Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
That part of the road is apparently a bridge. Here's another angle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HP Artsandcrafts
Oct 3, 2012

Some schadenfreude close to home. Missouri Baptist conference center CEO arrested for soliciting dog sex on Craigslist.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

quote:

One of the animals he sought was a dog. Perkins declined to say what other type of animal Hill sought.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

He'll be fine. He'll get up in front of his congregation and do a weepy Jim Bakker, they'll forgive him, and he'll be back to passing judgment on the behavior of others in no time.

Varjon
Oct 9, 2012

Comrades, I am discover LSD!

That day I log on to somethingawful and see my home newspaper linked in the schadenfreude thread

The schadenfreude is on me for living here

Vindolanda
Feb 13, 2012

It's just like him too, y'know?

thespaceinvader posted:

How... what... how did... what... how?!

Here's a nice synopsis

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

Varjon posted:

That day I log on to somethingawful and see my home newspaper linked in the schadenfreude thread

The schadenfreude is on me for living here

Also the alarmed dog picture that is your avatar.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Neurion posted:

Although it looks kind of like a photoshop to me, it looks like there's a deep expanse under the road, and that truck landed on a support structure :stare: I want to know what's under there.

It's in the thread's title.

codespace
May 3, 2011

Neurion posted:

Although it looks kind of like a photoshop to me, it looks like there's a deep expanse under the road, and that truck landed on a support structure :stare: I want to know what's under there.

If I had to guess, I'd say a subway tunnel. That looks like NYC to me; top-left corner looks a lot like Co-op City.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I love it when major organizations utterly fail at social media, so here's the Associated Press starting a trend when it tweeted this

quote:

MORE: Suburban Detroit homeowner convicted of second-degree murder for killing woman who showed up drunk on porch: http://t.co/parUipYRxw

The reaction from the Internet was pretty good: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/07/black-twitter-renisha-mcbride-apheadlines_n_5659801.html?utm_hp_ref=black-voices

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

:3:

Catts
Nov 3, 2011
Not sure if this belongs here, but enjoy

https://twitter.com/DennysDiner/status/489418044725530626

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

mobby_6kl posted:

From the "what the gently caress did you think was going to happen" department:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh8VM-nfPo8

Yeah man that single row of jersey barriers will stop the bus if it jumps the barrier.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

This one's even better with sound:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ePFayh8W18

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

That moment when he turns around and sees the ray coming right at him ready to Irwin him :allears:

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

From imgur: "It's Tough Being Pretty"

More, including some this thread has seen before, at http://imgur.com/gallery/Yt3PK

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Riskier than initially expected

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
With as many face plants as that gallery has, I don't think all of em have to worry about being pretty anymore.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

Some utterly amazing sporting schadenfreude for y'all.

Scottish champions Celtic football club played Legia Warsaw in the 2nd qualifying round of the Champions League, the premier European competition - the ultimate goal of your big-money clubs such as Manchester United, Bayern Munich and Real Madrid. Over the past fortnight the ex-Rangers (Celtic's old Glasgow rivals) player and manager of Legia Warsaw, Henning Berg, led his team to a comfortable win, with a 4-1 scoreline in Warsaw and 2-0 in Scotland this Wednesday providing them with a massive 6-1 aggregate victory...

...and then a UEFA official at the game in Edinburgh noticed that a late 88th minute substitute, defender Bartosz Bereszynski should still have been serving his 3-match ban for violent conduct against Warsaw's opponents in the previous round (St. Pat's from the Irish Republic). Long story short, Legia have been punished for fielding a suspended player by having their victory in that game nullified and Celtic were awarded a default 3-0 victory, with the aggregate score now 4-4 & Celtic are through due to the away-goal rule (Callum McGregor's early strike in Poland proving the only actual winning goal of the round) & this morning were drawn against Maribor of Slovenia in the 3rd qualifying round. If they beat Maribor they will gain around £18 million in their Champions League group stage campaign.

