Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Xelkelvos posted:

Watch Samurai Jack. Replace all of the black robot fluids with red fluids (maybe blood colored). Be amazed at the gore.
Samurai Jack instead had one of its final episodes focus on how those seemingly mindless robots actually have personalities, hopes, and dreams. And some of them are actually good people who are more or less in the same position as Jack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
This is a really good show and it has one of my favorite themes of any cartoon so I decided to arrange it. It's a bit spookier, I guess. I liked how it turned out, in any case.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
why would you put a flanger filter on a drum beat that doesn't even make sense

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Suspicious Dish posted:

why would you put a flanger filter on a drum beat that doesn't even make sense

I did it on the wrong track but liked how it sounded so I kept it.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

This is a really good show and it has one of my favorite themes of any cartoon so I decided to arrange it. It's a bit spookier, I guess. I liked how it turned out, in any case.

I liked it, but I dunno about spookier. More like Dipper and Mabel take a ride on the Jungle Cruise at Disney World :v:

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

your birdsona is a qt :mrgw:

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

I did it on the wrong track but liked how it sounded so I kept it.

it sounds like i'm in a sewer and my really annoying neighbor keeps on drumming

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Thanks for linking us to your radical tumblr forums user "19/m/bi/cis".

e: sorry "19/m/bi/cis/furry"

Four Score fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Aug 8, 2014

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
also i'm not going to paste it or helldump it or anything because i'm a nice guy but i really recommend clicking the About page link on this guy's tumblr and reading it.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I liked it.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

I liked it, nice work.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Just watched the premier. That was...intense. The episodes were so lore heavy that it kind of turned into a really well done kid-friendlier mash-up of X Files and Twin Peaks, which made me realize that I also prefer this show when it's doing more aimless funny stuff to balance it all out. But we'll be getting plenty of that soon enough.

I still can't believe they ended the Dipper/Wendy thing. This is probably just because I grew up watching shows that just never, ever resolved crush drama because there was zero continuity and it was neverendingly milkable for humor (see: Hey Arnold!, which took it so far that the show sent the character with the crush to a child psychiatrist for an episode). But I was shocked to see characters actually resolve their weirdness after it was one of Dipper's defining characteristics for an entire season. Thank God that's over, and that Wendy finally got her moment in the spotlight.

This season is already taking everything to a whole new level, and I can't wait to see where it's going.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I heard more than one people say that between this show, Adventure Time, Wander over Yonder and Steve Universe we're living in a new golden age for cartoons. I would be inclined to agree; what about you?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I would be inclined to agree just from this and AT alone. Stevie Universe still has pretty mediocre storytelling despite the amazing visuals/music and I have no idea what Wander Over Yonder is

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Suspicious Dish posted:

also i'm not going to paste it or helldump it or anything because i'm a nice guy but i really recommend clicking the About page link on this guy's tumblr and reading it.

Yeeeeeeeeeeah. How did someone with a reg date of 2009 think it was a good idea to post his Tumblr here?

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

BigRed0427 posted:

And for a video game, I'm hoping to a Telltale games point and click adventure.

This would be a great thing since Telltale does some drat fine work, especially as of late. Not gonna get my hopes up though.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

BigRed0427 posted:

And for a video game, I'm hoping to a Telltale games point and click adventure.

I'll take that or a world in kingdom hearts based on the show.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Yeeeeeeeeeeah. How did someone with a reg date of 2009 think it was a good idea to post his Tumblr here?

Well, usually the threads for popular media are chill compared to the rest of the forums.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
What does it mean that he owns a lot of dragon dicks? I'm confused by this.

The arrangement of the theme was nice, though.

edit: VVVVV WHYYYYYY THE gently caress DID I GOOGLE THAT

Escobarbarian fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Aug 8, 2014

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

I assume it's pretty literal, google bad dragon if you're really curious. This is a pretty poo poo derail though and I vote we pretend this never happened.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Chard posted:

This is a pretty poo poo derail though and I vote we pretend this never happened.

Second.

Wind God Sety
Sep 2, 2011

"I think you really should be in the ocean..."

So that's what I been doing wrong!

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Maybe he wanted to share something cool he made and didn't think people would be asses about.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
It's not even a good remix.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

It's almost as if people can have weird interests and even fetishes and still be functional, non-creepy human beings!
Isn't that something.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
New episode on the 11th! Seems like it'll be a lot less crazy than the last two and it's a Pacifica episode. Wonder if we'll see Grenda's lizard and Pacifica's no-name friend's earring together.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

The audacity of this guy, having a tumblr and posting his creative efforts on it.

