Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
#savemwoclans?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Fil5000 posted:

It's pretty great that they're doing something to correct the fact that clan poo poo is overpowered and they're getting grief for it.

Edit: http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/167224-erll-nerf-erppc-nerf-refund-on-clan-pack/page__view__findpost__p__3620683

hahahahaha "What do you mean I didn't pay to win, give me a refund!"

'This is degrading to the MechWarrior franchise and should be renamed to MechAssualt Online. '

:iceburn:

'and also have had some of the high competitive players look at it.'

Hahahahahaha, it's funny because they're both lying and dumb.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Are there even that many "high competitive players" left? I know there were groups that were a lot grognardier than ours, but lots of people seemed to disappear around the same time we did.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Nickiepoo posted:

The ones paying 50$ for overpowered mechs?

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Fat Samurai posted:

The ones paying 50$ for overpowered mechs?

AFAIK the league guys that are respectable? don't allow mechs in that aren't cbill variants.

I have no idea who pgi is talking about except the ngng guys who are utter poo poo.

Either way it seems this is just PGI going we got your (clan)money suck it dweebs and is why anyone in this thread says that playing abit to get your robit fix is OK, just never give those crazy motherfuckers money.

e: they will spend it on cocaine

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Oh Jesus the tears in that thread. Welcome back beta ppcs. Wasn't the ppc originally given a speed boost to compensate for the fact hit detection was poo poo?

Also more clan nerfs please, shits hilarious.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Thank loving god they didn't go with that convoluted rear end desync charging thing.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

The Gate posted:

Thank loving god they didn't go with that convoluted rear end desync charging thing.

Don't celebrate too quickly. I bet there's a good chance they'll say "see we tried it and it didn't make anything better, enjoy your desynch lol"

Or "oops we turned it on by accident but we like it this way so it's gonna stay forever lol" (which they've literally done before)

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Lemming posted:

Don't celebrate too quickly. I bet there's a good chance they'll say "see we tried it and it didn't make anything better, enjoy your desynch lol"

Or "oops we turned it on by accident but we like it this way so it's gonna stay forever lol" (which they've literally done before)

:smith:

Yeah, I know that that's both possible and likely, but I'm hoping that maybe their vanishing community (and source of income) made someone at PGI or IGP sit up and take notice finally. I dunno. At least Russ is pretending to pay attention, rather than just taunting his own playerbase? :v:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Galaga Galaxian posted:

The funny thing is, in the fluff even Omni mechs are not intended to be easily customizable by your average Mechwarrior and his techs.

I'm late to the party, but since I'm a huge BattleSperg I just have to point out that this is false.

Omnimechs have a computer system that is designed to adapt to the weapons installed and adjust its targeting parameters / balance calculations to compensate for changes to the machine's center of gravity, etc. as needed.

The reason Clanners tend to stick to the default loadouts is because the defaults are the best for the situation at hand they are just as lazy and prone to slipping into 'comfortable' habits as every other human who's ever lived, and tend to favor whatever common loadout they trained with for any given machine.

Clanners also tend to shuffle machines very frequently (they almost never have a single `Mech they pilot for their entire career (For example: Vlad Ward's favorite machine wasn't the Timber Wolf even though it's the one he piloted most frequently, he preferred to pilot an Adder). They're assigned machines from the star/trinary/cluster/galaxy pool as needed) so it doesn't really help if they have a perfect custom Timber Wolf variant if the Star Commander decides they're going to be piloting an Ice Ferret for the next two missions.

Vorenus posted:

Holy poo poo they just cut the PPC speed by ~60%

Oh look, they reverted the "Beta pre-netcode-improvements PPC projectile speed increase band-aid fix" like goons suggested over a year ago as a partial balance tool to keep PPC/Gauss from being OP? I don't see that lasting.

Paul doesn't believe in using the spreadsheets to balance things when he can write complex spaghetti code instead.

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

I think making clan mechs OP but making them fight 2v1 against IS would be pretty drat fun.

Wait, why the gently caress am I posting about this poo poo game?

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

PoptartsNinja posted:

I'm late to the party, but since I'm a huge BattleSperg I just have to point out that this is false.

Omnimechs have a computer system that is designed to adapt to the weapons installed and adjust its targeting parameters / balance calculations to compensate for changes to the machine's center of gravity, etc. as needed.