Mainstream & social media over here has blown up, here's the Warsaw manager being interviewed by SkySports. His team was drawn against Aktobe of Khazikstan in the secondary European competition the Europa League.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11787/9412717/champions-league-legia-warsaw-coach-henning-berg-says-club-plan-uefa-appeal

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

BrianBoitano posted:

More, including some this thread has seen before, at http://imgur.com/gallery/Yt3PK

Nice save.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Gorilla Salad posted:

That moment when he turns around and sees the ray coming right at him ready to Irwin him :allears:

Looks like the shadow of a kite actually.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Kites are birds, silly.

Don't ruin it for me :argh:

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

-Zydeco- posted:

Looks like the shadow of a kite actually.
Sorry about your immersion Salad, but this is what I was thinking too. v:shobon:v It moves really weirdly to the side, something I doubt rays can do.

Here's some classic stingray schadenfreude to make it up to you.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BisonDollah posted:

This is extra beautiful because Legia are creepy Nazis, while Celtic is very left-wing :allears:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

BisonDollah posted:

Scottish champions Celtic football club played Legia Warsaw in the 2nd qualifying round of the Champions League, the premier European competition - the ultimate goal of your big-money clubs such as Manchester United, Bayern Munich and Real Madrid. Over the past fortnight the ex-Rangers (Celtic's old Glasgow rivals) player and manager of Legia Warsaw, Henning Berg, led his team to a comfortable win, with a 4-1 scoreline in Warsaw and 2-0 in Scotland this Wednesday providing them with a massive 6-1 aggregate victory...

...and then a UEFA official at the game in Edinburgh noticed that a late 88th minute substitute, defender Bartosz Bereszynski should still have been serving his 3-match ban for violent conduct against Warsaw's opponents in the previous round (St. Pat's from the Irish Republic). Long story short, Legia have been punished for fielding a suspended player by having their victory in that game nullified and Celtic were awarded a default 3-0 victory, with the aggregate score now 4-4 & Celtic are through due to the away-goal rule (Callum McGregor's early strike in Poland proving the only actual winning goal of the round) & this morning were drawn against Maribor of Slovenia in the 3rd qualifying round. If they beat Maribor they will gain around £18 million in their Champions League group stage campaign.

Mainstream & social media over here has blown up, here's the Warsaw manager being interviewed by SkySports. His team was drawn against Aktobe of Khazikstan in the secondary European competition the Europa League.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11787/9412717/champions-league-legia-warsaw-coach-henning-berg-says-club-plan-uefa-appeal

and Europeans say American Football is complicated...

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

kinmik posted:

Sorry about your immersion Salad, but this is what I was thinking too. v:shobon:v It moves really weirdly to the side, something I doubt rays can do.

Here's some classic stingray schadenfreude to make it up to you.

There is a guy behind the ray who is holding it up. It's staged.

edit: The schadenfreude is that I ruin your schadenfreude.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Oh well, I suppose I'll have to content myself with a dead Steve Irwin for my raydenfreude.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

And More posted:

edit: The schadenfreude is that I ruin your schadenfreude.

Alas, if only the Stingray had not had a helper, then we could feel schadenfreude at them freaking out.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

kinmik posted:

The video managed to eke out a little schadenfreude for us anyway when a local channel's news service completely fell for it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY7zui6OPGU

Note that you can see the kite's string at the bottom of the video several times.

And More posted:

Here's a video. The guides quite often place the rays on the tourists for photo ops but they'll also swim up and slobber all over people on their own. They're like big flat rubbery goofy puppies.

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 18:28 on Aug 8, 2014

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

What a moron.

Dogs can't use Craigslist.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

For further Schadenfreude, Tosh.0 got a hold of her.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Dogs can't use Craigslist.
Umm... can't find anything in their terms of service about that one way or the other, dude.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

That's it, the universe is about to implode.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

why would she move forward...

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

nerdz posted:

That's it, the universe is about to implode.

Nah, she moves forward into its path.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

w00tmonger posted:

why would she move forward...

She was leaning back to hold the pendulum, shifted forward after releasing it, and didn't realize it. Her feet didn't move at all.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

There's a video going around lately of a physics professor who does that trick and stands with his back pressed tight against a wall. Guess I know why now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

My Lovely Horse posted:

There's a video going around lately of a physics professor who does that trick and stands with his back pressed tight against a wall. Guess I know why now.
Exactly. Walter Lewin is a classroom hero for reasons.

• Locked thread