Anyway I fell off GF for a while and got caught up recently and I'm hyped for the show all over again.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Suspicious Dish posted:

Oh, it's still legal. Very legal.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Maybe this will help change the topic, as two of my favorite shows meet up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALcQh2HqKT4

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Is there anything left on the planet that hasn't had a Doctor Who mashup done on it?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That looks more like My Little Pony style flash stuff, than Gravity Falls.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
It's definitely Gravity Falls, it riffs on the structure of the opening sequence. The animation style doesn't really match but the intent is clear.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
So much effort was probably put into this little animation... Yet the music sounds nothing like the Doctor Who theme, Capaldi doesn't look himself either.

I hate lousy mash-ups that just mix two popular things with no regards to how similar they are. Even when they are well-crafted, it's still absolutely shallow.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Paladinus posted:

So much effort was probably put into this little animation... Yet the music sounds nothing like the Doctor Who theme, Capaldi doesn't look himself either.

I hate lousy mash-ups that just mix two popular things with no regards to how similar they are. Even when they are well-crafted, it's still absolutely shallow.

Yeah, same. And every day seems to spawn more of them than the last.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Speaking of mash ups, here's some dumb thing I made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKtIC_3sr40

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Paladinus posted:

They're the new (only slightly) less terrible AMVs

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

CelticPredator posted:

Speaking of mash ups, here's some dumb thing I made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKtIC_3sr40

Hahaha nicely done.

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!
Gravity Falls: Your Fighting Only Makes Us Look More Rad!

I LOVED these episodes (in contrast to some of you) and while I did feel like there were more cameos than necessary (the Pool Guy? Really?) they all worked for great gags. Remember, with kids, they are bombarded with TV, games, and mobile devices almost daily so they would probably need a refresher after a year without Gravity Falls (assuming they don't look up the shorts then in this case ignore me).

I also felt that the Zombies were an excuse to:

A. Get them out of the way (this show foreshadowed a Zombie plot in the pilot)

B. Have something relatively easy to destroy but also a difficult challenge to overcome (their horde size and their infecting properties. Poor Soos)

C. Have Grunkle Stan show some more of his fighting prowess (making continuity regarding his boxing past as well as cleaning up the "Grunkle Stan knows nothing so let's not involve him in our mysteries" plots. Here's hoping Stan gets involved in more plots (Land Before Swine was one of my favorite episodes BECAUSE Grunkle Stan was involved. My friend summed up the Pterodactyl-Punching scene as the REASON to watch this show "An old man punching a pterodactyl"))

I actually liked the karaoke song in the end of the episode. This show needs more original music. I find it great that the Zombies are killed by something mundane, and the blacklight twist was brilliant and I didn't see it coming (really. Sorry if I'm not a MENSA person like you guys ;) ). We'll probably get to the magnifying glass in Season 3 (2019, anyone?).

I don't know if I liked Soos being zombified (he was funny, and that cut the tension; when the funny guy goes down it should be LESS funny, guys, not more...) but it showed that the stakes for this show ramped up between seasons. No one is safe, especially in the next episode...

"Into the Bunker" was a good episode. While the leaked pic spoiled the reveal of "F", I'm actually glad they're going through with it. I'll probably show this to my kids and disable the internet while I'm at it. I thought the "breakup" between Wendy and Dipper was done extremely maturely and it sets an example for kids. Mark Hamill was a great, albeit short cameo (I never understood why Kevin Michael Richardson took over for the true form but, eh). This show needs more guest stars. The Dipper-Mabel fusion will give many nightmares to people of all ages, and I am glad that they have gone this far and continue to push the fear envelope towards the nightmare abyss. The clone fight was awesome and the many cameos (Hide-Behind!!!) that the shapeshifter made was wonderful. May this show continue the continuity!!!

Overall I welcome with open arms the return of Gravity Falls and the many mysteries it has to offer.

Six seasons and a movie. You can do it, Alex.

- Zorg

P.S. Can someone help me make this Bill Cypher floating thing my avatar? Please? http://searchfortheblindeye.com/bill.gif

JesseHechtCREATIVE fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Aug 10, 2014

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Zorglorfian posted:

[...]

Six seasons and a movie. You can do it, Alex.

- Zorg

Look man, I like this kids' show as much as the next guy but Jesus loving Christ.

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!

Katana Gomai posted:

Look man, I like this kids' show as much as the next guy but Jesus loving Christ.

Mabel: "I'm joking!"

I'm just continuing the meme that people are spouting about certain shows. Please, have a chill pill.

I trust that Alex Hirsch has everything planned out so that it makes for a coherent plot no matter how many episodes, shorts, and maybe movies exist. As long as I get a Waddles plush. And a Bill Cypher plush.

JesseHechtCREATIVE fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Aug 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I think we're all sorry you're not a MENSA person.

- Zorg

P.S. Don't sign your posts.

• Locked thread