The reason Clanners tend to stick to the default loadouts is because the defaults are the best for the situation at hand they are just as lazy and prone to slipping into 'comfortable' habits as every other human who's ever lived, and tend to favor whatever common loadout they trained with for any given machine.

Clanners also tend to shuffle machines very frequently (they almost never have a single `Mech they pilot for their entire career (For example: Vlad Ward's favorite machine wasn't the Timber Wolf even though it's the one he piloted most frequently, he preferred to pilot an Adder). They're assigned machines from the star/trinary/cluster/galaxy pool as needed) so it doesn't really help if they have a perfect custom Timber Wolf variant if the Star Commander decides they're going to be piloting an Ice Ferret for the next two missions.

Oh look, they reverted the "Beta pre-netcode-improvements PPC projectile speed increase band-aid fix" like goons suggested over a year ago as a partial balance tool to keep PPC/Gauss from being OP? I don't see that lasting.

Paul doesn't believe in using the spreadsheets to balance things when he can write complex spaghetti code instead.

That's not true. Remember how he hosed the large pulse laser completely because it's ratios of damage to heat weren't in line with the other pulse lasers?

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
If they actually took metrics from loadouts, damage done, kills, deaths ect then maybe they'd have all the data they need to balance the game well.

Oh wait, they do but herp derp *fart*.

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM

Nickiepoo posted:

'This is degrading to the MechWarrior franchise and should be renamed to MechAssualt Online. '

:iceburn:

Hahahahahaha, it's funny because they're both lying and dumb.

It's really funny to see the completely open "I paid to be better than everyone else" commplaints.

Anyhow, the biggest problem with this game is and always will be the fact that lights and mediums are just checking the "I want to have LESS fun" box before queueing.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

oswald ownenstein posted:

It's really funny to see the completely open "I paid to be better than everyone else" commplaints.

Anyhow, the biggest problem with this game is and always will be the fact that lights and mediums are just checking the "I want to have LESS fun" box before queueing.

I remember the dark days of 8 man Atlas stacks vs. 8 man Atlas stacks. Goon groups would intentionally take smaller mechs to see if we could beat these stacks and then mock them relentlessly if we won.

Just remember that the Assault stacks got so bad that PGI had to force class restrictions on matchmaking and RHOD had to force class restrictions on matches because there was literally no upside to taking a smaller mech if you had the option between that or a heavy/assault. Role warfare my rear end. The only true role was doing as much damage as possible. Remember when ECM came out and it was possible to put it on an Atlas? Didn't they eventually remove that capability?

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM

Ice Fist posted:

I remember the dark days of 8 man Atlas stacks vs. 8 man Atlas stacks. Goon groups would intentionally take smaller mechs to see if we could beat these stacks and then mock them relentlessly if we won.

Just remember that the Assault stacks got so bad that PGI had to force class restrictions on matchmaking and RHOD had to force class restrictions on matches because there was literally no upside to taking a smaller mech if you had the option between that or a heavy/assault. Role warfare my rear end. The only true role was doing as much damage as possible. Remember when ECM came out and it was possible to put it on an Atlas? Didn't they eventually remove that capability?

Haha nope there is still an ECM atlas.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Haha nope there is still an ECM atlas.

~ROLE WARFARE~

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
I've lucked into the IS verus clan matches a few times, I guess they must test it when I normally play. I like to think I've done my part to help them balance by walking my atlas slowly walks towards the clan team with short range weapons and dying really fast.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Fil5000 posted:

That's not true. Remember how he hosed the large pulse laser completely because it's ratios of damage to heat weren't in line with the other pulse lasers?

That's not true either, remember that one time Goons pushed Paul over so much he got a concussion and nerfed Large Pulse Lasers?

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

The SRM Cent was pretty drat good until they nerfed/fixed SRM damage but not hit detection. Which is supposedly fixed now I think, so maybe it or the Shadowhawk could be fun again?

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Ice Fist posted:

~ROLE WARFARE~

And they have continually ECM since they introduced it. Hitting the light mechs that carry it a lot harder than the bigger mechs. The Raven 3L doesn't even get the extra module slot it used to get, despite the huge price jump for that particular model. They gave it to the 4X instead for.. ~reasons~

Mjilaeck
Jun 10, 2012

PoptartsNinja posted:

That's not true either, remember that one time Goons pushed Paul over so much he got a concussion and nerfed Large Pulse Lasers?

Remember when goons ruined the game for spergy role-players everyone?

