fixed for the most part.

DehatstyTopinbout
Dec 28, 2004

C4
is the motherfucking answer
I was bipoded up with a 249 laying down steady suppressing fire the other night and I still had recons walk directly into my hail of bullets only to one shot me with DMRs and poo poo then walk away with like 5 health so YMMV. I'm somehow terrible at this game even though I spent forever in BF3 and I only just got back in cause of the premium sale. I pretty much just roll with the AK5C for everything but assault. v:v:v

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Lazyfire posted:

They are providing a very important function by making sure no helicopters get behind their lines while their team holds no points and the auto-AA clears up far more air vehicles than they do.

I wish you got a kill credit for spotting air vehicles that get chewed up by the spawn AA.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

keyboard vomit posted:

The trick with lmg's is figuring out what sort of range you, personally, can be effective with. For example, I pretty much tear it up with the AWS up to about 100 meters, but beyond that I don't expect to get many kills. If I'm 150 meters or more from the bad guys, I'll just use the ucav or take potshots for suppression to support my squadmates.

I suppose I should add that I'm an AWS whore according to the stats site, and :HUMBLEBRAG: I'm number one on consoles with that gun by kill count.

Support is really fun if you can get used to playing with a really huge mag assault rifle. I play really aggressively as support, which is probably why my k/d is still below 1 with 280 hours in the game.

Join BUTT clan if you want to have the supreme PS4ce experience.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

It makes sense to skip BF4 on console if you already have it on PC. I just don't, and I'm not spending $200 on this game+premium twice. Hopefully by the time I can afford it they have a premium version of the game with everything packed in like they did with BF3.

I need an adult. :gonk:

There's a free week-long trial of BF4 on origin, I'm not sure if that's a week of actual game time, or just a week to play as much as possible. Either way the trial only starts the first time you start the game up.

Come see how awful Locker is. :getin:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

That sounds like a really bad idea. I'm in.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Chalupa Joe posted:

There's a free week-long trial of BF4 on origin, I'm not sure if that's a week of actual game time, or just a week to play as much as possible. Either way the trial only starts the first time you start the game up.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the free week trial lets you play it for a week and not up to 168 hours. Just call it a hunch.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Even if I was playing an absurd amount of the game, 168 hours would still be at least 2-3 months. That'd be a pretty crazy thing to offer for free, though I certainly wouldn't complain if that turns out to be the case (it won't).

edit: ugh it's like $50 for the game and premium. I'm already downloading the trial, and that download was a big part of why I avoided buying it so this is tempting.

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Aug 8, 2014

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

NESguerilla posted:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the free week trial lets you play it for a week and not up to 168 hours. Just call it a hunch.

It's straight up 168 hours.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Manatee Cannon posted:

Even if I was playing an absurd amount of the game, 168 hours would still be at least 2-3 months. That'd be a pretty crazy thing to offer for free, though I certainly wouldn't complain if that turns out to be the case (it won't).

edit: ugh it's like $50 for the game and premium. I'm already downloading the trial, and that download was a big part of why I avoided buying it so this is tempting.

Yeah, but, those 50 bucks get you, like, an eight of the way to your PS4! And your only friends. :colbert:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

That sounds suspiciously like not wasting my money on impulse.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

249 + silencer. You can open up full auto and absolutely murder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

249 + silencer. You can open up full auto and absolutely murder.

And don't forget the 200 round mag :getin:

They don't call it the SAW for nothing. Squad Assault Weapon, but you can also cut people in half like a loving light saber at close range

• Locked thread