Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

The other day someone on my facebook posted about all the feels she got from final fantasy 2 (yes she really didn't even use the roman numeral wtf). I had to explain to her that the true name of that game was final fantasy III and that the name was just changed outside of japan because they wanted to dumb it down for the american audiences by making the numbers smaller so they'd be able to fit in stupid brains like hers. Needless to say, she did not take kindly to this. No pics because I don't own a computer but I wanted to share this story with you friends asap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

Lottery of Babylon posted:

The other day someone on my facebook posted about all the feels she got from final fantasy 2 (yes she really didn't even use the roman numeral wtf). I had to explain to her that the true name of that game was final fantasy III and that the name was just changed outside of japan because they wanted to dumb it down for the american audiences by making the numbers smaller so they'd be able to fit in stupid brains like hers. Needless to say, she did not take kindly to this. No pics because I don't own a computer but I wanted to share this story with you friends asap.

Final Fantasy II (US) is Final Fantasy IV (JP) though. Or is that the joke and this post intentionally left awful?

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Slickdrac posted:

Final Fantasy II (US) is Final Fantasy IV (JP) though. Or is that the joke and this post intentionally left awful?

Whoooosh

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
:downs: Had that appeared on the last page, it all would have been so obvious. Perfectly sniped.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Hi. A question for Miss Bellamy. In episode 2F09 when Itchy plays Scratchy's skeleton like a xylophone, he strikes the same rib twice in succession, yet he produces two clearly different tones. I mean, what are we to believe, that this is some sort of a magic xylophone or something? Boy, I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Nightmare Zone
Aug 3, 2014

Do you like sucking jalapenos?
Are there any more instances of people taking dril's tweets seriously? Because that is fantastic.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Slickdrac posted:

Wow.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!

Slickdrac posted:

And Kefka's real name is Cefca-san, please update your materials accordingly

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Good god, this just made my day.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Nothing makes an awesome tweet better than some jackasses not getting it at all.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
The two comments there sound like they'd be good @dril tweets too which just makes the whole thing surreal

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

This is pure art.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I want to become a skeleton soldier just to kick their asses.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Nothing makes an awesome tweet better than some jackasses not getting it at all.

Some jackasses? A hundred thousand idiots liked his sick burn on the dude making what's clearly a joke.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

kannonfodder posted:

Some jackasses? A hundred thousand idiots liked his sick burn on the dude making what's clearly a joke.

That number has got to be inflated by the people liking it for how completely stupid it is.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
Sometimes OKCupid really comes through. Ellipses mine.

quote:

FIRST THING, THIS STUPID THING WONT ACCEPT ANY OF MY PHOTOS. ALSO, WHY IS EVERYONE LYING ABOUT THEIR BODY?! NOW PAST HOW MUCH THIS WEBSITES SUCKS ALREADY...

. . . now I go to school for physics, and I am working towards my degree in law. . . . I'm very intelligent, it can take me 5-10 minutes to explain what happens in my head in a few seconds. I'm also very youthful . . . I'm the type who makes a lot of jokes, sometimes when I shouldn't. And I am very confident and well aware of my abilities.

I am results oriented, ambitious and set precedents. In a local of 3,500 people, I was the only apprentice to take a journeyman night course, while i was in college on the weekends and school during the week. I had to get special permission from a bunch of people, but I got to take the class I wanted. . . .

Its hard for me to find someone that i accept on an intellectual level. I have a lot to say, I'm 85% right (dont ask my gpa, it says 75% but it includes homework. ask my practice LSAT who says 148/180. I have not taken an IQ test yet but i will one day. I am curious to see the specific questions and methods they use) I have some allergies. I cant stand it how you cant go into a store with just shorts and sandals on. I hate spelling and capitalization. but dont worry, I wont forget to correct you if you misspeak lol XD

I'm looking form someone who is smart, can take a joke, and I want to say talks a lot, but if two people who talk a lot are together, who is listening? Perhaps someone who is patient, and can talk when i am breathing lol. Also, you should know I am good with words and numbers, so not minding if I cant keep my mouth shut during a movie about how the mathematics of the physics of a situation make no sense and it makes the whole movie stupid (lol somehow the whole movie) is a huge plus. Basically, in a nutshell, if you watch "Big Bang Theory", and your like "Oh I wouldn't mind dating Sheldon", than wash your hands and talk back to me! If not, please don't touch my stuff.

I think my favorite movie ever is Pain and Gain. It is a true inspiration, and a guide to how America, and the world, really works.

On a typical Friday night I am
not being typical

The most private thing I’m willing to admit
IM sick of a few things here on the internet with you ladies...