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
ECM still seems pretty powerful though, since LRMs are pretty good again. TAG and NARC supporting an LRM team can swing games, so ECM cover preventing easy TAGing and general targeting is helpful. Plus the general use of shutting down streaks and denying snipers the ability to aim for opened sections as easily.

Mjilaeck
Jun 10, 2012

Or when they had hosed the matchmaking code so bad you could win the game by having everyone on your team run out of bounds and die?

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Mjilaeck posted:

Still not sorry we did that.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Fil5000 posted:

I think I remember another clan bullshit event we rudely interrupted (done on the summer version of that map) where a metal baby was utterly annihilated in the first second.

Edit: VVV Yeah, that's the infuriating thing. This game WAS fun and had a lot of promise. We were all seriously pumped about it. To see it all pissed away...just sad. :smith:

OAquinas fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Aug 8, 2014

RangerAce
Feb 25, 2014

Mjilaeck posted:

I could watch videos like that all day. Endless entertainment value.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

OAquinas posted:

I think I remember another clan bullshit event we rudely interrupted (done on the summer version of that map) where a metal baby was utterly annihilated in the first second.

KDR Squad ran into another clan group around the same time (I think before we did) and did the same thing. We did it because it was funny but it served to illustrate why they should have just put private matches into the damned game.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

The Gate posted:

The SRM Cent was pretty drat good until they nerfed/fixed SRM damage but not hit detection. Which is supposedly fixed now I think, so maybe it or the Shadowhawk could be fun again?

Most of the damage nerfs have been undone, you do a bit less damage than before but compared to the other options, the Menturian is a fine medium to bring. The big thing is to not get impatient, if you walk out into the battlefield while folks are LRMing and sniping, you will die like a chump without getting to do a point of damage. It sucks, but you should just chill behind a rock for a while until either side decides to brawl, and harass lights who try to harry your snipers/LRMers. When the brawl starts, stick to the closest assault and do what a good cent always does, make a pubbie sandwich with your target and friendly assault mech. he either turns to you and exposes himself to the assault, or faces the assault and you chew through his back with SRMs. Granted, don't do this if they are tightly blobbed, most pubbies shoot whatever is closest.

Mjilaeck
Jun 10, 2012

Also if you want to hear first hand the fallout about how dishonorable we all are.
https://soundcloud.com/divinedisclaimer/mechwarier
Max :qqsay:

If you want more, we crashed some NGNG podcasts a few times to hilarious results.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvl3UKaTDx_wnVyPvO6Gm5PeWrskcQzfe

Mjilaeck fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Aug 8, 2014

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Fil5000 posted:

Never be sorry.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Someone post the old spergwarrior video. :allears:

RangerAce
Feb 25, 2014

Mjilaeck posted:

Also if you want to hear first hand the fallout about how dishonorable we all are.
https://soundcloud.com/divinedisclaimer/mechwarier
Max :qqsay:

If you want more, we crashed some NGNG podcasts a few times to hilarious results.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvl3UKaTDx_wnVyPvO6Gm5PeWrskcQzfe

This is amazing. GOONS ARE DEZGRA! OH NOES

This makes me almost feel bad for liking the Battletech board game...

e: Hey wait a minute, is that the NGNG guy on that soundcloud? Errodien, I think is his username?

RangerAce fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Aug 8, 2014

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

RangerAce posted:

This is amazing. GOONS ARE DEZGRA! OH NOES

This makes me almost feel bad for liking the Battletech board game...

Is that speaking rear end in a top hat still playing? Because I'm alternating between "drat I want to shoot him" and "he's already in hell still playing this terrible game."

RangerAce
Feb 25, 2014

OAquinas posted:

Is that speaking rear end in a top hat still playing? Because I'm alternating between "drat I want to shoot him" and "he's already in hell still playing this terrible game."

If it's the NGNG Errodien guy, then yeah. He streams regularly on twitch. I got banned from the NGNG stream chat for calling him out for his idiotic nonsense.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

I didn't listen, is the summary just "Waah goons"?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
We ruin everything. It's a verifiable scientific fact.

I mean, just look at what we've done to Oswald's amazing thread.

RangerAce
Feb 25, 2014

I blame Paul.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
Maybe if goons hadn't given him massive head trauma then he wouldn't have ruined the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Don Gato posted:

Maybe if goons hadn't given him massive head trauma then he wouldn't have ruined the game.

The alternative is to not give him head trauma, and I don't want to live in that world. :colbert:

• Locked thread