Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

SynthOrange posted:

Huh, I entered my moleman, but now it wont let me buy skills or gear saying that it's NOT in a tourney.

If it matters I created it before the tournament was open, then applied as soon as it was.

I did the same thing, and have 0 points and it says I can only buy stuff when registered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

SynthOrange posted:

Huh, I entered my moleman, but now it wont let me buy skills or gear saying that it's NOT in a tourney.

If it matters I created it before the tournament was open, then applied as soon as it was.

You receive the points once registration finishes. Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

Maybe I shouldn't have designed it that way, but it made some of the database code a little easier. I'll put that on the to-do list to change for future tournaments.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

SynthOrange posted:

I think JP has to hit the "START TOURNAMENT" button and then everyone gets points and all that.

efb

Reverence
Nov 1, 2009

quote:

I made a grandmaster ant woman with 4 shields and let her fight against a tigerman with proficient swords and fighting and armed with a two handed sword.

The ant woman bled to death due limb explosions resulting from punches.

edit: She blocked every single sword blow.

I did the same, they both passed out from exhaustion, but eventually the tiger man bled to death from a lucky bite so it's somewhat viable maybe?

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
what skill effects your ability to not get grabbed?

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Hmmm... Looks like Toady added a crit effect to bolts hitting unconscious targets. I put a human in full adamantine armor and let 20 crossbowmen shoot hit with iron bolts. They did absolutely nothing until a couple of them hit him in the lips and he fainted from pain. Suddenly, the bolts started breaking bones through the breastplate and the first one to hit the head brained him.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
Since it looks like people are already testing out potential builds, here is a link to the modded version of DF2014 that will be used for the tournament, which incorporates the Voxmod changes.

http://arenachallenge.com/dwarffort/df_40_06_arena.zip

King Cohort
Mar 14, 2010

Lord Pulver Ising Esq. the tiger man is ready to get killed in round 1 by a lucky crossbow shot to the spine!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

my dad posted:

Hmmm... Looks like Toady added a crit effect to bolts hitting unconscious targets. I put a human in full adamantine armor and let 20 crossbowmen shoot hit with iron bolts. They did absolutely nothing until a couple of them hit him in the lips and he fainted from pain. Suddenly, the bolts started breaking bones through the breastplate and the first one to hit the head brained him.

What a wussy man.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Jazzimus Prime posted:

Since it looks like people are already testing out potential builds, here is a link to the modded version of DF2014 that will be used for the tournament, which incorporates the Voxmod changes.

http://arenachallenge.com/dwarffort/df_40_06_arena.zip

I refuse to give in to such cowardice. As always, I'll be entering this tournament raw. :colbert:

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Gorbash the Minotaur will not be testing anything. He will charge into the arena with whatever points he randomly assigns to skills and equipment that sortof looks good at the time and be happy with it. Then he'll hope he gets to eat some gremlins raw.

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

my dad posted:

This is exactly how I imagine Mick Jagger will be taken out.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

My HEFi Compost Day will dispose of you in an environmentally friendly manner.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
The mini-tournament is 1/3 full. 32 spots left!

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.
As the sole goblin in this tournament (thus far), my client Willow Rawhide will take it upon herself to educate the lesser species on the intricacies of the goblin system of punishment. :whip:

(Whips are still stupidly overpowered, right? Right? :ohdear:)

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Here's hoping I can duplicate my success in the first tournament with Pulpy Van Winkle.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Ablative posted:

(Whips are still stupidly overpowered, right? Right? :ohdear:)

They're quite powerful, but the Voxmod changes did nerf them somewhat.

Incidentally, here are all of the Voxmod changes:

pre:
Weapons

Whip contact area increased to 35, velocity reduced to 3000.
Picks use misc obj skill.
Axe and great axe strike velocity increased from 1250 to 1500.
Reduced penetration depth of pick from 4000 to 3000, reduced velocity from 2000 to 1500.
Increased size (volume and mass) of maul from 1300 to 1500.
Contact area of axe hacking strike reduced from 40000 to 2000, slap reduced from 40000 to 10000, pommel strike from 100 to 80.
Contact area of short sword slash strike reduced from 20000 to 3500, slap reduced from 20000 to 5000, pommel strike from 100 to 80.
Spear shaft bash contact area reduced from 10000 to 2000.
Crossbow bash contact area reduced from 10000 to 350 (imagine using the solid butt instead of the entire unwieldy bow, makes sense).
Bow bash contact area reduced from 10000 to 600, velocity increased from 1250 to 1500.
Pike shaft bash contact area reduced from 10000 to 2500, stab contact area increased from 20 to 25, size increased from 800 to 900.
Halberd slashing strike contact area reduced from 20000 to 3500, shaft bash contact area reduced from 20000 to 5000.
Two-handed sword slash contact area reduced from 100000 (jeez) to 7000, slap contact area reduced from 100000 to 10000, pommel strike
contact reduced from 100 to 90.
Long sword slashing contact area reduced from 60000 to 5000, slap contact from 60000 to 7500, pommel strike contact from 100 to 80.
Great axe hacking contact area reduced from 60000 to 4000, slap contact from 60000 to 8000, pommel strike contact from 100 to 90.
Large dagger slashing contact area reduced from 1000 to 800, stabbing contact area increased from 5 to 8, stabbing penetration increased
from 1000 to 1200.
Scourge contact area increased from 10 to 50, penetration increased from 50 to 100, size decreased from 300 to 200.
War hammer contact area increased from 10 to 15.
Mace contact area increased from 20 to 25.
Bolt contact area increased from 2 to 4, penetration increased from 2000 to 2500.
Arrow contact area increased from 2 to 5, penetration increased from 2000 to 2500, size increased from 150 to 175.