#1- your body type description (please look up BMI index for a proper description, BE HONEST! YOU MAKE IT AWKWARD WHEN YOU LIE BECAUSE WE WILL FIND OUT ENOUGH)

#2- Do not say you "love going to the gym" if you do not. Almost every fat person has that on their profile. No, you dont, thats why your fat. Just because you started going a few weeks, or maybe even months ago, does not mean you "love" it. it means your improving yourself trying to lose wieght in order to find a mate, and when you do find a mate, your motivation is gone, and you will stop. I work out ever day, I have for more than a year, and im not putting "i love the gym", because i dont. i hate the gym. a lot. i work out for myself. I like the way i look in the mirror. you know who loves going to the gym? bodybuilders. if you dont look like a bodybuilder, dont lie and say you like going to the gym. just stop, your not fooling anyone with an ounce of reason or logic, only yourself and idiots.

#3- how would you feel if we were at a table talking, and i just walked away without saying anything? what do you do 15 minutes later? you still sitting there? what about an hour? IF WE ARE TALKING, DONT JUST STOP MESSAGING. THATS RUDE. I DONT KNOW WHO YOU THINK YOU ARE, BUT I DESERVE TO KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON. I dont know if you died, are busy, or just not interested. you leave ME feeling awkward, because i dont know what is going on. for some reason people think because its the internet, they dont have to have manners anymore. im willing to bet your just as rude and ignorant in real life, thats why you dont think its rude.

ALSO: YOU LOOK LIKE YOUR PIX, AND YOU HAVE MANNERS.
IF YOUR JUST GOING TO STOP MESSAGING ME ONE DAY BECAUSE THE MAGIC 8 BALL SAID "ASK AGAIN LATER", GO AWAY AND BLOCK ME.

I doubt he'll e-mail me or whatever it is people can do when they see you're been looking at their page. But if he does maybe I will tell him that his profile looks like it was professionally written to make him look like an rear end in a top hat.

Damn Bananas
Jul 1, 2007

You humans bore me

:geno:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

:ironicat:

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.

trickybiscuits posted:

Sometimes OKCupid really comes through.

Zero Star has a new favorite as of 23:21 on Aug 7, 2014

CrowsNestMutineer
Mar 9, 2009

* Juciano makes the best damned Caesar dressing I've ever tasted in my life.

Hedera Helix posted:

And Kefka's real name is Cefca-san, please update your materials accordingly

Actually, it's spelled ケフカ・パラッツォ, you ignorant poser. :japan:

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

:thejoke:

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

:haw:

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

No way he didn't fulfill 4 on his way to graduating middle school.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

That number has got to be inflated by the people liking it for how completely stupid it is.

True, but knowing how things get shared by morons on facebook, probably 90% of those likes are genuine.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Thanks for the incredibly appropriate response to the death of a young man, Connie.

(Chinaman's Peak was renamed to Ha Ling Peak a number of years ago after the first person to succesfully climb it, a Chinese rail worker)

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.

What the hell is up with Natasha Jones's incredible over reaction? Did that post really make her that angry??

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
I finally got the first Target post on my feed. I'm sure there will be more.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

casual poster posted:

What the hell is up with Natasha Jones's incredible over reaction? Did that post really make her that angry??

Grandma's tombstone says BORN TO DIE rather than REST IN PEACE.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

casual poster posted:

The skeleton war is a far more terrible and brutal conflict than we imagine. It's not a joking matter.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Gimnbo posted:

The skeleton war is a far more terrible and brutal conflict than we imagine. It's not a joking matter.

You die fighting the skeletons or live long enough to become one.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
I figured out what the horrible scourge of feminism was missing.

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

This is indeed a disturbing universe.

Kraps posted:

I figured out what the horrible scourge of feminism was missing.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

My god, I-I might know this person :stare:

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
Fulfill his desire #4

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I'm looking form someone who is smart

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Macaluso posted:

It's funny how angry it's making nerds though. The "I loving love science" facebook page (that's verified for some reason?) posted it today and the comments are pretty funny.

Like this nerd:

quote:

Yeah , there's other names for nerds:
● Boss
●CEO
● engineer
● millionaire
● billionaire
● Doctor
● scientist

Bosses, CEOs, millionaires and billionaires aren't usually nerds. They're usually people born into wealth or who were otherwise not nerds in their formative years. Good job I loving love science, yet another thing you get wrong or misreport.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Bosses, CEO and so on need sales and management skills, not technical skills. That's always been the main issue with the "The geeks will inherit the Earth" fallacy.

Try explaining that to your average militant STEM major though, it'll get real funny real fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
Yeah, I do statistical analysis and our whole floor is full of nerds, and a big part of our job is explaining the maths in non-technical terms and recommending strategies to the bosses and execs, who don't really have much to do with STEM subjects at all beyond maybe knowing a bit of finance or economics. Those guys do things like managing media appearances and overseeing and managing all the different divisions, without having to understand each and every one in a lot of depth at all.

• Locked thread