Armor

Leather gloves now cover lower arms as well as hands.
Body mail reduced to 95% coverage to prevent deadlocks.  Breast plates, body leather armor, and most other armor still at 100%.
Caps increased from 50% to 75% coverage.
Helms reduced to 98% coverage.
Buckler blockchance increased from 10 to 12.  Shield remains at 20.

Creatures

Removed [SLOW_LEARNER] tag from trolls.
Gremlins receive agility++, toughness+, endurance+
Dark gnomes receive agility+, strength+
Stranglers get strength+++ (MASSIVE boost)
Serpent men given strength++, toughness++, endurance++, agility-
Soldier ant women get strength++, endurance++
Molemarians now have agility-, endurance+, recuperation+, and toughness++ (still have no nerves as well).
Tigermen at strength+, toughness+, agility-
Minotaurs now strength++, agility-
Trolls at strength+, toughness++, recuperation+, endurance-, agility--
Yetis set at agility--, endurance--, strength+
Dwarves given endurance+ in addition to previous stats.
Elves given toughness- in addition to previous stats.
Kobolds get to keep their already incredible stats, size increased from 20 to 25!
Goblins keep their good stats.
Humans keep their neutral stats.
Gremlin size increased from 10 to 12.
Dark gnome size increased from 15 to 18.
Tigermen increased in size from 120 to 130.
Minotaurs shrunk from 220 to 200.
Trolls shrunk from 250 to 230.
Yetis shrunk from 300 to 270.

Tissue

Bone pain receptors reduced from 50 to 15.
Bone vascular increased from 3 to 5.
Muscle pain receptors increased from 5 to 6.
Skin pain receptors increased from 5 to 6.
Lung pain receptors increased from 5 to 8.
Heart pain receptors increased from 5 to 8.
Liver, gut, stomach, pancreas, spleen, kidney pain receptors increased from 5 to 8.
Gut and stomach vascular increased from 3 to 5.
Eye pain receptors increased from 5 to 10, mostly to abstract an impact on battle-readiness due to partial blinding.
Chitin thickness increased from 1 to 2 (boost for ant women).
Scale thickness increased from 1 to 2 (boost for serpent men).

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Solid Poopsnake posted:

Here's hoping I can duplicate my success in the first tournament with Pulpy Van Winkle.

I can update your username on the site to avoid any confusion, if you like.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
Nutkicker the Dwarf has entered the fray!

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Jazzimus Prime posted:

I can update your username on the site to avoid any confusion, if you like.

If it's easier for you, go for it. I'm cool either way. I think my work will speak for itself. :colbert:

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Solid Poopsnake posted:

If it's easier for you, go for it. I'm cool either way. I think my work will speak for itself. :colbert:

Done. You will have to log in again, your password is unchanged.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Jazzimus Prime posted:

Done. You will have to log in again, your password is unchanged.

Done and done. Thanks.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
Almost half full now. 25 spots left!

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

An exemplar of goblin prowess, His excellency, Mayor of Nilbog, announces his intent to crush his foes in mortal combat.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I have no idea what I'm doing, but I guess that shouldn't be a problem!

Membership number 5447764.

And my dude will be Love, the Strangler.

Tunicate fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Aug 8, 2014

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Slithering up from the depths, the serpant man One-eyed Willie's spear is raised by the promise of violence and glory.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

my dad posted:

I've planned a gimmick that would be completely useless 1v1, but might actually be decent in a 3v3. Only one way to find out. :allears:

All points into discipline, right? Wait until the first guy dies, and the rest of them will be too horrified to fight.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Tunicate posted:

Your account is activated, you may create Love the Strangler and have him join the tournament now.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Tunicate posted:

Aside from posting the number in the wrong thread, you're doing about as well as I am.

Which isn't great, but hey, it's better than nothing!

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
I have submitted a minotaur with a subdued name, the better to not feel bad if he underperforms.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Tunicate posted:

All points into discipline, right? Wait until the first guy dies, and the rest of them will be too horrified to fight.

oh you son of a bitch

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Tunicate posted:

Arena Mode for DF2014 sets fighter morale to be off by default, and we'll be keeping it that way. While it might be hilarious the first time everyone runs away in terror at the first gruesome injury, that poo poo would get old pretty quick. :colbert:

Silverminnow
Feb 25, 2008
Shiniest fish in the sea!
Johnny Bravo has entered the fray!

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Moocules, great warrior, is eager to see how many limbs he can pulp.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

Let's see who feels the pain Ant Agonist is going to dish out!

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
Nibbles the kobold thought this was the line for free bread.

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help
I'm prepared for loads of necks exploding into gore (and being little more than slight inconveniences for the neckhavers).

(Cat Stevens is ready)

Boing fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Aug 8, 2014

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!
Sister Abigail reporting for combat.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Fast'n Loose, ready to fight hide. Survival gets extra points, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Holy gently caress I barely made it in.

Please let me smash Bad Munkis stupid face in.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Aug 8, 2014

• Locked thread